Border "Concentration" Camps

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 23, 2016
And now we have this ...

Wayfair sold beds to furnish border camps. Its employees are walking out in protest
Employees of the online furniture retailer Wayfair are planning a walkout on Wednesday to protest the company's sale of over $200,000 in bedroom furniture to a detention center for migrant children in Texas.

The "walk out" will not stop migrants (children or adults) from coming to America.

The "walk out" will keep migrants (children / adults) from sleeping on a bed. They will not sleep on a bed because employees are "protesting" their treatment when they reach our border and try to illegally bypass our immigration policies.

Ms. Ocasio-Cortez applauds the employees via twitter.

Mr. Trump claims he's trying to keep migrants comfortable while "democrats in congress dither on humanitarian aid".

What will msm do? Will msm post pictures of migrants not sleeping in beds and blame those who want our immigration laws to be followed?

Mar 23, 2016
20 Times Breitbart Reported on Migrant Deaths During Obama-Biden Years and No One Cared

Former Vice President Joe Biden tweeted an image of a migrant father and daughter who had died on the U.S.-Mexico border and he attempted to link the deaths to cruelty from President Donald Trump. However, Breitbart News consistently reported on the deaths of hundreds of migrants along the border during the Obama-Biden administration — horrors that then-Vice President Biden never spoke about during his time in the White House.

During the Obama-Biden administration, 535 migrants died in one Texas county alone — Brooks County. The county is located about 80 miles north of the Texas-Mexico border and is home to the Falfurrias Border Patrol Checkpoint on U.S. Highway 281.

Following are 20 times Breitbart News reported on migrant deaths and other cruel human smuggling articles that did not elicit a critical response from then-Vice President Biden:

https://www.breitbart.com/border/2019/06/26/20-times-breitbart-reported-migrant-deaths-during-obama-biden-years-and-no-one-cared/

M

Mrsmom

These poor people get used and abused by the people they pay to help them cross the border. I live in southern California and some of the coyotes or illegal immigration guides use them to sell ice cream. Every single day theyre selling ice cream. No restoom. No bonus . No health insurance. Its so sad. One has been selling ice cream for 7 years . Theyre slaves. The bible tells us we are slaves to whoever we owe money to. Sometimes some cannot pay . Im sure they have to get tired of never getting anywhere in life. Their shoes are old. Pants old. They probably feel like outcast and hide like dogs from the law. Its no way to live.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Well I don't know if this is true or not but I'm hearing that they're not even being given basic hygiene items like soap and shampoo

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Well I don't know if this is true or not but I'm hearing that they're not even being given basic hygiene items like soap and shampoo
The conditions could be more sanitary and humane, including medical care if necessary.

Mar 23, 2016
Here is a chart which shows Southwest Border Migration for fiscal years 2014 - 2018 and partial 2019. Look at the numbers for March (103,729), April (109,474), and May (144,278) of this year. The numbers are more than double the numbers in previous years.

When we have centers filled beyond capacity, funding stalled in congress, employees walking off jobs because their employer contracted to provide beds, how do we provide for the needs of these people who flood the borders?

Here's another side to the claims made by Ms. Ocasio-Cortez:

Hispanic pastors tour border facility lambasted by AOC and say they are ‘shocked by misinformation’
Rev. Samuel Rodriguez was "full of indignation" when he saw the reports and heard from politicians about the deplorable and inhumane conditions for illegal immigrants at an El Paso County, Texas migrant detention center. But what he saw at the same facility toured by Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y. with a group of pastors was "drastically different."
“We found no soiled diapers, no deplorable conditions and no lack of basic necessities,” Rodriguez remarked, adding he specifically asked border agents if they staged the facility in response to the negative press. “They unequivocally denied it — we were witnessing the identical conditions the attorneys saw when they toured the facility days earlier."

Mar 23, 2016
Dan Crenshaw: AOC getting 'bolder with her lies'

Dan Crenshaw claimed that fellow freshman lawmaker Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is increasingly brazen in misleading the American public on immigration issues.

“She’s getting bolder with her lies,” Crenshaw said in a Tuesday interview with Martha MacCallum. “People like AOC are operating off of a false premise. It’s deliberately designed to misinform the American people.”

The New York Democrat visited a border patrol facility in southern Texas on Monday and said she was appalled by what she saw.

“After I forced myself into a cell w/ women&began speaking to them, one of them described their treatment at the hands of officers as 'psychological warfare' - waking them at odd hours for no reason, calling them wh*res, etc. Tell me what about that is due to a 'lack of funding?'” she later wrote on Twitter.

Ocasio-Cortez also claimed illegal migrants were being made to drink out of toilets, a claim border patrol officials have denied.

“Remember, first there was no crisis at all,” Crenshaw said. “Then it was a manufactured crisis. Then it was a crisis completely created by Trump … this is insanity.”

Ocasio-Cortez sparked outrage last month after she posted a video on her Instagram account in which she called immigration detention facilities “concentration camps," with several Holocaust survivors demanding she apologize.

Crenshaw, a Texas Republican who has repeatedly called for more congressional funding to help alleviate the crisis at the southern border, cast doubt on the suggestion that Democrats are actually interested in fixing the problem.

“There is not anybody else corroborating these kind of reports,” he said. “She’s using it to try and make her case that we shouldn’t have any enforcement and we should have open borders. This is really dishonest behavior from a member of Congress.”

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
I mean I think we can set higher standards than that. It's like well we're treating them horribly but at least it's not concentration camp bad

Mar 23, 2016
I mean I think we can set higher standards than that. It's like well we're treating them horribly but at least it's not concentration camp bad
Our borders are inundated. Did you look at the chart in Post #66? The last 6 months topped every month since 2014. And the last 3 months have seen more than double for the same months in previous years.

Perhaps Ms. Ocasio-Cortez is getting the word out that we are unable to provide what the migrants hope to find here. Perhaps they will not leave their home countries if they realize that the U.S. is not equipped to provide what they have been promised.

On the other hand, we have Mr. Crenshaw indicating that Ms. Ocasio-Cortez is not honest in her assessment and claims so maybe we will not see the numbers go back down. If that is the case, there will not be enough supplies to go around.

When we budget for approximately 50,000 people (rough average for the month of May over the last 5 years) and end up with almost 3 times that amount (144,278), how do we make up for the shortfall? Who is supposed to cover what is needed when we expect about 50,000 (give or take) and end up with 144,000?

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
I am going to echo trump's word - if people would stop coming illegally , then we are not having this issue.
when these facilities are overcrowded as they are, then it is not going to be a good situation anyone.

K

kaylagrl

Dude!!! Where have you been?!! How's things? Hope all is going well for your family now.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Dude!!! Where have you been?!! How's things? Hope all is going well for your family now.
I'm doing okay. I have to take a break from this site every now and then for my own inner peace but everything iokay
my mother is trying to recover from a broken foot but other than that she's okay

Agricola

Dec 10, 2012
Saw this a few days ago. Sen. Hassan grilling the people in charge of the border operations. Brian Hastings called her out by pointing out the lawyers who made the claims have clients who are bringing charges against them. Hassan gets a little annoyed by reminding him Lawyers do not lie. LOL.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
These facilities wouldn't be so overwhelmed if there was bipartisan support to secure the border. Put the immigration processing stations in the countries of the immigrants origin. Fix the broken immigration laws that virtually are catch and release laws. Crack down on states who illegally ignore ICE and the federal immigration laws. Crack down on businesses who basically use these illegals and pay them hardly nothing.

Stop the loophole incentives that give illegals the motivation to cross 1000s of miles on foot, many being abused, raped, or kidnapped by drug cartels, or the motivation to swim across the Rio Grande only to drown. All of the current Democratic candidates want to legalize illegal border crossings and free healthcare for illegals. Without bipartisanship then this humanitarian crisis will continue as 1000s enter our country everyday.

No bipartisan support because the issue isn't the conditions that the immigrants are living in, but the facility itself. Open borders doesn't need a holding and processing facility.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez just recently lied to the press about border patrol agents forcing women to drink out of toilets. This was explained that the pipe giving water gives water both to the water fountain and toilet. The same system in every prison in the United states. She continues to lie but her party cannot call herself out on it.

Why? Because they have backed themselves into a confusing corner as they race to the extreme left, yell tolerance but to be opposed makes you intolerant, preach feminism so any opposed will be antiwoman, and 90% of mainstream media will praise them for these lies.

From one Christian to all who will listen. We are in a pivotal point in American history. If we fail to vote, fail to act, pray, repent, and persuade with intellectual arguments in loving and respectful debates then a day like July 4th will be meaningless as we by choice enslave ourselves. One idealogy always prevails. Future generations depend on you. Your society depends on you.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
These facilities wouldn't be so overwhelmed if there was bipartisan support to secure the border. Put the immigration processing stations in the countries of the immigrants origin. Fix the broken immigration laws that virtually are catch and release laws. Crack down on states who illegally ignore ICE and the federal immigration laws. Crack down on businesses who basically use these illegals and pay them hardly nothing.

Stop the loophole incentives that give illegals the motivation to cross 1000s of miles on foot, many being abused, raped, or kidnapped by drug cartels, or the motivation to swim across the Rio Grande only to drown. All of the current Democratic candidates want to legalize illegal border crossings and free healthcare for illegals. Without bipartisanship then this humanitarian crisis will continue as 1000s enter our country everyday.

No bipartisan support because the issue isn't the conditions that the immigrants are living in, but the facility itself. Open borders doesn't need a holding and processing facility.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez just recently lied to the press about border patrol agents forcing women to drink out of toilets. This was explained that the pipe giving water gives water both to the water fountain and toilet. The same system in every prison in the United states. She continues to lie but her party cannot call herself out on it.

Why? Because they have backed themselves into a confusing corner as they race to the extreme left, yell tolerance but to be opposed makes you intolerant, preach feminism so any opposed will be antiwoman, and 90% of mainstream media will praise them for these lies.

From one Christian to all who will listen. We are in a pivotal point in American history. If we fail to vote, fail to act, pray, repent, and persuade with intellectual arguments in loving and respectful debates then a day like July 4th will be meaningless as we by choice enslave ourselves. One idealogy always prevails. Future generations depend on you. Your society depends on you.
yes, people need to wake up to all the lies we are being force-fed...

L

Locoponydirtman

We could re-open Guantanamo.

L

Locoponydirtman

We could annex Central America.

Mar 23, 2016
We could re-open Guantanamo.
We could annex Central America.
How about we simply enforce currently existing law???

We have members of congress stalling the vote to provide proper funding, then pointing fingers at the agents working at the border. What are the agents supposed to do? Buy toothpaste, toothbrushes, diapers, wipes, etc. with their own funds?

Mar 23, 2016
Hassan gets a little annoyed by reminding him Lawyers do not lie. LOL.
Hastings: We provide three hot meals a day and snacks are unlimited to those in … [interrupted by Hassan]

Hassan: You do understand that is in direct contradiction with the news reports that we have been reading and from what lawyers who have been visiting these children and interviewing them are telling us.

Hastings: And I would ask that you understand that those are the plaintiff’s attorneys who have a case against the government.

Hassan: And you should understand that I am a member of the Bar of Massachusetts and New Hampshire and I hold attorneys to very high standards and I doubt very strongly that any attorney would be fabricating this information.

Sure … no attorney lies … neither do msm news reporters :rolleyes:

I find it really interesting that congress sat on its hands while request after request was made to have this issue dealt with.

7seasrekeyed

AOC does not have the capacity to come up a winner in the dust storm she created

theater might work in school but not so much in real life

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) is a twister. She’s loud, destructive, and forms during intense storms of political theater. When she touches down, the damage can be devastating. She’s been on a roll trying to make fascist America into a real-life thing. It’s not. She compared the detention centers at our southern border to Nazi concentration camps. Now, she says that Border Patrol agents were threatening to her, but most egregiously allegedly told detained illegals to drink from toilets during a tour of some of these facilities this week. That didn’t happen.
Please—this allegation was suspect from the get-go. First, there are sinks attached to the top of the toilets at these facilities. And yet, no one has really challenged her on it. Yes, some reporters asked her if she actually saw people drinking from toilets; she didn’t answer that question. A group of Hispanic pastors took a tour and found that the conditions were not as advertised by Democrats. One Republican Senator, John Kennedy of Louisiana, has been quite blunt and straight forward over the allegations AOC has lobbed at the Border Patrol: the voices in your head are not real (via The Hill):

Sen. John Kennedy (R-La.) took aim at Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) on Wednesday over her remarks comparing the Trump administration's migrant detention centers to concentration camps.

In an interview, Kennedy accused Ocasio-Cortez of voting against funding for humanitarian aid efforts at the border, a vote the New York congresswoman made because the funding was being coupled with further resources for the expansion of detention facilities to accommodate more migrants.

"Let me be frank. Congresswoman Ocasio-Cortez — someone needs to tell her that the voices in her head are not real," Kennedy said Tuesday during an interview with local news station KSLA News 12. "She says that the men and women of our Border Patrol and our authorities are intentionally running concentration camps on the southern border."

"The Department of Homeland Security is out of money, and the congresswoman knows that. She says the conditions are inhumane. But yet when we send a bill over to her to vote to improve those conditions, she voted no. Her hypocrisy is breathtaking," Kennedy added, calling the situation "a problem that Congresswoman Ocasio-Cortez has helped create."

source