Bibles Bibles Bibles

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Just for fun
There are some Bibles that arent Holy Bibles.

What are some youve come across?

Ive read or skimmed though

The Barbecue Bible. This is a cookbook and history book of barbecues, the author went all around the world sampling barbecues so theres over 500 recipes from jerk chicken to aussie prawns. Interestingly not much mention of the original burnt offering.

The Garden Bible. No not the story of Adam and Eves home in Eden but a book about different gardens and how they were created with landscape designers help and project plans. However they were only american gardens and seemed resetricted to wealthy homeowners who could afford it.

I'll post more when I come across them.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Methinks this thread would fit better in the Misc forum.

That said, I own a cookbook called The Soup Bible, and I recall seeing a book called The Mac Bible (for Apple Mac computers).

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018

That said, I own a cookbook called The Soup Bible, and I recall seeing a book called The Mac Bible (for Apple Mac computers).
Does the Soup Bible have any recipes for pottage? What Esau sold his birthright for...or was it more of a stew?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Does the Mac Bible have 'In the beginning, Steve Jobs created...'

Kavik

Mar 25, 2017
Yep.

The word "bible" has come to be used as a general descriptive term for any book that is intended to be a "complete" guide to whatever the subject matter is. One can have 'bibles' for virtually anything. It can also be used to describe a book that is one's "go to" book for a particular subject, even though it may not be a complete guide, per se.

I think the OP is going to get a slew of answers.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
The Bible for dummies.

Not a dumbed down version of the Bible (THE DDV?)

But actually a book explaining the Bible, using someones literal translation of the Hebrew and Greek and going into the background of it, how it came about etc, why there are 66 books, why its all numbered and what order it is..I actually quite liked this book.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
On Amazon I saw these...

The Bible Is Black History
(couldn't make heads or tails on this one. Were the Jews black?)
Jesus-Centered Bible NLT
(I thought all bibles are Jesus centered)
She Reads Truth Bible
(if she read any bible she would be reading the truth)
Body Language: The Bible - The Complete guide On How To Analize People With Proven Dark Psychology Secrets, Manipulation Techniques, and Skilled Emotional Intelligence Tools
(take that one to your next visit to the Shrink.)
The Bible Is a Catholic Book
(which contradicts many catholic teachings)
Mossy Oak Camo Poly-Canvas Bible
(actually not a bible but a cover with the motto 'stand firm' so you don't stand firm on your bible but on it's cover, lol)

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I wonder why publishers dont just call, these books 'guides' rather than Bibles.

The Herb Bible. Not a book about herbs in the Bible but a listing of every herb known to man.

The Dance Bible. A guide to the world of dance for aspiring dancers, not a book about all the dances they had a in the Bible.

Your Preschooler Bible. Not a Bible for preschoolers, but a book about what you can do with your preschooler. I dont think it has any christian content such as teaching the Bible or telling Bible stories to your preschooler. Apparently everyone had just been getting their parenting advice from the internet hence this 'bible'. They cant just call it a book, or a guide it has to be a Bible.

The cheesecake Bible. A book of 300 recipes for cheesecakes. I dont recall recipes for cheescakes in the Bible, but I suppose somewhere, possibly in heaven, they eat cheesecake every day.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Thre are some Bibles that have more commentary than actual Bible in them. They then get published under various names eg. The Scofield Bible that has copious footnotes changing what the verses actually mean to something Scofield wants it to say, as well as mixing up the order of things so that you have about three second comings.

Then theres ones that cut out verses like The Jefferson Bible that cut out any mention of supernatural miracles.

L

Locoponydirtman

The shooters Bible.
Bible of wilderness survival
Wood workers Bible.
Homeopathic Bible
Herb Bible
Wild edibles Bible

There is literally no end to it.

I was going to tease the KJV only folks and say the KJV, but it would only be a joke and some of y'all don't have any form of sense of humour so I didn't do it.