Bible Verse by Verse, Promises of God Only

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
In this thread we post Bible verses where God promised something, one verse per post, in order how they appear in the Bible. :)

I think this one would be first promise given:

Genesis 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
Genesis 3:14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

Jun 11, 2020
In this thread we post Bible verses where God promised something, one verse per post, in order how they appear in the Bible. :)

I think this one would be first promise given:

Genesis 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
What do you think of Genesis 1:26-28? There we have a corporate meeting ("let US ... .") in which God lays forth His plan with man. It is profound. Man is made lower than the angels, and yet it is not given to angels to be in the image and likeness of the ALL-Mighty. And although man is made lower than the angels, he is supposed to subdue them and rule and judge them. This has to be the promise of the whole Bible because most Christians admit that God has been defeated and His last recourse is to drag some battered and defeated Christians into heaven. But NO! We see a magnificent plan unfold over 6,000 years where God gets His Man, and according to 1st Corinthians 15:24-28 this Man Jesus COMES to earth, resurrects dead Christians and Israelites, sets up a government that subdues all God's enemies - even death, and then hands over the Kingdom ON EARTH to His Father in heaven.

According to Matthew 24:45-47 Christ will, after He COMES (to earth), give some Christians "rule over all that he has". And in Romans 8:29 we learn that these same Christians have been predestined, not to salvation, but "to be conformed to the image of Jesus". Finally, we see New Jerusalem - made of men - the Walls being Christians and the Gates being Israelites - coming DOWN to the New Earth to rule forever (Rev.22:5) and "having the glory of God"!

You could categorize this as God's stated purpose - not a Promise. But either way it is the most profound statement by the ALL-Mighty. It takes nearly 1,200 chapters to unfold.

Sep 3, 2016
For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us. 2 Cor. 1:20

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Staying in Genesis:

Genesis 3:15 - And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Psalms 84:11 - For the LORD God [is] a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good [thing] will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Back to Genesis

Genesis 3:16 KJV
[16] Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

Kind of a reverse type promise.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Here is to give gender equality...

Genesis 3:17-19 KJV
[17] And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life; [18] Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field; [19] In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

(See it as all one verse/promise)

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
1 Kings 8:56 - Blessed [be] the LORD, that hath given rest unto his people Israel, according to all that he promised: there hath not failed one word of all his good promise, which he promised by the hand of Moses his servant.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
"May the LORD our God be with us, as He was with our fathers; may He not leave us or forsake us,
(1Ki 8:57)

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I have always loved rainbows (but not the New Age kind) especially double rainbows.

"I establish My covenant with you; and all flesh shall never again be cut off by the water of the flood, neither shall there again be a flood to destroy the earth." God said, "This is the sign of the covenant which I am making between Me and you and every living creature that is with you, for all successive generations;
(Gen 9:11-12)

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
Isaiah 11:6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

I love this one so much because the poor leopard finally gets rid of his spots and faults and finds his place in the holy mountain... :cry::cry::cry:

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
There is one Promise (among all others IMO) that we have ALL chosen to place our entire future in...........

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that WHOSOEVER believeth in Him, shall NOT perish, but have EVERLASTING LIFE. John 3:16

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
2 Peter 1:4 - Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
Matthew 5:6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, For they shall be filled.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
Revelation 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.