Blaspheme of the Holy Spirit

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Is Joe guilty of blaspheme?

• Yes

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • No

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • It's not clear

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • It doesn't apply

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
The giftings are not idolatry. Be careful.

I'm not responding to this thread anymore. Not when unbelief is expressed bordering on blasphemy.
I've quoted a verse and added nothing to it. It has no mention of gifts but you are angry, i don't understand.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
uh......

no

a spirit is an entity and some are greater than others. read Ephesians. well organized

having met a few, you know when they are around. the Holy Spirit is altogether different

thing is, many teaching spirits are active in the world today...they teach 'doctrines of demons' and if anyone thinks they do not know scripture and every way to misrepresent it...through PEOPLE...who are deceived and not taught by the Holy Spirit, then wake up if not too late

understanding rarely brags and seldom self advertises.
Correct, people only transfer their understanding to others and so a spirit is nothing more than an understanding- but when the spirit of truth (God) comes, there's only one thing and that is understanding the truth. You can move and hiss and perform all kinds of display, they have nothing to do with the truth. This is what God requires:

Jer 31:
33“But this is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel
after those days, declares the LORD.
I will put My law in their minds
and inscribe it on their hearts.
And I will be their God,
and they will be My people.

34No longer will each man teach his neighbor or his brother,
saying, ‘Know the LORD,’
because they will all know Me,
from the least of them to the greatest, declares the LORD.
For I will forgive their iniquities
and will remember their sins no more.”

Jer 24: 6I will keep My eyes upon their good and will return them to this land. I will build them up and not tear them down; I will plant them and not uproot them. 7I will give them a heart to know Me, that I am the LORD. They will be My people, and I will be their God, for they will return to Me with all their heart.

The word used as the heart means the mind and the only process that goes on in the mind is understanding. So God works in His people's mind so that they know Him by understanding Him.

You can move on the floor and cry and laugh all night but it will have no impact in understanding. Modern day tongues are the opposite, they take away they understanding.

Jesus said His words are spirit, the words of Jesus should not make anyone move and laugh but we need to understand only.

7seasrekeyed

Correct, people only transfer their understanding to others and so a spirit is nothing more than an understanding- but when the spirit of truth (God) comes, there's only one thing and that is understanding the truth. You can move and hiss and perform all kinds of display, they have nothing to do with the truth. This is what God requires:

Jer 31:
33“But this is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel
after those days, declares the LORD.
I will put My law in their minds
and inscribe it on their hearts.
And I will be their God,
and they will be My people.

34No longer will each man teach his neighbor or his brother,
saying, ‘Know the LORD,’
because they will all know Me,
from the least of them to the greatest, declares the LORD.
For I will forgive their iniquities
and will remember their sins no more.”

Jer 24: 6I will keep My eyes upon their good and will return them to this land. I will build them up and not tear them down; I will plant them and not uproot them. 7I will give them a heart to know Me, that I am the LORD. They will be My people, and I will be their God, for they will return to Me with all their heart.

The word used as the heart means the mind and the only process that goes on in the mind is understanding. So God works in His people's mind so that they know Him by understanding Him.

You can move on the floor and cry and laugh all night but it will have no impact in understanding. Modern day tongues are the opposite, they take away they understanding.

Jesus said His words are spirit, the words of Jesus should not make anyone move and laugh but we need to understand only.
huh

spirits are only understanding?

I'm pretty perceptive, but I gotta ask for clarification on that one

maybe then we'll tackle the heart ;)

7seasrekeyed

Just don't shake it TOO hard, might be mistaken for one of the Mrs. Bentleys overcome by the Spirit.
the wind of the Holy Spirit blows much harder and was right there in creation

too bad some of you folks don't have a clue

I don't think a person could shake their head hard enough to explain the nonsense you people post :rolleyes:

but what I don't get is that not long ago you said you were not a cessationist

now it seems you are happy to say different

just don't join their mocking. although you have already taken the first step and had the blessing of someone who mocks whenever possible

there is nothing funny about saying you believe a non-believer...kavik in this case...and dissing scripture. but you know, the heart speaks

Feb 28, 2016
hub and I have our own, together and individual experiences with God, all were unique to us,
and for us -

we both have grown in Faith and Love since conversion, and our Father has blessed us with
discernment, here a little and there a little, definitely an 'on-going' process, IF one is
walking in His Light every day, seeking to, every moment of their lives -

we have seen some things that would 'blow' some people's minds, and we have also
experienced many things that would 'blow' many people's minds -

we are comforted that so many come-in here seeking= fellowship-knowledge-sharing-
confessing-community-maybe just seeking a place to Love others???

so many times it's not only rewarding, but profitable to others to just listen and pray -
yes, there is a time for 'rebuke' if one is 'led', but we always have to keep a clear perspective
and be tender-hearted and kind towards one another, speaking within the realm of Love that
our Saviour has appointed...

7seasrekeyed

the experience CONFIRMS scripture

some people who have not thought things through very well, try to say we are using experience to prove gifts

well, for peter sakes....shall we just read it like they do and say 'once upon a time?' like it was a bedtime fairy tale?

these signs shall follow...very very problematical if you are mixed up and think that is asking for a sign

read it again. the signs follow.

no signs? uh oh.. something is wrong :cautious: and don't tell me how changed your life is.

is it? why get so angry at others who have a different experience?

it's like some of you hate nothing more than someone who had the nerve to follow their belief

get over it. you are wrong

and please...some of you are still saying that we believe if you do not speak in tongues you are not saved...not everyone...but some are

that's a lie. no one here has said that, that I have seen and if someone else tells you that?

don't accept it. it is not true.

tongues do not save. the blood of Jesus saves. the tongue can set the world on fire according to the Bible so maybe that is one good reason to pray in tongues and leave it to the Holy Spirit

the Bible also says if we ask amiss, could be one of the reasons our prayers are not answered

some try to change what the Bible says while saying others do not understand the original language and instead it should really mean this or that

probably means just what it states and with all the info online these days, you can make your own judgement

I wouldn't leave major decisions up to someone else I don't even really know.

7seasrekeyed

I'm starting to see court jesters for some of these smiley faces attached to posts that are not meant to be funny

something wrong there

and we all know it

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
the wind of the Holy Spirit blows much harder and was right there in creation

too bad some of you folks don't have a clue

I don't think a person could shake their head hard enough to explain the nonsense you people post :rolleyes:

but what I don't get is that not long ago you said you were not a cessationist

now it seems you are happy to say different

just don't join their mocking. although you have already taken the first step and had the blessing of someone who mocks whenever possible

there is nothing funny about saying you believe a non-believer...kavik in this case...and dissing scripture. but you know, the heart speaks
Why you put a sad face on me? I don't want you to be sad. You are my sister in Christ who I love. Where did I say that I am a cessationist?

7seasrekeyed

Why you put a sad face on me? I don't want you to be sad. You are my sister in Christ who I love. Where did I say that I am a cessationist?
you know better

I'm sad for you

as most would interpret it

including you although you claim otherwise

not sure about the love there. then again, it does sometimes feel like a 4 letter word...I don't mean when you say it

long story LOL!

7seasrekeyed

let me add about the cessationism (is that a word?)

what did you mean by asking God then?

referring to the 'blessed' video with its sensationalist behavior that is pure emotional and not Spirit inspired?

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
you know better

I'm sad for you

as most would interpret it

including you although you claim otherwise

not sure about the love there. then again, it does sometimes feel like a 4 letter word...I don't mean when you say it

long story LOL!
I honestly don't know what you are talking about. You think if I don't think the outrageous behavior that has been chronicled in these videos is the "anointing" of the Holy Spirit, that not only do I believe in cessationism, but that I don't have the Holy Spirit?

And my post had no condescension to you.

Feb 28, 2016
PHI. 4:6-7.
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving
let your requests be made known unto God.
And The Peace of God, which passes all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

7seasrekeyed

I honestly don't know what you are talking about. You think if I don't think the outrageous behavior that has been chronicled in these videos is the "anointing" of the Holy Spirit, that not only do I believe in cessationism, but that I don't have the Holy Spirit?

And my post had no condescension to you.

that's not what I said

sorry but when someone condescends to another brother or sister in Christ I feel the wound

rejoice with them also!

the Holy Spirit is not a one stop got all I need piece of God

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
that's not what I said

sorry but when someone condescends to another brother or sister in Christ I feel the wound

rejoice with them also!

the Holy Spirit is not a one stop got all I need piece of God
Don't care how much you or anybody else complain or protest, or make excuses for, THAT behavior is NOT from the Lord!

Show me in Scripture where someone, a leader even, laughs hysterically for half an hour, and that's a GOOD thing from the Lord?!

Ridiculous!

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
I don't have the wherewithal to read through 20 pages at the moment because for me it is a VERY serious topic and I do believe it occurs today.

Sometimes I find it beneficial to focus on the Logos. So what does the word mean?

The greek and hebrew can always get the conversation flowing but sometimes I meditate on a word and try to stew on its essence if you will.

So to blashpheme. To profane? to intentionally mock? to intentionally exalt above?

For me blashphemy is an "on purpose" deal, thus my usage of intentional.

Sins that are done "with purpose" are quite serious...and not to sound cliche, but it is a slippery slope. Especially when spiritual pride is a factor. It is scary to be on the Lord's "bad side" so to speak. I'm not going to get into "Jude 1:6" discussions on the net at present but it attracts such things and wrath isn't a thing to engage.

I know some are against one sin being "worse" than another but there are distinctions. All sin is NOT the same. I feel like all rectangles are squares but not all squares are rectangles so to speak. Sexual sin was separated by Paul and Blasphemy by Jesus. I can vaguely see more distinctions. I'm not saying there is a hierarchy, just that this is a serious topic that it would behoove us all to take a second look.

7seasrekeyed

Don't care how much you or anybody else complain or protest, or make excuses for, THAT behavior is NOT from the Lord!

Show me in Scripture where someone, a leader even, laughs hysterically for half an hour, and that's a GOOD thing from the Lord?!

Ridiculous!
it's rather difficult to respond to someone who has gone off on a bit of a rant

or are you suffering from memory lapse?

at any rate, I already said I do not agree with that behavior and I do not believe anyone else did

show me in scripture where we are supposed to fight and rip each other apart

the attitude you are currently displaying is what is ridiculous

not to mention childish

and frankly you should care. see, there is where I have a problem with someone saying they 'love me in the Lord'

I don't think you do and frankly I don't see that as my problem

so tired of the insulting posts being hurled as people who do not believe the gifts have ceased

not going to bother to answer anymore of the rhetoric ESPECIALLY since I already said I do not agree with the video that seems to have become your main focus...I see that as an easy way out of an adult conversation