A
Amazing-Grace
Guest
Wow just wow! Isn't it amazing when you step into a church in the heart of a huge bustling city and a serene peace surrounds you - I love that about city churches.When you find those really serene places in nature
Like when a friend and I found a stream and a small forest with a nice path smack in the middle of Edinburgh.
or when we went to Ninian's cave and walked through a very bright forest with plenty of bluebells and wild garlic.
... and then there's that feeling you get in some churches (sadly not all). That peaceful yet strong, almost overpowering feeling of God's presence. We stopped by a church somewhere remotely somewhere in the UK, I can't even remember where. My friend was taking pictures of the outside, and I noticed the door was open, so I went inside. I barely got form the entrance (side wall) to the nave before I was so overwhelmed I had to kneel down.