Being Single

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Willow

Oct 10, 2021
ohio
Why not spend the time putting together a 2ndTimothyGroup?

A 2ndTimothyGroup is a set of people who "work" for the benefit of others. We bring our collective gifts, whatever they are, and use them for the benefit of those in need. Those who have money . . . they give so that the money can be given to the poor. Those who are physically capable, they mow lawns for the families that have an injured dad who cannot perform this work (paint a house, or whatever work needed to be done). For those in legal trouble, lawyers might give free advice. But here's the other cool thing: For all of the "departments" within the 2ndTimothyGroup, give those positions of title to children so that when the apply for their first job, they can say, "I was the Accountant for the 2ndTimothyGroup, a nonprofit organization in my neighborhood." Or, another child can say, "I was the President of the 2ndTimothyGroup." Another might say, "I was the Marketing Director." Another might say that they were in charge of the Sales department.

Do something useful; something beneficial for others, and when we are doing things for others, we are really doing these things for the Lord.
Well good idea. But I am in small groups. I also want to go out and enjoy nature and get exercise . Just would be nice for other Christians to want to do something besides sit at home on their days off and complain no one wants to do anything ;) .I have recently found a few willing to get out and do things. Now we just have to make plans.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Well good idea. But I am in small groups. I also want to go out and enjoy nature and get exercise . Just would be nice for other Christians to want to do something besides sit at home on their days off and complain no one wants to do anything ;) .I have recently found a few willing to get out and do things. Now we just have to make plans.
I envy you.

I am going to start church-hopping again, tomorrow. Don't want to, but my current church has no real social opportunities.

"Oh but that's not what the church is for!"

Bull. It's first purpose is to recharge believers to engage the fallen world -- this is my current understanding. However, part of that recharging is being surrounded by fellow believers in everyday activities. And, why is it wrong for me to seek out a church where I might find people to do things with, so that I could go to movies and do other things NOT alone ALL OF THE TIME?!?

Willow

Oct 10, 2021
ohio
I envy you.

I am going to start church-hopping again, tomorrow. Don't want to, but my current church has no real social opportunities.

Bull. It's first purpose is to recharge believers to engage the fallen world -- this is my current understanding. However, part of that recharging is being surrounded by fellow believers in everyday activities. And, why is it wrong for me to seek out a church where I might find people to do things with, so that I could go to movies and do other things NOT alone ALL OF THE TIME?!?
Praying you find a good christian to spend time with. I was blessed I used to work with this lady and ran into her walking and at walmart. So now we are planning on walking and hiking together.She wanted to go with me tomorrow,but is watching her grandkids. So my son and I are going to Traders World tomorrow. He is a good guy, but sometimes just want to talk to someone who wants to converse about more than video games . Gotta love him though he does try to seem interested in my gardening while I babble on about it.

TamLynn

A heart at rest
Nov 27, 2014
I envy you.

Good for you Gojira.
Finding a church where you have something in common with some of the people that attend is a great idea.
If there aren't many people you can relate to in a church, having fellowship would be a bit hard.
Praying you find a sound church that you feel welcome and at home in. 🙏🏻

Orumah

Apr 24, 2022
Good for you Gojira.
Finding a church where you have something in common with some of the people that attend is a great idea.
If there aren't many people you can relate to in a church, having fellowship would be a bit hard.

Orumah

Apr 24, 2022
Hello Lynn,I how are you doing,you looking very beautiful. I am Orumah,I admire you alot.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Good for you Gojira.
Thank you Tam.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Praying you find a good christian to spend time with. I was blessed I used to work with this lady and ran into her walking and at walmart. So now we are planning on walking and hiking together.She wanted to go with me tomorrow,but is watching her grandkids. So my son and I are going to Traders World tomorrow. He is a good guy, but sometimes just want to talk to someone who wants to converse about more than video games . Gotta love him though he does try to seem interested in my gardening while I babble on about it.
Appreciate that Willow.

Willow

Oct 10, 2021
ohio
Am I the only one who seems to have issues with finding friends to go out and have fun ? I mean many just want to get drunk if they do want to go do something. Sadly miss people who just want to go shopping and out to lunch or even just go to the movies.
Oh my goodness. It has been years since I have dated. I had a guy friend of mine interested in going on a date with me. He has always been respectable to me. So decided this may be someone I would date. Until apparently he got drunk and decided to text me. All I can say nicely he is now off my list as a potential gentleman and man of God. I was told by my sister that's what men are all like. But I refuse to think less of anyone by gender. It was God showing me the real man he was and is. I guess I will spend time with my cat tomorrow night instead. Could be worse I suppose could have to work or found out on a date with him he was a pig,sigh.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I was told by my sister that's what men are all like.
Yep. She's right. I get drunk and text women obnoxiously when under the influence. Just in the XY chromosomes I guess. This should go in that other thread, what's it like to be a man.

Willow

Oct 10, 2021
ohio
Yep. She's right. I get drunk and text women obnoxiously when under the influence. Just in the XY chromosomes I guess. This should go in that other thread, what's it like to be a man.
Well being obnoxious can be overlooked .Being perverted gets you blocked and deleted ;)

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
all men are nice until they get drunk
I dont think it the men that are the problem its when you mix them with alcohol

its the same with women - they can be even nastier than men when drunk

so, maybe, just mention you in recovery and your last man died of drunkeness....

Tee5153

May 4, 2022
I go shopping and to the movies and out to eat by myself. Never have seen a reason not to.

Why do you need other people to have fun?

Although I am reminded of an old country song where somebody is complaining that all his rowdy friends have settled down...
That's self love, but the Bible also says love your neighbor as you love yourself.

Tee5153

May 4, 2022
Am I the only one who seems to have issues with finding friends to go out and have fun ? I mean many just want to get drunk if they do want to go do something. Sadly miss people who just want to go shopping and out to lunch or even just go to the movies.
You should try me ......😂😂

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I was told by my sister that's what men are all like.
Tell your sister that I personally know many men who are NOT like that. If all the men she knows are like that, she has my sympathy and my recommendation to find some better friends.

Willow

Oct 10, 2021
ohio

so, maybe, just mention you in recovery and your last man died of drunkeness....
You should try me ......😂😂
Well I have a few now that want to do something.Now just have to set it up,amen!

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

I tend to agree with you and have abstained from alcohol since 1992.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Well I have a few now that want to do something.Now just have to set it up,amen!
just lay off the bottle is my advice

tell them alcohol isnt good for babies.