Bible Question Adam and Eve The tree of knowledge?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
"Yom" can refer to a variety of time periods ranging from “forever” (Ps 23:6), “age” (Gen 18:11), “years” (I Kings 1:1), “always” (Deut 5:29), & “season” (Jos 24:7)
Quickly, Psalm 23:6's "forever" is a translation of אֹרֶךְorek]. It's this phrase, "Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life", where "yom" in used in Psalm 23:6.

It's late, so I'll need to consider the rest tomorrow afternoon (though time will be limited then too because I have my small group tomorrow night). If not, I'll get back to you about all of this on Monday (Dv).

~Deut

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017
Ok Deut,
Ps 23:6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.
(NOTE: All the days of his eternal life/forever)

Small groups are the best way for intimate fellowship. Have a great night & enjoy tomorrow. FD

KelbyofGod

Oct 8, 2017
1st: Their spiritual death was immediate. Gen 3:8 They hid themselves (from daily fellowship) from the Lord

2ndly: Adam did IN FACT die """in the day""" he ate the fruit

Genesis 2:
16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:

17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for """in the day""" that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
("""IN THE DAY""" you eat from the tree of knowledge of good & evil, you will die)

Scripture's teach:

Psalm 90:4 For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.
(NOTE: In Gods sight a day 1000 years is like yesterday = 1 day)

2 Peter 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
(NOTE: With the Lord, 1 day is like 1000 years)

Genesis 5:5 And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died. (Adam died 930 yrs old)

According to scripture: Even though Adam lived to be 930 years old. He did in fact die """IN THE DAY""" he ate the fruit.
Methuselah, the oldest recorded human lived to be 969.

Genesis 5:27 And all the days of Methuselah were nine hundred sixty and nine years: and he died.

Final thought:
The Day of the Lord in Joel 2:31 & Acts 2:20. Won't be 24 hrs either. It will cover 1000 years.
FlyingDove,

I much like your explanation of how (in my words) God's day is not measured by man's clock.

Love in Jesus,
Kelby

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
I also read the story about life of Adam and Eve right now. It explained clearly why did Satan made God angry. Satan was supposed to worship Adam. However Satan refused which we was cast down on the earth.
This belief is included in Islam. Also in an Apocryphal book about them

Sipsey

Sep 27, 2018
Sometimes (Often, not always) going to the Hebrew or Greek words that are translated will give some illumination on the text being studied. Years back my teacher translated the Hebrew here about death;
Dying You shall die
‘The Hebrew in Genesis 2:17 is “die die” (muwth–muwth), which is often translated as “surely die” or literally as “dying you shall die,” which indicates the beginning of dying—

I have understood it to read as instant separation from fellowship (spiritual death) which would lead eventually to an end of their lives (physical death)

Sipsey

Sep 27, 2018
I believe this verse about death is fundamental to our understanding of what Jesus explained to Nicodemus when He told him “you must be born again” (or “from above”)

God is a spirit and must be worshipped in (with or by) spirit and truth.

With a “dead” human spirit, we have no ability to relate to God.
When we are “indwelt” by the Holy Spirit, we are indeed made alive to God.

SIMON55

Feb 15, 2019
MO,OK,AR
Are you saying that Satan is the father of Cain.

Where is this in scripture?????
Genesis .....could you please expand my reply to myself it appears you are reading from the one that posted spasticly before it was finished think about it a little....?
Were Adam and Eve the first 2 humans ?.....or were they created on the 8th day after the first Sabbath of God?
Cain is not Adams son read Adams bloodline descent he isn't listed.....why....?
Because he isn't. His Son.
So what options does that leave you.....?
If you believe Adam and Eve were the first humans then Satan had to father Cain.... Who else was in the Garden?
Or option 2....Eve cheated on Adam..... either way we suffer under curses brought about by sins of the flesh....not fruit.
😀

SIMON55

Feb 15, 2019
MO,OK,AR
This belief is included in Islam. Also in an Apocryphal book about them
Got another 2 hardfast DAY FOR A YEAR for you.... Daniel 8:14......2300 yrs before the temple and kingdom of God is restored.... And ....Christs own word in Luke....." You go tell that Fox I do cures and cast out demons today and tommorrow and the third day I will be perfected"
The three yrs of his ministry....hard fast rule 3X from the mouth of God and once from the Angel that spoke to Daniel.....and if you read Dan. 8:23 to end that is the same as the muxing of the Iron and clay i. Dan.7 and the Blasphemer in 7:25 .....
The Mark is the POPE the name and number of a man Capture+_2019-02-12-07-14-56-1.png

SIMON55

Feb 15, 2019
MO,OK,AR
FlyingDove,

I much like your explanation of how (in my words) God's day is not measured by man's clock.

Love in Jesus,
Kelby

Gods day is a year unto man or once around the sun straight from Gods mouth 3X
1. Numbers Hebrews wandering in dessert 40 day-40yr
2. Ezekiel 4:6 lay on your side 39 day I appoint you a day for each year.
3. Christ Luke "You go tell that Fox ( Herod ) I do cures and cast out demons today tommorrow and the third day I will be perfected" ( the three yrs of Christs ministry )
4. Daniel 7 1260 yrs proven by human history Justinian decree 536 Iron ( Roman empire mixes with clay-Roman Catholic church.)
Pope arrested by Napoleon 1798 a deadly wound to the Head unto death ( in exile)
5. Daniel 14:8 23 days-2300 yrs.....so....the temple is restored by Gods Kingdom around 2370.....because it was destroyed by the TRANSGESSOR-Roman empire Nero 70 AD....
That's 3X by God and 2X by Daniels prophecy Angel.
And.....Daniel 8:23-to end is the RCC.....Kindom rises by no conquering power of its own same as the Blasphemer little horn RCC Pope of Daniel7-25 same as first beast of sea REV.
same as THE MARK 666 name and number of a man-Vicarius Filii Dei ( Vicar of the son of God )- blasphemy same as whore of Babylon in purple and scarlet.....

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Were Adam and Eve the first 2 humans ?.....or were they created on the 8th day after the first Sabbath of God?
Hi SIMON55, the answers to your questions according to the Bible are yes & no respectively.

Genesis 1
27 God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.​
31 God saw all that He had made, and behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.​
Genesis 2
18 Then the LORD God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.”​

Cain is not Adams son read Adams bloodline descent he isn't listed.....why....? Because he isn't. His Son.
Cain and Abel are mentioned in Genesis 4 as the first two sons of our progenitors, but both boys were lost to them, first righteous Abel (who had no generations/no family that continued after him), and then evil Cain, whose family line was ended forever by the waters of the Flood.

Genesis 5 concerns the "generations of Adam", his family line that continued on through Noah and then beyond the Flood.

Genesis 4
1 Adam knew Eve his wife, and she conceived and bore Cain, saying, “I have gotten a man with the help of the LORD.”​
2 And again, she bore his brother Abel.​
25 And Adam knew his wife again, and she bore a son and called his name Seth, for she said, “God has appointed for me another offspring instead of Abel, for Cain killed him.”​
26 To Seth also a son was born, and he called his name Enosh. At that time people began to call upon the name of the LORD.​

~Deut

SIMON55

Feb 15, 2019
MO,OK,AR
Hi SIMON55, the answers to your questions according to the Bible are yes & no respectively.

Genesis 1
27 God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.​
31 God saw all that He had made, and behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.​
Genesis 2
18 Then the LORD God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.”​

Cain and Abel are mentioned in Genesis 4 as the first two sons of our progenitors, but both boys were lost to them, first righteous Abel (who had no generations/no family that continued after him), and then evil Cain, whose family line was ended forever by the waters of the Flood.

Genesis 5 concerns the "generations of Adam", his family line that continued on through Noah and then beyond the Flood.

Genesis 4
1 Adam knew Eve his wife, and she conceived and bore Cain, saying, “I have gotten a man with the help of the LORD.”​
2 And again, she bore his brother Abel.​
25 And Adam knew his wife again, and she bore a son and called his name Seth, for she said, “God has appointed for me another offspring instead of Abel, for Cain killed him.”​
26 To Seth also a son was born, and he called his name Enosh. At that time people began to call upon the name of the LORD.​

~Deut

SIMON55

Feb 15, 2019
MO,OK,AR
Ok so if you believe you have explained everything then all you have to do is explain all the different races and colors of people coming from Noah and the Village of eight in turkey where Noahs house still is.....if you believe there were only 8 people on the ark.
By the way have you seen the ballast stones from the ark that drug in the water on ropes and Noah and his families headstones those are all interesting to see....
Early Christians use to pilgrimage there and they chiseled crosses in all of them..
And if you believe there was no-enmity-cainite seed on the ark then you have a problem explaining the sons of Anak the Anaki and the other three tribe of Angel-enmity seed reintroduced after the flood and God ordering the Hebrew to slay them all man woman and child......
Go ahead and beat your brains out on it if your a sado masochist....but God doesn't order the innocent slain for no reason and you can't explain the giants away....
The British still celebrate OG.....fee fi fo fum I spell the blood of an Englishmen....
The fact is Enoch wrote the 200 or however many fallen defiled all of creation animals and all....myths and fables aren't myth and fables.....
And please don't throw a bunch of scriptures at me I have dozens and dozens of bibles esword etc.😀

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Ok so if you believe you have explained everything then all you have to do is explain all the different races and colors of people coming from Noah and the Village of eight in turkey where Noahs house still is.....if you believe there were only 8 people on the ark.
Hi again SIMON55, wouldn't it have been even harder to explain all of the races/colors coming from 2 rather than 8, IOW, from our two first parents (who must have shared a LOT of genetic material, yes) than it was from Noah + seven? (also, it's a "yes" for me, there were 8 humans total on the ark)

By the way have you seen the ballast stones from the ark that drug in the water on ropes and Noah and his families headstones those are all interesting to see....Early Christians use to pilgrimage there and they chiseled crosses in all of them..
I hadn't heard of them before. These stones are the real McCoy? Where did they find them, and where are they located (if you don't mind me asking)?

And if you believe there was no-enmity-cainite seed on the ark then you have a problem explaining the sons of Anak the Anaki and the other three tribe of Angel-enmity seed reintroduced after the flood and God ordering the Hebrew to slay them all man woman and child......
I'm not sure what kind of DNA Noah's daughter-in-laws brought into the mix and provided to the Noachian progeny. Do we know where any of them hail from originally?

Go ahead and beat your brains out on it if your a sado masochist....but God doesn't order the innocent slain for no reason and you can't explain the giants away....
The "innocent"? cf Genesis 18:22-33 /// "Giants"? I honestly don't know? DNA from one of the boy's wives perhaps?

BTW, I'm trying not to go all out on my replies and beat my brains silly over this (as per your suggestion) as I have so few functioning cells left up there these days o_O, you know, being an old dude and all :)

And please don't throw a bunch of scriptures at me I have dozens and dozens of bibles esword etc.😀
I'll try to remember, but my last reply to you was based on the Scriptures I posited for you there (not to mention that the other posters and readers here may not have access to something as nice as the esword program that you have to look all of those passages up)!

~Deut

SIMON55

Feb 15, 2019
MO,OK,AR
Ok so I had written you a long response giving you reference to information that will just blow your two bb's right out of their box care but the system took a poop and dumped it all when I went to post and I am using phone so I am going to have to let my blown fuse cool off awhile and restart.....I got some amazing stuff youll love the ballast stone ? Just opens the door to stuff you won't even believe....start a file and start searching every detail video and 411 you can get on an anastesiologist Ron Wyatt
from Memphis Tenn.....
He is deceased but his family still operates a private museum of Biblical artifacts... he recovered.... There website is like war.com wyatt archeological research
This guy was amazing and lead by God....the museum is south of Memphis Tenn . GO!
But.....the ballast stones or nothing compared to the rest and yes they are real and Ron made video of them and Noahs family headstones and house and a whole lot more he dug up in Israel Arabia Red Sea MT Sanai and on and on and on😀

obedienttogod

Jan 3, 2019
the Hebrew for Lilith = לילית

Translations of לִילִית

noun
Frequency

owl
יַנשׁוּף, לִילִית, תִנשֶׁמֶת, כּוֹס

night spirit
לִילִית

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Ok so I had written you a long response giving you reference to information that will just blow your two bb's right out of their box care but the system took a poop and dumped it all when I went to post and I am using phone so I am going to have to let my blown fuse cool off awhile and restart.....I got some amazing stuff youll love the ballast stone ? Just opens the door to stuff you won't even believe....start a file and start searching every detail video and 411 you can get on an anastesiologist Ron Wyatt
from Memphis Tenn.....
He is deceased but his family still operates a private museum of Biblical artifacts... he recovered.... There website is like war.com wyatt archeological research
This guy was amazing and lead by God....the museum is south of Memphis Tenn . GO!
But.....the ballast stones or nothing compared to the rest and yes they are real and Ron made video of them and Noahs family headstones and house and a whole lot more he dug up in Israel Arabia Red Sea MT Sanai and on and on and on😀
Hi SIMON55, I found pictures of the cross-covered ballast stones online. My questions are these, are these stones mentioned anywhere in the Bible? Also, assuming that they are/that it can be proven that Noah's ark did make use ballast stones, how can it be proven that these particular stones are the real deal?

Thanks!

~Deut

SIMON55

Feb 15, 2019
MO,OK,AR
Hi SIMON55, I found pictures of the cross-covered ballast stones online. My questions are these, are these stones mentioned anywhere in the Bible? Also, assuming that they are/that it can be proven that Noah's ark did make use ballast stones, how can it be proven that these particular stones are the real deal?

Thanks!

~Deut
Some things can't be proven scientifically but simple logic can lead to elimination of all other speculation.
Like why are they many miles in land at 11-12K ft.... elevation there is just no logical explanation.....
Turks aren't known to have ever been ship builders that I have ever heard....
Also many old very smaller ballast stone....have been found along coastal shores but NEVER up in the mountains I mean litterally what would be the point of hauling non indigenous stone up into the mountains to make ballasts of them and just leave them there....
Plus the small ones are obviously smaller so they could be hoisted back in the ships....
Noahs Ark was probably the largest wooden ship built for its time....so....it required larger stone for the desired effect ....and Noah knew he had no intention of hoisting them and reusing them....
Which would also explain them getting located spread over a distance.....but...you know they could serve no other purpose unless you were tying your wooly mammoth or dinosaur out in front of the hotel or saloon.
Nobody drills large holes in that thick of stone to accommodate large rope.
Just simple logic leads to only one conclusion but....you know with science your only going to prove they are very old stone not found labored upon like that exact fashion anywhere else on earth and not indigenous without any other explanation or purpose for how they got there and no explainable benefit for them being there.
And mathematically what would the odds calculate to be that one of a kind stones are found in between Noahs house and Noahs Ark.....
And I believe it was ballast stones their gravestones were made out of also.....
Noahs house and headstones are at Village of Eight Turkey.....a place that has been named that forever according to Turks....
There is a National Historical Visitors Center at the Ark that the Turk Gov. had Ron Wyatt come to the opening dedication of....
Ron surveyed and used ground radar on the whole Ark and printed it all out....
He brought Gopher wood covered with pitch and Iron fasteners spike nails and stuff back to Memphis Tenn. Where his private artifact collection is....
If you search youtube for Ron or Noahs Ark there is documentaries of Ron and also a partner of his that sold him out.....
If you watch his testimony videos you can see he was sincere and genuinely emotional about everything he discovered.....
He went around to churches giving his testimony and selling his book but he never got rich or cared if he did.😀
A person could spend two weeks going over all his information....
He claims to have found the AOC and Christs Blood on the tablets....his camera wouldnt photograph that stuff he said I have seen photos he tried to take that wouldnt develope.
Wasn't Gods Will.....
Six priest died of brain annurisms in the tunnel to the cave.....Nobody but Ron could get their dead bodies out....Ron had to do it.

SIMON55

Feb 15, 2019
MO,OK,AR
Hi again SIMON55, wouldn't it have been even harder to explain all of the races/colors coming from 2 rather than 8, IOW, from our two first parents (who must have shared a LOT of genetic material, yes) than it was from Noah + seven? (also, it's a "yes" for me, there were 8 humans total on the ark)

I hadn't heard of them before. These stones are the real McCoy? Where did they find them, and where are they located (if you don't mind me asking)?

I'm not sure what kind of DNA Noah's daughter-in-laws brought into the mix and provided to the Noachian progeny. Do we know where any of them hail from originally?

The "innocent"? cf Genesis 18:22-33 /// "Giants"? I honestly don't know? DNA from one of the boy's wives perhaps?

BTW, I'm trying not to go all out on my replies and beat my brains silly over this (as per your suggestion) as I have so few functioning cells left up there these days o_O, you know, being an old dude and all :)

I'll try to remember, but my last reply to you was based on the Scriptures I posited for you there (not to mention that the other posters and readers here may not have access to something as nice as the esword program that you have to look all of those passages up)!

~Deut

Also did you know you can go to Sodom and Gomorrah ?
Its right where it always was the bushes there and the walls have brimstone still laying in there impacted into the walls....you can see doorways and windows and dig the sulphur out of the walls or pick it up off the ground....its pure white sulphur not found anywhere else on earth....
You can light with a match and it will sit there and keep burning....and put off that sulphur smell.
You know our God is so REAL people just don't investigate.
The evidence is everywhere and Romans 1:20 is true only the blind and confounded refuse to see.😀

TM19782017

Dec 15, 2018
I read Genesis 3 again and a question comes to mind:

#1 How was the man supposed to know which tree was in the midst(middle)?
Yes, he probably should have asked the woman where that came from but she had the same dilemma. Middle was not defined to either.

I have my own thoughts but want to hear others theories.