Born Again Speaking in Tongues

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

7seasrekeyed

But only according Pentecostal and charismatic teachings.

absolutely not true

y'all love to bring down the hammer on those 2 groups but you don't have a clue

on the other hand, are they the only ones who practice Christianity as believers?

since I am neither, I can state with 100% accuracy that this oft repeated mantra of Pentecostal and Charismatics alone teach what you find abhorrent, was, is and will be wrong

many denoms have members who speak in tongues

I consider the silly answer you will no doubt respond with like this:

you could save yourself alot of time if you just copy/paste your responses.

Jul 23, 2018
Amen! I once heard someone who attends the church of Christ try to make the erroneous argument that these Gentiles in Acts 10:43-47 who believed, received the Holy Spirit and spoke in tongues were still lost in their sins at that point and were not saved until they were water baptized "afterwards." He tried to argue from Acts 11:15 that as Peter "began to speak" as if that implies Peter said nothing yet and the Holy Spirit came upon them. Yet in Acts 10:43-44, we read - Of Him all the prophets bear witness that through His name everyone who believes in Him receives forgiveness of sins.” 44 While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit fell upon all those who were listening to the message. *So these Gentiles believed, received the Holy Spirit and were saved BEFORE water baptism. (y)
It says while peter was speaking they spoke in tongues.
You just assume they were saved.

You guys reject that the Holy Spirit in fact is the agent that leads men to Christ.
Such basic stuff is poo pooed.
I think your argument needs some factor that the Holy Spirit CANNOT do anything until a person is born again.
That is what you need.
You need to show where the Holy Spirit is prohibited (which is in fact your assumption)
We need a pillar that says doctrinally the Holy Spirit only works after conversion,he does not act or move or convict anyone until after conversion.
""No sinner ever was moved upon by the Holy Spirit"".

That is easy to debunk.

7seasrekeyed

Why don't you show us that love by confirming the sign that is associated with tongues? Rather than serving unknowns wonderments (mysticism) as it would seem. . . your true. . . fill me up love.

What does the outward sign reveal? Faithfulness or no faith that alone comes from hearing the words of God's prophecy ? Can't serve two masters. Or we are not permitted some do .

You can use the foundation of the doctrine (Isaiah 28) It helps explain why God mocks those with stammering lips as those who have no sabbath rest .

Show us the love brother Waggles . I will offer the portions of scripture. I call it the doctrine of : "yet for all that they still refuse to believe prophecy in any manner to include tongues". I will color code it to help undestad just who is in the picture.

I will be praying you might actual look to the foundation of the doctrine. Destroying that, then we can never receive his understanding .

I will be waiting for you love.. brother.

Isaiah 28:11-13 King James Version (KJV) For with stammering lips( mocking) and another tongue will he speak to this people.
To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear. But the word of the Lord was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.

Brother Waggles lets not be childish in our understanding about it .let the tongue of God dwell in your heart richly . Don't fall backward..

1 Corinthians 14:20-22 King James Version (KJV) Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men. In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord. Wherefore tongues are "for a sign", not to them that believe, (Christians) but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.

awww

look what you've done to this poor cat

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Make the number it right?
Punching and hiting people for to heal them is not the way Jesus heals. But you can find this method among medicineman from tribals.
Wigglesworth is not here to explain so let’s let this go. I gave his way of preaching to you wolf. Not healing. Why did you go beyond the point?

Jul 23, 2018
Amen! I once heard someone who attends the church of Christ try to make the erroneous argument that these Gentiles in Acts 10:43-47 who believed, received the Holy Spirit and spoke in tongues were still lost in their sins at that point and were not saved until they were water baptized "afterwards." He tried to argue from Acts 11:15 that as Peter "began to speak" as if that implies Peter said nothing yet and the Holy Spirit came upon them. Yet in Acts 10:43-44, we read - Of Him all the prophets bear witness that through His name everyone who believes in Him receives forgiveness of sins.” 44 While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit fell upon all those who were listening to the message. *So these Gentiles believed, received the Holy Spirit and were saved BEFORE water baptism. (y)
Interesting that salvation would be tied in with speaking with tongues.
Hmmmm,that puts quite a wrinkle in your stance that to be saved a person need not speak in tongues.

The truth is the Holy Spirit and Jesus are doctrine busters.

Doctrine says (cue stern wrinkled brow) the pattern is this and that. IT CAN NOT BE ANOTHER WAY.

Man with muddy eyebrows: "all i know is i once was blind,but now i see"

New doctrine: always keep mud handy.

Truth; your patterns are hit and miss at best. As is your doctrinal straight jacket

I am glad they got the Holy Spirit first.
I am glad that pattern exists.
I am free to invoke the Holy Spirit to save men that are lost. To move powerfully upon them to point them to Christ.

I wonder what percentage get save COMPLETELY APART from the Holy Spirit?
Answer;none

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Then believe it, and follow it.
At the end our Lord judge us. But, I cant believe a false teacher and if he does miracles and wonders. I have learned that the word of God is the measure.

No, but I see the reality. And observe what our Lord Jesus told about it.
Wolf, can you site one time in scripture where the devil healed someone, or did anything that Jesus did?

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Punching and hiting people for to heal them is not the way Jesus heals. But you can find this method among medicineman from tribals.
And you know this how?

Jul 23, 2018
Nobody is putting a gun to your head.
Just assume all baptists are very bad people since so many pastors fail.
In fact just assume only you have the real deal.
But getting a couple of likes could be a few true blue guys like you.
Keep sharp,real sharp,watching some anti charismatic utubes.
That'll keep that spirit moving in you.

Blackball them all!!!
Even when not true.
What a ministry,accusing the brethren.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
What I said had nothing to do with feelings either. My point was your constant insisting we do not feel Gods power. Its wrong. You have no idea what we have felt tasted or experienced about God.
EG, you state that your post had nothing to do with feeling, then you say your point is i insist that you do not feel Gods power.

I said His present Presence. That is His flowing of Holy Spirit within us. His work doing His works through us. We may feel something or we may not.

His touch however, will cause a reaction. I can give the scripture again that I just found for that statement if you like.

Jul 23, 2018
Wigglesworth is not here to explain so let’s let this go. I gave his way of preaching to you wolf. Not healing. Why did you go beyond the point?
Wigglesworth would not waste his time on wolfs nothing burgers.
He would see wolfs agenda and cast that mess down.

I doubt mother Teresa herself could survive wolfs accusing spirit.
He curses men of God.
That is eerie.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Interesting that salvation would be tied in with speaking with tongues.
Hmmmm,that puts quite a wrinkle in your stance that to be saved a person need not speak in tongues.

The truth is the Holy Spirit and Jesus are doctrine busters.

Doctrine says (cue stern wrinkled brow) the pattern is this and that. IT CAN NOT BE ANOTHER WAY.

Man with muddy eyebrows: "all i know is i once was blind,but now i see"

New doctrine: always keep mud handy.

Truth; your patterns are hit and miss at best. As is your doctrinal straight jacket

I am glad they got the Holy Spirit first.
I am glad that pattern exists.
I am free to invoke the Holy Spirit to save men that are lost. To move powerfully upon them to point them to Christ.

I wonder what percentage get save COMPLETELY APART from the Holy Spirit?
Answer;none
We should do whatever He speaks to us in our spirit. NOT OUR MINDS. LED.

That wasn’t aimed at you absolutely. I know you do.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013

He curses men of God.
That is eerie.
In ignorance hopefully.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013

He curses men of God.
That is eerie.
You know that’s true. Wigglesworth would rebuke only. I wouldn’t dare criticize a man of God who’s been used so mightily in the kingdom.

Some people have chutzpah...is that the right word? Lol

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
absolutely not true

y'all love to bring down the hammer on those 2 groups but you don't have a clue

on the other hand, are they the only ones who practice Christianity as believers?

since I am neither, I can state with 100% accuracy that this oft repeated mantra of Pentecostal and Charismatics alone teach what you find abhorrent, was, is and will be wrong

many denoms have members who speak in tongues

I consider the silly answer you will no doubt respond with like this:

you could save yourself alot of time if you just copy/paste your responses.
No other then pentecostal ore charismatics teach it. Thats why they called so!
Which other denomination orechristian group teach this?

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
I just heard a prophetic word this morning on Facebook absolutely, and seven, that explains why these things are being resisted. If either would want to hear, send me a pm.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
You too Waggles. I think the person who started this thread has left.

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
And you know this how?
Well, if we should take Jesus as example we find no evidence that he heals people via violence. Punching people on the place where the sickness is, is mostly hurtful.
How many people today went to ghosthealers and others and they get healed. This has nothing to do with healing from God. So who then is behind such people?

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
Well Stones, read Matthew 24,24 is this God who does this miracles, if not God who then?
Read 2. Cor. 11, 13-14, Why Paul spoke about it,if this eould be not dangerousfor the believers. They looks like as from God,but there are not from God. In the same way Satan hides behind good doings as they were from God, but they are not.

E

eternally-gratefull

Yes. She has unfortunately gotten very astute in "When are you going to stop beating your wife" type questions.
Heard it from far to many people. I think it is a programmed response