Biding time

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Ella85

May 9, 2014
Who else feels like they are just biding time till this pandemic is over? I feel as if it is so unhealthy for our mental and physical health to be locked up in our homes. I find myself walking around the house looking for things to do, eating, scrolling for hours and hours on social media and after all of this is feel as if I have achieved nothing during the day, then get to around 5pm and get depressed because it's just another boring day in this revolving nightmare. I'm finding it hard to stay hopeful and lacking any sort of happiness.

What are you all doing to stay positive and happy in these times? Any feelings of depression, anxiety? I am such a busy person usually and it's killing me being stuck at home. I feel as though out lives have been structured in a certain way that we have forgotten what it's like to just relax and not work.... 😫

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Hey Ella, I feel ya. Sorry, for the corny rhyme. I too feel restless and I understand being bored. For me, I am doing more walks, more reading, and writing. I try not to fret at the havoc this is doing to any security I have.

I do think this offers a great opportunity to be thankful for the blessings he has provided, to draw near, to take a hard and a not so difficult look at our lives, our work, or lack there of, to reprioritize and shift.

With all that said, I do not want to minimize your frustrations, because I understand. It can be ugh sometimes. The Lord doesn't want us idle for too long. He will get us back to work, I believe!!!

Have you considered taking up a new hobby?

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
Video games, riding bycicle, motorcycle trips with my fiance...here we are allowed to go out with one person.
Its like vacation

Mar 4, 2020
Who else feels like they are just biding time till this pandemic is over? I feel as if it is so unhealthy for our mental and physical health to be locked up in our homes. I find myself walking around the house looking for things to do, eating, scrolling for hours and hours on social media and after all of this is feel as if I have achieved nothing during the day, then get to around 5pm and get depressed because it's just another boring day in this revolving nightmare. I'm finding it hard to stay hopeful and lacking any sort of happiness.

What are you all doing to stay positive and happy in these times? Any feelings of depression, anxiety? I am such a busy person usually and it's killing me being stuck at home. I feel as though out lives have been structured in a certain way that we have forgotten what it's like to just relax and not work.... 😫
I was unemployed for most of 2018 and 2019. If you are just now getting started experiencing what it's like being stuck at home with nothing to do then give it some more time because it does get easier. Yeah you'll struggle with boredom, depression, anxiety, doubts and worries about the present and future, but it's a good time to reflect on your life and figure out where God is leading you. I'm grateful for having gone through it when I did because it prepared me for now. I finally got hired somewhere this year, yeah it took that long to find a job; very tough market out there, even tougher now. Three weeks into the job they started having us work from home so I am back at home yet again. The only difference is now I am getting paid. Praise the Lord.

Going_Nowhere

Nov 10, 2019
Personally, I don't mind staying home to try to avoid getting the coronavirus. I like being home all the time anyway....whether there's a serious virus on the loose or not. And I always find things to do so I don't get bored. :)

Feb 19, 2020
Good opportunity to get stuff organized, do a deep cleaning of everything. Start working out regularly if you're not already doing so, thats a great way to take your mind off everything. Get into some new hobbies, youtube can teach you literally anything. Have Fun :)

E

EleventhHour

Good opportunity to get stuff organized, do a deep cleaning of everything. Start working out regularly if you're not already doing so, thats a great way to take your mind off everything. Get into some new hobbies, youtube can teach you literally anything. Have Fun :)
Sound advice

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
whats your regular job?

do you have a garden? If you dont, could get one started. If weather isnt conducive, maybe knitting.
Puzzles.

Prayer, reading the Bible, devotions, singing, doing art. Theres heaps you can do ask God for inspiration.
You can write...diary, stories. memories. Make a scrapbook, organise recipes, bake.

Baking bread is great fun, or make playdoh. Paint the ceiling. Make your home beautiful by decorating it. Who says life has to be boring???

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
or have a spa day.
this one I like you have a relaxing soak in the tub and fill it with herbs and essential oils, or milk and honey or whatever youve got in your kitchen, and talk to God at the same time. You can put cucumbers or tea bags on your eyes. Make a scrub from sugar or salt and some oil. Then moisturise from top to toe in body butter.

If your hair needs attention say if its straight you can leave curlers in all day and have a new hairdo.

Ella85

May 9, 2014
Awwww thank you all for the inspiration it means alot. I definitely do alot of cleaning and organizing, would love to find a new hobby but I haven't quite worked that one out yet so hopefully God will lead me in the right direction. I do get down when I'm not busy, I guess I'm just that sort of person I like to stay busy. I feel like I need to achieve something daily if you all know what I mean. What do people do when they are retired? 🤣

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018

I've been going out and helping poor people fix their homes. :cool:

Dan58

Nov 13, 2013
I'm also still working, being lazy and just laying around the house all day just isn't my cup of tea.. With all my bill's, I've also got to have money coming in, y'all are lucky that you can afford a 6 week vacation :).

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I think we are blessed that our govt has put into place wage subsidies and mortgage holidays, cos if they didnt, a lot more people would be struggling and feeling the pressure.

I would love it if there was an amnesty on bill payments. In the Bible, the year of jubilee meant that all debts were forgiven.

Ella85

May 9, 2014
I think we are blessed that our govt has put into place wage subsidies and mortgage holidays, cos if they didnt, a lot more people would be struggling and feeling the pressure.

I would love it if there was an amnesty on bill payments. In the Bible, the year of jubilee meant that all debts were forgiven.
My gosh that would be fantastic

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Lets pray and ask God for this, after all, it was His idea.

Prycejosh1987

Jul 19, 2020
Who else feels like they are just biding time till this pandemic is over? I feel as if it is so unhealthy for our mental and physical health to be locked up in our homes.
I agree but fortunately we are allowed to go to the shops and i take advantage of that option.