Born Again Speaking in Tongues

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
This group of believers abused the gifts of the Holy Spirit and were trying to speak in tongues of their own volition and not the moving of the Holy Spirit.
I see absolutely no evidence for this in Scripture.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Yes they are all active today with what we do have. . . the whole revealed will of God , the perfect law sealed up till the end of time.
The gifts Paul notes in 1 Corinthians are not the written text of the Bible.

Some are looking for a alternative source of faith to confirm something .
Who are these "some"? Identify them with quotations please. You accused me of doing this, and have provided no evidence. Now you're dodging and accusing the nameless "some" of the same thing.

Get some integrity; either produce quotations or withdraw the accusations. I do expect you to withdraw your accusation against me, and you have not done so yet.

And yes believers cast them out with the new tongue. the gospel . Not by the toe of their sandals . Not like the disciples they tried to cast them out without the gospel .They refused to vacate the premises'.
It's really better if you don't make comments on subjects about which you clearly know so little.

U

UnderGrace

Yes - the way I like to explain it on occasion is that "tongues" are not gibberish - gibberish does not try to mimic real language; glossolalia does.

The "non-cognitive" part of the term "non-cognitive non-language utterance" (NC-NLU) is, as I mentioned, perhaps a bit of a misnomer. I tend to think that the person who coined the term (not me) meant it in the sense that either the speaker isn't really consciously thinking about what s/he is producing, and/or the language producing centers of the brain aren't going to be used all that much in its production (as the often quoted Univ. of Penn. study done several years ago demonstrated). In a way, it's a bit like when you blink your eyes during the normal course of a day; there's no real conscious thought process involved - it's just done. In that sense it can be said to be essentially a "non-cognitive" process. I think that's the gist of the "NC" part of NC-NLU.

I do agree with what you say further above. Yes, definitely - for some 'speakers' it is initially a very cognitive process as they "learn" to speak in 'tongues'. Once they kind of 'get the hang of it', it becomes essentially a non-cognitive (as described above) process.
Agree, and people exposed to "glossolia" are having it modeled to them, part of the learning process.

Jul 23, 2018
So much "expert" knowledge from those that do not speak in tongues,nor include verses that destroy their skewed assumptions.

Agenda much

7seasrekeyed

I see absolutely no evidence for this in Scripture.
neither does he

but he's gotta 'keep face'

the intelligent comments from some folks here are becoming as rare as a Brontosaurus in your bathtub

7seasrekeyed

I laughed so hard in my bubble bath, my rubber ducky almost capsized.
I am truly at the point where laughing at the desperate denials being served up, is comedic relief in an otherwise hostile thread

7seasrekeyed

That's your choice.

Who will you focus upon? Yourself or Christ?

For the cause of Christ
Roger

would you be able to tell the difference?

LOL!

anyway it's not up to you :geek:

notuptome

May 17, 2013
neither does he

but he's gotta 'keep face'

the intelligent comments from some folks here are becoming as rare as a Brontosaurus in your bathtub
Still a little shrill. Some simply will not receive truth only the thrill.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Seems to me you are the one with a burr under your saddle. If you have something of consequence to offer feel at liberty to share it with us. You do not rise to the level of meriting anger. Sorry to disappoint.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

7seasrekeyed

Seems to me you are the one with a burr under your saddle. If you have something of consequence to offer feel at liberty to share it with us. You do not rise to the level of meriting anger. Sorry to disappoint.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

I suppose it works for cats too

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
That's your choice.

Who will you focus upon? Yourself or Christ?

For the cause of Christ
Roger
What a silly question. Next time, present scriptural evidence supporting your position instead of inane commentary.

7seasrekeyed

Apart from knowledge you are bound to be void of understanding. Without understanding you cannot attain wisdom.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
well you know what they say

don't try to teach someone anything you know zilch about

notuptome

May 17, 2013
What a silly question. Next time, present scriptural evidence supporting your position instead of inane commentary.
Your response is sufficient answer in and of itself.

For the cause of Christ
Roger