Being Justified.... Sin has no more dominion over you.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 3, 2016
How do you dare address a Christian in this fashion? You can disagree without making such false statements.
He is not a Christian. Ephesians 5:9 tells us where the fruit of the spirit is located; in goodness, Righteousness, and Truth. This is how we know who are born-again. He has a make believe and pretend salvation. Righteousness is ONLY awarded by God by Faith placed and maintained exclusively in Christ and the Cross!

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Because you do not believe this Righteous has not been awarded, which means you are not saved.

Your view is not biblically sound. Righteousness is not "awarded" to anyone. Righteousness is the free gift of God to those who place their faith in Jesus Christ. An award is something earned by effort.

A disagreement over a secondary matter does not mean someone is not saved. I wonder whether you are saved because you preach a false gospel and demonstrate no love for others here.

This is how we test the spirit!

Not according to 1 John 4. Your view is narrow and incomplete.

You are the property of Satan your father.
You ain't Jesus and have no right to make such pronouncements.

Mar 23, 2016
Why do we as Christians continually battle sin ?
If we want to get down to the nitty gritty, it's not really sin that we battle ... it is the lusts of our flesh that draw us away if we do not successfully endure temptation:

James 1:

12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

When we endure temptation, we will be blessed with the crown of life promised to us by the Lord.

I also think it's a good thing to memorize 1 Cor 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

When we are tempted, having this verse in our arsenal will help us overcome. First, realize that God will not allow us to be tempted above our ability to endure the temptation and Second, look for the way to escape. God is faithful and He will do as He promises.

I think the points made in the OP are good points to ponder. It is clear from Scripture that we are no longer in bondage to sin and sin no longer has a hold on us. That being the case, it is a good thing to arm ourselves in preparation for the onslaught of the adversary, who walks about as a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour and who wants nothing more than to steal, kill, and destroy every good thing God has promised to us.

PERFECTION

Aug 14, 2019
If we want to get down to the nitty gritty, it's not really sin that we battle ... it is the lusts of our flesh that draw us away if we do not successfully endure temptation:

James 1:

12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

When we endure temptation, we will be blessed with the crown of life promised to us by the Lord.

I also think it's a good thing to memorize 1 Cor 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

When we are tempted, having this verse in our arsenal will help us overcome. First, realize that God will not allow us to be tempted above our ability to endure the temptation and Second, look for the way to escape. God is faithful and He will do as He promises.

I think the points made in the OP are good points to ponder. It is clear from Scripture that we are no longer in bondage to sin and sin no longer has a hold on us. That being the case, it is a good thing to arm ourselves in preparation for the onslaught of the adversary, who walks about as a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour and who wants nothing more than to steal, kill, and destroy every good thing God has promised to us.
Very well said ......thank you

PERFECTION

Aug 14, 2019
God has chosen to operate His work from the basis of faith. "The Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus" (Romans 8:2) is God's prescribed order of victory for the Believer over sin, the world, the flesh, and the Devil. This means that the Believer must place and maintain proper Faith the size of a mustard seed exclusively in Christ and the Cross of Calvary, i.e., The Finished Work, i.e., The Blood of Jesus, where the victory was won so that His life would be lived through you. This gives the Holy Spirit the legal means to help and do what is needed to be done in the Believers life because the Believer is glorifying Christ, God's beloved Son in whom He is pleased. You are now operating in the spirit. No Believer can fix the flesh with the flesh. All fruits that are added to the leaves of the Believer most be done by the Holy Spirit or you enter the works of the flesh (Gal. 5:19-21).

The Holy Spirit doesn't require much of us, but He does require one thing, and without reservation. Our Faith must be exclusively be in Christ and the Cross; understanding that this is God's Prescribed Order of Victory (Rom. 8:2).

The Holy Spirit works strictly within the parameters of the "Finished Work" i.e., "The Cross of Christ" i.e., "The Blood of Jesus;" which demands that our Faith be placed and maintained exclusively in the Cross of Christ. The reason is simple, that's were the price was paid, and the victory was forever won (Romans 6:1-14; 1 Cor. 2:2; Gal. 5; Gal. 6:14; Eph. 2:13-18; Col. 2:14-15).

Victory over sin: Romans 8:2
Victory over the world: Galatians 6:14; 1 John 5:4
Victory over the flesh: Galatians 5:24
Victory over the Devil:Hebrews 2:14; Colossians 2:15

The Apostle Paul makes it very clear in Romans 8:10 that the physical body, mind / intellect, and the heart (which is evil - Jeremiah 17:9) has been rendered helpless because of the original sin; consequently, the Believer trying to overcome by willpower presents a fruitless task. Only the Holy Spirit can mortify the deeds of the flesh and make us what we ought to be (Romans 8:13). This means we cannot do it ourselves. Once again, He performs all that He does within the confines of the Finished Work of Christ (Romans 8:2).

If a Christian will and their efforts to live for God is in anything except Christ and the Cross, i.e., Finished Work, The Blood of Jesus (Romans 8:2), Satan can override your will and force you to do things you don't want to do and trying not to do (Ephesians 6:12). Jesus said deny yourself and pick up your cross and follow me (Luke 9:23).

Remember our bodies are dead and useless to God. The heart is prone to wander away from God's love and eat from "The Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil." The reason why the body is dead is because of the effects of the fall has made us totally incapable of yielding spiritual obedience on a regular basis (Jeremiah 13:23). So there must be a source outside of myself that helps me to enter into sanctification which is the Holy Spirit (Romans 8:13).

Note: The Believer must repent not just for the bad they are doing, but also for the good they are doing. Why? Because the Believer can depend on the good to get them through (Jer. 6:13-15). Good things will always follow right living. However, that is not God's way. His way is Faith exclusively in Christ and His Finished Work (Rev. 3:17-22).

How does a Believer maintain Faith exclusively in Christ and the Cross? By just believing in Jesus (who He is - John 1:1-14, 29) and what He accomplished at Calvary Cross where the victory was one. Romans 4:5 - Galatians 2:19-21 NKJV - 1 Corinthians 1:18-25 NKJV - Colossians 2:11-15 NKJV
You cant fix the flesh with the flesh........I like that

Sep 3, 2016
You cant fix the flesh with the flesh........I like that
When a Believer does this, they have just made up a new way (LAW) to live for God; so grace is frustrated. The Apostle Paul said, "I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if Righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain (Gal. 2:21). In other words, if Righteousness can come without Faith placed and maintained exclusively in Christ and Him Crucified (the Cross), Christ death was meaningless. I hope you see the degree of believing that is required.

PERFECTION

Aug 14, 2019
I would say that Jimmy Swaggart would agree with the first two since it was his article you copied in full and did not credit.

Francis and Friends ____________________________________CLICK For More Articles
Articles by Jimmy Swaggart
The Doctrine of the Cross
Jan 2012

You should confess your sin. Thou shalt not steal. (Swaggart articles)
I would say that Jimmy Swaggart would agree with the first two since it was his article you copied in full and did not credit.

Francis and Friends ____________________________________CLICK For More Articles
Jan 2012

Only Jesus is sinless and sin will be present in one's life until death.

The new life in Him is what is sinless.

The flesh in the unbeliever is not any better than the flesh in the believer.
If you believe that Christians can be sinners answer me this......How many unconfessed sins can this Christian die with before they are denied access into the Kingdom? Remember sinners are not justified and the unjust shall never inherit the Kingdom of God.

Also there is no such thing as a big sin and a little sin. With God he looks for one thing and one thing only, are you born again or not.

Most Christians do not spend their time studying the theology of sin all they want is to live their lives in the joy of walking with Christ every day, because the ability in being close to Him is the only way that they can make it through one more day. At the end of the day you should find these saints giving thanks for strength that brought them through the day not confessing their sins. These people believe God and therefore they are counted among the righteous. If for what ever reason they stray from the path the Holy Spirit will deal with them and it is no business of yours are mine.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
If you believe that Christians can be sinners answer me this......How many unconfessed sins can this Christian die with before they are denied access into the Kingdom? Remember sinners are not justified and the unjust shall never inherit the Kingdom of God.

Also there is no such thing as a big sin and a little sin. With God he looks for one thing and one thing only, are you born again or not.

Most Christians do not spend their time studying the theology of sin all they want is to live their lives in the joy of walking with Christ every day, because the ability in being close to Him is the only way that they can make it through one more day. At the end of the day you should find these saints giving thanks for strength that brought them through the day not confessing their sins. These people believe God and therefore they are counted among the righteous. If for what ever reason they stray from the path the Holy Spirit will deal with them and it is no business of yours are mine.
Ah, but you just made my remarks to someone else your business.

You're new and don't know the history of posts by the person I was speaking to. Perhaps you should look into that.

Sep 3, 2016
How about you answer this... are you sinless?
...Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world (John 1:29).

By His Death on the Cross, Jesus Christ, not only covered our sins, but washed them away as if they never existed, which means that in the sight of God, it is as if we had never sinned. It is called "Justification by Faith."

JSM

PERFECTION

Aug 14, 2019
how about you qualify your question. I do not believe you have a proper grasp on the relationship between Christ and a born again believer . While we are at it answer me this , why are you determined to defend sin?

PERFECTION

Aug 14, 2019

You're new and don't know the history of posts by the person I was speaking to. Perhaps you should look into that.
Sorry you are right I do not have a proper grasp on just how this sight works. Wish they had a tutorial .

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015

This is rich coming from you, given it is exactly what you do with my posts to others.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
I don't know about the rest of you, but I am not sinless. I am like Paul, I constantly find myself doing the things I do not want to do. And not doing the things I want.

Rom. 7:19-21 "For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me."

Thanks be to God we have an advocate: 1 John 2:1
"My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:" 5thumbsup.gif

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
This is rich coming from you, given it is exactly what you do with my posts to others.
It is a public forum on the Internet. A post is everybody's business because it appears to everyone who is on the forum. And even those who lurk here having found the site through a search engine.
When you are rude and uncivil to Christians here you are to be called out on that. As the scripture tells us. The peace of Christ doesn't call people names, it doesn't insult people, it doesn't lead to the Christian writing derogatory remarks, it doesn't compel a Christian to act like they're a disciple of the enemy of peace.

A forum needs members, members don't need to be insulted in a forum that tells them on the banner that it is one dedicated to the Prince of Peace, Christ, while entering therein can be an entirely different kettle of fish.
There are many Christians here who are good hearted, sincere, peace filled, and as a result, civil, decent, respectful, in their communication with others. We are the majority.
The minority are what give any forum where such hate filled personalities, threats, juvenile verbal assaults , and that demonstrate a penchant for acting out of spite and malice, a bad name.

Don't presume to tell someone if they don't like what you write they can put you on ignore. That shows that you have no contrition and are proud of the profile you exhibit publicly here and across the Net. It lends a bad image as to what the faith in Christ makes a person to become.

In short, when you grow in Christ you grow up. It is my hope that all who are of the personality herein described take that to heart so that one day they may change for the better.

If you don't wish to be gently chastised as God tells us to do, don't be an uncivil Christian.

That's not being addressed solely to you, but also to he whom you feel compelled to speak for as one of the worst repeat offenders, and seemingly proud of it, and all others who behave as you do.

It's a shame. Especially when Christian is attached to the name of the one who behaves in such ways. People deserve not to be abused!
You should know that but you don't. Now you do. Please pray on this. It is my hope that God makes you all to arrive at softer hearts and peace filled demeanor's.

This isn't up for debate. I will not go back and forth with you or those for whom it applies.
Grow up! God see's you.

7seasrekeyed

Francis and Friends _________________________________you___CLICK For More Articles
Jan 2012

oh that's why he flamed you

you had the nerve to tell him to use quotes when using someone else's words

we go from amazing grace to amazing anger :oops:

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
I don't know about the rest of you, but I am not sinless. I am like Paul, I constantly find myself doing the things I do not want to do. And not doing the things I want.

Rom. 7:19-21 "For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me."

Thanks be to God we have an advocate: 1 John 2:1 "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:" View attachment 206793
The Book of 1st John chapter 3:8 But the one who indulges in a sinful life is of the devil,[l] because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God was revealed was to undo and destroy the works of the devil.
9 Everyone who is truly God’s child will refuse to keep sinning[m] because God’s seed[n] remains within him, and he is unable to continue sinning because he has been fathered by God himself.[o] 10 Here is how God’s children can be clearly distinguished from the children of the Evil One.[p] Anyone who does not demonstrate righteousness[q] and show love to fellow believers is not living with God as his source.[r]

[hugs you] :)