Boring!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I'm sorry. I dont mean you or anyone on this forum.

I just wonder what you are bored with at the moment...maybe its the same thing you do all the time and you want to change...well what is that thing that you are bored with and how could you inject more life into your daily existence?

An example. i was bored of my grey trackpants I wore the same ones all the time and the leg straps were breaking. They were supercomfortable though. Now I usually hate shopping for new clothes because its really hard to find good clothes that fit that arent in boring colours as well. But I managed to find new trackplants in green with slim fit cuffs and so now I am comfortable and happy. Hooray!

I guess its a case of out with the old in with the new. I dont know why I am sharing this with you lol but...dont be afraid to try something new is what Im saying. It might be something as simple as changing the colour of your socks or rearranging your cupboards and decluttering. Or upcylcing something to a new purpose.

Remember Jesus saying Behold I make all things new.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
I'm bored of being afraid of some animals, like bugs and snakes. I wish I wasn't. Also I'm bored with how I always make a bun on the top of my head it also gives me headaches even now, I really don't know why I keep it up. I like simple and easy because of unruly hair, but it got boring. Need to change my hairstyle or cut shorter. Thanks for the idea.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Humans are the only animals God gave enough imagination to be bored. My dog never gets bored. If there is nothing to do, he takes a nap.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
I'm bored of being afraid of some animals, like bugs and snakes. I wish I wasn't. Also I'm bored with how I always make a bun on the top of my head it also gives me headaches even now, I really don't know why I keep it up. I like simple and easy because of unruly hair, but it got boring. Need to change my hairstyle or cut shorter. Thanks for the idea.
No, no, no! Don't cut it! Unruly hair is far better than an unruly tongue...….. :) And, besides, unruly hair can be quite attractive...….. (just saying)

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
On a serious note, given what I have been through since March of 2016, it's hard to find anything I'm bored with. The very fact that God saw fit to keep me through all I have gone through, and I'm still alive, every day I wake now I am amazed at His love, grace, and mercy. That is why I spend as much time as I can now out in the beauty of His Creations. I want to praise Him, and I want to experience Him on all levels.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
No, no, no! Don't cut it! Unruly hair is far better than an unruly tongue...….. :) And, besides, unruly hair can be quite attractive...….. (just saying)
I don't like short hair on me at all, but I meant I might cut it to my shoulders again. It becomes very messy when it gets longer. It's a literal headache.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I don't like short hair on me at all, but I meant I might cut it to my shoulders again. It becomes very messy when it gets longer. It's a literal headache.
You know its time to cut when you getting split ends, headaches, and its getting too hot (especially if you have black hair, it does get hot in the summer) . I usually leave to grow in the winter and cut it for summer. I always get compliments when Its cut.

How short it short? I get it cut it short enough so I dont need to tie it up, so its like a bob. Also nobody can pull it. I reckon boys like long hair on girls so they can pull it.

As Ive observed in class. Stop pulling the girls hair!

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
And for some svery strange reason, people expect librarians to wear hair in buns. Well, I worked with plenty of librarians for years and never ever saw any that wore their hair in buns. Their was one lady who had the longest hair of any of us and she always wore it down or braided it.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
On a serious note, given what I have been through since March of 2016, it's hard to find anything I'm bored with. The very fact that God saw fit to keep me through all I have gone through, and I'm still alive, every day I wake now I am amazed at His love, grace, and mercy. That is why I spend as much time as I can now out in the beauty of His Creations. I want to praise Him, and I want to experience Him on all levels.
Thats great its wonderful after the storm and rain, to see creation renewing itself it just does it naturally.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
in quarantine..but thankfully I have a whole bookshelf of books to get through. Had rung a few friends and others have called but should I be worried cos I asked what one did and she just said 'washing' and 'Housework' and 'sorting stuff out' but.... shes been sorting stuff for years! I blurted out that just sounded really BORING. I wondered if she ever did anything FUN. I said Ok we are going to do the trivia quiz. But honestly this friend is hard work as its like she cant do anything without a big SIGH and complaining it hurts her brain. Im nearly about to give up on her.

Other friends were doing art, or puzzles, or gardening, or getting on with their studies, sewing, reading books, craft projects...whatever.

But she just seems to have zero hobbies, and not interested in learning new things.

if shes happy with that then fine but I dont think she is, and Im not particularly happy when she calls me and all she can say is she was doing the washing. Tell me something new...thats something everyone does everyday its like saying I brushed my teeth and combed my hair. Plus..it was raining the time she called so it was unlikley she was going to get much dry.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Can I ask a question

Does anyone here IRON their sheets and pillowcases?

I have never EVER done that. But thats what my friend was doing when I rang her. And I go why. I just fold my sheets or put them on the bed after I wash them. I never iron them! I do not even get why you would need to if you are going to sleep on them anyway!

isnt that making more work for yourself? But she just said they were at the bottom of the washing pile.
OMG.

I just am totally flabbergasted. First, washing when its rainy and wet, second, ironing sheets. It just dont make sense and makes my head hurt.

Sculpt

Apr 18, 2021
Glad you mentioned this, Soul! Let's be open to new experiences, and one of the best is experiencing some of God's most amazing creations! And begin ending your fear of "bugs".

There is nothing to fear from insects. My 10 year old niece stroked the back of a bumble bee and then let it walk on the back of her hand. It was friendly, it didn't sting her even while being handled. I've never been stung by a live bee, though when I was a kid I tried to touch the live stinger of a dead bee and got stung. It stung/hurt for a few minutes, that's it. Worst case scenario was no big deal. Only 5% of the population have any allergy to bee stings... 95% chance you're not.

So go outside to your garden, flowers, get on your knees and get close. Maybe take your camera phone too to get some shots. Checkout the beautiful insects! Let some walk on your hand. They can't hurt you. You can find out first hand how beautiful and amazing they are, and that they cant hurt you.

Also, there are no spiders considered dangerous in Europe. There's nothing to fear. They will run away from you. They have no interest in you. As always, if there are mosquitos (near wet areas or at night) wear some mosquito repellent. During the day in the sun you won't likely see mosquitos.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
lol
Maybe if I get really bored I will start ironing sheets and pillowcases. Maybe its actually a fun thing to do.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Glad you mentioned this, Soul! Let's be open to new experiences, and one of the best is experiencing some of God's most amazing creations! And begin ending your fear of "bugs".

There is nothing to fear from insects. My 10 year old niece stroked the back of a bumble bee and then let it walk on the back of her hand. It was friendly, it didn't sting her even while being handled. I've never been stung by a live bee, though when I was a kid I tried to touch the live stinger of a dead bee and got stung. It stung/hurt for a few minutes, that's it. Worst case scenario was no big deal. Only 5% of the population have any allergy to bee stings... 95% chance you're not.

So go outside to your garden, flowers, get on your knees and get close. Maybe take your camera phone too to get some shots. Checkout the beautiful insects! Let some walk on your hand. They can't hurt you. You can find out first hand how beautiful and amazing they are, and that they cant hurt you.

Also, there are no spiders considered dangerous in Europe. There's nothing to fear. They will run away from you. They have no interest in you. As always, if there are mosquitos (near wet areas or at night) wear some mosquito repellent. During the day in the sun you won't likely see mosquitos.
doesnt the Bible say 'look to the ant'?
surely we can learn something from them....

HumbleOne

Jul 10, 2021
I am bored with my room layout and my job.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I feel I am being a bit harsh with one of my friends, we were talking about what we would do when coming out of lockdown and she said oh can we meet up and I go sure where
and then she says the same place we went with another friend, and I kind of said boring dont you want to go somewhere YOU want to go? The she named my suburb and I was like oh thats so boring I go there all the time! How bout we go to yours lol

but then she must think her own suburb is so boring that she wants to come to mine.

I dont know, I guess I just get bored of going to the same places over and over again. when there so many places I havent been and yet to explore.

we have been doing the trivia quiz each day and they are different questions each time. so thats something but sometimes I think its hard going when people get in a rut and theres nothing new. Sometimes I think is it just me or am I just disappointed in people that lack imagination because I just have TOO much of it?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I feel I am being a bit harsh with one of my friends, we were talking about what we would do when coming out of lockdown and she said oh can we meet up and I go sure where
and then she says the same place we went with another friend, and I kind of said boring dont you want to go somewhere YOU want to go? The she named my suburb and I was like oh thats so boring I go there all the time! How bout we go to yours lol

but then she must think her own suburb is so boring that she wants to come to mine.

I dont know, I guess I just get bored of going to the same places over and over again. when there so many places I havent been and yet to explore.

we have been doing the trivia quiz each day and they are different questions each time. so thats something but sometimes I think its hard going when people get in a rut and theres nothing new. Sometimes I think is it just me or am I just disappointed in people that lack imagination because I just have TOO much of it?
I have been in a rut for years and could use some rest and relaxation.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I am bored with my room layout and my job.
how long have you been in your job
some jobs are dead boring I agree.
You can always change your room around. Jobs are a bit harder to change, but quitting is always an option and finding a new one (that might be equally boring, but it will be new and different for the first few weeks)

HumbleOne

Jul 10, 2021
how long have you been in your job
some jobs are dead boring I agree.
You can always change your room around. Jobs are a bit harder to change, but quitting is always an option and finding a new one (that might be equally boring, but it will be new and different for the first few weeks)
Five months.