Best man in a gay wedding

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
I never disagree that same sex relationship is abomination to God.

but remember that God judges you justly through your heart.

you can go to the gay wedding if your heart says that it is abomination and the reason you attended it is because you received 1000 to 10 000 US dollars because I am desperate to earn money to feed my family.

and it is not a crime so you are not violating Apostle Peter's commandment to follow all ordinances of men.
Well, that's your choice whether or not to be apart of it. But by being the best man you are approving and condoning the union of two men, of this there is not doubt. By being best man, you are wishing them well, a practice that the Lord hates! But at least you were informed about this using scripture to back it up, therefore you will be held responsible for your decision.

So, would you also turn away from God and compromise His word for the right price on other issues? Using that same reasoning, would you receive the mark of the beast saying to God, "I need to feed my family and pay my bills?"

Our faith requires us to be prepared to be persecuted and even put to death for the testimony of Jesus and the word of God.

Alertandawake

Aug 20, 2017
Well, that's your choice whether or not to be apart of it. But by being the best man you are approving and condoning the union of two men, of this there is not doubt. By being best man, you are wishing them well, a practice that the Lord hates! But at least you were informed about this using scripture to back it up, therefore you will be held responsible for your decision.
Ahwatukee here said it all.

I think this generation is where things are going to get really hard for many people. By agreeing to be best man, and attending such a event, you will be celebrating an event that is considered a detestation. What is at least equally as bad, or perhaps even worse, is when the priest is conducting the ceremony, as the priest knows that the act is a detestation (well you would expect a priest to know that such a act is) and yet fully approves of such a union?

I will be blunt here, encouraging and supporting a lifestyle that is considered a detestation/abomination by The Most High is not showing love. If you go end up going to the ceremony and being best man, your actions alone are saying the union is acceptable, when in reality, it is not. Think carefully on the decision you make.

I want to point out an example, some time ago, I was watching on Youtube about this son that put his parents on the spot. Now this son was homosexual. This son wanted his parents to be at his wedding and support his decision. The parents were very strong in their beliefs and they refused to compromise on the issue. In the end, this son gave their parents an ultimatum, support the son's lifestyle or stick to their beliefs. The parents did not compromise. This is the kind of mindset we need to have in these dangerous days, and it is not easy.

So, would you also turn away from God and compromise His word for the right price on other issues? Using that same reasoning, would you receive the mark of the beast saying to God, "I need to feed my family and pay my bills?"
Well put Ahwatukee. You hit the nail on the head with that one. Because this is what people are going to be faced with if they don't start waking up and seeing the truth. There is still time, and in my opinion I think we are on borrowed time, but eventually time will run out.

Our faith requires us to be prepared to be persecuted and even put to death for the testimony of Jesus and the word of God.
Add persecution can take on many forms. Loss of friends, loss of family, can be varied.

Jul 10, 2018
I don't think it's a good idea, the Bible says not to eat or commune with them.

1 Corinthians 5:11 (MEV)

"But I have written to you not to keep company with any man who is called a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner. Do not even eat with such a person."

T

theanointedsinner

13 Go in through the narrow gate, for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many there are
who go in through it.

14 Because narrow is the gate and constricted is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruits, nor can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that does not bring forth good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
Matthew 7:

as I see this poster, welcome to Blasphemy Central

CherieR

May 6, 2017
I am not so sure. I am thinking maybe not, but it may just be one of those gray areas where you have to decide for yourself if you feel right and comfortable about participating in that way or not.

Nakiaa12

Aug 27, 2018
"Love is Love" is a worldly viewpoint Olivia. According to the word of God, "He made them male and female and for this reason a man is to leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife and the two shall become one flesh."

God did not make men for men, nor women for women. When you support and condone such things you are just as guilty and will be held accountable unless you repent, because it is sin. When God created the angels, He made no mistakes, yet Satan in his pride because of his beauty sought to be like the most high God and thereby sinned. When God made mankind they were perfect, until they disobeyed by listening to Satan and through that one man sin entered into the world, for all have sinned.

Your view is definitely not from the Holy Spirit.
Hello brother in Christ, I read all your responses to what the other people replied to your Question. What i got from this is that you do know what the answer is. WHy do people go to weddings? You go to congratulate the person and to celebrate with them. Its time for Christians to stand firm on what the word says. Tell your friend you can't go because it would be you sinning. Also if they know your a Christian yet asked you to be best man, I feel like they don't take your relationship with God seriously.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
But gays getting married is a celebration of their sexual actions.. it is a celebration of what God declares to be an abomination.. This is a clear act of Willful Sin.. It is an in your face,, proud defiance,, of the will of God.. Those who celebrate willful sin and persist in their rebellion unto death will not be covered by the Mercy of the Atonement of the Lord Jesus Christ..
Hi Adstar,

I'm not sure I agree with you here.

Homosexuals getting married as a celebration of their sexual actions?
My guess is for the majority, they get married because they love their partner.
Why get married to celebrate sexual actions?

Are heterosexuals who live together and sleep together before marriage who then get married are they doing so to celebrate their sexual actions?

If not why the difference?

With regards to a clear act of willful sin and face palming God.
If the homosexuals who get married do not believe in God then they do not consider it a sin therefore they can't be face palming God that they do not believe in.

Regarding this point I would actually say that professing Christians who are homosexuals and get married are face palming God but do not realise they are.
They quote scripture etc that they feel validates same sex marriage.

Is same sex marriage acceptable?

Yes it is because country's that allow it make it acceptable.

Alas according to the law of the land we have to accept it even though we know it's wrong.

Romans 13:1-3

Submit to Government
1 Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same.

13:1 God, the supreme Sovereign, has ordained (see v. 2) that there should be governing authorities. Every believer is to be subject to these various authorities, even if these authorities are as evil as Nero (A.D. 54–68), the emperor of Rome who cruelly persecuted Christians. When Paul wrote this letter, Nero was in power. Yet Paul exhorted the Roman believers to submit to Nero’s authority, because that authority was ordained by God Himself.
13:2 Judgment does not necessarily include eternal punishment. God may judge people through the human authorities He appoints.

In Roman times homosexualty and pedofilia (ref as soft boys) was rife but was acceptable under the law of the land.

I'm not advocating same sex marriage here, and not addressing the OP.
I'm just responding to your thoughts with mine.
It's not an attack at you.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
Am I sinning if I allowed myself to be the best man in a gay wedding even I myself do not believe that both sexes should have romantic relationships?

Just for the sake for good camaraderie for my homosexual friend.
You haven't said if you are a good friend of either party.
Or whether they are Christian.

I can only assume you are.

If I was in your shoes would I do it?

I would have to say no.

If I did I would feel in endorsing it, and that I could not do.

Would I stop being a friend.?

I don't think I would.

The thing is, let's assume that one refuses to be the best man but remain friends.
Then the said couple after being married then invite you out for a meal, do we refuse that as well?

If we refuse the wedding then should we not refuse the meal or catching up?

I'm not sure.

What about you? And others?

Alertandawake

Aug 20, 2017
Nations that want to make same sex marriage legal, that is up to the law makers. The everyday citizens cannot really do much to stop that, but each individual can refuse to take part in such celebrations.

It is worth mentioning that I at some point came across a article that reference to some jewish writings, (I think it is the Talmud), the only time when same sex marriage was made legal was during the days of Noah, before the flood. This is something I cannot confirm but only go by what I read.

Hi Adstar,

Alas according to the law of the land we have to accept it even though we know it's wrong.

So when the mark of the beast become enforceable and mandated, are you going to accept it because it is the law of the land? Because this line of reasoning can set people up to accept the mark of the beast.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
So when the mark of the beast become enforceable and mandated, are you going to accept it because it is the law of the land? Because this line of reasoning can set people up to accept the mark of the beast.
As I said below in my next post

I would have to say no.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Hi Adstar,

My guess is for the majority, they get married because they love their partner.
Why get married to celebrate sexual actions?
The origin of Marriage is a ceremonial religious occasion that was designed to facilitate life long partnerships between men and woman for the establishment of families.. Two men or two woman getting married is a mockery of what God designed marriage to be for.. So it is a public act of open defiance of the will of God, a celebration of abomination..

Are heterosexuals who live together and sleep together before marriage who then get married are they doing so to celebrate their sexual actions?

If not why the difference?
Heterosexuals engaging in pre-marital sex are sinning against the will of God.. it is called fornication.. They must avail themselves of the atonement of the LORD Jesus Christ to have that sin forgiven.. Men and woman getting married is a good thing that brings that sin to an end and ideally brings about a life time partnership that hopefully leads to a family..

With regards to a clear act of willful sin and face palming God.
If the homosexuals who get married do not believe in God then they do not consider it a sin therefore they can't be face palming God that they do not believe in.
Who cares if they believe or disbelieve in God.. Their sin is still sin willful or not.. Both are an abomination to God.. Your point is in practice and eternal outcome irrelevant..

Romans 13:1-3

Submit to Government
1 Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same.

13:1 God, the supreme Sovereign, has ordained (see v. 2) that there should be governing authorities. Every believer is to be subject to these various authorities, even if these authorities are as evil as Nero (A.D. 54–68), the emperor of Rome who cruelly persecuted Christians. When Paul wrote this letter, Nero was in power. Yet Paul exhorted the Roman believers to submit to Nero’s authority, because that authority was ordained by God Himself.
13:2 Judgment does not necessarily include eternal punishment. God may judge people through the human authorities He appoints.

In Roman times homosexuality and pedofilia (ref as soft boys) was rife but was acceptable under the law of the land.
I absolutely disagree..

Using these scriptures in an attempt the justify and honor sodomy is the ultimate in willful sin... Following the will of the worldly authorities only goes up to the point of not transgressing the will of God.. Using the above scriptures to justify sodomy would be the same as using it to tell people to worship the image of the beast and take the mark of the beast, because in the end time the anti-christ and the false prophet will be worldly authorities..

So i will submit to the laws of my worldly authority only when they do not cause me to sin against the will of God and i will never seek to overthrow that wordily authority if they choose to persecute me for not sinning against the will of God..

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
Using these scriptures in an attempt the justify and honor sodomy is the ultimate in willful sin..
Just for the record I do not endorse sodomy, or same sex marriage or any practice that is contrary to way that God expects us to live.

If that is what you are suggesting then you have totally missed my point and have not read my second post on this.

If that is what you are suggesting and it seems you are then you are out of order.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Just for the record I do not endorse sodomy, or same sex marriage or any practice that is contrary to way that God expects us to live.

If that is what you are suggesting then you have totally missed my point and have not read my second post on this.

If that is what you are suggesting and it seems you are then you are out of order.
My reactions are to the arguments you put forward.. Now if you where only putting forward those arguments to play devils advocate then so be it.. God knows your beliefs and motivations and why you post as you post..

Now your post leads me to a question.. If you are totally against sodomy then why did you post the scriptures about following the laws of the worldly authorities? And use those scriptures as a justification for homosexual marriage? Why attempt to make arguments for homosexual marriage if you are against homosexual marriage?

What was your intent?

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
My reactions are to the arguments you put forward.. Now if you where only putting forward those arguments to play devils advocate then so be it.. God knows your beliefs and motivations and why you post as you post..

Now your post leads me to a question.. If you are totally against sodomy then why did you post the scriptures about following the laws of the worldly authorities? And use those scriptures as a justification for homosexual marriage? Why attempt to make arguments for homosexual marriage if you are against homosexual marriage?

What was your intent?
That was not my intent and I have obviously not expressed myself that well.

When I say homosexual marriage is acceptable I am referring to the law of land that has been passed by the authorities.
It is not acceptable to God, nor should it be to us. But as far as the laws of the land goes they deem it acceptable.
That is why same sex marriage is allowed.

That is why I posted

In Roman times homosexuality and pedofilia (ref as soft boys) was rife but was acceptable under the law of the land
Alas according to the law of the land we have to accept it even though we know it's wrong
In the eyes of God that does not make it acceptable but the law of the land does.
We have a right to reject and disagree and that we should.
Please quote any post that I have made to argue for homosexual marriage or have used scripture to justify it.

As I said to the OP

I would have to say no.

What I saw and was trying to say as per below.

But gays getting married is a celebration of their sexual actions.. it is a celebration of what God declares to be an abomination
I read that as you saying they are only getting married because they are having sex and can do so (as it is not illegal) and as a result they are facepalming God and knowingly do so.

That was what led to me post about maybe they are getting married because they love each other, how can they defiantly facepalm a God they do not believe in and so on.

Bill

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
That was not my intent and I have obviously not expressed myself that well.

When I say homosexual marriage is acceptable I am referring to the law of land that has been passed by the authorities.
It is not acceptable to God, nor should it be to us. But as far as the laws of the land goes they deem it acceptable.
That is why same sex marriage is allowed.

That is why I posted

In the eyes of God that does not make it acceptable but the law of the land does.
We have a right to reject and disagree and that we should.
Please quote any post that I have made to argue for homosexual marriage or have used scripture to justify it.

As I said to the OP
Thank you for your reply..