Born Again Speaking in Tongues

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
If there isn't a shred of evidence for that interpretation anywhere in the tongue of God, Scripture? Where can we find it? Is it a unknow tongue as a unknown wonderment ?

Tongues is prophecy . What do you think the new language of a believers is when he offers the gospel that can drive our demons (lying spirits) Is it if God make a noise without meaning and it scares the pants off them demons and will it cast them out? That kind of new tongue? Boo?
It would really help if you would track the conversation more carefully. The interpretation for which there is no evidence in Scripture is your interpretation that the gospel is the new tongue.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
And here I thought the mocking was for those who "yet for all prophecy to in include tongue they refused to hear". Do you fall backward? It mark the ones that mock God and see no evil in doing so . Those who yet for all prophecy to in include tongue they refused to hear prophecy the tongue of God
YOUR mockery reflects on you.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
ASV And these signs shall accompany them that believe: in my name shall they cast out demons; they shall speak with new tongues

The believers speaks the new tongue (gospel) in the name of the lord, as it is written. With their new tongue (not Boo) the word of God as His tongue it cast them out .
The plural, "tongues", is right there in front of you, but you change it to the singular and claim that it means "the gospel".

Your position is simply wrong.

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
Peter quotes the prophet Joel on the day of Pentecost and explains it as follows:

But Peter, standing with the eleven, lifted up his voice and addressed them, "Men of Judea and all who dwell in Jerusalem, let this be known to you, and give ear to my words. For these men are not drunk, as you suppose, since it is only the third hour of the day; but this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel: 'And in the last days it shall be, God declares, that I will pour out my Spirit upon all flesh, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams; yea, and on my menservants and my maidservants in those days I will pour out my Spirit; and they shall prophesy. And I will show wonders in the heaven above and signs on the earth beneath, blood, and fire, and vapor of smoke; the sun shall be turned into darkness and the moon into blood, before the day of the Lord comes, the great and manifest day. And it shall be that whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.'"

so again we see that God does not pour out His Spirit willy nilly but only on those who call on His name

it is important to remember that the Holy Spirit convicts of sin, so, if a person is not saved and has not turned from sin, God is not pouring out His Spirit on them except to convict them of sin and even then it does not mean they will turn to God

as we know many converts were Gentile...as we follow Paul we see him writing to Gentiles converted to belief in Christ as their Savior...so it is error to state Joel was only speaking of Israel

further, Peter states 'these' are not drunk...referring to the 119 people behind him speaking in tongues...so we do see that speaking in
tongues can be misinterpreted as something not of God as we have seen a number doing in this thread and in other threads that discuss the gifts of the Holy Spirit

it is vital to understand the order of the book of Acts and the fact that Peter told the gathered crowd below the building from which he spoke, that that which they were witnessing was the fulfillment of the prophecy of Joel in the book by the same name

there is only one gospel and those of us who are following Christ here and do speak in tongues and do have various spiritual gifts, have said so countless times while those who apparently are not afraid to lie, continue to accuse us and state ridiculous things that no one has said
Even Peter qoute Joel 2, this what happend in acts 2 only can be a partly fulfillment of Joel 2. Otherwise Israel would live in acts 2 in a peaceful condition. It is not serious to take verses out of the context.
Today many pentecostsls take Joel 2 as a fulfillment for what happend in Topeka/Azusa and missing the fact that Joel was written for jews only!

7seasrekeyed

When I read the OP I see someone giving "tongues" center stage, and he rationalizes his position by connecting it to salvation thinking he has a foolproof formula.

As we all know compete nonsense.
LOL! even though you have chosen to ignore me, your rationalization that 'we all know' is as much an appeal to ignorance as
anything else

7seasrekeyed

Even Peter qoute Joel 2, this what happend in acts 2 only can be a partly fulfillment of Joel 2. Otherwise Israel would live in acts 2 in a peaceful condition. It is not serious to take verses out of the context.
Today many pentecostsls take Joel 2 as a fulfillment for what happend in Topeka/Azusa and missing the fact that Joel was written for jews only!
oh that's a real slippery slope you are on there

ignoring what Peter said and inserting you own fallacies and the usual red herring

I quoted scripture. you quote a book that I never quoted from, but that suits you because you cannot deal with actual scripture

next

7seasrekeyed

I think perhaps because many people either want and/or believe 'modern tongues' to be something that it is simply not.
many people want to and do believe in Jesus

you, on the other hand, do not and you also refuse to say what you do believe

in that light, you are not to be considered a credible source and people use you to give a little lift to their ow prejudices

I guess that benefits both parties as sad as that is :rolleyes:

Kavik

Mar 25, 2017
many people want to and do believe in Jesus
Yes, of course, but that has nothing to do with 'tongues'; He Himself never engaged in the the modern concept of tongues. He did, of course, speak in other 'tongues' (read (real rational) 'languages'), i.e. other than his native Aramaic - Hebrew, some Greek, and maybe a bit of Latin.

7seasrekeyed

Yes, of course, but that has nothing to do with 'tongues'; He Himself never engaged in the the modern concept of tongues. He did, of course, speak in other 'tongues' (read (real rational) 'languages'), i.e. other than his native Aramaic - Hebrew, some Greek, and maybe a bit of Latin.
how about the rest of what I said?

you are not a believer so your viewpoint is going to be without any regard for what Christians believe

your point?

oh wait

you don't have one

and since you refuse to acknowledge your own beliefs, there is really nothing to discuss other than to note you do not even acknowledge the Bible as God's word. refusing to state what you do actually believe leaves you in the limbo of listen to me but
I really do not have any reason for you to do so

even cessationists here acknowledge the Bible is God's word

yes of course indeed

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
I think, there are no more legit discussions of the words of God here...i need to shun this time for now until s
Once again

This thread is not about tongues or gifting. it is about the false gospel that one must be baptised in water and speak tongues to be saved.

All these people defending this truth because they are tryign to defend tongues just show their true colors.
EG, i think those that believe the false gospel of the need to baptize in water can no longer hold on the scriptures, only hope they will realize that only Jesus saves by placing their faith on him who did the salvation for us. It's really not about religion of do bur rather a relationship base on what has been done by God on the Cross of Calvary. The pure gospel must be preached to countless people and lovingly told to those who believe the false way. We must preach the gospel to every creature, to everywhere.

God bless

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
don't let anyone fool you

every person I know who knows the spiritual gifts are real, believes that only the blood of Christ shed for us, cleanses us from sin

there is no other way to God but through our Lord Jesus Christ

a few people here are claiming we have more than one gospel and this is a disgusting lie and they know it

certain people try to spread false information to have things the way they want. they have a deep need to be in control and when they cannot get what they want, they stoop to lying and spreading false information and accusations

this is being done in this thread

there is but one gospel and myself and others here have never said anything else

don't give credence to the false accusation that we believe more than one gospel

when people lie like that, you have to wonder what spirit is behind that lie

certainly not the Holy Spirit because He does not lie
I guess. this is not honest approach on this thread saying others have never said anything else of the false gospel. I believe there is only a true gospel and it is only a pretense that in this thread others believe in the pure gospel while mixing it with water baptism. Isn't that a lie?
Paul wrote to the Galatians:​
"I marvel that ye are so soon removed from Him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel; which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed." (Galatians1:6-9)

7seasrekeyed

I guess. this is not honest approach on this thread saying others have never said anything else of the false gospel. I believe there is only a true gospel and it is only a pretense that in this thread others believe in the pure gospel while mixing it with water baptism. Isn't that a lie?
Paul wrote to the Galatians:​
"I marvel that ye are so soon removed from Him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel; which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed." (Galatians1:6-9)
the devils also tremble

we should be careful what we give our ears to

there is only one gospel and that is salvation through Jesus Christ

why quote me? I simply quoted scripture

I believe that the blood of Christ shed for our sins is all that is required for salvation

some here misrepresent what I say or others say. that is their problem which they need to acknowledge if there is any hope

we cannot add to salvation

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
the devils also tremble

we should be careful what we give our ears to

there is only one gospel and that is salvation through Jesus Christ

why quote me? I simply quoted scripture

I believe that the blood of Christ shed for our sins is all that is required for salvation

some here misrepresent what I say or others say. that is their problem which they need to acknowledge if there is any hope

we cannot add to salvation
Thanks for clarifying. God bless

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014

ignoring what Peter said and inserting you own fallacies and the usual red herring

I quoted scripture. you quote a book that I never quoted from, but that suits you because you cannot deal with actual scripture

next
Then you maby should study bible first. Its common knowledge that you cant use scripture out of the context without going on a false trail

U

UnderGrace

Key word, we are indeed talking about a human trait, language, with a body of scientific research that defines it, modern day glossolalia does not meet the criteria.

Trying to disconnect modern day glossolalia from our understanding, research and knowledge of 'language" .....is to me... by way of analogy....... like stating a medical doctor has no place in offering an opinion on whether someone has been healed.

It really is not good methodology.

Mar 28, 2016

next
Why the new manner of prophecy called tongues? Was there a problem with the Hebrew tongue ?

Where do you find the foundation of the tongue doctrines quoted .And why is God mocking the faithless Jews as part of it. What does the sign confirm?

Mar 28, 2016
The plural, "tongues", is right there in front of you, but you change it to the singular and claim that it means "the gospel".

Your position is simply wrong.

Yes "they" plural , it is new to everyone who first believes. What do you think it means ? I think it represents the gospel is the criteria for casting out lying spirits .

Mark 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

One tongue of Christ the gospel, per person

7seasrekeyed

Then you maby should study bible first. Its common knowledge that you cant use scripture out of the context without going on a false trail
so you cannot properly respond

didn't think you would

you give a non sequitur response far too often for an individual that tells others to study the Bible

you obviously have 0 integrity or you would try to delve into the Bible you pretend to know all about

7seasrekeyed

Why the new manner of prophecy called tongues? Was there a problem with the Hebrew tongue ?

Where do you find the foundation of the tongue doctrines quoted .And why is God mocking the faithless Jews as part of it. What does the sign confirm?

dear garee

once again, because I do not want you to waste your time, I am not going to respond to this vacuous type of post

when and if, you can actually put together something the average mind can make sense of, I will oblige

until then, please content yourself with Dino who obviously has more patience with your nonsense than I do

sincerely

7seasrekeyed