Ben Carson Wins Polk County, Iowa GOP Presidential Straw Poll by a Landslide;

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

kennethcadwell

I was waiting for the tit-for-tat to come along. Yes, Canada is quite capable of evil. Our prime minister was Bush's, and is now Obama's, cabana boy.
Plus look at how long Canada has supported gay marriage.

K

kennethcadwell

Since about 2005. Now that America is supporting it, what sayest thou?
Part of America supports it, there are still places here in America that it is not acceptable.

Aug 20, 2014
I was waiting for the tit-for-tat to come along. Yes, Canada is quite capable of evil. Our prime minister was Bush's, and is now Obama's, cabana boy.
That's OK. I was waiting for the America haters to come along first. And they did.

I think those who live in America while claiming they hate it and it's tantamount to being an icon of evil, are one of the worst enemies our nation has aligned against it.

Sure, politicians everywhere are all about power and pride. It's the nature of the beast. Every last one. But their evil, their greed, their oligarch consciousness, doesn't paint damnation on the whole body of the nation they represent. Canada isn't evil because its PM is a douche. America isn't either because our president is one too.
If we damn all nations because their leaders suck what are we saying about the people that live there and have to live with that?

Especially as Christians?

Aug 26, 2014
Part of America supports it, there are still places here in America that it is not acceptable.
All the states will fall to it. The courts will see to that. I've so far seen no one stand up against it with any real opposition in great numbers. The courts don't respect referendums on the issue, either, so that avenue is no good.

Aug 26, 2014
That's OK. I was waiting for the America haters to come along first. And they did.

I think those who live in America while claiming they hate it and it's tantamount to being an icon of evil, are one of the worst enemies our nation has aligned against it.

Sure, politicians everywhere are all about power and pride. It's the nature of the beast. Every last one. But their evil, their greed, their oligarch consciousness, doesn't paint damnation on the whole body of the nation they represent. Canada isn't evil because its PM is a douche. America isn't either because our president is one too.
If we damn all nations because their leaders suck what are we saying about the people that live there and have to live with that?

Especially as Christians?
This is typical of many Americans. Say something against any part of their empire and get branded an "America hater". If you knew me, you would know of my admiration for the Constitution of the United States. I also have a great affinity for the Founding Fathers.
You ask, "If we damn all nations because their leaders suck what are we saying about the people that live there and have to live with that?"
My answer is that the leaders only do what they can get away with (i.e. - what an apathetic electorate will allow them to). So, with that in mind, ask again what we're saying about the people who live in said nations.

K

kennethcadwell

All the states will fall to it. The courts will see to that. I've so far seen no one stand up against it with any real opposition in great numbers. The courts don't respect referendums on the issue, either, so that avenue is no good.

A lot of people in America have stopped stepping up to the government because of countless times of people speaking up against the government in protest, affidavits, petitions and came up empty handed do to a perverse government that cares about the dollars in their pockets then what the people want.

Besides that if you have seen nobody stand up against it, then you have not seen the countless protests done around America against it.

Aug 26, 2014
A lot of people in America have stopped stepping up to the government because of countless times of people speaking up against the government in protest, affidavits, petitions and came up empty handed do to a perverse government that cares about the dollars in their pockets then what the people want.

Besides that if you have seen nobody stand up against it, then you have not seen the countless protests done around America against it.
Therefore your government of the people, by the people, for the people has ceased to exist. This speaks to my point about how the government is filled with evil.
As for the countless protests against it, I guess the media has quelled coverage of those.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
How would the U.S. be in so much debt without the military-industrial complex out fighting bogeymen abroad and the CIA stirring up conflict in foreign nations?
Easy, our national defense budget is a drop in the bucket next to Entitlement Programs which are over 50% of the annual budget. In 2013 the US Govt took in $2.77 trillion, spent $3.45 trillion of which $2.34 trillion went to entitlement programs.

Since about 2005. Now that America is supporting it, what sayest thou?
Just because an extremely liberal, activist judicial system supports it and as a result has overturned numerous laws and state constitutional amendments prohibiting it does not mean that the nation as a whole (or even a large percentage of it) actually supports it.

Aug 26, 2014
Easy, our national defense budget is a drop in the bucket next to Entitlement Programs which are over 50% of the annual budget. In 2013 the US Govt took in $2.77 trillion, spent $3.45 trillion of which $2.34 trillion went to entitlement programs.

Just because an extremely liberal, activist judicial system supports it and as a result has overturned numerous laws and state constitutional amendments prohibiting it does not mean that the nation as a whole (or even a large percentage of it) actually supports it.
Entitlements are prevalent in all Western democracies. The genie is out of the bottle on that one, so good luck getting it back in.
As for the nation not supporting the direction it's going in, why does everyone keep voting the same way and expecting different results? Is that not the definition of insanity? The Republicans and Democrats are essentially alike. Just as the Conservatives and Liberals up here are alike, save for some different window dressing.

P.S. - By bringing your troops home and defending American territory, you'd be able to offset that entitlements deficit.

K

kennethcadwell

Therefore your government of the people, by the people, for the people has ceased to exist. This speaks to my point about how the government is filled with evil.
As for the countless protests against it, I guess the media has quelled coverage of those.
Of course because most of our media outlets are government funded and ran by the government.
Why do you think that they are biased, you have to watch multiple sources to get the full story.
They use the media to keep people divided. Some chose to only watch ABC, some chose to watch CBS, and others CNN. Then when you only see or watch news cast that agree with your morals and values, and leave out the others it causes dissension.

I love my country, but I am not falsely fooled to believe that our government is not corrupt.

Aug 26, 2014
Of course because most of our media outlets are government funded and ran by the government.
Why do you think that they are biased, you have to watch multiple sources to get the full story.
They use the media to keep people divided. Some chose to only watch ABC, some chose to watch CBS, and others CNN. Then when you only see or watch news cast that agree with your morals and values, and leave out the others it causes dissension.

I love my country, but I am not falsely fooled to believe that our government is not corrupt.
It's good to see someone is awake to some of what is going on. Just be vigilant when it comes to government.

Aug 20, 2014
I stopped reading as soon as you interjected "empire" and speak of Americans as typical.

I know what you write. And thus far what you write before you claim you have an affinity for America, is hardly consistent.

This is typical of many Americans. Say something against any part of their empire and get branded an "America hater". If you knew me, you would know of my admiration for the Constitution of the United States. I also have a great affinity for the Founding Fathers.
You ask, "If we damn all nations because their leaders suck what are we saying about the people that live there and have to live with that?"
My answer is that the leaders only do what they can get away with (i.e. - what an apathetic electorate will allow them to). So, with that in mind, ask again what we're saying about the people who live in said nations.

Aug 26, 2014
I stopped reading as soon as you interjected "empire" and speak of Americans as typical.

I know what you write. And thus far what you write before you claim you have an affinity for America, is hardly consistent.
The fact you would stop reading and not listen to what I have to say proves what I've been saying about "typical" Americans. Any form of dissent is not to be tolerated and, for good measure, anyone not bearing a little U.S. flag on their car is unpatriotic (since that's what defines patriotism, right?).

Aug 26, 2014
I'm sorry I ever commented on this thread, since I should have known what I would be up against. Most Americans have been raised from the cradle to worship the flag and believe that America, no matter what it does, is always blessed of God. No wonder you're in such a mess today, when even Christians play along with the game. I'm dusting my shoes of this nonsense and moving on. Get in your last words to me (even though I likely will not read them) and thrust your chests forward with pride. You've conquered the infidel and blasphemer who dare question anything American.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I'm sorry I ever commented on this thread, since I should have known what I would be up against. Most Americans have been raised from the cradle to worship the flag and believe that America, no matter what it does, is always blessed of God. No wonder you're in such a mess today, when even Christians play along with the game. I'm dusting my shoes of this nonsense and moving on. Get in your last words to me (even though I likely will not read them) and thrust your chests forward with pride. You've conquered the infidel and blasphemer who dare question anything American.
Very few Americans worship the flag and even fewer believe that America is always blessed by God. A majority of Americans could not even tell you how many stripes are on the flag let alone the number of stars. I agree with you completely that America is a mess today. This country has been in decline since prayer was removed from the schools.

One thing about America though. It is the world's only remaining superpower and if was not for this country Canada would not even exist. I feel a change in the winds and it's time for the USA to kick some....

Aug 20, 2014
The fact you would stop reading and not listen to what I have to say proves what I've been saying about "typical" Americans. Any form of dissent is not to be tolerated and, for good measure, anyone not bearing a little U.S. flag on their car is unpatriotic (since that's what defines patriotism, right?).
Do you know what's sad? You don't read yourself.

Every phrase you use intends to backhand America and the Americans you know you're speaking to. And now you're projecting.
You're having your own America bash dialog with yourself. Making accusations and then confirming your bias yourself with more pejoratives against America and Americans.
Who would ever believe you're capable of a rational discussion so as to read you in full when all you do is commit to anti-American pejoratives and cliches'.

You might want to commit to a bit of introspection and ask yourself why you hate America so much. And since it's a big country with millions of Americans within, why you presume all Americans are exactly what you think they are and that cause you to find them worthy of hate as citizens and by proxy of locale, hate as a nation. And then you get even more miffed because American's aren't going; oh heck, you're right! We suck!

Seriously. All you've done is spew pejoratives and cliches'. That's it. No rational dialog. Just attack mode.

What a shame.

Mar 1, 2012
Yeah, all leaders and politicians are evil......ok......

choose....Churchill.....or Hitler.

I know I know but to say there is no choice is the province of the illiterate ignorant irresponsible head in the sand I am too smart or holy to get involved in politics, apostates.