Born Again Speaking in Tongues

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Sign to Mary was fullfed she gave birth ,

Rainbow as a shadow points to a new kind of peace .It does not create peace like. . . lets pray for a rainbow .Other have used it to take away the peace that comes from following the true peace. Its has rained on their rainbow parades more than once. Not a rainbow in the sky. Just a bunch of colorful wet people.

Hezekiah the sign of a good king used in the parable involving the times when there were kings in Israel .he was part of preparing the way for the reformation.

Joshua meaning savior was used a part of a parable that uses 7 trumpets to be compared in the book of Revelation as another parable. Spiritual meaning hid. The example of using the temporal literal way with walls falling to represent the last day the end of the world according to the signified language. Joshua meaning savior as sign was a type of Christ. other were use in similar parables in the same way. that sign used Joshua as metaphor or type.

Not one is a sign as a "wonderment maker or creator" that one could seek after to self edify their own flesh to confirm something?
You didn't answer the question. In which category were these signs? Faith, or no faith? Here's your statement, for your reference:

"How many kinds of sign other than in respect to #1 belief faith...or "2 unbelief no faith. . . "

So, which are they, and where are the verses that tell us?

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
You cessationists keep on adding the "and not saved" bit.
There are Christians who are baptized in the Holy Spirit with the sign pronounced by Jesus and the Apostles that is speaking in a
new tongue - also praying in the Holy Spirit.
There are Christians who believe in Jesus Christ but not in the NT gospel of the first church - they obviously are blessed and
part of God's salvation plan.
But such Christians do not walk in the power of the Holy Spirit but rather walk in their own strength by their own efforts.

Salvation ultimately belongs to Christ Jesus - both "types" of Christians need to put the effort in to be right with God.
Acts 1:1 to Jude 1:25 is all about the Spirit-filled church of the first century which today we refer to as Pentecostal.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
You cessationists keep on adding the "and not saved" bit.
There are Christians who are baptized in the Holy Spirit with the sign pronounced by Jesus and the Apostles that is speaking in a
new tongue - also praying in the Holy Spirit.
There are Christians who believe in Jesus Christ but not in the NT gospel of the first church - they obviously are blessed and
part of God's salvation plan.
But such Christians do not walk in the power of the Holy Spirit but rather walk in their own strength by their own efforts.

Salvation ultimately belongs to Christ Jesus - both "types" of Christians need to put the effort in to be right with God.
Acts 1:1 to Jude 1:25 is all about the Spirit-filled church of the first century which today we refer to as Pentecostal.
Cessationists assert that the "sign gifts" such as prophecy, healing and speaking in tongues ceased with the apostles and the completion of the canon of Scripture. Did I say that I was a cessationist? What do you mean by "Christians who believe in Jesus Christ but not in the NT gospel of the first church?" :unsure: You sound very proud of the Pentecostal church, particularly The Revival Fellowship. Do you believe that only YOUR church is the TRUE church? Do you believe that only those who are water baptized and speak in tongues after being baptized with the Holy Spirit will be saved?

In Acts 16:31, in response to the question, "what must I do to be saved?" Answer - Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, you and your household. *Very simple and straightforward. Yet I noticed in one of your posts, you stated:

You and others keep on declaring that salvation is given simply only on believing in Jesus Christ and calvary. Yet in the NT, especially in Acts and the epistles, believing is described and presented as putting repentance into action and becoming obedient to the commandments of Jesus: believing in Jesus is to believe in what must I do to be saved ... repentance > water baptism by full immersion confessing one's faith in Jesus as Lord and Saviour for the remission of sins; to be accompanied by the baptism of the Holy Spirit with the Bible evidence of speaking in tongues; to walk with the Lord and to display the fruit of the Spirit.
That is believing + works.

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
That is believing + works.
Not when you read your NT - this is what they did - this was the standard doctrine and procedure of the first century church and therefore it is the gospel that is preached by Jesus and upheld and put into action by the Apostles for all disciples.

Obedience to the commandments of God is not works that earns salvation as you lot keep blogging.
Obedience is the way, the putting of a good conscience towards God and denying self.
So many "Christians" these days can't even be bothered to be water baptised and there are arguments galore over something as
simple and as straightforward as water baptism.
Jesus did it. The Apostles did it. Disciples of the first church all did it. The scriptures declare it.
And yet today it is considered by many as an optional extra and even considered as works.

We in The Revival Fellowship enjoy the gifts of prophecy wherein God does speak to his church and teaches us directly of
his word and what is good and proper unto Him.
And God upholds Acts 2:38 as the way that most pleases Him.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
The baptism of the Spirit which we find till the beginning of the 20th century is a teaching. You cant find it before this time worldwide.
The expierience which our Lord had,is,an different one. Ore can you claim that the Spirit comes into the believer, visible like a dove?
Not for me. It was a “wind stepping into me”. Experience Wolf..

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
The baptism with the Holy Spirit is mentioned multiple times in scripture (Matthew 3:11; Mark 1:8; Luke 3:16; John 1:33; Acts 1:5; 11:16). In 1 Corinthians 12:13, we read - "For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free—and have all been made to drink into one Spirit. Notice that "all" believers have been baptized with the Spirit and are permanently indwelt by the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 1:13,14; 4:30) and there is no indication that this baptism is a special experience that is subsequent to salvation and is only available for an elite few.
But, you can’t ignore the fact Dan, that Pentecost continues on. ?

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
You would seem to deny what prophecy is . . . . "the revealed word of God . . . . in any of the chapters or what are called books. . The book of prophecy the bible is all about . . . all things written in the law and prophets. (sola scriptura) God's two witnesses our mighty defense .

His perfect witness is sealed to the end of time with seven seals no man can ad to it or take away from it as it is written

We cannot separate one book from the other or even one word. It is our safeguard as the prescribed way of testing the spirits to se if they are inspired of men or God. Any person down through History that claims thus says the lord .I had a vision ...as in He is there or a saw him here . we are commanded to believe not. Its guards the integrity of the flaming sword of the word.

For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:And if any man shall take away from the words of "the book of this prophecy", God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.Revelation 22:18 -21

In order to understand the plagues writen in the book we look to the whole book (no separation) Same one author. .

Why would a person desire to go above that which is written looking to another witness?

Garee, my personal opinion is that if one has never prophesied, then prophecy would be hard to understand. That’s the first and most important point in your post. And if you had, your whole post would change. Lol

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
It has happened to all people who come to christ from the day of pentecost on,

It is the act of the HS baptizing us into the death and burial, The cross. Christ himself. It is where our regeneration takes place. As our sins are washed away (titus 3: 5)
Water baptism symbolizes our death burial, and resurrection with the death and resurrection of Jesus. The Word of truth (gospel received), Word preached, heard, or read also has cleansing action upon our hearts.

The baptism by Jesus anoints us for ministry. Empowers, and gifts then given. Called Holy Spirit baptism.

Why do you resist this plain and simple truth EG?

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Yes its sad! If they would be right with their teaching about the baptism with the Holy Spirit we would find it taught in the bible.
But it was not taught in the bible to other believers. Only to use the acts verses, which were for the most early churches not available is not sufficient as proof for their teaching. The other thing,till the beginning of the 20th century we cant find this teaching and practise of this teaching in the whole churchhistory.
They are deceived and deceive others with this good sounding teaching. This is tragic.
Good sounding to you? Taste and see Wolf. Ask and you shall receive.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
so let me get this straight

eg and wolfie are not really sure what stones is saying but they know she is wrong

eg knows she is wrong and has taken it so far as to say what she believes is not from the word of God because he knows, yes he knows, that you receive the baptism in the Holy Spirit upon salvation. now he knows this because he cannot wrap his mind around how it really happens because it has not happened to him and so that means no one else has had it happen either

he has noticed he does not have a special power, but he knows he doesn't want it even if it is available because he does not have it

good for him. you sure can't beat that type of reasoning...not even with a wooden spoon

we will simply dismiss the fact that Jesus said that the disciples and other believers would have POWER to witness for Him AFTER the Holy Spirit came upon them. they were already saved and believing in Jesus so it was AFTER salvation and not upon salvation

and of course wolfie is a cessationist who denies any and all scripture or historical references and goes on to say that no one has answered him. of course that is now true, because no one who has answered him, will continue to answer him, after answering him mulitple times and being told by him that you have not answered him

one day they will both find out they were wrong. not saying they are not saved; that is God's domain

but having taught against the truth and pounded others who have tried skillfully and patiently to lead them out of their circular reasoning, it might cause embarrassment. is there embarrassment in the after life? :unsure:

now at least one of these 2 have told me in no uncertain terms that they have me on ignore

stay tuned to see if that is true or not. it's like holding your breath until you are purple as some children are wont to do

you might pass out first though :LOL:

please appreciate the sarcastic humor for what it is worth. neither of you can beat it. getting angry does not count ;)
Ahhh...seven. A breath of fresh air and great humor! 😍

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Back off missie. you need to stop with your little nonsense (which is why I have you hidden, Just since you were the last post. Out of curiosity I opened it. And I should have know. Maybe someone was telling me to open it?? Yes, I do believe God gives us hints..

EG knows exactly what Stones is saying. EG has no question. I do not know WHERE SHE GETS IT (she claims she did not get it from the people she spoke to) But he knows what it is.

You need to stop assuming you know what people think, because everytime you do. You just make yourself look bad.
EG

You have confused two of my posts. I gave a tiny nugget of the written Word being as a knife or dagger action, versus the Word from the mouth of Jesus being the sword. This comes from Greek definitions of word. The sword cutting off the heads {power} of the enemy is from the OT. I said this didn’t come from any man. I saw it in study.

Nothing to do with my simple question.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
But, you can’t ignore the fact Dan, that Pentecost continues on. ?
By that do you mean the "sign gifts" such as prophecy, healing and speaking in tongues along with receiving the gift of the Holy Spirit for believers continues on?

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
Not for me. It was a “wind stepping into me”. Experience Wolf..
Hm, expierience can be good, but ifit stands over the word it can be misleading and dangerous. Where was the dove?
The expierience with the wind can also have people with new Age believings
What do you think my simple question could mean Wolf? It’s not a mystery.
If I was wrong with my answer, then please tell me what you meant. This would be prophylactic to an misunderstanding from myside.😀

Jul 23, 2018
So, according your understanding you cant find christians in australia before 1907. Right? Strange. You realy believe this?
The believers in acts recieved the baptism in the Holy Spirit by laying on of hands.
So you and dan have no case.
Unless you think an altar call protocol is to get them saved only by laying on of hands.
If you are right nobody is saved except by laying on of hands.
Being obtuse is not the path for truth.
You litterally need that bible changed to get anything plausable out of your theory

Jul 23, 2018
Hm, expierience can be good, but ifit stands over the word it can be misleading and dangerous. Where was the dove?
The expierience with the wind can also have people with new Age believings

If I was wrong with my answer, then please tell me what you meant. This would be prophylactic to an misunderstanding from myside.😀
She is showing you undeniably,without doubt,her experience is authenticated by the word.
Now,lets see,where did a wind preceed/accompany Holy Spirit baptism?
She has the word in agreement with experience.
Nowhere in the bible did a major leage pitcher minister a salvation message in right field with 62 sinners saved.
So those poor people ,with false conversions,need to start all over,
right?
In fact,is anyone saved? I know nobody in the exact geographical location with the exact words spoken over them as those saved in the bible.
But we do know jailers in earthquakes can be saved.

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
She is showing you undeniably,without doubt,her experience is authenticated by the word.
Now,lets see,where did a wind preceed/accompany Holy Spirit baptism?
She has the word in agreement with experience.
Nowhere in the bible did a major leage pitcher minister a salvation message in right field with 62 sinners saved.
So those poor people ,with false conversions,need to start all over,
right?
In fact,is anyone saved? I know nobody in the exact geographical location with the exact words spoken over them as those saved in the bible.
But we do know jailers in earthquakes can be saved.
I said what i said, no more no less! You can agree with it ore not.

Btw. Where it is taught in the bible to others that to be filled with the Holy Spirit ore baptised with the Holy Spirit you have to expierience a wind?

Jul 23, 2018
A man dies and goes to hell.
In that horrible place Jesus appears. Gives him the gospel personally.
The guy sits up,back from the dead, tells a believer his EXPERIENCE.
HIS EXPERIENCE.
A Cessationist,luckily,is in earshot.
Tells him "in the bible that happened and that rich man was DOOMED forever.
Thou art cursed and can not be saved. The bible says so"