Bourdain Dead

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Huckleberry

Aug 25, 2013
Shocked and saddened by the news of Anthony Bourdain's death this morning.
I enjoyed his show No Reservations back in the 2000s when I had cable.
He had this uncanny knack for making you want to go to some crap
hole of a country and eat the heart of a snake or maggot-fried rice.
RIP Bourdain.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Another celebrity, loved and respected by millions, who "had it all"... committing suicide.

That should, once again, give us pause to reflect on the world's definition of "all."

-------

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Is there a possibility that this was murder rather than suicide? Same for Kate Spade. There have been a lot of murders lately all being reported as *suicide*, which is very convenient for all concerned (especially the perps).

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Is there a possibility that this was murder rather than suicide? Same for Kate Spade. There have been a lot of murders lately all being reported as *suicide*, which is very convenient for all concerned (especially the perps).
I was wondering this. Kate Spade hung herself, according to reports I heard. Women don’t usually commit suicide by hanging themselves. I just thought something wasn’t right.

Then, another suicide? Seemed very weird!

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Women don’t usually commit suicide by hanging themselves. I just thought something wasn’t right.
And that too on "a door knob" from what I gathered. That sounds bizarre. There have been a lot of cover ups over the recent past, the most blatant one being the death of Justice Antonio Scalia.

It then took hours for authorities in remote West Texas to find a justice of the peace, officials said Sunday. When they did, Presidio County Judge Cinderela Guevara pronounced Scalia dead of natural causes without seeing the body — which is permissible under Texas law — and without ordering an autopsy.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.1ec57cd12838

Then we have Seth Rich, and other whistle blowers suddenly deciding to commit suicide. Very convenient.

Huckleberry

Aug 25, 2013
My first thought when his death was being reported as suicide was "I doubt it."

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
It's a strange world: celebrities do kill themselves, but strange murders also occur.
I'm open to new data.

-------

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
It's a strange world: celebrities do kill themselves, but strange murders also occur.
I'm open to new data.
We need to have Columbo go and investigate all these *suicides*.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
The strange thing about Bourdain, was that he was in France, in the middle of making a movie. So, he didn't have the signs and markers of a depressed person. People who are involved in life, doing all kinds of interesting things don't have the right profile for suicide. If the film was done, and he was empty and wondering what to do next, or maybe the film had bombed, that would be different.

So, Colombo it is!

SaintMichaels

Jun 6, 2018
RIP Bourdain.
Very shocking. He was in France to film a cooking episode. What on earth would make him hang himself? Very sad.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Very shocking. He was in France to film a cooking episode. What on earth would make him hang himself? Very sad.
But was it suicide, is the question! It makes no sense. I know a lot about MI. I run a bipolar group, we have suicidal people a lot. We work with them, and support them. He may not have had that. But, I just don't see the why? People seem to think there is no "why?" With MI, but there is usually always a reason, even for bipolar disorder.

Now, we don't know everything about his life, but it just stinks to high heavens to me, despite the police reports that no foul play was involved.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
the most used methods of suicide are overdose or by gun. Very rarely do people hang themselves, especially from a door knob, of all things. But yes, I agree, very suspicious indeed, all these so-called "suicides" which are really murders disguised as suicides.. :/

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Look at David Carradine. They say he hung himself, yet he was found naked, gagged AND tied up inside a closet.. How on earth did he hang himself, if his hands were tied up? That would've been physically impossible for him to do..

SaintMichaels

Jun 6, 2018
But was it suicide, is the question! It makes no sense. I know a lot about MI. I run a bipolar group, we have suicidal people a lot. We work with them, and support them. He may not have had that. But, I just don't see the why? People seem to think there is no "why?" With MI, but there is usually always a reason, even for bipolar disorder.

Now, we don't know everything about his life, but it just stinks to high heavens to me, despite the police reports that no foul play was involved.
Doesn't pass the smell test with me either.
And with no reporting indicating an autopsy scheduled to confirm, it seems just way too fast for authorities in France to say he passed from a confirmed, or apparent, suicide by hanging.
He was in the country to film his show. He has a new book coming out, the wife is a fan. None of it makes sense. And how easy is it to get away with murder framing it to look like a suicide.
I hope there's an investigation. Because it just seems odd he'd kill himself there when he traveled to France in good spirits.

SaintMichaels

Jun 6, 2018
Look at David Carradine. They say he hung himself, yet he was found naked, gagged AND tied up inside a closet.. How on earth did he hang himself, if his hands were tied up? That would've been physically impossible for him to do..
I have never believed David committed suicide. What better way to shame a man after death than to have him reportedly found like that? In an auto-erotic bondage suicide? No way.

Just that quick the French authorities have determined Mr.Bourdain's case is closed. New York Times

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Are you referring to David Carradine?
His death was determined to be accidental.

How could it be accidental when he was found with his hands tied? He sure couldn't have hung himself.. Not to mention, the death photos they took at the scene show blood all over his head. THAT does NOT happen in a normal hanging..

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
RIP Bourdain.
I enjoyed No Reservations also and was sadden by the news of his death. I guess that he went to Parts Unknown.

SaintMichaels

Jun 6, 2018
Are you referring to David Carradine?
His death was determined to be accidental.
OK, that's better that what I heard back when it was breaking news. Thank you for correcting my thought on his passing.

L

LaVieEnRose

How could it be accidental when he was found with his hands tied? He sure couldn't have hung himself.. Not to mention, the death photos they took at the scene show blood all over his head. THAT does NOT happen in a normal hanging..
I’ll send you a pm.