BAPTISM

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
I was reading on this subject (Baptism) the other day.
Precious friend, A Very Warm Welcome to Chat. For further study, please be
Very RICHLY Encouraged, Enlightened, Exhorted, And Edified with:

God's Context of:

Prophecy/Law for ISRAEL, under the gospel of the kingdom ("faith Without works
is DEAD!) = "he that believeth AND IS baptized shall be saved," Correct?

►►► The Twelve Were Sent to {water} baptize! ◄◄◄

The TWO Main (of 12) baptismS =

A) water, For remission of sins/induction into Israeli "priesthood!":
(Matthew_3:5-6; Mark_1:4; Luke_3:3; John_1:31; Especially Luke 7:29-30;
Acts_10:37; Matthew_28:19; Mark_16:16; Acts_2:38, 22:16; Ezekiel_36:25)
+
B) WITH The Holy Spirit, Poured Out By CHRIST, for power, signs And wonders!
(Isaiah_44:3; Matthew_3:11; Mark_1:8, 16:17-18;
Luke_24:49; Acts_2:17-18, 38, 8:15-17, 11:16)

"Remains Consistent with God's Context" of Prophecy/Law, Correct?

Rightly Divided (2 Timothy 2:15) From “Things That DIFFER!” {online}:

God's Other Context Of: Mystery/GRACE! =

our "apostle to the Gentiles" for The Body Of CHRIST, with The
Gospel Of The GRACE Of God! (Salvation = GRACE Through faith
Apart FROM all works) = Eph 2:8-9; Rom 3:24; Titus 3:5; And MERCY!

►►► Paul Was Not Sent to {water} baptize! Why Not?: ◄◄◄

Today: Only ONE Baptism = "BY" The ONE Spirit = God's OPERATION
Spiritually
Identifying members In (The ONE Body Of) CHRIST!!
(Ephesians 4:5; Colossians_2:12; Galatians_3:27;
Romans_6:3-4; ►►► 1 Corinthians 12:13 ◄◄◄)

"Remains Consistent with God's Context" of Mystery/GRACE, Correct?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conclusion: God's ONE Baptism Today? = ONE!

Is it not Possible That God's Answer Of "No water baptism, for
us Today," Under HIS Pure GRACE, absolutely vanquishes Satan's
{Many Severely DIVIDED denominations?} Confusion into oblivion!?

---------------------------------------------------

FULL "study" of ALL Bible baptisms is here:

12 baptisms vs ONE Baptism!

---------------------------------------
GRACE And Peace...

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
I was reading on this subject the other day.
It seems that it was the eunuch’s idea to be baptized with water and does not appear that Phillip was initiating it.

Acts 8:37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

And the record in Acts 10:45 etc, with Peter and the gentiles, where Peter baptized them with water after they were filled and spoke in tongues. Then in chapter 11 Peter recounts the words of Jesus.

Acts 11:16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.

Another record I saw in Acts 19, you get the same impression of downplaying water and uplifting the baptism of the spirit.

Acts 19:3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.

19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.

19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
it’s part of the great commission

“And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: (jesus )

teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭28:18-20‬ ‭KJV‬‬

jesus also connects it to salvation

“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:15-16‬ ‭

what would Paul the servant and witness ever have to say that’s going to contradict what Jesus his lord and savior established ?

I think Many folks have the wrong idea of Paul and his role in the church. He was never preaching anything different from the gospel. He was just as the other apostles were witnessing the one gospel to the world he just highlights different aspects he doesn’t remove or change anything at all.

And what would it matter who initiated getting baptized regarding the eunuch ? Baptism for remission of sins was common knowledge in the region by this point .

John and his ministry of repentance and remission of sins is where the gospel starts and yes he was already preaching faith in Christ like your saying. Paul asked them if they had received the spirit yet and they said “ we’ve never heard of the spirit “

that’s why Paul pointed to Jesus he did preach and teach of the spirit John had preached of him.

They had done this part

The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God; …John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins. And there went out unto him all the land of Judæa, and they of Jerusalem, and were all baptized of him in the river of Jordan, confessing their sins.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭1:1, 4-5‬ ‭KJV‬‬

But hadn’t been around to hear this part of johns ministry

“and preached, saying, There cometh one mightier than I after me, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to stoop down and unloose. I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭1:7-8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

when Jesus arrived after John was imprisoned to those who had been baptized he said

“Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.”
‭‭John‬ ‭3:5‬ ‭KJV‬‬

johns ministry of baptism of repentance and remission Of sins is part of the gospel Jesus preaching the gospel of the kingdom is the other part.

All Paul was getting at was baptism for remission won’t save unless we believe in Jesus who she’s his blood for remission Of sins we get baptized because we do believe in Jesus dying for our sins

“for this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭26:28‬ ‭KJV‬‬

so the conclusion is before and after his blood is shed if we hear and believe the gospel we’re going to want to get baptized for remission of sins in christs name

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:15-16‬

remission of sins is only one aspect of it it has deeper meaning also but it seems alot Of folks don’t want to get baptized In his name also which is everyone’s choice. Speaking of doctrine though what scripture ac sully does say it’s really Clear

XmasBaby

Oct 11, 2018
the apostles must not have known that water baptism was irrelevant

While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word. …..Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?

….And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭10:44, 47-48‬ ‭

To have faith we need hear something and believe it then we have a reason to act on it. like this

“Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins,

and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭2:38, 40-41‬ ‭

if we reject it and explain why it doesn’t apply it’s because we don’t believe it is true. Look at this fellow he was a believer

“Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭8:35-38‬ ‭KJV‬‬

it seems like either the Bible is teaching irrelevant doctrine that we should reject or we should believe it and get baptized for the remission of sins in christs name through his death for our sins

“Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭6:3-4, 6‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Receiving the holy spirit is a gift given by Jesus it’s what he promised them . Water baptism is what God said to do in christs name and he would remit our sins because we’re acting on his promise to do so ( faith )

there’s a relationship for certain we need to receive the holy spirit and get baptized in water for remission of sins in his name

“Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.”
I was reading this very story of Peter today to the first grade Sunday school class and thinking of this thread.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
I was reading this very story of Peter today to the first grade Sunday school class and thinking of this thread.
yeah it’s pretty basic stuff. Believe the gospel and get baptized in Jesus name for remission of sins Faith 101

XmasBaby

Oct 11, 2018
yeah it’s pretty basic stuff. Believe the gospel and get baptized in Jesus name for remission of sins Faith 101
I keep seeing these verses that are specific about water baptism and getting puzzled by those that say it's not important.

May 22, 2020
Can you post scripture to back #2? Thanks.
There are many. Here are some;

Baptism is Required page 1 of 2

Peter 3: 21.... whereunto even baptism doth also now save us...

John 3:5 .......Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Acts 2;38-....Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 22;16... And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Galations 3:26...... For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

KJV Marrk 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

KJV Matthew 3:14... But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me? 15. Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now, for thus it becometh us to fulfil all rightesousness. Then He suffered Him.

KJV Matthew 28:19..... Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:.

Acts 8:12-18: But when they believed Philip as he preached the things concerning the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, both men and women were baptized.
Quote from Billy Graham that is note worthy;​
....Also, to clarify I did not say remission of sin takes place at repentance. Scripture makes it clear that it occurs upon obedience to water baptism in the name of the Lord Jesus. Each is a step of faith, along with receiving the Holy Ghost, in the process of one's spiritual rebirth​
.."Paul explains the doctrinal significance of what occurs when one is baptized.His explanation is found in his letter to those who had already been obedient to the command.​
Paul tells the Roman Christians what actually occurred when they were/are baptized; they were baptized into His death. Being buried with Jesus into His death resulted in their sin being destroyed.​
Even though Paul explains this concept, the NEW AGE RELIGION TEACHING is......... that water baptism is nothing other than a mere public display.......... And that is so far removed from the truth.
Keep in mind that Satan knows if he can continue to perpetuate that lie ...... he can keep people from entering the kingdom of God. Thus He has proven scripture which says ...in the end times there will be ...great delusions.....they are here.​
Conclusion....teaching that baptism is not necessary is violation of Rev. 22;19.... And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. 20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus. (Also two other books of the Bible).​

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
I keep seeing these verses that are specific about water baptism and getting puzzled by those that say it's not important.
yes there are always those who try to make really anything that’s clear , irrelevant. Just keep following where the word is leading you , and believing what the lord is teaching you and sharing it with others .

of most are agreeing with you lol it means your probably speaking from the world and tickling thier ears.

I’m convinced that the new age “ grace” doctrine in the world is the reason because it teaches people anything you are supposed to do , isn’t grace and if you think you need to do anything Jesus said to do and be saved then you are trying to “save yourself by works”

which of course is silly but a lot of people have bitten that lure it seems. I am no one special but I would just encourage you to stick with what your learning from the gospel you have the right understanding about baptism it’s important.

just like you heard and believe that the rest of the gospel works the same way God will teach us if we stick to his words as we’re able to hear it God bless and keep you in the lord and his word and ways

Jan 30, 2022
it’s part of the great commission

“And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: (jesus )

teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭28:18-20‬ ‭KJV‬‬

jesus also connects it to salvation

“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:15-16‬ ‭

what would Paul the servant and witness ever have to say that’s going to contradict what Jesus his lord and savior established ?

I think Many folks have the wrong idea of Paul and his role in the church. He was never preaching anything different from the gospel. He was just as the other apostles were witnessing the one gospel to the world he just highlights different aspects he doesn’t remove or change anything at all.

And what would it matter who initiated getting baptized regarding the eunuch ? Baptism for remission of sins was common knowledge in the region by this point .

John and his ministry of repentance and remission of sins is where the gospel starts and yes he was already preaching faith in Christ like your saying. Paul asked them if they had received the spirit yet and they said “ we’ve never heard of the spirit “

that’s why Paul pointed to Jesus he did preach and teach of the spirit John had preached of him.

They had done this part

The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God; …John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins. And there went out unto him all the land of Judæa, and they of Jerusalem, and were all baptized of him in the river of Jordan, confessing their sins.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭1:1, 4-5‬ ‭KJV‬‬

But hadn’t been around to hear this part of johns ministry

“and preached, saying, There cometh one mightier than I after me, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to stoop down and unloose. I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭1:7-8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

when Jesus arrived after John was imprisoned to those who had been baptized he said

johns ministry of baptism of repentance and remission Of sins is part of the gospel Jesus preaching the gospel of the kingdom is the other part.

All Paul was getting at was baptism for remission won’t save unless we believe in Jesus who she’s his blood for remission Of sins we get baptized because we do believe in Jesus dying for our sins

“for this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭26:28‬ ‭KJV‬‬

so the conclusion is before and after his blood is shed if we hear and believe the gospel we’re going to want to get baptized for remission of sins in christs name

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:15-16‬

remission of sins is only one aspect of it it has deeper meaning also but it seems alot Of folks don’t want to get baptized In his name also which is everyone’s choice. Speaking of doctrine though what scripture ac sully does say it’s really Clear
I have a question about that verse which has puzzled me for some time. I have researched it to the best of my abilities, but I am not like some of these people who are fairly in-depth when it comes to research.

I found something from: oh man, if I could remember his name, it’s been a couple years, something like Ellubies (spelling?) back in the 4th century where he quoted the verse Mat 28:19 but he didn’t have - in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: It seems like I may have found that on google.

The whole reason I did research on it (if you want to call it research) Is because I couldn’t find anyplace in the gospels or in the epistles that the apostles baptized that way, using - in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

I know Catholic religion does that, or used to, and maybe others do also, but can you find it anyplace that the apostles did that?

Do you or anybody else know why that is. It seems if Jesus Asked them to do that it should be very important.

I don’t know what this has to do with water, It just caught my attention and I would love an answer on it.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I found something from: oh man, if I could remember his name, it’s been a couple years, something like Ellubies (spelling?) back in the 4th century where he quoted the verse Mat 28:19 but he didn’t have - in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: It seems like I may have found that on google.
Eusebius of Caesarea, called Eusebius Pamphili, became the Bishop of Caesarea in Palestine about the year 314AD. Eusebius, historian, exegete and polemicist, and renowned Church Father, was a scholar of the Biblical Canon. He wrote Demonstrations of the Gospel, Preparations for the Gospel, and On Discrepancies between the Gospels, studies of the Biblical text. As "Father of Church History" he produced the Ecclesiastical History, On the Life of Pamphilus, the Chronicle, and On the Martyrs. Little is known about Eusebius' life. source

Jan 30, 2022
Eusebius of Caesarea, called Eusebius Pamphili, became the Bishop of Caesarea in Palestine about the year 314AD. Eusebius, historian, exegete and polemicist, and renowned Church Father, was a scholar of the Biblical Canon. He wrote Demonstrations of the Gospel, Preparations for the Gospel, and On Discrepancies between the Gospels, studies of the Biblical text. As "Father of Church History" he produced the Ecclesiastical History, On the Life of Pamphilus, the Chronicle, and On the Martyrs. Little is known about Eusebius' life. source
Yes! Thank you Magenta, I was pretty far off on the spelling

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
I have a question about that verse which has puzzled me for some time. I have researched it to the best of my abilities, but I am not like some of these people who are fairly in-depth when it comes to research.

The whole reason I did research on it (if you want to call it research) Is because I couldn’t find anyplace in the gospels or in the epistles that the apostles baptized that way, using - in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

I know Catholic religion does that, or used to, and maybe others do also, but can you find it anyplace that the apostles did that?

Do you or anybody else know why that is. It seems if Jesus Asked them to do that it should be very important.

I don’t know what this has to do with water, It just caught my attention and I would love an answer on it.
Jesus is the name of father son and Holy Ghost in one , our true and everlasting God is my opinion

“For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.”
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭2:9‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭4:12‬ ‭KJV‬‬

The father isn’t a name , the son isn’t a name and the holy ghost isn’t a name . When God is manifest in the flesh to mankind in plain view his name is Jesus .
I also noticed every time baptism took place it was in his name and never “ in the name of the father son and Holy Ghost like your talking on about

The gospel of John is really informative of Jesus identity and the power of his name alone. He had been promising this

“Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭52:6‬ ‭KJV‬‬

and then manifest his name in Jesus

“I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.”
‭‭John‬ ‭8:24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.”
‭‭1 Timothy‬ ‭3:16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

you will hear about other names in the ot , but he tended to avoid giving his name out saying things like “ I am that I am “ when asked or “ why do you ask my name ?”

my own belief from scripture study about the same matter is that Jesus is God manifest in full and his name is revealed to us. Yeshua in Hebrew , but Jesus in english I’m sure he speaks all tongues.

I’m convinced that Jesus is the fullness of God and the name of the father son and Holy Ghost , is Jesus. But others have opinions also hope this helps of you need more scriptire let me know I can think of a few I’m sure

“Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him. Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?”
‭‭John‬ ‭14:6-9‬ ‭KJV‬‬

May 22, 2020
yes there are always those who try to make really anything that’s clear , irrelevant. Just keep following where the word is leading you , and believing what the lord is teaching you and sharing it with others .

of most are agreeing with you lol it means your probably speaking from the world and tickling thier ears.

I’m convinced that the new age “ grace” doctrine in the world is the reason because it teaches people anything you are supposed to do , isn’t grace and if you think you need to do anything Jesus said to do and be saved then you are trying to “save yourself by works”

which of course is silly but a lot of people have bitten that lure it seems. I am no one special but I would just encourage you to stick with what your learning from the gospel you have the right understanding about baptism it’s important.

just like you heard and believe that the rest of the gospel works the same way God will teach us if we stick to his words as we’re able to hear it God bless and keep you in the lord and his word and ways
Please show the ones..."that are not important"...if they are related.

Jan 30, 2022
I also noticed every time baptism took place it was in his name and never “ in the name of the father son and Holy Ghost like your talking on about
I appreciate you post, and I understand what you are saying, and I don’t doubt that Jesus is the fullness of God.

I am glad you recognized that also, I am sure there is a reason, but I see no place that would indicate Jesus gave them different instructions.

It’s a stupid curiosity thing that I have thought about every once and a while. It doesn’t change anything I just wondered.

Thank you for your help, it’s just going to be one of those unanswered questions.

The next record of baptism in

Acts 2:38 - Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Hey Peter, did you forget something - baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost

Artios1

Born again to serve
Dec 11, 2020
Perhaps I can help. I am sure I have some information on Matthew 28:19 that I researched a while ago.....and it think it includes Eusebius...come to think of it.... I don't know if there was anything conclusive in my research. But I will check. If it's informative in any way I will post it.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
I appreciate you post, and I understand what you are saying, and I don’t doubt that Jesus is the fullness of God.

I am glad you recognized that also, I am sure there is a reason, but I see no place that would indicate Jesus gave them different instructions.

It’s a stupid curiosity thing that I have thought about every once and a while. It doesn’t change anything I just wondered.

Thank you for your help, it’s just going to be one of those unanswered questions.

Acts 2:38 - Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Hey Peter, did you forget something - baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost
amen they had received Jesus spirit and I believe they understood the one name

“that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭2:10‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭19:5‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭10:48‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭8:12‬ ‭

“And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭22:16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Have you notices in the ot things like this

“And Jacob asked him, and said, Tell me, I pray thee, thy name.

And he said, Wherefore is it that thou dost ask after my name? And he blessed him there. And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭32:29-30‬ ‭

he seems very evasive about his name in the ot

“And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?

And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.
‭‭Exodus‬ ‭3:13-14‭KJV‬‬

But in the New Testament that offers salvstion jesus name is basically on every page with the message God is one , father son and Holy Ghost.

“For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭5:7‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Amen brother I also had the same curiosity when I noticed the same thing I believe the apostles received the spirit and understood the name is Jesus and he is one

Artios1

Born again to serve
Dec 11, 2020

I think I have more on this, but this is all I could find …although I did find a link (at bottom) from Google as you mentioned in your earlier post. Unlike the scripture of 1 John 5:7 and Matthew 27:52&53 which were added ….there is no conclusive evidence to show that here …Pretty much what I have …..you already know. So we leave can’t really dismiss it, just adhere to the baptism that was performed throughout Acts.

This is what I had

As for Mat 28:19 there are a couple of questions with the scripture.

The writings come from Eusebius 260-340 A.D, the Bishop of Caesarea, who is called the father of Church History due to his extensive writings on the subject. Eusebius quotes from Matthew a number of times in his writings. He quotes Mat 28:19 as "Go disciple ye all the nations in my name 17 times including an oration in Praise of Constantine.

Eusebius was present at the council of Nicaea and was involved in the debates about Arian teaching → “whether Christ was God or a creation of God”. …..If the manuscripts that he had in front of him were written as in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit…. Eusebius never would have quoted it as saying “in my name”

Oration in Praise of Constantine

"What king or prince in any age of the world, what philosopher, legislator, or prophet, in civilized or barbarous lands, has attained so great a height of excellence, I say not after death, but while living still, and full of mighty power, as to fill the ears and tongues of all mankind with the praises of his name? Surely none save our only Savior has done this, when, after his victory over death, he spoke the word to his followers, and fulfilled it by the event, saying to them, 'Go ye, and make disciples of all nations in my name.' The Oration in Praise of Constantine, Chap. 16, page 907-908 of The Master Christian Library, Version 6.02

The other question with “in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit”

It does not explain the deliberate disobedience of the Apostles …. since there is not a single occurrence of them baptizing anyone by that formula. All the records in the NT have them baptizing in the name of Jesus Christ.

https://torahresource.com/matthew-2819-text-critical-investigation/

May 22, 2020
The KJV Bible instructs method of baptism;

1611 edition KJV Matthew 28:19..... Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:.
Why is there a question about who should be referred too when baptizing?
Only to try and establish doubt...by the new age religion type..

Artios1

Born again to serve
Dec 11, 2020
The KJV Bible instructs method of baptism;

1611 edition KJV Matthew 28:19..... Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:.
Why is there a question about who should be referred too when baptizing?
Only to try and establish doubt...by the new age religion type..
You are missing the point

If you had read back some two or 3 posts you would see the purpose of the question.

Jesus supposedly instructed the apostles to baptize….. in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.

Can you find anyplace where the apostles followed those instructions? ....That is what we were looking into…

Not to establish doubt….. to establish accuracy...... I don’t know what new age has to do with accuracy.