Born Again Speaking in Tongues

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
put down whatever you are drinking there and get an education

the world consists of far more than this forum

you are so dogmatic I swear your posts sound more like yapping LOL!

seriously ... you think only 2 denoms speak in tongues?

since I am neither and I speak in tongues that would make you wrong right there

but I am just a grain of sand on the beach...lots of other sands out there
Then tell me which denominations are speaking in tongues. ( btw charismatic is no deno)

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
It’s too bad EG. I thought of you, decon, penned as friends at one point.

Am joining my tribe elsewhere.
So I think at least some of your "experiences" you have described are kundalini driven, and you think that I don't feel the Holy Spirit's Presence, or believe in His Power.

How about taking some responsibility for feeling like we aren't friends?

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
I like this , I believe this...Just wanted to post this...
I believe the word of God , where the word tells us that we can only call on the name of the LORD , by the Holy Spirit...

1 Corinthians 12:3
Therefore I want you to know that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus be cursed," and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit.

Children of God , brothers & sisters , do you find yourself calling on our LORD & Savior , then you belong to Him...xox...

CS1

May 23, 2012
You left off what happened.
It says while peter was yet speaking.

You got a problem with what is says,not what i am saying.

"While he was speaking "means he did not get out all his sentences.
It means litterally "before he finished"

So,they were moved upon by the Holy Spirit AND SPAKE IN TONGUES prior to being born again.

You need that verse omitted.

You framed that without that verse.
Your claim can not be defended.
Your centering that event on your "knowledge".
Your knowledge tells you it can not happen.
And yet many were emersed in the Holy Spirit outside of the new covenant.

I don't need acts 10 to fit a doctrine.
It says what it does.
When repeated it is too dificult to accept

""nowhere does the context even suggest they were not saved and received the empowering of the Holy Spirit before conversion. ""

That means they ,according to your logic,were saved but not baptised before peter started speaking.
You claim vs 37 "that word that you know" means they were saved but not baptised.

And yet they are the first gentile converts which the jews were astonished AFTER they spoke in tongues.
IOW you have no case,which is WHY you need that verse "while peter spoke" eliminated.

that is your opinion you can make your point personal all you want. " While Peter was YET speaking " is not the doctrinal context to the full chapter of Acts 10. I did not omit any verse that is a false narrative you are trying to project of me.

IF you are framing the full chapter of Acts 10 on " while Peter was yet Speaking" as your foundational text for one being saved after receiving the Holy Spirit while not taking every salvation in the Book of Acts and the Empowering of the Holy Spirit as it is recorded, you are in error.

It is not my knowledge it is the full word of God I am not the one who said
"I don't need acts 10 to fit a doctrine."

You did. Without all of Chapter 10 verses, 1- 48 and you think " while Peter was yet Speaking" is it? What is said before and after provides the full context to what happened in verse 44? Without all of the Chapter, you would be right.

You suggest I omitted verse 44 I did not but you stated you do not need Acts 10 to fit a doctrine.

I leave those here to witness and judge for themselves.

Good day

E

eternally-gratefull

It’s too bad EG. I thought of you, decon, penned as friends at one point.

Am joining my tribe elsewhere.
Maybe try to learn about people instead of trying to destroy everything they try to show you. Them mocking them

And ps...we are your friends it’s why we are so worried

E

eternally-gratefull

very catty the way you gang up on others and speak about them to their face behind their back

and then you go 'heard it from many people'

slimy
Yet. It’s what you do every day, so I guess you should know

7seasrekeyed

I believe the word of God , where the word tells us that we can only call on the name of the LORD , by the Holy Spirit...

Therefore I want you to know that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus be cursed," and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit.

Children of God , brothers & sisters , do you find yourself calling on our LORD & Savior , then you belong to Him...xox...

the verse you quote is what is disagreed about here by the cessationists

half the people here do not believe this verse or use it out of context

actually just about anyone can say Jesus is Lord but God knows who actually lives it

words are cheap

do you really think stones deserves that kind of disrespect from eg ?

she has explained her point of view over and over and over and he disagrees

so to him that is unacceptable

the manipulation being pulled here is between those who do not like what stones said

I would be careful who I gang up on with eg. it could be you tomorrow if you disagree with him often enough

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
the verse you quote is what is disagreed about here by the cessationists

half the people here do not believe this verse or use it out of context

actually just about anyone can say Jesus is Lord but God knows who actually lives it

words are cheap

do you really think stones deserves that kind of disrespect from eg ?

she has explained her point of view over and over and over and he disagrees

so to him that is unacceptable

the manipulation being pulled here is between those who do not like what stones said

I would be careful who I gang up on with eg. it could be you tomorrow if you disagree with him often enough
I posted it because it is true...
Why have you brought names into my post...
I have not joined in nor ganged up with anyone , it is just a post I made like everyone else...
I love Stones and EG , and all my brothers and sisters in Christ , but I certainly would not gang up on anyone , that is bullying , not Christ like at all...xox...

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect,
1 Peter 3:15 ESV
https://bible.com/bible/59/1pe.3.15.ESV

Thanks be to our Lord and Savior, our only true Hope. I am so thankful that His strength is perfected in our weaknesses. The Lord knows we all need Him desperately. I know I do. Love to all my Brethren in Christ.

7seasrekeyed

I have not joined in nor ganged up with anyone , it is just a post I made like everyone else...
I love Stones and EG , and all my brothers and sisters in Christ , but I certainly would not gang up on anyone , that is bullying , not Christ like at all...xox...
you did not post what QUALIFIES what Joel is talking about

Joel is NOT saying God will pour out His Spirit on ALL flesh

this is what He is actually saying:

“And afterward,
I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your old men will dream dreams,
your young men will see visions.

29 Even on my servants, both men and women,
I will pour out my Spirit in those days.

30 I will show wonders in the heavens
and on the earth,
blood and fire and billows of smoke.
31 The sun will be turned to darkness
and the moon to blood
before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord.
32 And everyone who calls
on the name of the Lord will be saved;
for on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem
there will be deliverance,
as the Lord has said,
even among the survivors
whom the Lord calls.

so, God is pouring out His Spirit and we read what the result of that is...prophesying, dreams and visions

half the people here do not believe that and do not believe in the spiritual gifts so posting that verse by itself completely ignores what is really being said by the prophet Joel. you might not know that, but that is known by those who do not believe it

on who? not on everyone...only on His servants

so, not on everyone and certainly not on those who are cessationists

big difference when you see the verse in context

we have all seen the sensational videos and we all have said we do not agree with how people act in them

so no use to cover that rhetoric again

Maybe try to learn about people instead of trying to destroy everything they try to show you. Them mocking them

you liked this post from eg...2305...where he talks smack to Stones and lies about how she posts

why would you like such nastiness?

stones is trying to destroy everything HE trys to show her?

ridiculous!

7seasrekeyed

I know that Rosemary

that is why I have tried to show you what is really going on here

I have never seen you as a bully

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014

Sorry ,
you did not post what QUALIFIES what Joel is talking about

Joel is NOT saying God will pour out His Spirit on ALL flesh

this is what He is actually saying:

“And afterward,
I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your old men will dream dreams,
your young men will see visions.

29 Even on my servants, both men and women,
I will pour out my Spirit in those days.

30 I will show wonders in the heavens
and on the earth,
blood and fire and billows of smoke.
31 The sun will be turned to darkness
and the moon to blood
before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord.
32 And everyone who calls
on the name of the Lord will be saved;
for on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem
there will be deliverance,
as the Lord has said,
even among the survivors
whom the Lord calls.

so, God is pouring out His Spirit and we read what the result of that is...prophesying, dreams and visions

half the people here do not believe that and do not believe in the spiritual gifts so posting that verse by itself completely ignores what is really being said by the prophet Joel. you might not know that, but that is known by those who do not believe it

on who? not on everyone...only on His servants

so, not on everyone and certainly not on those who are cessationists

big difference when you see the verse in context

we have all seen the sensational videos and we all have said we do not agree with how people act in them

so no use to cover that rhetoric again

you liked this post from eg...2305...where he talks smack to Stones and lies about how she posts

why would you like such nastiness?

stones is trying to destroy everything HE trys to show her?

ridiculous!
Maby you should leave Joel 2 in the context in which it belongs. Its talking and meaning about the folk of Israel.
Taking verses out of context mostly bring confusion and leading in a false direction.

E

eternally-gratefull

You have to remember if you disagree with tongues or any gifting 7seas will shun, attack and try to destroy your character. So consider the source. You just stated what you believe and that’s not always a good thing to some people

Dec 12, 2013

Amen.... I do not consider @stonesoffire an enemy at all.....I just adamently disagree with a few things she holds to and believes.......and birds of a feather do what exactly....!!

7seasrekeyed

I guess I just jumped in without seeing the whole picture...
For that I am sorry...xox...

yes. I pretty much figured that

people are going to disagree but please do not get sucked into the personal grudges that some people carry around

the whole picture is the actual picture

you have nothing to be sorry about.

I know I sounded ruff and gruff, but I was so miffed at what was said about stones by someone who calls her 'sis' all the time but then just flips it and says something that is not characteristic of her at all

she has tried very hard, if anyone has, to put out what she believes and multiple times with the same person and then her words are twisted and made to sound very different from what she actually said

as I have had this done by the same person in times gone past, I see what is being done and frankly it needs to be brought up and dealt with

others have also had the same treatment

anyway, I hope you see the entire context of what Joel wrote all those many many years ago

we may not always like it and we may not always understand, but we still have to look with both eyes at what is written and pray for our prejudice and religious ideas to be put aside

7seasrekeyed

You did not judge sis. Nothing to be sorry for. Just speak your mind

that's nice

maybe accord other people the same thing instead of accusing them as you have done

Rosemary didn't judge, but you do so all the time