Be My Guest! (It's the Singles Forum Personality Test, Part 3.)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Hey Everyone,

Ok. We've finally made it to the finish line! This was my third idea for an "Anti-Personality Test" here in Singles, so let's see how everyone answers. :)

Scenario:

* You've been invited to stay with close friends or family at their house for a week's vacation. What kind of house guest are you?

A. Your Place is My Place -- You arrive in your most casual clothes (ripped concert t-shirt from 20 years back; jeans with enough holes to be comfortable but not obscene,) plop yourself down on their couch, and rip open a bag of Doritos... Just like you would do at home.

B. The Cautious Stranger -- Not wanting to rock any boats, you try your best to stay in the background, tiptoe around everyone, and attempt to "blend in" as if you're not even there. Even better, you just plug in to your electronics and don't have to engage with anyone the entire time.

C. You're Gonna Miss Me When I'm Gone -- This could go two ways. Maybe you didn't want to take this trip and are only there out of obligation, so you make sure your actions are obnoxious enough to ensure you won't have to go again. :) OR, you make yourself so much fun (playing with the kids, laughing and having a great time with everyone,) that your hosts wish you could stay for another week!

D. The Molly Maid -- Again, this could go two ways: at home, you're a bit of a neat freak, and the atmosphere you now find yourself in isn't exactly up to your standards. And so, you start in on a quest to try to bring things around you a little more up to par. OR, you want to be helpful to your hosts in any way you can -- cooking, cleaning, laundry, watching the kids/pets. Goodness! You don't even do this much work at your own place! But, you're happy knowing that you're helping (or do you feel obligated?)

E. The Master -- It's YOUR vacation, and you are the king/queen of the castle. "Hey you, yes you, bring me another beverage -- and the remote control while you're at it!" You don't bother cleaning up after yourself -- someone else will get it, and besides, you're on vacation. After all, if your hosts weren't willing to take good care of you, they shouldn't have asked you in the first place.

F. Any and all other answers! :) Do any of these answers (or a combination of them) fit you? Why or why not?

What kind of house guest can people expect YOU to be?

Thanks to everyone for your honest (and humorous) answers. I've really enjoyed reading people's responses, and I hope others have, too. :)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I like to help out when I am staying with someone, not wanting to be a burden, showing up with groceries and offering to make meals to ensure my stay causes no extra undue pressure for them, and helping with any chores that may need doing. There are very few places I travel and be a house guest that do not involve family members, so it is pretty casual all the way. I have noticed when I am with my family members (most of whom live thousands of miles away) that they love to talk, and so I do a lot of listening :) One sister I stayed with lent me their "extra" car for the duration of my visit, so I made sure it was full of gas when I departed :cool: I also have given some gift before leaving as a token of my appreciation for their hospitality. I don't expect them to gallivant around town or the countryside to show me the sights or anything like that either, but if that is what they want to do, I am open to it. What kind of house guest are you? :D

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I'm the kind of house guest that you probably will NOT miss when I'm gone... not because I'm rude or messy, but because you might not be aware when I am here. I'm not much on initiating activities, so if y'all are doing something I'll probably be on the periphery but if nothing is going on I'll be over there in the corner keeping myself entertained.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
D or F

To make up for the sushi goldfish incident I buy some windchimes to try and fengshui away the bad luck. This doesnt really work because the family find windchimes annoying so then its plan B which is I start weed their garden and put a nice jade money tree in an auspicious spot. Then I rearrange all their books after giving them a good read myself...I have a week to read them dont I?

I then make sure every bedroom has some chocolates under their pillow and Gideons bibles just in case the future guest after me needs some emergency bedtime reading.

I once tried to clean and tidy a kitchen when a friend left for a holiday in Bali leaving me with her daughter and a messy kitchen. It was so I could cooks something for myself and her daughter to eat but I couldnt find anything in the kitchen like utensils cos it was like a hurricane had hit it. my friend said oh you can just buy takeaways. after we had ran out of food in the fridge. luckily the nearest shop was only a few minutes walk away or we might have starved. for fun I tried to clean a blackened cookie sheet. But all the you tube hints didnt work so that failed. But when the friend came back she was kinda pleased I had tidied her kitchen so people could actually find things and put all her recipes in order.

she owes me a trip to Bali lol.

my mum has not had house guests ever since I can remember she has frowned on inviting anyone staying over...shes will be nice to them to their face but after they are gone she will complain about everything...when all they did was wash, try to get a good night sleep and eat a meal....so Im a bit wary when people gush over me and say they love having me but then minute I am gone they might be going glad to see the back of her.

wwoofing I did for a while but depends on the family some were lovely but some had quite different ideas on what work you could do to earn your keep. (I was willing to give most anything a go if I was shown how but doesnt mean I was an expert on doing things by myself! ) I like the cultural exchange though which you just dont really get when you stay in a hotel or paid accomodation.

when you are unmarried and female its kinda just a given that you get treated as a maid. By everyone.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Gotta give it to Lanolin, she has an amusing imagination.

But I have to agree with the imaginary family... wind chimes are annoying. >.>

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Hey Everyone,

Ok. We've finally made it to the finish line! This was my third idea for an "Anti-Personality Test" here in Singles, so let's see how everyone answers. :)

Scenario:

* You've been invited to stay with close friends or family at their house for a week's vacation. What kind of house guest are you?

A. Your Place is My Place -- You arrive in your most casual clothes (ripped concert t-shirt from 20 years back; jeans with enough holes to be comfortable but not obscene,) plop yourself down on their couch, and rip open a bag of Doritos... Just like you would do at home.

B. The Cautious Stranger -- Not wanting to rock any boats, you try your best to stay in the background, tiptoe around everyone, and attempt to "blend in" as if you're not even there. Even better, you just plug in to your electronics and don't have to engage with anyone the entire time.

C. You're Gonna Miss Me When I'm Gone -- This could go two ways. Maybe you didn't want to take this trip and are only there out of obligation, so you make sure your actions are obnoxious enough to ensure you won't have to go again. :) OR, you make yourself so much fun (playing with the kids, laughing and having a great time with everyone,) that your hosts wish you could stay for another week!

D. The Molly Maid -- Again, this could go two ways: at home, you're a bit of a neat freak, and the atmosphere you now find yourself in isn't exactly up to your standards. And so, you start in on a quest to try to bring things around you a little more up to par. OR, you want to be helpful to your hosts in any way you can -- cooking, cleaning, laundry, watching the kids/pets. Goodness! You don't even do this much work at your own place! But, you're happy knowing that you're helping (or do you feel obligated?)

E. The Master -- It's YOUR vacation, and you are the king/queen of the castle. "Hey you, yes you, bring me another beverage -- and the remote control while you're at it!" You don't bother cleaning up after yourself -- someone else will get it, and besides, you're on vacation. After all, if your hosts weren't willing to take good care of you, they shouldn't have asked you in the first place.

F. Any and all other answers! :) Do any of these answers (or a combination of them) fit you? Why or why not?

Thanks to everyone for your honest (and humorous) answers. I've really enjoyed reading people's responses, and I hope others have, too. :)
I am a mix of A and C ... I am casual and if there are kids around i love being the pied piper leading them around from one activity to another.. Kids are often far better company then adults anyway.. :)

Tinkerbell725

Jul 19, 2014
Philippines Age 40
I am the kind of guest who will eat all your food. I am always hungry while travelling. I am a feel at home guest but I still respect boundaries of the host.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
I am the kind of guest who will eat all your food. I am always hungry while travelling. I am a feel at home guest but I still respect boundaries of the host.

* Note to self *

Things to Do When Tinkerbell Comes to Visit:

1. PADLOCK THE REFRIGERATOR. :LOL:

P.S. Great to see you back, Tink! :)

kinda

Jun 26, 2013

. :)

I see my chocolate Kryptonite is working, will be sure to let Igor know back at the lab.

(It's a picture of Igor, my imaginary lab worker)

Answer A corrected: No ripped concert t-shirt, no jeans, and no Doritos. Definitely casual though.

Poinsetta

Nov 24, 2018
I am B- the cautious stranger and that’s how I behave. Lol

I can be a Molly Maid but i’m not a great cook so I would pass on that I can do your guyses laundry though. ;)

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
You cant be a great maid And a great cook at the same time its like those are separate jobs that totally contradict each other.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Proverbs 14:4
my kjv version says 'clean' but some of the other versions say empty which doesnt make sense.

You have to break some eggs to make an omlette is all Im saying. My friend, a wonderful cook thats why her kitchen was so messy...great cooks dont always have time to tidy everything.
I got that with gardening too that is impossible to do it without getting your hands dirty...you can wear gloves sure but they are gonna get scratched, muddy and smelly. Anyone who thinks gardening is the same as tidying up has got to be dreaming.

Poinsetta

Nov 24, 2018
I know how to cook: eggs with tortilla spaghetti beans white rice red rice Mac and cheese but thats it you guys would get bored with my food and probably starve. Anyway, I’m not a real Martha I’m more like Mary reading her devotionals and sermons and journaling her prayers.

Poinsetta

Nov 24, 2018
And I am that Molly maid in my house I can clean everything and everyone’s but just ask me with basic cooking stuff like a helping hand but I’m not a chef. Is what I said.

Poinsetta

Nov 24, 2018
You cant be a great maid And a great cook at the same time its like those are separate jobs that totally contradict each other.
Sorry I took this post the wrong way I didn’t know you were actually in my team. Wow I just blew myself sorry.

Sep 13, 2018
I am a mix of A and C ... I am casual and if there are kids around i love being the pied piper leading them around from one activity to another.. Kids are often far better company then adults anyway.. :)
I don't want to hit you with a negative emoji so I will just respectfully disagree. lol...

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I have stopped eating Doritos cos I found that after eating a few packets my teeth would go yellow from all the food colouring.