Bible version, which one do you think is most accurate?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I use the KJV for it is the one I started with.

If a translation claims Jesus as God, Lord, and Savior.

The Gospel of Christ and His blood washes away sins.

And to be led of the Spirit to be Christlike.

Then everything should fall in to place for they do not go against the exaltation of Jesus and salvation which the world will do.

And they are not trying to deceive on purpose.

King Nebuchadnezzar believed in many gods and a heathen king but acknowledged the God of Israel as the greatest god and proclaimed throughout his kingdom to not say anything against Him.

And if a person went against Him the punishment was death.

Which Babylon rode on eagle's wings for God blessed Babylon to be great.

But the king's son took the throne and blew it and the eagle's wings were plucked and they lost the blessing of God.

God can use the heathen to spread His ways on earth if they acknowledge Him even if they have heathen ways about them.

All nations that acknowledge God have heathen ways about them with none contrary to that except Israel when they were a nation in the truth.

Which is what the government and leaders promoted in Israel for all people might not comply.

Even America is a heathen nation for she allows all the false religions to be practiced there including Satanism and the occult.

And allows worldliness, love of money, and fleshy pleasures to a high degree which is sin.

But she acknowledges God and spreads the Bible, Jesus, and the Gospel in their nation and the world greatly.

In case someone would question the integrity and character of those involved with the KJV.

If they claim the God of Israel even if not perfect then He will use them to spread His word.

For anytime God can spread His word even if they have heathen ways He will use them if they acknowledge Him.

The King James Bible (KJV), published in 1611, has been a profoundly dominant, arguably primary, literacy and cultural influence on the English-speaking world for over 400 years.

It shaped modern English, influenced literature, and was the standard Bible for centuries, though its status as the absolute "main" global influence is contested by other historical, scientific, and political forces.

So there is importance to the KJV to spread the truth of God's word and ways.

King James I authorized the project to produce a definitive, authorized English Bible for the Church of England.

A team of 47 scholars, divided into six groups, worked for several years to translate the text.

The heathen ways of the king would not hinder that because he acknowledged God so He could use him.

But the Bible translated would go against the king's ways in certain places but it was still translated to go against them like the Bible says.

Because they were diligent to translate the Bible not changing the wording so God could use them.

God used king Nebuchadnezzar a heathen king, America a heathen nation, and could use king James and company to spread His word.

And what if the KJV had not been written with its impact on the world.

What would of been the state of the world.

The 1611 KJV was paramount to the spread of the Bible, becoming the standard English translation for centuries and profoundly influencing the Protestant world.

Its, authority was established by royal backing, its widespread adoption in churches, and its dissemination alongside the British Empire.

Back then it was much needed and will God not do something to put out His word.
 
There is King James Version which I currently use.
But I know there are some modern translations done by non-profit groups.
What bible version do you think is most trusty?
I don't trust NIV, because how it conflicts with KJV. And I believe NIV was translated from KJV.
I was looking for bible version that has been translated from greek, hewbrew texts. Modern.
Well if you want to to find out if your Bible version is accurate or comes from the mangled codices based on the corrupted Alexandrian manuscripts or Minority Text, then simply do this.

Look for Acts 8:37, if your version is missing it, then it is from the Gnostic Alexandiran manuscripts who tried to wipe out the divinity of Christ in their corrupted text.


37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
 
Look for Acts 8:37 if your version is missing it, then it is from the Gnostic Alexandiran manuscripts who tried to wipe out the divinity of Christ in their corrupted text.
Your assertion is completely without merit. Only the JW’s have tried to wipe out the divinity of Christ. Manuscripts haven’t tried anything.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Gideon300
Well if you want to to find out if your Bible version is accurate or comes from the mangled codices based on the corrupted Alexandrian manuscripts or Minority Text, then simply do this.

Look for Acts 8:37, if your version is missing it, then it is from the Gnostic Alexandiran manuscripts who tried to wipe out the divinity of Christ in their corrupted text.


37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
Your assertion is completely without merit. Only the JW’s have tried to wipe out the divinity of Christ. Manuscripts haven’t tried anything.
Mormons also. Oddly, JW's used to accept and use the KJV. No doubt they woke up to the fact that it completely undermines their false beliefs.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Dino246
There is King James Version which I currently use.
But I know there are some modern translations done by non-profit groups.
What bible version do you think is most trusty?
I don't trust NIV, because how it conflicts with KJV. And I believe NIV was translated from KJV.
I was looking for bible version that has been translated from greek, hewbrew texts. Modern.
Probably KJV
 
  • Like
Reactions: GRACE_ambassador
If any thinks it's about accuracy, they don't believe in the only God who parted the waters.
 
Mormons also. Oddly, JW's used to accept and use the KJV. No doubt they woke up to the fact that it completely undermines their false beliefs.
They took their KJV bibles and wiped out all those text, the Alexandrian codices attempted to do the same...
 
There is King James Version which I currently use.
But I know there are some modern translations done by non-profit groups.
What bible version do you think is most trusty?
I don't trust NIV, because how it conflicts with KJV. And I believe NIV was translated from KJV.
I was looking for bible version that has been translated from greek, hewbrew texts. Modern.
The Received Text, the Textus Receptus.
 
  • Love
Reactions: dkontner
There is King James Version which I currently use.
But I know there are some modern translations done by non-profit groups.
What bible version do you think is most trusty?
I don't trust NIV, because how it conflicts with KJV. And I believe NIV was translated from KJV.
I was looking for bible version that has been translated from greek, hewbrew texts. Modern.

I love GW in all translations although all require correct interpretation.
I enjoyed reading the KJV, NEB, TEV and NIV from cover to cover, making notes in the margins.