Bible Myths

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

BibleEd

So your point is that there are myths people make up about the bible that there is no scriptural evidence to back it up? I agree that many of the churches teach false doctrines that in fact the bible does not teach. One major one being the trinity where the father the son and the holy sprit are one person. While the bible teaches in Psalms 83:18 that people may know you whose name is the Lord you ALONE are the most high over all the earth" also Jesus speaking about that his father being greater than he is in John 14:28 "
YOU heard that I said to YOU, I am going away and I am coming [back] to YOU. If YOU loved me, YOU would rejoice that I am going my way to the Father, because the Father is greater+ than I am."

J

jerusalem

so many myth understandings.........pun intended......i knew about the carob thing since john the baptist was shown to be an essene based on information found in the dead sea scrolls but the rib was from the root pleroma i heard which roughly translates rainbow and implies the essence of the created being i e what we would understand as dna today there are so many myths incorporated into the christian faith that its amazing that the true faith has survived at all. if it hadn't been for our God preserving the truth for us through time it would have been lost in fairy tales and fables long ago. that isn't the only source of misunderstanding however, not by a long shot.

May 15, 2013
so many myth understandings.........pun intended......i knew about the carob thing since john the baptist was shown to be an essene based on information found in the dead sea scrolls but the rib was from the root pleroma i heard which roughly translates rainbow and implies the essence of the created being i e what we would understand as dna today there are so many myths incorporated into the christian faith that its amazing that the true faith has survived at all. if it hadn't been for our God preserving the truth for us through time it would have been lost in fairy tales and fables long ago. that isn't the only source of misunderstanding however, not by a long shot.
The Christians of today doesn't want to grow up, they want things to stay the same; but if they remain the same they will not be able to grow. They'll stay in one place and rot by not gaining any knowledge that help us move even closer to God; but instead they creates myth or passing them down from generations to generations as if they are doing something, but not seeking beyond.

Hebrews 6:1Therefore let us move beyond the elementary teachings about Christ and be taken forward to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death, and of faith in God,