Best Baked Beans EVER

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

Godsgirl83

Making these today.............
my boys are drooling.................

Cooks Country Backyard Barbecue Baked Beans

½ cup
barbecue sauce

½ cup
ketchup

½ cup water

2 tablespoons
spicy brown mustard

2 tablespoons
cider vinegar

1 teaspoon
liquid smoke

1 teaspoon
granulated garlic

¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (I personally don't add this)

1 ¼ pounds bratwurst, casings removed

2 onions, chopped

2 (28-ounce) cans baked beans

2 (15-ounce) cans pinto beans, drained

2 (15-ounce) cans
cannellini beans,
drained

1 (10-ounce) can Ro-Tel Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained (I personally just use a can of plain diced tomatoes)

6 slices
thick-cut bacon,
cut into 1-inch pieces
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
Be sure to use a 13 by 9-inch metal baking pan; the volume of the beans is too great for a 13 by 9-inch ceramic baking dish, and it will overflow.

INSTRUCTIONS
1 Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk barbecue sauce, ketchup, water, mustard, vinegar, liquid smoke, granulated garlic, and cayenne together in large bowl; set aside.

2 Cook bratwurst in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, breaking up into small pieces with spoon, until fat begins to render, about 5 minutes. Stir in onions and cook until sausage and onions are well browned, about 15 minutes.

3 Transfer bratwurst mixture to bowl with sauce. Stir in baked beans, pinto beans, cannellini beans, and tomatoes. Transfer bean mixture to 13 by 9-inch baking pan and place pan on rimmed baking sheet. Arrange bacon pieces in single layer over top of beans.

4 Bake until beans are bubbling and bacon is rendered, about 1½ hours. Let cool for 15 minutes. Serve.

TO MAKE AHEAD: At end of step 3, beans can be wrapped in plastic and refrigerated for up to 24 hours. Proceed with recipe from step 4, increasing baking time to 1¾ hours.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Thank you GG!
I would be tempted to add some of those big fat butter beans as well. ( cause I likem!)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I enjoyed watching the video. The baked beans looked quite yummy.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
maybe this is the start of a new one? I made salmon patties yesterday, minced celery and onion, egg and mayo to bind, added some Emeril LaGasse Salmon seasoning, just wiped out the last one.
blessings

G

Godsgirl83

I REALLY need to eat before logging onto CC :LOL:
this is the 3rd or 4th food conversation I've had this morning and now I am STARVING.........

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
My grandson fasts pretty much all day and eats all his calories between 4 and 6 or so, I do lose some weight when I stop at an apple or two during the day, plus the morning coffee.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Heard it said the body can't tell if it is food or water, so drinking a lot of water can be a blessing, i've had my vitamins, coffee and wiped out the salmon patties.
ever use coconut oil for frying?

G

Godsgirl83

I bought a big ol jar of coconut oil at Sam's Club, but have yet to open it.........
guess I need to look up how to swap it in recipes before doing so.
I keep reading that you can swap it for oils and butter in recipes, but I don't know if its ratio is to swap for example half cup for half cup or if it has to be adjusted.

G

Godsgirl83

I bought a big ol jar of coconut oil at Sam's Club, but have yet to open it.........
I keep reading that you can swap it for oils and butter in recipes, but I don't know if its ratio is to swap for example half cup for half cup or if it has to be adjusted.
just found out it can swap 1:1

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
I have a local Amish community where they pack bulk items into consumer friendly portions, it is the best price I have seen. Just looked, $1.40 per lb.

G

Godsgirl83

No fair,
Now I want baked beans.
they are really simple to make......
and can be cut down
I did try reducing the amount one night b/c I didn't want a bunch of leftovers.
For the beans I just used one can of each and kept the rest the same (makes it a little extra saucy, but I didn't feel like doing the math to cut back on sauce ingredients that night)

up

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
when, do i look for my invite in mail to have dinner/BBQ/movie😁😊

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
Maybe think about using some of that coconut oil to dry off after a shower. Smooth it all over your wet body. The water carries the oil and holds it so it soaks into the skin. Talk about making your skin supple and healthy. Wonderful stuff.

G

Godsgirl83

Maybe think about using some of that coconut oil to dry off after a shower. Smooth it all over your wet body. The water carries the oil and holds it so it soaks into the skin. Talk about making your skin supple and healthy. Wonderful stuff.
so will that help it not have such an oily after feel. I mean putting it on dry skin in the middle of the day takes FOREVER to soak in, or put old shirt and sleep pants on to keep it from getting every where. Does applying with water after shower help it soak in better/faster? MAN what a difference my skin is after using it instead of lotion.
Good for taking the itch outta bug bits too, (or so my kids are saying).
This has really become my new fave go to for just about everything.

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
so will that help it not have such an oily after feel. I mean putting it on dry skin in the middle of the day takes FOREVER to soak in, or put old shirt and sleep pants on to keep it from getting every where. Does applying with water after shower help it soak in better/faster? MAN what a difference my skin is after using it instead of lotion.
Good for taking the itch outta bug bits too, (or so my kids are saying).
This has really become my new fave go to for just about everything.
My experience has two different feelings as far as the coconut oil soaking in. If I put it on dry skin it does just lay there on the surface. But if I put it on wet skin right out of the shower, it soaks in as the water dries. If I don't have time for that I gently pat the surface of my skin so that the oil absorbs faster.
I've never tried it for the itch from bug bites. I'll remember that next mosquito encounter and see if it works. No reason for a mosquito or a tick to exist. :(