Right, so I posted this a while back in a forum; thought it would be a good blog thing 
Something that happened to me a while back that I really felt led to share with all of you
I hope you feel blessed and encouraged after reading it <3
I'm quite a shy person; I also suffer from anxiety. Talking to people can be difficult. Sometimes, I feel useless as a Christian because of it; I feel like I'm not spreading the gospel like I should be. It occurred to me this morning that I take the bus to and from work; I could start writing messages and leaving them for the next person to read, as a way of spreading the Word. So, today on the way home from work, I spent a portion of the bus ride in prayer; I knew that God would know exactly who each message was for, so I prayed that the Spirit would give me the right passage of scripture and just the right words to go along with it, that it would speak to the heart of whomever was meant to read it. Using the Bible app on my phone, I clicked on a random book, chapter, and verse. The verse I got was James 3:13-
"Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom."
Now, I have to be quite honest that I was just a little disappointed; I was really expecting something more along the lines of John 3:16; something about the incredible love the Father has for His children. A small part of me thought, "Well, this can't be right. I should pick a different one." But then I reminded myself that God knows what He's doing; I needed to just trust and have faith that this was right. I then wrote an encouraging message to go along with the scripture with words given to me by the Spirit. After placing the message on the seat, I began to feel a little disheartened; I thought, was that really the right verse? Were the words I used really right? Would anyone even read this, or would the bus driver just pick it up and throw it in the garbage? I felt I would never really know if this would touch anyone's heart. How could I know, really?
My bus then pulled into the terminal, where I transfer onto another bus to take me home. After stepping off the bus, I suddenly realized that I should have stayed on; apparently on Sundays, the same bus switches routes at the terminal, to the very route I needed to be on. However, before I could get back on, there was now a large crowd of people climbing onto the bus; I ended up not having a seat, so I had to stand. There was a man with a large bag on the seat beside him, and upon seeing that I was without a seat, he moved his bag and said, "would you like to sit down?" I gratefully accepted his offer. It didn't occur to me that he was sitting in the exact seat I was previously seated at until he turned to me with a little note in his hand and exclaimed, "look what someone left on this seat!" Well, I felt a little awkward as I took it from him, and merely glanced at it before looking away. He said, "You're not going to read it??" and strongly prompted me to do so. I read the words I had written just moments prior, and when I finished reading, he said, with a smile on his face, "That kinda made me feel good."
Well!! There was my affirmation right there!! This had indeed touched the person who read it! When you feel led by the spirit to do something, even if you think it seems strange or silly, do it!!!!! Just have faith!!!!! God is so good!!!!
Something that happened to me a while back that I really felt led to share with all of you
I hope you feel blessed and encouraged after reading it <3
I'm quite a shy person; I also suffer from anxiety. Talking to people can be difficult. Sometimes, I feel useless as a Christian because of it; I feel like I'm not spreading the gospel like I should be. It occurred to me this morning that I take the bus to and from work; I could start writing messages and leaving them for the next person to read, as a way of spreading the Word. So, today on the way home from work, I spent a portion of the bus ride in prayer; I knew that God would know exactly who each message was for, so I prayed that the Spirit would give me the right passage of scripture and just the right words to go along with it, that it would speak to the heart of whomever was meant to read it. Using the Bible app on my phone, I clicked on a random book, chapter, and verse. The verse I got was James 3:13-
"Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom."
Now, I have to be quite honest that I was just a little disappointed; I was really expecting something more along the lines of John 3:16; something about the incredible love the Father has for His children. A small part of me thought, "Well, this can't be right. I should pick a different one." But then I reminded myself that God knows what He's doing; I needed to just trust and have faith that this was right. I then wrote an encouraging message to go along with the scripture with words given to me by the Spirit. After placing the message on the seat, I began to feel a little disheartened; I thought, was that really the right verse? Were the words I used really right? Would anyone even read this, or would the bus driver just pick it up and throw it in the garbage? I felt I would never really know if this would touch anyone's heart. How could I know, really?
My bus then pulled into the terminal, where I transfer onto another bus to take me home. After stepping off the bus, I suddenly realized that I should have stayed on; apparently on Sundays, the same bus switches routes at the terminal, to the very route I needed to be on. However, before I could get back on, there was now a large crowd of people climbing onto the bus; I ended up not having a seat, so I had to stand. There was a man with a large bag on the seat beside him, and upon seeing that I was without a seat, he moved his bag and said, "would you like to sit down?" I gratefully accepted his offer. It didn't occur to me that he was sitting in the exact seat I was previously seated at until he turned to me with a little note in his hand and exclaimed, "look what someone left on this seat!" Well, I felt a little awkward as I took it from him, and merely glanced at it before looking away. He said, "You're not going to read it??" and strongly prompted me to do so. I read the words I had written just moments prior, and when I finished reading, he said, with a smile on his face, "That kinda made me feel good."
Well!! There was my affirmation right there!! This had indeed touched the person who read it! When you feel led by the spirit to do something, even if you think it seems strange or silly, do it!!!!! Just have faith!!!!! God is so good!!!!