Book in the bible you'd live in?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JesusMyOnly

Senior Member
Jun 30, 2014
880
15
0
Okay, so if you could by choice, which book(s) of the bible (time era) would you want to live in and why?

Darn, its hard to pick just one. XD I'd say all, especially the four gospels. It would be nice to visit the core meaning of the bible..Jesus. Just to see what He did on earth and how much love He had for God and for us.
 
I don't think I'd want to live anywhere in the old testament! All the laws to follow and No Jesus yet...I like the time shortly after Jesus left the apostles the time of the Pentecost and/or Paul's time he was a gutsy man that Paul!
 
Revelation.....The end - I know it is gonna be rough, but sealed with God and the end in sight. Jesus coming and we are out of here. Please come Lord Jesus.
 
  • Like
Reactions: tourist
Jesus Lives - you took the words right out of my "fingers". The sooner the better! I want to see Him coming on the clouds.
 
I love the Psalms, although they were written by a lot of people, over a long period of time. There is so much honesty, true joy and sorrowful lament.

The Psalms are something I read daily, and have for over 13 years. Of course, it would be nice to live during the gospels, or Acts, when the church was born, too!

But the one that springs to mind first is the Psalms!
 
Ah but Angela - the wonderful harp music you would hear. And wouldn't it be fun to hear David's voice?
 
I am content with the time I live in. "The present is the point at which time touches eternity."
 
mark, acts, hebrews, 1 john, revelation, ezekiel? (i think),

because Yhvh has said what is happening today, before today happened, and what great love He has for His people, specifically is written, and is very true, very simply true , today, as it is written, and has not ever changed;
but men/mankind has messed it all up,

Yeshua was sent to be born a man, to die, and to be raised from the grave, so we could live today, on earth, like the believers/ekklesia did in acts et al, so also today , though rarely seen.

for very dramatic differences then and now for most, look up "union with" (ekklesia living on earth in union with God; not as if 'waiting' for Him some day by and by..... (though ekklesia wait daily for Yeshua's return ! looking for His deliverance that is promised, as well as what is already accomplished).


Okay, so if you could by choice, which book(s) of the bible (time era) would you want to live in and why?
....I'd say all, especially the four gospels. It would be nice to visit the core meaning of the bible..Jesus. Just to see what He did on earth and how much love He had for God and for us.
 
Okay, so if you could by choice, which book(s) of the bible (time era) would you want to live in and why?

Darn, its hard to pick just one. XD I'd say all, especially the four gospels. It would be nice to visit the core meaning of the bible..Jesus. Just to see what He did on earth and how much love He had for God and for us.
I'd have to pick one of the gospels. To see Jesus' ministry, His death, burial and resurrection from the dead...yeah, I want to see Jesus.

Btw, excuse my ignorance, but what does "XD" stand for? I'm pretty sure that I saw it in another one of your posts somewhere...
 
Hey, write down the date...it'd resolve a lot of disputes on this forum!

lol.

some of the ekklesia Jews in Israel know it (have always known it), as it is prophesied exactly in Hebrew Torah. (95% sure).

no. none of them even use a computer, so don't ask. they don't seek any publicity, nor want it. there's enough persecution already without more !

p.s. gentile/goyim never get it right.... practically ...
 
I'd have to pick one of the gospels. To see Jesus' ministry, His death, burial and resurrection from the dead...yeah, I want to see Jesus.

Btw, excuse my ignorance, but what does "XD" stand for? I'm pretty sure that I saw it in another one of your posts somewhere...

If you tilt your head to the left, it looks like a smiling/laughing face with squinting eyes. XD
 
Actually, I don't think any of us need to choose, as it's already chosen for us (if we're believers). We're living in the book of Acts as we speak. Praise God that all which has happened unto us thus far has been of God's making, and it'll continue to be his making until we go to be with him. Hopefully all that the book of Acts tells of we're experiencing in the here and now, because he's the same Spirit which raised Jesus from the dead, which lives in us, which did mighty works in the name of Jesus by the hands of them that knew and loved him.

And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

But if I absolutely HAD to choose, it'd be either Exodus or Joshua, as that's when the Israelites saw the mighty power of God, and enterred the Land.