Believing in Jesus

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

It scares me one would ask this question. Because it poses the question that Jesus, like Santa, is just a fairytale :(

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Here’s your answer:

Romans 8:16
New King James Version

16 (A)The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,

E

EleventhHour

It scares me one would ask this question. Because it poses the question that Jesus, like Santa, is just a fairytale :(
I was thinking the same .. the question itself has no merit, no validity to be even postulated.

Feb 1, 2020
I would say I wouldn't fault you too much for believing in Santa Clause though because your parents probably lied to you like mine did about Santa Clause. For me it's a little different I guess cause I caught my dad really young eating the cookies and placing the presents when I was like 4 or 5 lol.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
How is believing in Jesus different from believing in Santa Clause?
Just got home and can get on my Laptop.......... (fyi....dodging stones my smartphone SN)

Checked your Profile Page...........I can not believe a Senior Member here on CC that professes to be a Christian would post such a Thread.........

Reckon you were just kicking over............

canofworms.jpg

even so...............I don't believe a Christian would

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Santa Claus keeps score on who is naughty or nice and withholds presents from the naughty kids. God does not keep score and is quick to forgive and is full of mercy and compassion. Santa is materialistic while God is not. Being nice will not get you to heaven and being naughty won't necessarily send you to hell because Jesus died for our sins. Would you rather have a bunch of presents on earth that in a few weeks end up broke or in the trash or have treasure in heaven that does not rot or get eaten by moths?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Santa is of the world. Jesus Christ is of the kingdom of God. Santa offers you one night of falsehoods, Jesus offers you eternal life with Him. Santa is a LIE to your own children, Jesus Christ is TRUTH and guidance with LOVE that endures forever to your own children.
Santa is an anagram for Satan. I learned that from a MAD magazine many years ago. Each issue had a back cover that when folded reveals the true message. In the December issue, when you folded the Santa he turned into Satan. MAD magazine is a satire based on the swanky materialistic Madison Avenue in NYC. The editors obviously believed in truth in advertising.

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
A lot like the difference between believing in air and believing in error.

Sagart

May 7, 2017
Just got home and can get on my Laptop.......... (fyi....dodging stones my smartphone SN)

Checked your Profile Page...........I can not believe a Senior Member here on CC that professes to be a Christian would post such a Thread.........

Reckon you were just kicking over............

even so...............I don't believe a Christian would

I asked, “How is believing in Jesus different from believing in Santa Clause?”

People ask questions for many different reasons. Some people ask questions simply to get information, as in, “Where is the nearest post office?” Pastors often begin a sermon by asking a question as a homiletical device to draw their congregants into the theme of their sermon. Teachers often ask their students questions to “get into their heads,” to stimulate thinking, or to stimulate a discussion on a topic. Therefore, the asking of questions does not necessarily imply ignorance on the part of the questioner.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
It is the difference in believing in truth, eternal truth, and believing in the temporary fleshly things of this world.

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
Ones real one is not.. or Jesus is truth Santa is fiction.. yet there was a man ...anyway

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
Believing in Christ is to believe in desiring things spiritual (love, truth, justice, mercy, humility, etc.), while to believe in Santa claus is to believe in desiring things carnal (money, properties, cars, boats, fine clothing, jewelry, etc.).

Chester

May 23, 2016
Lots of different views here and ideas presented: I personally think this is a vey unique and revealing question. One should always ask himself why does the person ask this question. My guess would be that the OP has something that he thinks needs to be said/learned about what believing really is. The question is an attempt by the OP to get the readers to see that understanding without being directly told.

So I am not sure what the OP really wants to say about believing: I hope he eventually comes out and says directly what he wants to say.

But here is my guess: The OP has pointed out he is not interested in the fact that the objects of believing are different: of course Jesus Christ and Santa Claus are different! but what about the "believing"? The"believing" in Santa Claus is often only a cultural acceptance of a known fairy tale (at least for adults). So the "believing" in Santa Claus is not belief that he really exists, but that the phenomenon of Santa Claus is good for the culture. Believing in Jesus Christ for some in America is the same: not a real believing that Jesus is really alive, but a believing that being a Christian is good for the family and community.

But there are those that have a different believing in Jesus: this is a believing that relies on and leans upon for everything. I do not know of anyone who has that kind of believing in Santa Claus. Though maybe a 6 year old could have this kind of "child-like" believing in Santa . . .?

Lesson: Think - Are there Christians who have a "believing" in Jesus primarily for the good that they get out of it? I will be respected and I will get to heaven - that is all good stuff - so that is why I believe in Jesus. That is a "Santa Claus" faith!