Best christian movie?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Nataly15

Apr 15, 2019
Hello i want to know your opinion about best christian movie :) What do you think?

T

TheIndianGirl

The King of Kings
Ben-Hur (1959)
The Ten Commandments
The Bible and A.D. miniseries by Roma Downey
The Passion
The Letters (movie about Mother Theresa)
The Young Messiah

I find most low-budget Christian movies hard to watch. Usually I find the that the plot and characters are not well developed, and they "try too hard" if you know what I mean. I liked God's Not Dead. I just watched War Room which has high reviews, which I thought was okay. Usually I find the low budget movies too "preachy" and not moving. I prefer time-period movies about Jesus himself.

Going_Nowhere

Nov 10, 2019
I also thought Exodus: Gods And Kings was pretty good when I saw it in theaters.

Going_Nowhere

Nov 10, 2019
And The Prince Of Egypt. I particularly loved this scene from the film.

M

morefaithrequired

Myshkin in Dostoyevsky's The Idiot is a Christ figure. you can see subtitled movie on youtube.

KhedetOrthos

Dec 13, 2019
A cautionary word, “The Last Temptation of Christ” is in no way a Christian film. At the time it was released, it stirred up a lot of controversy as its plot “depicts the crucified Jesus—tempted by what turns out to be Satan in the form of a beautiful child—experiencing a dream or alternate reality where he comes down from the cross, marries Mary Magdalene(and later Mary and Martha), and lives out his life as a full mortal man. He learns on his deathbed that he was deceived by Satan and begs God to let him "be [God's] son," at which point he finds himself once again on the cross. At other points in the film, Jesus is depicted as building crosses for the Romans, being tormented by the voice of God, and lamenting the many sins he believes he has committed.”

Although I am not a Roman Catholic, “Mother Angelica, a Catholic nun and founder of Eternal Word Television Network, described Last Temptation as "the most blasphemous ridicule of the Eucharist that's ever been perpetrated in this world" and "a holocaust movie that has the power to destroy souls eternally." In some countries, including Greece, Turkey, Mexico, Chile, and Argentina, the film was banned or censored for several years. As of July 2010, the film continues to be banned in Chile, the Philippines and Singapore.”

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Well there is a movie i watched and it was not about Christ directly but it was symbolic of the Christian struggle in an evil world and eventual salvation and freedom.. But there are a few topics in the movie that i would not recommend for kids to watch.. The Movie is shawshank redemption.. A movie about a guy sent to prison for the murder of his wife.. He never actually committed the crime but that's not the most important part of the movie..

Also the last temptation of Christ has been recommended in an earlier post.. I would strongly advise against watching this anti-christ movie.. It is a mocking portrayal of Jesus.. Very offensive to Christians..

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
I want to also add, The Shack, as an excellent Christian movie. But bring lots of tissues , you'll need them. And I love movies with a twist that I didn't foresee. This movie has that big time.

Jo2016

Jun 4, 2019
I don't remember name of movie but movie talk about Saint Peter life in Rome

Dec 13, 2019
I quite like the Jim Carrey version of A CHRISTMAS CAROL (2009).
From a philosophical standpoint, THE MATRIX (1999) is a must. This illustrates well the understanding that many of us won't question our version of reality, but that once we do, the light comes on. Some will run from it, some will run to it. The truth sets us free. It's a bit like Plato's Cave in Republic. These are good ways to invite people to consider or reconsider Jesus Christ, who is The Truth.