Bible verses that are slightly baffling?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 28, 2016
I don’t think the wedding was a parable but I think the wedding was his sisters wedding, resason why Mary was concerned about how smoothly it went a worldly view, not a good wedding if the wine runs out before the end of the reception.
Parables can be historical true yet hide the spiritual understanding needed to reveal the gospel. Without parables Christ spoke not. He concealed the understanding from natural man called the hidden mana in Revelation giving the honor to Christian as a kingdom of Priest to search them out.

We can see that in a parable that the translators call Proverbs 25:2 . He gives us the honor of being called kings

Proverbs 25:2 It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.

Its the same wine that was changed for water, a word used to represent the unseen holy Spirit .The wine represents any thing that intoxicates or invigorates to include his love for us. I think we should search for the spiritual meaning as well as the literal seeing they work as one to present the gospel.

Mar 28, 2016
#2 Jesus saying, "Woman, what does this have to do with me? My hour has not yet come." ?

The wedding supper and consummation of the union of the bride of Christ has not come as long as we are in these bodies of death .It represents that hour when we receive the promise our new incorruptible bodies the goal of our new faith .

L

LPT

Parables can be historical true yet hide the spiritual understanding needed to reveal the gospel. Without parables Christ spoke not. He concealed the understanding from natural man called the hidden mana in Revelation giving the honor to Christian as a kingdom of Priest to search them out.

We can see that in a parable that the translators call Proverbs 25:2 . He gives us the honor of being called kings

Proverbs 25:2 It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.

Its the same wine that was changed for water, a word used to represent the unseen holy Spirit .The wine represents any thing that intoxicates or invigorates to include his love for us. I think we should search for the spiritual meaning as well as the literal seeing they work as one to present the gospel.
Indeed there can be multiple meanings in a single event in the Bible no doubt, like Mary’s daughter being married in Cana.

L

LPT

Though that’s a little deep to reach for most, though quite simple in logic.

TM19782017

Dec 15, 2018
Who says Adam wasn't allowed to touch Eve? He is called her husband.
Both were sinless and hadn't known temptation (until the serpent).
It even says they were naked and unashamed.
Verse 6 says "she also gave some to her husband, who was with her". So we know where he was.
Where are either questioning God? It wasn't until the arrival of the serpent that defiance began.
Why would we need to return to one body?
Eve was the only one created for another. Beyond that there is no other created the same way, thus there is nothing to return to.
Another confusing part to me is, Eve said the the serpent, “We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, 3 but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’”

Who is Eve referring to as "We"? Adam and her?
Then, she says , "You" in the same sentence...Why didn't she continue to say We must not eat from the tree that is in the middle of the garden?

Also, the end part was not spoken in those words to Adam.

TM19782017

Dec 15, 2018
In Genesis 1:28 Adam and Eve are commanded to go forth and multiply, which is before the fall. Why do you think Adam was forced to resist his wife? She was given to him as a mate specifically because no other animal/created being was appropriate for him.
He was told he could eat from ANY tree of the garden but of the tree of knowledge of good and evil he couldn't....The tree of life was also there but didn't say he couldn't eat that....

I also wonder, how where they to know which tree was the one to avoid? Why not just color the wrong one with a unique color or look?
This could be a prelude to what we in this age battle all the time....Knowing we want something that is extremely satisfying but what we are looking for is not obvious....Like Indiana Jones on a major quest...It makes life fun.