Beware of dialoguing with Satan.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 9, 2011
@oyster67

I actually started this site as a Christian many years ago. My exact beliefs would fall outside of acceptable Christian beliefs, yet in my own view are loosely Christian oriented.
Fair enough.This IS a chat site and as long as guidelines are adhered to All are welcome to post.

Sipsey

Sep 27, 2018
I was not aware it stated I was a Christian. I will have to change that. I am not.
@oyster67

I actually started this site as a Christian many years ago. My exact beliefs would fall outside of acceptable Christian beliefs, yet in my own view are loosely Christian oriented.
My question to you concerning your beliefs was not to demean you in any way. Knowing whether one identifies as a Christian or not is important to me as to how I reply to an individual.

Some accept the reality of the God of Scripture rather easy, others, not so much. Our personality, culture and family can all affect our openness to a creator. Our human nature tends to complicate what God offers in simplicity.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Trying to describe one's relationship with God to a disinterested atheist can best be explained in purely human terms. Suppose I was to describe the excellent qualities of a friend of mine, first to another friend who listened to the salient points and then to someone who just loved to argue every point I made. The first, who listened patiently, would then eventually decide on the truth or otherwise of my account after listening interestedly to what I had to say and then leave the final acceptance or otherwise until after meeting him. The second person would either be totally disinterested or cynically and vehemently determined to err on the side of dislike from the word go.

So beware of dialoguing with Satan for he is a wily adversary and by engaging with his blandishments and conceivably sharing at least some them I would fail in my witness and become just a talker and an arguer about truth.

We can broadcast the seed but only God can make it grow.
well from what I know of seeds they aint gonna grow if you dont give them any water.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Fair enough.This IS a chat site and as long as guidelines are adhered to All are welcome to post.
I've been an active member since 2011. And here as a non-Christian for 2 years. I'm well aware of the guidelines and who is allowed to post here. I've not been banned so clearly I have a handle on the goings on here.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
You wrote a very insightful OP that merits serious consideration.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
You're asking me "why not lie just to fit in?". If I understand correctly.
Lying would be misleading and possibly sinful. Since you have grasped that you might have a tad of Christian in you. My spiritual counsel is to leave it as is.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
I was not aware it stated I was a Christian. I will have to change that. I am not.
I actually started this site as a Christian many years ago.
I came to this site many years ago also. I was not aware that you denied the Faith. What does that make me? It makes me feel a little bit duped and humiliated and taken advantage of. I love you, but trust is not something that can easily be pulled out of a hat.

Hebrews
10:23 Let us hold fast the profession of [our] faith without wavering; (for he [is] faithful that promised;)
10:24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:
10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some [is]; but exhorting [one another]: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

oyster67

May 24, 2014
@oyster67

Christianity is about having a personal relationship with Jesus. Either you have it, or you don't. This is a very serious matter. If I love you, I must warn you. It is my Christian duty.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Lying would be misleading and possibly sinful. Since you have grasped that you might have a tad of Christian in you. My spiritual counsel is to leave it as is.
I didn't expect you wanted me to lie, but I was confused. I understand now. It doesn't seem that title would go over well on this site in regards to my views. It's simply easier and more fitting to state I'm not.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
I came to this site many years ago also. I was not aware that you denied the Faith. What does that make me? It makes me feel a little bit duped and humiliated and taken advantage of. I love you, but trust is not something that can easily be pulled out of a hat.

Hebrews
10:23 Let us hold fast the profession of [our] faith without wavering; (for he [is] faithful that promised;)
10:24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:
10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some [is]; but exhorting [one another]: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
Well i have stated numerous times on the site where I stand. So it is not exactly a deception so much as you have missed all the times I have stated it clearly. This is not my fault or breaking any sort of trust.
Though since we don't talk i had not expected I had any trust from you, either.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Trying to describe one's relationship with God to a disinterested atheist can best be explained in purely human terms.
And that would be dialoguing with Satan -- explained in purely human terms.

Whether a person is a disinterested atheist or not, Christians are to share the Gospel, which cannot be explained in purely human terms. It can only be PROCLAIMED.

Preach the Word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. (2 Tim 4:2)

"Preach" means proclaim. It is a translation of the Greek word kerux, from which kerusso is derived.

Prycejosh1987

Jul 19, 2020
So beware of dialoguing with Satan for he is a wily adversary and by engaging with his blandishments and conceivably sharing at least some them I would fail in my witness and become just a talker and an arguer about truth.
This is an understatement to say the least, remember that Jesus said that we should not cast pearls before swine. That has different contexts and can relate to hard hearted people aswell. It doesnt just mean only when we evangelise someone.