Born Again Speaking in Tongues

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Wansvic

Nov 27, 2018
Even Wikipedia spots Oneness Pentecostal heresy. - Besides their beliefs about the Godhead, Oneness Pentecostals differ significantly from most other Pentecostal and Evangelical Christians in matters of soteriology. Whereas most Pentecostals and evangelicals believe that only faith in Jesus Christ is the essential element for salvation, Oneness Pentecostalism defines salvation as repentance, full-submersion water baptism (in the name of Jesus Christ) and baptism in the Holy Spirit, with the evidence of speaking in other tongues. -https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oneness_Pentecostalism

It's not hard to find websites that point out the heretical teachings of Oneness Pentecostals. - The truth is, Oneness Pentecostals have an anti-Trinitarian view of God, an unbiblical doctrine of Jesus Christ, and unbiblical requirements for salvation (speaking in tongues, water baptism in “Jesus’ name,” and a legalistic moral code). Thus, those churches or preachers adhering to its basic doctrines cannot be regarded as authentically Christian. Any group or church that claims to be Christian yet deviates at any point from historical Christian faith is, by definition, a cult. Oneness Pentecostal churches are, therefore, cultic in nature and outside the theological parameters of historic Christianity. - http://www.marketfaith.org/the-hidden-cult-of-oneness-pentecostalism/

Oneness Pentecostalism: (Jesus Only) A heresy that emerged from the mainstream Pentecostal movement during the years 1914–1916. Unlike traditional Pentecostals, "Oneness" followers deny the doctrine of the Trinity in favor of a view similar to Monarchianism. In addition to this heresy, most Oneness Pentecostal organizations also teach that speaking in tongues, baptism (in Jesus' name only), and maintaining various moral "standards" are necessary for salvation. - https://www.watchman.org/index-of-cults-and-religions/#O

https://carm.org/religious-movements/oneness-pentecostal/what-does-oneness-pentecostal-teach

View attachment 200335
I don't see any response to the scripture proofs given.
As usual your tactic is to belittle and deviate from the points given.
I choose to accept God's word for what it says.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
The comment is mine.

I choose to accept the scriptures for what they say. No interpretation is needed. Peter's instructions were consistently followed and believers were added to the church daily. (Acts 2:41-42, 46-47) And, God continues to add to the church in the same fashion.

Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
Acts 2:41-42

And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved. Acts 2:46-47
How are we saved? By grace through faith, not works (Ephesians 2:8,9) You choose to accept the scriptures for what you want them to say in order to accommodate your biased church doctrine.

Acts 4:4 - However, many of those who heard the word believed; and the number of the men came to be about five thousand.

Acts 5:14 - And believers were increasingly added to the Lord, multitudes of both men and women.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
I don't see any response to the scripture proofs given.
As usual your tactic is to belittle and deviate from the points given.
I choose to accept God's word for what it says.
You have no scripture proofs and only choose to accept what you want to accept. I just hope and pray that a seed has been planted that one day will be watered and lead you to the truth.

Dec 12, 2013
You have no scripture proofs and only choose to accept what you want to accept. I just hope and pray that a seed has been planted that one day will be watered and lead you to the truth.
Good luck with that bro, more than a few here that believe only that which is hammered out on their own anvil.....scriptural truth = slag in their minds

Mar 28, 2016
1> The Revival fellowship is not charismatic nor out of order.
2> Nobody falls downs. Nobody falls backward.
3> people enjoy the signs spoken to by JESUS - one of which is speaking in a new tongue by the Holy Spirit.
Prophecy is for believers. Signs for those who believe not. They have no faith coming from prophecy . We walk by faith the eternal not by sight as a sign, the temporal snapchat.

Those following after and not leading by seeking signs ... exit (you have just left Chicago city limits) They are clearly metaphors used in a parable to hide the unseen eternal understanding from natural man . . . that enjoys seeking after signs as wonders for the moment . The self edifier rather than walking by the faith that comes from hearing God. All the signs in Mark 16 apply to every a believer when they hear the tongue of God's prophecy, the gospel of salvation. it not you get one sign to and another gift another sign .Its all one big sign (I heard the gospel)

One of the first signs is a person is eager to share the new tongue, the gospel and because it is God's interpretation (sola scriptura) we will not be deceived by false prophecy from another author .The bible refers to false prophecy as poison we are protected by the integrity of his interpretation, the idea of some unknown interpretation as a tongue simply cannot generate faith mysticism yes, faith (Christ's) as it is written..... no.

Study the law spoken of in 1 Corinthians 14:22-23 Once you find what the sign confirms Then whole picture comes clear and not as it would seem to me a snapchat

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
:eek::eek: So you can be a spiritual person dead in sin?

WHAT??
I missed this earlier.

I understood your question to be is a person made alive in Christ or just born again but not yet baptized in Holy Spirit, a spiritual person.

I said no because it’s the baptism in Spirit that empowers us to walk and live as Spirit.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
The Holy Spirit teaches believers things from the word of God. God does not operate outside of His word. Gods word is complete and requires no additions or editing by man.

Men fancy being able to amend Gods word to make it more like them. Man is changeable but God is not.

Why do you want to change God?

For the cause of Christ
Roger

I study the words using concordances and Holy Spirit shows me things. It’s not changing anything but enhancing the truth.

I love revelation that reveals our Heavenly Father through poetic pictures of His Son.

It’s the sweetness of His Word.

Taste and see.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
You are entitled to choose which scriptures you will believe. I choose to believe them all.
If only that were true. You believe what you choose from the scriptures and deny the sovereignty of God. You are just fine when you get to tell God how He should do stuff but you struggle against Gods grace and His complete provision in creating His children.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Wansvic

Nov 27, 2018
Something just occurred to me.

Jesus asked the Pharisees what was Johns baptism. Of men or of God? I always wondered what He meant.

If it was a different baptism that was the sign of Messiah to come, then the question to them makes perfect sense.

I still need to know for certainty.
Jesus was pointing to the fact that John's message for all to be water baptized came directly from God. The Pharisees refused to submit to water baptism even though it was clearly instructed by God through John the Baptist. Notice the scripture specifically states that the Pharisees rejected the very counsel of God:

"And all the people that heard him, and the publicans, justified God, being baptized with the baptism of John.
But the Pharisees and lawyers rejected the counsel of God against themselves, being not baptized of him." Luke 7:29-30

The Pharisees refused to answer Jesus question because they did not want to admit what the surely knew. The command to accept water baptism came directly from heaven yet they refused to be obedient anyway.

"And he answered and said unto them, I will also ask you one thing; and answer me:
The baptism of John, was it from heaven, or of men?" Luke 20:3-4

Wansvic

Nov 27, 2018
John answered the question stating that he baptized with water but Jesus would baptize with the Holy Spirit a baptism that no man could administer. Johns baptism was of men and Jesus baptism was only of God.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
Jesus' question was directed to the Pharisees who refused to accept John's God-inspired message. Water baptism as well as the infilling of the Holy Ghost were both commands that came directly from heaven. The following scripture concerning Pharisees rejecting the counsel of God says it all:

"And all the people that heard him, and the publicans, justified God, being baptized with the baptism of John.
But the Pharisees and lawyers rejected the counsel of God against themselves, being not baptized of him." Luke 7:29-30

Wansvic

Nov 27, 2018
You teach heresy. Jesus required only that they believe in Him. Simply stated we are saved by grace through faith. There are no hoops to jump through in order to be saved.

Entrance of the Holy Spirit is how we are born again by grace. God does it all because Christ has done it all for us. We cannot add to or take away from what Christ has done. Christ alone pleased the Father. God imputes to us the righteousness of Christ and places on Christ all our sin.

Repentance and obedience are the result of salvation not the means to nor requirements for salvation.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
Scripture includes God-given instructions that all must follow. No one can discard scriptures just because they do not fit one's perception of the truth.

Wansvic

Nov 27, 2018
God will give the increase to those who pursue Him with an open heart.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
God has declared it complete. It is your problem if you don't believe it.

Rev 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
I said the scriptures aren’t complete in the book of Acts Roger. Try to look a bit closer. Plus I read this scripture as about the prophecy of the book of Revelation.

If you deny revelation of the scriptures, then you take away the offices of Prophet, Teacher, and the work of Holy Spirit. Even Pastor. Evangelism is soul winning, and Apostle should be church structure and order. All through our wonderful TEACHER, COUNSELOR, COMFORTER, GUIDE AND THE VERY SPIRIT OF FATHER HIMSELF.

Jesus finished all His work and has taken His position with Father in heaven. He has revealed Father to us through Himself. But, you can look at the words of the scriptures and get more truth from them through the work of Holy Spirit. This is His time of ministry on earth, to do what He’s assigned. Revealing the work of Jesus.

There is much to be seen through the OT about the sacrifices, and the very nation of Israel and their spiritual lives and acts to glean.

He is here and He makes Himself known when He is welcomed.

You can answer but I’m done with you.

Mar 28, 2016
Scripture includes God-given instructions that all must follow. No one can discard scriptures just because they do not fit one's perception of the truth.
God-given instructions that all must follow. . . as a law ? Like that spoken of in 1 Corinthians 14:22-23?

Looking at the favorite verse of those who seek after a sign and wonders gospel, or signs as a working wonderment gospel to confirm something. It would seem to be another gospel and not the gospel of faith.?

What do all of signs used as "one reason" that follows after using them as metaphors represent the unseen eternal?

They are not sign to be desired or sought after. Like: "Seek after these signs to confirm something unknown". They follow those who believe they have left Chicago, The sign said come again you have just left the Chicago city limits just went by.

The true believer will cast out the spirits of lies with his new tongue. The gospel of salvation .Because they would dare not go above that which is written .God interpretation the book of His prophecy .Those who appose the sign metaphors and offer prophecy in another name as false prophets .There false doctrines of men they are trying to sell will be seen as worthless. . . no ability to poison there new minds . Not possible to deceive the elect in that way. They are warned beforehand not to beleive or have faith in respect to that kind of poison.. They having been given a desire to do the will as a appeal to God . the laying on of hands a metaphors that speaks of the desire to do the will of another in a hope God will heal .

Again its all those signs working as One .Not I will drink poison today, and tomorrow raise the dead with my new unknown tongue, of a unknown knowledge, or unknown source. That simply could not be a source of faith be which we could believe God.

Mark 16:16-18 King James Version (KJV)
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Those who follow in his name or power. Not the dead flesh as the witness of men. There must be a distinction between the things of men seen the temporal as and the eternal things of Go not seen The place of His faith where he works his Labor of Love. .