BE NOT WEARY IN WELL DOING

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
"And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not" (Galatians 6:9).

We see a lot of this posted as a response to what religious group are you associated with . . .

I don't follow any particular doctrine, i made a decision to read the bible with unbiased mind and now coming to the conclusion that many many many people are lost into the lies. More like the broad road leading to destruction.

And this is because they are unwilling to associate themselves with whatever heresy du jour or false cult they are currently running with. Those that are grounded in the Word of God and have learned to 'rightly divide the word of truth' know that these people are false prophets carrying 'doctrines of devils' seeking whom they may devour with another gospel.

It is indeed wearisome to stand our ground and continue to speak truth to error - yet it is what God would have us to do through prayer and the presence of the Holy Spirit Who promises to give us an answer when we need it - relying on His unfailing Word.

Why?

Because cultists, though they are indeed evil, are not greater than He that is within us. And from time to time a sincere searcher after the truth of the Gospel visits this site looking for answers. Mark it that these cultists are here for one purpose - to snatch these seekers and turn them into "twofold more the child of hell" than themselves. Truly many cultists are simply the unpaid bills of our churches that fail to disciple their converts or flat out refuse to obey the 'great commission' and seek and save (through Christ) them that are lost.

So, again, all I can do is encourage your, weary brother and sister and know this . . .

" . . . in due season we shall reap, if we faint not"

God bless you as you minister on this final great mission field called the internet.

Dec 12, 2013
Time is short my friend....rank and file the lost pour into hell like Niagra during a flood....exactly why I make my stance in the works thread....faith in Christ is what saves a man and if I can reach just one more with the truth I will post till the gates of hell are welded shut and it freezes over <--in other words, I will never stop.....ever!

Sep 3, 2016
“9 And let us not be weary in well doing (Paul continues to speak of “sowing to the Spirit”): for in due season we shall reap (in God’s Time, our Faith in Christ and the Cross will not go unrewarded, but will bring forth exactly that which is Promised by the Lord), if we faint not. (Many start the race, but do not finish. They give up after a while, exclaiming that the “Cross” doesn’t work. Let all know and understand that we might fail, but the Cross never fails!)” Gal. 6:9

Excerpt From
The Expositor's Study Bible
Jimmy Swaggart
https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/the-expositors-study-bible/id399697870?mt=11
This material may be protected by copyright.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
“9 And let us not be weary in well doing (Paul continues to speak of “sowing to the Spirit”): for in due season we shall reap (in God’s Time, our Faith in Christ and the Cross will not go unrewarded, but will bring forth exactly that which is Promised by the Lord), if we faint not. (Many start the race, but do not finish. They give up after a while, exclaiming that the “Cross” doesn’t work. Let all know and understand that we might fail, but the Cross never fails!)” Gal. 6:9

Excerpt From
The Expositor's Study Bible
Jimmy Swaggart
https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/the-expositors-study-bible/id399697870?mt=11
This material may be protected by copyright.
Indeed, "the Cross" doesn't work, nor does it comfort, edify, encourage, guide, convict or chasten. In fact, it does nothing at all, for it is only wood, and probably long-since disintegrated.

However, Jesus Christ is alive and working in us to accomplish His good purposes in us and in the world. He is faithful and He never fails.

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
I reject the 'message' of Jimmy Swaggart. He preaches another gospel . . . one that assumes that a condemned sinner can do perfect works and earn a place in heaven completely rejecting the finished work of Jesus Christ on the cross. Beyond that he is a disgraced preacher that should not be darkening a pulpit.

Not sure how (or why) you choose to interject controversy into a thread . . . but you managed it!

Sep 3, 2016
I reject the 'message' of Jimmy Swaggart. He preaches another gospel . . . one that assumes that a condemned sinner can do perfect works and earn a place in heaven completely rejecting the finished work of Jesus Christ on the cross. Beyond that he is a disgraced preacher that should not be darkening a pulpit.

Not sure how (or why) you choose to interject controversy into a thread . . . but you managed it!
Never ever judge another Brothers failings. This is called the great gross sin of self-righteousness that nailed Jesus to the Cross!

This is a warning: "For with what judgment you judge, you shall be judged: and with what measure you mete, it shall be measured to you again (double emphasis is given here to proclaim the seriousness of the Words of our Lord; when we judge others, we are judging ourselves). Jesus labels the person as a hypocrite, a so-called righteous, which is produced by man. In other words, he thinks he is righteous, because of certain bad things he hasn't done or certain good things he has done. To be sure, it's righteousness that God will in no wise accept. (Matthew 7:1-5)

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Never ever judge another Brothers failings. This is called the great gross sin of self-righteousness that nailed Jesus to the Cross!

This is a warning: "For with what judgment you judge, you shall be judged: and with what measure you mete, it shall be measured to you again (double emphasis is given here to proclaim the seriousness of the Words of our Lord; when we judge others, we are judging ourselves). Jesus labels the person as a hypocrite, a so-called righteous, which is produced by man. In other words, he thinks he is righteous, because of certain bad things he hasn't done or certain good things he has done. To be sure, it's righteousness that God will in no wise accept. (Matthew 7:1-5)
This is a misunderstanding of both judgment and of self-righteousness. Right judgment is looking at a person's behaviour and assessing it in light of the behaviour to which Christ calls us. Self-righteousness is believing that we, in and of ourselves, are or can be righteous without Christ.

Mentioning the "failings" of another (particularly those of a prominent preacher who confessed) is neither "judging" nor is it self-righteous behaviour.