Beginning of sorrows

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
This beginning of sorrows actually started a long time ago and will proceed until the time of the end when Jesus returns.

M

Miri

This beginning of sorrows actually started a long time ago and will proceed until the time of the end when Jesus returns.
The beginning of sorrows started in the
garden of Eden. 🙂

M

Miri

Isaiah 53:3-4 NKJV
[3] He is despised and rejected by men, A Man of sorrows and acquainted with grief. And we hid, as it were, our faces from Him; He was despised, and we did not esteem Him. [4] Surely He has borne our griefs And carried our sorrows; Yet we esteemed Him stricken, Smitten by God, and afflicted.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Here's what I see regarding...

"the beginning of birth PANGS [PLURAL]" (Matt24:4-8; Mk13:5-8 [and DESCRIBED in Lk21:8-11, but not so named, there]) :

--they are equivalent to "the SEALS" of Rev 6 (and Rev1:1 states, "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, WHICH GOD GAVE UNTO HIM [Jesus], TO SHEW UNTO His servants [note 7:4] things which must come to pass [note 4:1 (future things!)] IN QUICKNESS [NOUN]" [not things which will unfold over the past 2000 years or so, but "IN QUICKNESS [NOUN]")

--the info within the Olivet Discourse shows the SEQUENCE to be: "but BEFORE ALL THESE [that is, BEFORE ALL THESE 'beginning of birth PANGS [PLURAL]' just described]," before that even begins, the 70ad events must take place (vv.12-24a [though 24b follows from there, and ENDS at the END of the future trib at Christ's Second Coming to the earth])--Matt22:7-8 also shows this very important SEQUENCE (v.7 being the 70ad events; v.8 being the info He further supplied ["THEN SAITH HE" (AFTER the v.7 "burned up their city" events)] thus given in "The Revelation" in 95ad)

--the INITIAL "birth PANG [SINGULAR; 1Th5:2-3]" is the commencement of the [earthly-located] time period, "the Day of the Lord" (involving the ARRIVAL of "the man of sin" AND all he will do, over the course of 7 yrs, leading UP TO Christ's Second Coming to the earth [FOR the promised and prophesied earthly Millennial Kingdom, i.e. "the wedding FEAST/SUPPER" aka "the kingdom of the heavens [on the earth, upon His 'RETURN' there]"]). Note: "the Day of the Lord" continues on to include the entire 1000-yr earthly MK, minus "the man of sin" (2Th2:8 "whom the Lord shall consume...destroy..."; that is to say, 2Th2:9a,4,8 shows the BEGINNING/MIDDLE/END of the 7 yrs just as Dan9:27a[26] does)

--Matt24:4/Mk13:5 "G1500 - tis - 'a certain one' " is the equivalent of the INITIAL "birth PANG [SINGULAR]" which is the "FIRST SEAL" (the "whose coming/arrival/advent//presence/parousia" [2Th2:9a] of the "man of sin" IN HIS TIME [Dan9:27a(26)]). I believe both 1 and 2 Thessalonians is supplying the SEQUENCE of where our Rapture takes place IN RELATION [time-wise] TO "the Day of the Lord [the time period commencing with the arrival of the man of sin/SEAL ONE]," and that is "FIRST" ("The Departure FIRST" [the same noun EVENT of v.1]) before the Day of the Lord with its man of sin can "BE PRESENT" to unfold upon the earth, over the course of some time (namely, the seven years / 70th Week)--"The Day of the Lord" only and ever transpires ON THE EARTH.

So I hope in all that you can see my bottom-line answer to the OP Q as to whether or not we "see" the beginning tip of the birth pangs.
I'm happy to clarify anything that isn't clear (I know it's a big post, I apologize for its length :) )

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
...tried to remove the word "and" from last sentence of next-to-last paragraph, but edit time ran out :D

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
O. I thought it was time to start filling the water containers for the end.........

S

SpoonJuly

O. I thought it was time to start filling the water containers for the end.........
I really hate having to get up at 2 AM to change my clocks.
Why don't they make the change during daylight hours?

Aug 2, 2009
Yea everything does seem to be pretty sorrowful lately.

....or maybe its just me?

Feb 28, 2016
an old friend called me early this morning, he lives in NY, he told me that the
governor is trying to pass a bill that when a baby is born you don't have to
check the space for 'boy or girl' - he also said a woman there is telling
people that our little ones should be given a chance until they are
around 3-5 to see if they relate as a boy or a girl in their lives...

this, in a way is beyond belief, but on the other hand, just being witness
to what is happening in this day and age, it's really not that surprising...

how much more grief must we be witness to until our Saviour intervenes???