Black Lives Matters?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
Imagine I get a letter from the city saying I need to mow my lawn as I am violating the city ordinance my having my grass too tall
I write a letter back saying yeah but the guy across the street has trash in his yard.
That's completely irrelevant to the fact that I need to mow my lawn.
Hence the red herring fallacy

It's a red herring to fight for equality when men like Bubba Wallace, Barack Obama,Mahomes,Newton,ect ect. were already examples of it.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Why not? Since they tore down Frederick Douglas. How stupid can they get?
Apparently, the statue was a guy
Two things can be true at the same time. It's not a red herring, it's a fact. Abortion kills more black people than police, it has killed more than the KKK and the police combined, that's a fact. Where is BLM when it comes to abortion?? Because it doesn't fit the agenda they are silent. Hypocrites.
Maybe I missed it but I have yet to hear a prominent black person speak up for the rights of the unborn, regardless of race.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
It's a red herring to fight for equality when men like Bubba Wallace, Barack Obama,Mahomes,Newton,ect ect. were already examples of it.
Nope that's not the definition of red herring fallacy

Jul 6, 2020
Do you think this or know it to be true. Do they immediately think a white person did it. The data may suggest it 95% of the time which any natural human with no hate in their heart would be stupid to ignore. But investigators are trained on facts as in do they have a person description, crime scene evidence, video footage, eye witnesses, etc.

You can not tell me that you do not use more caution in a bad neighborhood. It isn't race, it is statistics that you should be more cautious. Not hateful but simply common sense. Even store owners will watch their own race more carefully if they have been stolen from many times by their same race.

Let's put it this way:

If I’m walking down a street in Center City Philadelphia at two in the morning and I hear some footsteps behind me and I turn around and there are a couple of young white dudes behind me, I am probably not going to get very uptight. I’m probably not going to have the same reaction if I turn around and there is the proverbial Black urban youth behind me. Now if I am going to have this reaction—and I’m a Black male who has studied marshal arts for twenty some odd years and can defend myself—I can’t help but think that the average white judge in the situation will have a reaction that is ten times more intense. Judge Theodore A. McKee, U.S. Third Circuit Court of Appeals.(Kennedy 1998:16)

There is nothing more painful for me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start to think about robbery and then look around and see it’s somebody white and feel relieved. The Reverend Jesse Jackson. (Kennedy 1998, 16)

Both of these men are prominent in our Society and both are Black men who have tried to help the Black Cause for better way of life.

Now, if someone like Jesse Jackson claims when he hears footsteps behind him and turns around and see's they are WHITE, he feels SAFE! We know there is an issue because Jesse was at one time a front runner with Martin Luther King Jr. and had been against White People for most of his life.

If men like this are AFRAID of people within their own Race, wouldn't it be logical for police to be on alert from the same people Jesse is talking about?

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
Nope that's not the definition of red herring fallacy

Then if those were all successful and accepted as equal prior to the beginning of the protest what more can be added? Will they elect a black man Mayor of Houston or a black woman Mayor of Atlanta or maybe one in DC? Define red herring equality for us.

K

kaylagrl

Imagine I get a letter from the city saying I need to mow my lawn as I am violating the city ordinance my having my grass too tall
I write a letter back saying yeah but the guy across the street has trash in his yard.
That's completely irrelevant to the fact that I need to mow my lawn.
Hence the red herring fallacy

You'd be correct if that was what is happening. Say a fireman stops by my home and says " Lady, your house is on fire". And I say " yes, I know it's on fire". So the fireman says "are there people in the house?" And I say, "yes, there are people in the house". He naturally says, "why didn't you tell them? don't you want to save their lives?!" To which I respond, "well I don't think the fire is what will take their lives, I think it's the smoke that'll kill them". He says " what does it matter which one kills them?! Dead is dead! Fire or smoke, both will take their life!" So I say " no if the fire gets them that's on them, it ain't my problem. But if the smoke get 'em I'll tell them the house is on fire. All black lives matter. Get rid of bad cops? Certainly. Defund great cops because of a few bad ones, nope. Just ask NY right now how that's workin.

K

kaylagrl

Well it's not a religious movement so there's that

No, not yet. But some Christians are ignorant enough of their beliefs that they are helping promote them, so there's that.

K

kaylagrl

Again. Textbook red herring fallacy
The subject is holding police officers accountable when they break the law.
Which is being done. Dems balking the whole way because it's an election year. What else is new?

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
It’s so sweet when people think they can control big business and capitalism.

When you’re an employee in a company, the company owns your ‘free speech’ regardless of the first amendment.

What about Kaepernick, was he on the clock and suppose to play football and represent their company or on his own time and free to protest when he was dressed in their uniform?

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
Again, a private owned media corporation is under no obligation to honor your free speech
you have Free speech but a private owned Media company is not obligated to give you a platform
Also Free speech doesn't mean freedom of consequences
A company reserves the right to fire you if you say something on social media that paints them in a negative light as you represent them

Then they had the right to fire Kaepernic because he was on company time.

Dec 30, 2019
Speech isn't against the law.
It is against the law to yell: "FIRE" in a movie theater. After 9/11 it is against the law to threaten someone. It can be considered a terrorist act. Before 911 it was only against the law to threaten the President of the United States.

Dec 30, 2019
no more excuses for the errors you espouse.
I am only accountable before God not man. When the books are opened and we are judged - you will not be there to offer your opinion.

"And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books.." (Revelation 20:12)

Who do you think writes the books that we are judged from? There is actually quite a bit in the Bible about the books that are in Heaven. David tells us in Psalm 139:16 that God writes the book of our life at conception before we are even born. If there are 8 billion people in the world and each one has their own book on how they are to live their life. That alone would mean there are at least 8 billion books in Heaven. Not to mention the books that are written to keep track of how faithful we are to follow the Book that God wrote for us in regards to our life. Did we develop the gifts, talents and abilities that He gives us at conception to become the people that He intends for us to become.

K

kaylagrl

A company has to protect their bottom line and protect themselves from being boycotted
if you work for me and I see you making racist or otherwise hateful comments on social media, best believe you won't have a job and next day

What say you friend?? Desean Jackson

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
What say you friend?? Desean Jackson

I would say a few things first of all this is a non sequitur
second I have fact-checked this and there's no proof that Hitler ever actually said this
And third the Illuminati doesn't exist

K

kaylagrl

I would say a few things first of all this is a non sequitur
second I have fact-checked this and there's no proof that Hitler ever actually said this
And third the Illuminati doesn't exist

No, no. I'm not asking about the facts in the post. The post, right or wrong is clearly anti- Semitic. Jackson posted it believing these as facts. Should he be fired for being a racist ?

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Let's put it this way:

If I’m walking down a street in Center City Philadelphia at two in the morning and I hear some footsteps behind me and I turn around and there are a couple of young white dudes behind me, I am probably not going to get very uptight. I’m probably not going to have the same reaction if I turn around and there is the proverbial Black urban youth behind me. Now if I am going to have this reaction—and I’m a Black male who has studied marshal arts for twenty some odd years and can defend myself—I can’t help but think that the average white judge in the situation will have a reaction that is ten times more intense. Judge Theodore A. McKee, U.S. Third Circuit Court of Appeals.(Kennedy 1998:16)

There is nothing more painful for me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start to think about robbery and then look around and see it’s somebody white and feel relieved. The Reverend Jesse Jackson. (Kennedy 1998, 16)

Both of these men are prominent in our Society and both are Black men who have tried to help the Black Cause for better way of life.

Now, if someone like Jesse Jackson claims when he hears footsteps behind him and turns around and see's they are WHITE, he feels SAFE! We know there is an issue because Jesse was at one time a front runner with Martin Luther King Jr. and had been against White People for most of his life.

If men like this are AFRAID of people within their own Race, wouldn't it be logical for police to be on alert from the same people Jesse is talking about?
It is simply in many instances the survival instinct. I live near Albany Ga which is prominently black. Gang violence is very high in this city and there are areas that are definitely not safe to go. It is the area that I try to avoid because people are killed in those areas by prominently black but there are whites involved as well. If I have to go through one of these areas, skin color doesn't matter because the area itself is filled with different races who are just as lawlessness. I get just as much aware when a white individual starts walking up to my car.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
No, no. I'm not asking about the facts in the post. The post, right or wrong is clearly anti- Semitic. Jackson posted it believing these as facts. Should he be fired for being a racist ?
If he were my employee yes he would be fired.

K

kaylagrl

If he were my employee yes he would be fired.
Appreciate your honesty. I'm not from here, the US, so I don't know how far freedom of speech laws reach. Maybe someone can enlighten me.

Jul 6, 2020
It is simply in many instances the survival instinct. I live near Albany Ga which is prominently black. Gang violence is very high in this city and there are areas that are definitely not safe to go. It is the area that I try to avoid because people are killed in those areas by prominently black but there are whites involved as well. If I have to go through one of these areas, skin color doesn't matter because the area itself is filled with different races who are just as lawlessness. I get just as much aware when a white individual starts walking up to my car.

I agree with you. And I would agree that for some police officers, some areas frighten them. And they are on high alert. And this could lead to ill advised shootings. My issue is when the police have complete control of the situation and then act violently towards the one who is no longer a problem. Like kneeling on someone's neck till they die. Like feeling your life is in danger because someone took your taser when you still have a fully loaded semi-auto pistol. Those cops could have just shot him in the leg. But that does lead to the question of whether or not they would have called in an ambulance before he bled to death. Even in the situation where the white kid had on earphones, and was listening to music, and the cops gunned him down for not stopping on their command. If the police are so uneducated to not understand basics and common sense, how are they getting hired in the first place?

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
Not sure if this was posted already, I apologize if so, but definitely needs to be spread:

Black Lives Matter Leader Toronto Believes White People are Subhuman, Calls Them ‘Genetic Defects’ – Begs ‘Allah’ to Help Her ‘Not Kill White Folks’

Get back your cause out of these people's hands, black brothers and sisters. Stand up to them, they try to bully and scare you that standing up to them will somehow damage your cause but quite the contrary, keeping them accountable will only make you more respectable. They are the biggest enemy of your community.