Bodybuilding advice

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 17, 2018
I've been trying to get into bodybuilding as a hobby. However I have no idea what type of diet to follow. I'm working with a trainer but all he tells me is to just drink protein shakes. Any advice would be appreciated.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I'm underweight so I'm down with the protein shakes. I believe that I'm trending towards vanilla. Not sure if you would need a trainer for this but you probably will find a blender useful. Make sure you put the lid on before turning it on or you will have a mess. I have experience in such matters.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
must look like Vesuvius without the lid.
don't know about women, I am taking a little creatine, use Muscle Milk protein powder, milk, cottage cheese, eggs , usually boiled, have some longjack fruits powder on order, but I think that is more for men, women might get a mustache....

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
I've been trying to get into bodybuilding as a hobby. However I have no idea what type of diet to follow. I'm working with a trainer but all he tells me is to just drink protein shakes. Any advice would be appreciated.
That's your goal? Mass, strength, lose weight, gain weight, tone up, definition?
Different diet focus for different goals.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
Try to eat clean protein 5x a week. Fish, nuts, seeds, some, and some, but not to much fowl. Lean meat, only once ir twice a week. Buffalo meat, lamb, sheep. Avocados a few times a week.
Dont combine protein with carbs in the same meal.
Banana shakes with apples, nectarines,
and or peaches, or blueberries in the morning and or afternoon. Use a fruit juice as a base, or even water, or cocnut water. You can add baby cocnut meat too, it tastes great and helps put on muscle. Use honey or maple syrup sparingly. Dates and raisins and fresh digs are good natural sweeteners, and generally better to use then sweeteners.
Green protein like spirulina and chorella. You can put them in your shakes or on a salad. Nutritional yeast in a shake or on a salad.
Stay away from diary and complex carbs. Have brown rice, and or a gluten free pasta and or millet only 2x a week. Not all of them 2x a week, a combination of them 2x a week.
Stay away from processed foods with a lot of salt, fat and sugar. Which means just about all of them, because they all have loads of it.
Buckwheat (raw) mixed with almonds, and or Quinoa a few times a week.
Some potatoes, but only a few times a week. Baked or steamed. No butter. No or very little dairy in your diet.
Yams and sweet potatoes are healthier. but again, only a few times a week at most. Again, baked or steamed
MAP amino acids. Creatine amino acids. Arginine and DMG amino acids.
Eggs once ir twice a week. Stay away from bread and yogurt if you can.
Stay away from beans.
Have fresh green salads every day, if not twice a day. Also steamed fresh veggies.
You dont need to count calories. But the range would be around 1400 to 2100 or so, depending on your activity levels.
Dont eat past feeling just about full.
Try not to eat past 7pm.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
Also take digestive enzymes and a good probiotic brand.

Jun 10, 2019
Eating a healthy diet is the best a beginner bodybuilder can do, you got to first be consistent with a proper balanced diet. You can start tweaking the diet later, but drinking protein drinks or just aiming for a said amount of protein won’t do much. first and for most a proper balanced diet.

Jun 10, 2019
Bodybuilding is sort of a life style, of eating right, getting proper sleep which is very important for sustaining energy and strength and growth, being consistent in the gym week in and week out. to add 10 pounds of muscle will take awhile don’t do the short cuts roids.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
Lastly, in the long term the large amounts of protein in the diet I put forth can be successful on the body. If you are consistent with your exercise program, and do the right exercises, and get enough sleep, you will see results. After around 3 to 6 months, cut back your animal protein to about half what I suggested. You can still eat a fair amount of the green protein, and nuts and seeds.
Drink plenty of quality water. Poland spring is the worst. Fiji water and Smart water are all right.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
She's gotta do compound exercises. If not she's severely curtailing her progress. I dont know if she has any health limitations, but squats and deadlifts, along with bench press and different compound back movements are her best friend.

Jun 10, 2019
She's gotta do compound exercises. If not she's severely curtailing her progress. I dont know if she has any health limitations, but squats and deadlifts, along with bench press and different compound back movements are her best friend.
Yes the big three nothing targets more muscles then those for sure probably the fastest way to get in shape football players in training camp do a lot of compounds. A old bodybuilder bill pearl has some good books on bodybuilding “getting stronger” was a good one. That guy was a pretty ripped in the 40’s 50’s

The king is squats, works almost all the muscles at once.