Beware of dialoguing with Satan.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Derek1955

Jul 2, 2020
Trying to describe one's relationship with God to a disinterested atheist can best be explained in purely human terms. Suppose I was to describe the excellent qualities of a friend of mine, first to another friend who listened to the salient points and then to someone who just loved to argue every point I made. The first, who listened patiently, would then eventually decide on the truth or otherwise of my account after listening interestedly to what I had to say and then leave the final acceptance or otherwise until after meeting him. The second person would either be totally disinterested or cynically and vehemently determined to err on the side of dislike from the word go.

So beware of dialoguing with Satan for he is a wily adversary and by engaging with his blandishments and conceivably sharing at least some them I would fail in my witness and become just a talker and an arguer about truth.

We can broadcast the seed but only God can make it grow.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Although one could replace the word atheist with Christian and get the same results about being patient and listening, or not being patient or listening. To paint this as an athiest issue is dishonest as people of all religions are guilty of this.

Sipsey

Sep 27, 2018
Although one could replace the word atheist with Christian and get the same results about being patient and listening, or not being patient or listening. To paint this as an athiest issue is dishonest as people of all religions are guilty of this.
Could you please clarify a point for me? Your registered bio states you identify as Christian, yet in a post you stated you were not.

Derek1955

Jul 2, 2020
Trying to describe one's relationship with God to a disinterested atheist can best be explained in purely human terms. Suppose I was to describe the excellent qualities of a friend of mine, first to another friend who listened to the salient points and then to someone who just loved to argue every point I made. The first, who listened patiently, would then eventually decide on the truth or otherwise of my account after listening interestedly to what I had to say and then leave the final acceptance or otherwise until after meeting him. The second person would either be totally disinterested or cynically and vehemently determined to err on the side of dislike from the word go.

So beware of dialoguing with Satan for he is a wily adversary and by engaging with his blandishments and conceivably sharing at least some them I would fail in my witness and become just a talker and an arguer about truth.

We are now entering the field of semantics. Nevertheless, I used the term disinterested atheist as I assumed that when discussing a subject with a Christian or a member of any theist belief I would not be dialoguing with Satan. However, I'm open to any new possibility.

Mar 4, 2020

Speaking from first hand experience as someone who did not grow up in the church or a Christian family, it requires the individual to be ready to hear the gospel. Approaching a staunch atheist with the gospel will predictably end in disagreement and most likely will not be fruitful, not at first. At first it will usually, without exception, result in arguing. Though over time people can change their mind as new facts and experiences become available.

You hit the nail on the head when you said we can broadcast the seed, but only God can make it grow and sometimes the seed is not made to grow. Just a reality to be aware of.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
You hit the nail on the head when you said we can broadcast the seed, but only God can make it grow and sometimes the seed is not made to grow. Just a reality to be aware of.
... and this brings to my mind... that "convos" can either be "one on one" (with only the other person being present with you), OR can be (as in a setting such as this Discussion Board) a setting in which there may be THOUSANDS of "onlookers" viewing the convo (from afar, so to speak), and in such a case, the seed is flung far and wide and, who knows, there might be one or two that take root out there (that we'd never be aware of... until we meet in Heaven ;) )... Just a thought about the setting of such "convos" (meaning, one is not merely "talking" with ONE other person, here/in such settings)

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Could you please clarify a point for me? Your registered bio states you identify as Christian, yet in a post you stated you were not.
I was not aware it stated I was a Christian. I will have to change that. I am not.

Jul 6, 2020

There is a third option.
Someone who truly knows you through and through.
Knows who and what you are.

Based on his knowing you he can simply accept the word of your testimony as true with no reason to think otherwise until one is encountered.

I think this is how real men operate.
If they know you, they know if you are to be believed or not.
If they don't know you they may hear you out or they may be of the quality to only be interested i their own interests.

Derek1955

Jul 2, 2020
Speaking from first hand experience as someone who did not grow up in the church or a Christian family, it requires the individual to be ready to hear the gospel. Approaching a staunch atheist with the gospel will predictably end in disagreement and most likely will not be fruitful, not at first. At first it will usually, without exception, result in arguing. Though over time people can change their mind as new facts and experiences become available.

As the parable of the sower pointed out.

Dec 9, 2011
I was not aware it stated I was a Christian. I will have to change that. I am not.
May I ask why not? Many of us assumed you were. I guess we know what that makes us.
Yes we are Christians,I wonder what Influenced him to register and all and start posting on a Christian site?

Dec 9, 2011
CHRIST followers represent the WORD of GOD but atheist represent themselves or the flesh.Its foolishness to them to believe In something If they can’t see It,touch It,taste It smell It or feel It.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
CHRIST followers represent the WORD of GOD but atheist represent themselves or the flesh.Its foolishness to them to believe In something If they can’t see It,touch It,taste It smell It or feel It.
Not really the point though.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
We are now entering the field of semantics. Nevertheless, I used the term disinterested atheist as I assumed that when discussing a subject with a Christian or a member of any theist belief I would not be dialoguing with Satan. However, I'm open to any new possibility.
By semantics you mean facts? On this site there is a never ending series of debates, Between Christians, about theological differences. The same people arguing the same points for years and years, because neither are willing to budge. That is not semantics. And that is not even a differences of religions. That is within the Same Religion. But you want to label it "semantics" to say "this behavior isn't specific to one group". Despite the Fact that this site gets its largest traffic from people exaxtly like that.
To dismiss the truth that the behavior of many Christians on this site alone is no different than those you criticize by calling it semantics reveals a huge degree of hypocrisy in your thought process.

Derek1955

Jul 2, 2020
By semantics you mean facts? On this site there is a never ending series of debates, Between Christians, about theological differences. The same people arguing the same points for years and years, because neither are willing to budge. That is not semantics. And that is not even a differences of religions. That is within the Same Religion. But you want to label it "semantics" to say "this behavior isn't specific to one group". Despite the Fact that this site gets its largest traffic from people exaxtly like that.
To dismiss the truth that the behavior of many Christians on this site alone is no different than those you criticize by calling it semantics reveals a huge degree of hypocrisy in your thought process.
By semantics I mean the branch of linguistics that deals with the study of meaning, changes in meaning, and the principles that govern the relationship between sentences or words and their meanings and I had hoped that the meaning of my post was sufficiently clear so as to not engage in 'semantics' which usually means words being sent out to do battle with words until all real meaning is lost and the end result is obfuscation which I had hope to avoid.

Mezame83

Mar 18, 2019
What IS the point of a non Christian joining a Christian site?
Perhaps God is doing something in the midst of it. I think Christians should just focus on loving others by making them feel welcome and not shutting down everything they say just because they're not a Christian. How can someone come to be a Christian if Christians don't bother giving them the time of day?

If the non Christian isn't coming on the site and spreading some other religion, then I personally don't see why they shouldn't be on the site.
This site can be utilised to meet people of all walks of life and discuss biblical things with them, the issue is not everyone is willing to interact with a non Christian in the spirit of humility and love. A most sad thought indeed.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
This is an open forum to all interested in discussing the Word. Any who are curious have the complete right, no, need, to be here to hear what the brethren have to say. This would encompass the visitor being respectful of the forum being a guest.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
By semantics I mean the branch of linguistics that deals with the study of meaning, changes in meaning, and the principles that govern the relationship between sentences or words and their meanings and I had hoped that the meaning of my post was sufficiently clear so as to not engage in 'semantics' which usually means words being sent out to do battle with words until all real meaning is lost and the end result is obfuscation which I had hope to avoid.
I suppose we could consider you a "disinterested Christian" then.