Black Holes = Worm holes? Gods way for us to travel great distances?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rudimental
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

Rudimental

Guest
Obviously at the moment we can just about barely travel to the moon. It costs too much money and the technology to keep people in space for prolonged periods of time without having any kind of negative effect on their bodies just doesn't exist yet.

And what do we know about black holes? We know enough to know that we don't really know much at all. But we know that black holes are super suckers. They suck in anything close to its gravitational pull. Even light itself!

But I have a theory about black holes. I believe that God created them for a reason. I believe that God has created all things in the universe for our benefit. For our use. Including black holes.

I believe that one day, we'll understand more about black holes and be able to "use" them to travel great distances. But on reading about black holes "where do black holes go". It might just be that they don't actually go anywhere. They just assimilate and discombobulate you into tiny atoms before you turn into star dust again.

But God, in all His infinite wisdom, definitely created black holes (what we call black holes) for a reason.

What do you think black holes (as far as God is concerned) are?

Black_hole_artwork-SPL-1.jpg
 
I believe without a doubt that God created the world, so like you say he MUST have created these black holes.

I'm sixteen and still at school, studying physics currently and it's hard having to take in all this stuff about 'the big bang'. That's beside the point though haha.

What intrigues me most is how God has designed everything so on point, so accurate that if we were to drift off orbit all sorts of possibly bad things could happen. The black holes could very well lead somewhere. Science states that we're broken down into nothingness...yet we know God is able to intervene.

Puzzling me is if they do lead into the unknown, what is the unknown and why would God create this alternate space?

They may just be their for decoration!


Sorry if I haven't answered any questions. At the very least I've added some more points to think about :confused:
 
I have no idea about the usefulness of black holes but anything regarding time and space is fascinating to me. You wrote and excellent, thought provoking post.
 
Obviously at the moment we can just about barely travel to the moon. It costs too much money and the technology to keep people in space for prolonged periods of time without having any kind of negative effect on their bodies just doesn't exist yet.

And what do we know about black holes? We know enough to know that we don't really know much at all. But we know that black holes are super suckers. They suck in anything close to its gravitational pull. Even light itself!

But I have a theory about black holes. I believe that God created them for a reason. I believe that God has created all things in the universe for our benefit. For our use. Including black holes.

I believe that one day, we'll understand more about black holes and be able to "use" them to travel great distances. But on reading about black holes "where do black holes go". It might just be that they don't actually go anywhere. They just assimilate and discombobulate you into tiny atoms before you turn into star dust again.

But God, in all His infinite wisdom, definitely created black holes (what we call black holes) for a reason.

What do you think black holes (as far as God is concerned) are?

View attachment 107478
Did you, by any chance, just watch "Interstellar"?
 
Nope, I was just staring up into space last night like the space cake that I am and wondered what people's thoughts on black holes are. Why, what makes you ask?

What is your theory?
 
Nope, I was just staring up into space last night like the space cake that I am and wondered what people's thoughts on black holes are. Why, what makes you ask?

What is your theory?
I don't have one. I look into the depths of the human mind rather than the depths of the universe. It's hard to tell which is more intricate, complex, and incomprehensible.
 
Why has God made stuff that we can not even detect and never will? Creation is not for our benefit but our creators.

I do not think we will get anywhere near black hole exploration before Christ returns.
 
Why has God made stuff that we can not even detect and never will? Creation is not for our benefit but our creators.

I do not think we will get anywhere near black hole exploration before Christ returns.

Interesting theory. But then, didn't they used to say the same thing about traveling to the moon? :)

But we can "detect" it. We can see them much better today because we have much better telescopes.

And technology doubles in speed every year. They are already talking about colonizing Mars and working towards it.

I don't personally think that Christ is going to return in our life times. There is so much to happen yet that hasn't happened. The temple of Jerusalem being rebuilt. The anti-Christ. One world government. All these things haven't happened yet.

I think that in another 20 years from today, people will be able to travel to the moon on their own, out of their own choice, just like they can "pop down the shops". Maybe 40 years. Maybe 30. But definitely in our life time we'll see it. Mind you, I'm in my 30's now. So I might be a very old man before I ever see anything like that!

But I also have a feeling that the world will be super populated and cars will fly, the hover board will have been invented, and people will be able to fly around with super jet packs. I envision scenes from Blade Runner or The Fifth Element (cars and taxis flying around cloud scrapers) happening to the earth before Christ's return. I picture mile high buildings and huge advancements in medical technology. Especially in the area of 3D printing and 3D printers. They can already "3D print" human organs, skin, bones, teeth etc. It wont be long after that they'll be able to 3D print you a new arm or leg or kidney or heart using your own DNA. People are living longer and longer again and eventually, we'll be so medically advanced that people will be able to be kept alive for much longer periods than today.

But yeah, why would God need to create anything for His benefit? Nothing can be added to God. He doesn't "need" anything. He has everything already. I believe that God did create the Universe for our benefit, for our purpose. I believe that He wants us to fill the whole Universe with His offspring (us) and super populate it for billions of light years in every direction. It makes sense right? Aren't the Heavens, basically the Universe above the sky that we live under? :)

But we are so young on this earth, our technology is so primitive still compared to what's to come. But one day we will understand much much more about black holes and why and how God has created them. Whether I/we live to see it or not! :)
 
What came up for me was, "Aren't all things created for the edification of the Creator"? We may or may not understand some of his creations one day. We may use some of his creations for our benefit, as He has predetermined. We may understand some of it, as He has predetermined. Our lifetime may not know, as He has predetermined. That's not to say we should not try to understand. It's more a, don't forget to praise Him while we are doing it and know that all things He wants for us will come in His time, not ours.
 
So you like black holes do you? Well, they certainly do display God's amazing power as you stated. Check out this article: This Black Hole's Belch Could Transform an Entire Galaxy - NBC News

"A giant black hole has belched up a bubble of cosmic wind so powerful that it could change the fate of an entire galaxy, astronomers say. Researchers using two X-ray telescopes have identified the cosmic wind blowing outward from the supermassive black hole at the center of galaxy PDS 456, more than 2 billion light-years from Earth."

Of course, black holes are relatively rare in the universe but they are a fundamental necessity to the universe forming as it did and continue to fulfill various purposes (as creator God intended) such as driving the formation of galaxies.
 
I have also wondered about black holes. if anything they are likely(at least to me) the most fascinating things in space. Let's say that a black hole is actually a portal, scientists say they alternate dimensions do exist in which this Blain chooses an apple and then actions and events based on his choice play out while in an alternate one Blain chooses a pear and then different events and and actions play out. it is believed By some that black holes are portals to these dimensions or simply portals to a very far part of the universe but the issue is no matter what you can go in a black hole but you cannot exit it.

But an interesting thing about the different dimension and how a choice affects different events and actions play out is it supports free will and doesn't support predestination. I have always believed that free will has the power to change ones fate or destiny that nothing is certain until the end. I believe God knows the out come of out lives but I believe he lets us choose the outcome not him creating us with a fixed fate.
 
Blain chooses an apple and then actions and events based on his choice play out while in an alternate one Blain chooses a pear and then different events and and actions play out.

I stuck in my thumb and pulled out a plum.
 
You know? (Derailing for a bit in a sense.) About the problem with microgravity, does anyone think we can simulate a stronger gravitational pull with a sort of spherical ship. A partial idea I am thinking is a sphere inside of a stationary bubble, the sphere inside spins at just the right speed to create a sort of gravitational pull, like when you spin a glass of liquid in the air the liquid doesn't spill out. What'chu think? Perhaps there are other ways around it, I just need to know more about what gravity is and how it exists. I know the world spins but i don't know if this is why we have gravity. I was a straight F student so I wouldn't know.
 
Eh, guess I wasn't clear enough, back on topic, the only thing I can think of is a large vacuum cleaner for heaven, or possibly they're there for some sort of balance what if their suction is keeping the universe in rotation? Perhaps not but just brain storming on why a black hole in the sky.
 
Well, its the by-product of a massive reaction.

It happens when a stars life nears its end and collapses in on itself due to its massive gravity. All of the matter is getting pushed down into a infinitesimally small point. Where that actually goes (even the light around it that gets sucked in with it) nobody knows yet.

Large vacuum cleaner for Heaven, love it! :D
 
I think the black holes and the pull that they provide represent the internal (SPRINGS) of the Universe and keep all things in motion.......just my view and for sure time travel is possible....God can do it!
 
I don't think black holes were created so we could make interstellar travels. If God really wants us to roam the galaxy He should make it a lot easier for us: remember He parted the Red Sea so Israel could cross easily.
 
I think we will never have the technology to travel to a Black Hole. Even if we could who would be mad enough to enter one