Blackberry Ice Cream -- Sugar-free

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

Depleted

DSCN0180.jpg

1 - 1.5 C frozen blackberries
2 T Half and Half or cream
2 T milk (I used fat-free milk)
Optional: Fresh berries for garnish on top

Grind ingredients together in a small food processor.

Two servings. (And, yeah, it may be tempting to make that one serving, but remember back when you were a kid and the after-effects of eating half the blackberries you picked.
:eek:)

I served this over homemade rosemary biscuits, which turned it into blackberry shortcake.

J7

Banned
Apr 2, 2017
How does it congeal without sugar?

D

Depleted

They're frozen, so congeal the same way a sugar-free strawberry milkshake does -- frozen fibrous berries.

Feb 28, 2016
Thanks Lynn,

here's what hub make us when we need a 'fix', something sweet, but healthy -

1 cup of fresh frozen peaches - or what ever 'fresh we can get'...
1 cup of ice-cubes -
2 cups of your choice of 'almond-cashew-soy milk, (can make yourself), it's easy...
2Tbl. of 'raw honey' -
a tea. of cinnamon and adding fresh 'ginger' is really healthy' -

grind it all in a 'heavy-duty' blender, and enjoy a scrumblecisious 'smoothie'...

any kind of 'fresh-fruit' will be really good, we just happened to be given some really
delicious fresh peaches...

there's also some 'other' things that we usually add, but we didn't want to 'over-load'
ya'll..:eek:

D

Depleted

Thanks Lynn,

here's what hub make us when we need a 'fix', something sweet, but healthy -

1 cup of fresh frozen peaches - or what ever 'fresh we can get'...
1 cup of ice-cubes -
2 cups of your choice of 'almond-cashew-soy milk, (can make yourself), it's easy...
2Tbl. of 'raw honey' -
a tea. of cinnamon and adding fresh 'ginger' is really healthy' -

grind it all in a 'heavy-duty' blender, and enjoy a scrumblecisious 'smoothie'...

any kind of 'fresh-fruit' will be really good, we just happened to be given some really
delicious fresh peaches...

there's also some 'other' things that we usually add, but we didn't want to 'over-load'
ya'll..:eek:
BUT ice cubes delude the taste. If you freeze the fruit, (and small enough that it doesn't kill the food-processor blades), you get fully, undiluted fruity yummyness. (Are we starting our own language? lol)

Oh, and we're both diabetic so almond milk and honey are out. And, I'm allergic to soy, and no gall bladder left to do the oil of cashews... I miss cashews. Never missed soy. lol

Feb 28, 2016
Lynn,

yes, the ice-cubes can dilute the taste, but if the 'fruit is really fresh' and sweet,
it can be 'good' either way! I love the word, 'yummyness'! says a lot!!!
are we on a roll?

D

Depleted

Lynn,

yes, the ice-cubes can dilute the taste, but if the 'fruit is really fresh' and sweet,
it can be 'good' either way! I love the word, 'yummyness'! says a lot!!!
are we on a roll?
I have considered adding chamomile tea to it. Maybe if you froze herbal teas into the ice cubes, it would add to taste.

Mostly, I just wanted bursting-with-fruitiness in it. And, because of you, I'm now jonsing for the same thing but with peaches. (Peaches have just gotten to the taste-good-and-available stage up here. We've been able to buy peaches for the last couple of weeks, but I know from experience the first harvest to reach us is fairly tasteless.)