Born Again Speaking in Tongues

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 12, 2013
Can someone tell me how I can take a pic and post it and why it says file too large?

E

eternally-gratefull

Holy Spirit baptism is that anointing that comes from within and UPON the believer. The anointing gives the Word from God to men or actions through the power of God to touch in whatever way He chooses.

The one ministering knows the power is not of self. Nor the actions. Others recognize God is at work.

There is the Spirit of Christ that life’s our spirit with the gospel of Jesus. The new birth. The power of the blood.

This is what I grew up hearing and I would guess most of us were the same.

It was God Himself that baptized me in Holy Spirit at an evangelistic conference called Explo ‘72 in Dallas, by the Billy Graham and Bill Bright ministries. No Pentecostal teachings yet He baptized me at the invitation to receive Holy Spirit. I was already born again but knew nothing about Holy Spirit or gifts.

I am sure I wasn’t the only one but I didn’t hear of it.

It’s two experiences of the grace of God and the third may be about to happen. The fullness. Some are moving in this already, doing the greater works already.

Wake up sleepers..
Sister

Anoint means to be poured on or in something

Baptism means to immerse or plunge into something

Two different words. Two different meaning, and two different function.

The annointing of the spirit (he being poured out into us, when he seals us and gifts us) is one function of the HS.

He also Baptizes us into Christ, his body (the church) his death, his burial and the cross. This is what cleanses you from all sin, and allows the HS to be poured out into you (anoint)

I am not trying to be mean here But your leaders have given you a false representation of what it means to be baptized with the spirit.

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
He who believes in Jesus will be obedient to His word.
This is what the bible says and Jesus says...aren't you willing to believe what it says or Jesus says? Well, here I am clueless to the water baptism is part of the Gospel unto salvation...

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:18
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but hethat believeth not is condemned already, because hehath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Romans 3:26
To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that hemight be just, and the justifier of him which believethin Jesus.

1 Peter 2:6
Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and hethat believeth on him shall not be confounded.

1 John 5:10
He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made hima liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
I mean when you think about it, it really IS a false Gospel!

IMPOSSIBLE to get past THIS with the double Salvation stuff being promoted here:

Romans 8:9 New King James Version (NKJV)
9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone DOES NOT have the Spirit of Christ, he is NOT His.
Joh 20:20 And when he had so said, he shewed unto them his hands and his side. Then were the disciples glad, when they saw the Lord.

Joh 20:21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

Joh 20:22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

Joh 20:23 Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Act 1:9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.

Act 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.

Act 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

False?

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Yes as new creatures we are His bride . He is our Spirit as source of all life typified as our husband Christ. . The creation could never become the Faithful Creator. The Holy Spirt has no beginning or end. God is not a man as us. We are united by His spirit not us. the flesh profits for nothing.

The Bible speak of another ceremonial foundation found in the Old testament having to do with the priesthood of believers .Ceremonies are used to reveal the unseen work of the suffering of Christ beforehand and the glory that did follow. The graves were opened, opening the gate of the first ressurection of believers .

we must look to the foundation of the doctrines of God. Which one is the good ground foundation of the doctrine. Like David mentioned in Psalm" what can the believer do if the foundation of the doctrine are destroyed. How could His word reveal His gospel without the foundation ?

Can't serve two infallible masters. It either done in the name or power of authority in respect to God not seen the eternal One or water seen the temporal.

Which one foundation serves as the interpretation master. . . the things of men seen, or that of God not seen?

I say water as that seen the temporal serve the things seen not the eternal

WWJD What would Jesus do as the Son of man? Serve the flesh he said does not profit?

2 Corinthians 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

I have no idea what the point is here Garee.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
It's amazing how such doctrines can truly mess up a genuine believers walk.
I fell foul of the above.

I used to go to an Anglican Church.
I wanted to be baptised, this denomination does it be sprinkling on the head.
Before they did that that you have to say out loud why.
They asked you questions and you answered.

This was my confession.

Romans 10:9-13
9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.” 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. 13 For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

A few years later I ended up in a Baptist Church.
That was the first time I heard tongues and to be honest it frightened me and I thought it was evil.

You don't hear tongues in an Anglican Church.

With regards baptism I was asked if I was. I said yes.
When they asked by immersion I said no.
Then I was told that was not baptism and I need to be fully immersed.
They did not say that I was not saved because I had not been.
But the fact is for me it negated my confession of faith that I had made.
The irony is that I had to make the same confession with full immersion as with a sprinkling.

That really messed with my mind, my first confession was irrelevant and therefore by inference I was not saved.

I went to a big Christian gathering of a few thousand people with this church.
I was struggling at the time.
I went forward for prayer.

The first question was "Do you speak in tongues?
I said no I do not.
I was then told "That's evidence you are not saved, and why you are struggling would you like to pray in tongues?

I said how can I do this.
They gave me the following to say (and this is true)

"She will come on a Honda"
Say it slowly and then start to speed it up.
Then they walked away, practice it at home then your mind will get used to it then you will get real tongues.

Boy did that cause me an issue for many many years.

For me with regards to tongues and baptism.

Neither save a person.

It's confession and belief that save and wanting to be like Jesus.
The remission of sins comes through the death and resurrection of Jesus and being United with him through the Holy Spirit.

Therefore I always encourage people who come to Jesus to be baptised.
The problem is that the church puts lots of pressure on people who want to be baptized that causes them to shrink back.

With regards to tongues.
Well I don't speak in tongues. I don't get it.
Is it relevant for today?

I have to be honest and say yes I think it is.
I don't speak in tongues yet my wife does.
She speaks tongues when we are praying for others, prays in tongues in church underneath her breath.

It's a gift, it's one that I do not have.
It's not a right of passage for evidence of salvation or a means to salvation.
I have gifts that I seek after and have.

Did Jesus ever speak in tongues?
Was he baptised to be saved?
Did you not say once that you had one word? If I’m remembering right, then you do have tongues. I’ve had many experiences with different Pentecostal meetings, and I’ve seen some just receive one word. For whatever reason this is, when a prophet or apostle lays hands on them, there is the release. If you are content, fine.

I believe Jesus did. There are some that teach when the disciples asked Jesus to show them how to pray, that it was the spiritual language they were asking about. It wasn’t yet time, so He gives then what we call the Lord’s Prayer. I find this to be plausible.

Plus what He spoke on the Cross, and also at the raising of the one young girl, he spoke words in ancient Chaldean. Both times the scripture states it had to be interpreted.

Mar 28, 2016
I have no idea what the point is here Garee.
The points are there .Is there something in particular you do not understand. Have you looked as the law found in 1 Corinthian 14:22-23 Once a person understands what the sign confirms then everything else would no be so difficult . Right now we have all these unknown that some use for wonderment builder uppers.

Luk 24:49 And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

Not my belief but His command.

City of Jerusalem (earthly) as if faith came after the corrupted things seen ? Earthly has never been the holy place of God as if the glory of God as the kingdom of God was of this world or was part of this creation .It will all go up in smoke on the last day .corruptible does not put on the incorruptible .That's the Wolf in sheep's clothing.

Yes in the old testament God did the use the temporal land of Canaan to represent the eternal land. The reformation has come .The use of Jewish flesh in ceremonial law is no longer used. He uses the flesh of all nation to day to bring His gospel The gospel is not about the political nation of the world as if we did wrestles against flesh and blood. or by it. Today he uses the flesh of al the nation of the world to include the outward Jew in respect to the flesh who today is typified as a gentile. That wall came down when the veil was rent .

Mar 28, 2016
None of which answered my question.
Sure it does you just don't like or agree .the question...

So you would assert that an unsaved person who reads the words of Isaiah aloud is prophesying? Is he (or she) a true prophet or a false prophet?
In the truest sense Balaam's Ass was prophesying ,Asses are used as a metaphor to represent the unsaved.

It does not matter who reads the word of prophecy. Its the Spirit of prophecy that does the teaching. You can read it out loud or use your eyes as a another gate to understanding. They must be in agreement in order that the deaf could hear and the blind can see. What make a prophet true or false are the word he brings. How beautiful are the feet that God moves to bring the gospel.

Isaiah 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Sister

Anoint means to be poured on or in something

Baptism means to immerse or plunge into something

Two different words. Two different meaning, and two different function.

The annointing of the spirit (he being poured out into us, when he seals us and gifts us) is one function of the HS.

He also Baptizes us into Christ, his body (the church) his death, his burial and the cross. This is what cleanses you from all sin, and allows the HS to be poured out into you (anoint)

I am not trying to be mean here But your leaders have given you a false representation of what it means to be baptized with the spirit.
My leaders? No, I study here at home and the church that I attended most was word of faith church. Though we had the gifts, we were more into the Word.

Can’t say I’ve spent a lot of time in a Pentecostal church to be taught. Lester Sumralls when a young believer but I was watching what was going on more than listening.

I don’t know why we didn’t move in the gifts in the Word church.

I think you are confusing to read. But, I care for your heart that you show in loving Jesus.

First love is powerful too.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
The points are there .Is there something in particular you do not understand. Have you looked as the law found in 1 Corinthian 14:22-23 Once a person understands what the sign confirms then everything else would no be so difficult . Right now we have all these unknown that some use for wonderment builder uppers.

City of Jerusalem (earthly) as if faith came after the corrupted things seen ? Earthly has never been the holy place of God as if the glory of God as the kingdom of God was of this world or was part of this creation .It will all go up in smoke on the last day .corruptible does not put on the incorruptible .That's the Wolf in sheep's clothing.

Yes in the old testament God did the use the temporal land of Canaan to represent the eternal land. The reformation has come .The use of Jewish flesh in ceremonial law is no longer used. He uses the flesh of all nation to day to bring His gospel The gospel is not about the political nation of the world as if we did wrestles against flesh and blood. or by it. Today he uses the flesh of al the nation of the world to include the outward Jew in respect to the flesh who today is typified as a gentile. That wall came down when the veil was rent .
Yeah....smh.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
By the way guys, did you ever see in the scriptures where the written word is similar to a dagger, but the sword is the Word in the mouth of Jesus? Cuts off the heads of the enemy.

Didn’t learn this from man. Check it out. Is a great truth to know.

Mar 28, 2016
Did you not say once that you had one word? If I’m remembering right, then you do have tongues. I’ve had many experiences with different Pentecostal meetings, and I’ve seen some just receive one word. For whatever reason this is, when a prophet or apostle lays hands on them, there is the release. If you are content, fine.

I believe Jesus did. There are some that teach when the disciples asked Jesus to show them how to pray, that it was the spiritual language they were asking about. It wasn’t yet time, so He gives then what we call the Lord’s Prayer. I find this to be plausible.

Plus what He spoke on the Cross, and also at the raising of the one young girl, he spoke words in ancient Chaldean. Both times the scripture states it had to be interpreted.
Where is the foundation for this one word doctrine found ?

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Sure it does you just don't like or agree .the question...

In the truest sense Balaam's Ass was prophesying ,Asses are used as a metaphor to represent the unsaved.

It does not matter who reads the word of prophecy. Its the Spirit of prophecy that does the teaching. You can read it out loud or use your eyes as a another gate to understanding. They must be in agreement in order that the deaf could hear and the blind can see. What make a prophet true or false are the word he brings. How beautiful are the feet that God moves to bring the gospel.

Isaiah 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.
So if reading God's word is prophesying, and the word of the Lord will stand forever, how is it that prophecy will cease? If prophecy ceases, and reading is prophesying, then reading Scripture will cease too.

Explain your way out of that.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Blue Mountains about hour west of Sydney in Castleraegh between Penrith and Richmond
Know anybody who has seen a Yowie down in those parts?

https://www.australianyowieresearchcentre.com/yowie-introduction-part2.html

"Back in 1898, a Mr Jack Petheridge was one of a party of graziers in search of good pasture lands beyond Broome in the 'top end' of Western Australia on the fringe of the wild north-west Kimberley region. Penetrating inland across the Fitzroy River, they entered the Oscar Range country. Jack was 25 years old at the time and a good shot with a rifle, supplying the group with kangaroo meat during the expedition. What follows is from Jack's own diary, still preserved by descendants now living in Perth.

"My companions and I had been out from Broome for two months, and as we were low on food again I went out one day to shoot more game. I approached a stand of trees and dense shrubbery. When it was but 30 yards distant, I heard rustling among the foliage. "Then, to my horror, an enormous ape of the gorilla family emerged into view, fully 14 feet in height. His snarling mouth displayed large teeth and his eyes were deeply set within thick eyebrows. His forehead sloped back, and long thick reddish-brown hair trailed from his head which was sunk into the shoulders, giving him a stooped gait.

I observed his large genitals and his strong muscular body and arms which appeared much longer than a normal man's. His hands and fingers were very large and he gripped a high tree-branch with his left hand as he stood looking menacingly at me. "The man-ape began advancing toward me and it was then that I fired a shot at the brute's chest. He screamed and clutched his chest but kept coming, so I fired again-a fatal shot at his head-and brought him down only feet from me. The man-ape was covered over much of his body in thick reddish-brown hair and had very large feet with an opposable big toe.

I ran back to camp to tell my disbelieving companions but, after they saw the body, the first thought was how many more of these gorillas were thereabouts. But the creature's great height and bulk was much more than any ordinary gorilla to our knowledge and, anyway, what were such animals doing in Australia?" The men left this "gorilla" lying there and abandoned the region to head for home. Jack later returned to the area with a naturalist, but, by then, months had passed and they could find no trace of the animal's bones."

Dec 12, 2013
Know anybody who has seen a Yowie down in those parts?

https://www.australianyowieresearchcentre.com/yowie-introduction-part2.html

"Back in 1898, a Mr Jack Petheridge was one of a party of graziers in search of good pasture lands beyond Broome in the 'top end' of Western Australia on the fringe of the wild north-west Kimberley region. Penetrating inland across the Fitzroy River, they entered the Oscar Range country. Jack was 25 years old at the time and a good shot with a rifle, supplying the group with kangaroo meat during the expedition. What follows is from Jack's own diary, still preserved by descendants now living in Perth.

"My companions and I had been out from Broome for two months, and as we were low on food again I went out one day to shoot more game. I approached a stand of trees and dense shrubbery. When it was but 30 yards distant, I heard rustling among the foliage. "Then, to my horror, an enormous ape of the gorilla family emerged into view, fully 14 feet in height. His snarling mouth displayed large teeth and his eyes were deeply set within thick eyebrows. His forehead sloped back, and long thick reddish-brown hair trailed from his head which was sunk into the shoulders, giving him a stooped gait.

I observed his large genitals and his strong muscular body and arms which appeared much longer than a normal man's. His hands and fingers were very large and he gripped a high tree-branch with his left hand as he stood looking menacingly at me. "The man-ape began advancing toward me and it was then that I fired a shot at the brute's chest. He screamed and clutched his chest but kept coming, so I fired again-a fatal shot at his head-and brought him down only feet from me. The man-ape was covered over much of his body in thick reddish-brown hair and had very large feet with an opposable big toe.

I ran back to camp to tell my disbelieving companions but, after they saw the body, the first thought was how many more of these gorillas were thereabouts. But the creature's great height and bulk was much more than any ordinary gorilla to our knowledge and, anyway, what were such animals doing in Australia?" The men left this "gorilla" lying there and abandoned the region to head for home. Jack later returned to the area with a naturalist, but, by then, months had passed and they could find no trace of the animal's bones."
hahhah I have no problem embracing unique events and have seen some strange things myself that cannot be explained hah