BREAKING COVENANT

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
If you don't know I ain't gunna tel ya. LOL just kidding

On a more serious note. I spoke of experiences both Karraster and I have had before you came into our lives.
Are you offended by Karrasters conversation with me?
We all error in our actions, but some error in judgement because of not wanting to learn, and that's the difference.
Study to show yourself. Arguing is not scriptural.
Yes I break the commandments with my carnal attitude sometimes, and that causes me great chagrin.

Now it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that your questions are leading because we all know that answers, including you. And we all know why you have asked them.

Jesus gave a good example of this in (Mt 5:27,28) when he addressed the people and said this... 'You have heard it has been said, Thou shalt not commit adultery', (why he did not refer to the Law in this case I do not know) but I say that anyone who so much as looks upon a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery already in his heart'. QUILTY, QUILTY of ADULTERY. Quite a comment from our Lord, don't you think, that you could break the commandment with lust in the heart without committing the physical act. Just what kind of doctrine is this? Man, is the Lord tough or what! I wonder how we could apply that to all the other forms of lust that the human heart gets involved with from time to time and no one is the wiser (the wife nor the husband) except the Lord above and the word that penetrates and divides asunder the soul and spirit and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart (Heb 4:12).

We probably have 100's of thoughts and imaginations every single day that qualify as to breaking the commandments and the violating the righteousness of God's law of holiness and just how many of those have we repented of, ZERO, cause it keeps happening. But, the love of God once again has covered a multitude of our sins and transgressions. The love of God covering sin, how strange that is to some who like to keep the commandment in the flesh and judge others who do not. Oh well, just some thoughts to consider, remember, no arguing.
 
So you are, without question saying I am insincere in my questions.
This seems to be an epidemic here. There appear to be several people responding to the same questions, questions not put to them, answering things not addressed to them This is very confusing. In the future I will try to pay closer attention to whom I am conversing. My intention was try to express the basis of my desire for purity and obedience. Love.
And where that love came from, and who that love the Holy Spirit especially leans the heart toward. But this seems to have degenerated into something I do not understand or deal with well. If you want to teach me, and you appear to believe this is your primary calling above the simple call to love, this is not the way.
Presumptions about motives and quoting out of context. Thank you anyway. I will find another place to post.

Now I answered your questions with sincerity, or do you not think I was honest with you? If you want to learn about me that's one thing. If you want to learn more about the Bible that is another thing. It's easy to see the difference as I said. When asking questions about me, that does deserve an answer, which I did. If you want to learn more about the truth in the Bible then one needs to ask questions concerning scripture, not concerning another human being. There's a difference. Ask questions about the Bible, not about how sinful and vulnerable other fallible humans are with their struggles in life. You can't learn anything about me that will edify you.
 
But I was talking about people saving themselves.
You took it further without knowing me, based on assumptions.

Thank You.

You mentioned it first, I didn't. So I have come to a conclusion. I will obey scripture.

But refuse foolish and ignorant speculations, knowing that they produce quarrels. 2 Timothy 2:23

Now accept the one who is weak in faith, but not for the purpose of passing judgment on his opinions. Romans 14:1

 
Jesus gave a good example of this in (Mt 5:27,28) when he addressed the people and said this... 'You have heard it has been said, Thou shalt not commit adultery', (why he did not refer to the Law in this case I do not know) but I say that anyone who so much as looks upon a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery already in his heart'. QUILTY, QUILTY of ADULTERY. Quite a comment from our Lord, don't you think, that you could break the commandment with lust in the heart without committing the physical act. Just what kind of doctrine is this? Man, is the Lord tough or what! I wonder how we could apply that to all the other forms of lust that the human heart gets involved with from time to time and no one is the wiser (the wife nor the husband) except the Lord above and the word that penetrates and divides asunder the soul and spirit and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart (Heb 4:12).

We probably have 100's of thoughts and imaginations every single day that qualify as to breaking the commandments and the violating the righteousness of God's law of holiness and just how many of those have we repented of, ZERO, cause it keeps happening. But, the love of God once again has covered a multitude of our sins and transgressions. The love of God covering sin, how strange that is to some who like to keep the commandment in the flesh and judge others who do not. Oh well, just some thoughts to consider, remember, no arguing.

Good point about adultery. The rhetorical question is, "Do we throw away the commandments because we cannot keep them?" Did you read my posts and how this all started? Go back to post 149 and read through to #158 and tell me what you think. There are 2 posts out of the blue after that from keren. She was saying it wasn't for her, and then the arguing started. I think it was due to conviction that doesn't want to be dealt with. Tell me what you think. It will take you a while to read it all.
 
You mentioned it first, I didn't. So I have come to a conclusion. I will obey scripture.

But refuse foolish and ignorant speculations, knowing that they produce quarrels. 2 Timothy 2:23

Now accept the one who is weak in faith, but not for the purpose of passing judgment on his opinions. Romans 14:1


That is not being mature or Spirit filled when you have the opportunity to speak the truth in love and then blame the recipient as being foolish and ignorant. You are copping out because you do not want to respond. When people get caught in a boldface lie they don't like to fess up and be a man, but rather hide behind a doctrine. Shame on you, and you are not an elder to me. I hope you come under conviction for that so that you can be restored for your transgression of presumption (Psalm 19:13).
 
God likes to use covenants. They are important to Him and should be to us…but they aren’t.

We can say with all good intent that we believe that when we make a promise we keep it and that is part of the ‘integrity’ we should all have. What is so bad is that as a society (at least in America) we have become so accustomed to breaking promises and contracts that we no longer view the covenants God makes with us with the gravity He does. The proof is in the pudding as the old saying goes – just consider the number of marriage contracts broken, the number of home and car repossessions, and the number of bankruptcies we see today. As much as we might like to say that these things happen for good reasons in our own minds, a closer look at covenants would do us well. Why should we study covenants…because according to Galatians 3:14, the covenant blessings of Abraham are also for us. “in order that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we would receive the promise of the Spirit through faith. (NAS) Only a fool would not want to know his/her obligations and benefits of a contract he/she was a part of.

To begin with, in 21[SUP]st[/SUP] century America we use the common definition of the word ‘covenant’ to determine our understanding of what it is – an agreement or contract. This is logical and acceptable for modern secular life, although ethically, it is still terrible that we go back on so many contracts, so easily. However, when pondering the status of most of our prayers – answered or unanswered, or any other aspect of our spiritual health, or anywhere that God is concerned, we need to use His meaning of the word. In order to do that, we have to look at history.

Most of us probably never even looked at our salvation as a covenant with God but we enter into Covenant when we proclaim ourselves to be “saved” or a “believer or “a Christian” or simply a “follower of Christ.” We accept God’s gift of salvation without realizing the point of it is to bring us back to that state of fellowship for which we were created. That is the purpose of His covenants. Understanding all of this, to realize that He could have simply said, “I will do this and you do that,” but instead He chose to partner with us in covenant, while being breathtakingly awe-inspiring, is at the same time, equally as humbling. God created us to have fellowship with Him, and this is proven by the fact He makes covenants with man…as if He could not be trusted to keep His word. 1 Peter 2:9 (NAS) tells us we are “…A CHOSEN RACE, A ROYAL PRIESTHOOD, A HOLY NATION, A PEOPLE FOR God's OWN POSSESSION, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light ;” The moment we enter into Covenant with God we are His…dedicated to Him much like the Nazarites of Bible times.

We do not understand Covenant God’s way. Not only do we no longer respect authority and view dependence as weakness, we refuse to practice submission – all vital components of Covenant. Currently in America the separation of church and state has accelerated the process of covenant breaking and not understanding covenant because it is meant to infiltrate all of our daily lives, and used to be integrated into all of life until we began harping on the misinterpreted phrase, “separation of church and state” issue. God blessed America for befriending Israel and being the first to recognize her as a legitimate country when she became independent in 1948. Americans lived better and had more than ever before, until we allowed the separation of church and state to pull us away from the principles we stood for and propagated in our society…and look at us now.
This is a really post. Perhaps more people should read it before commenting.:)
 
That is not being mature or Spirit filled when you have the opportunity to speak the truth in love and then blame the recipient as being foolish and ignorant. You are copping out because you do not want to respond. When people get caught in a boldface lie they don't like to fess up and be a man, but rather hide behind a doctrine. Shame on you, and you are not an elder to me. I hope you come under conviction for that so that you can be restored for your transgression of presumption (Psalm 19:13).

Who you callin a lier Brad?
 
Be it known. Leading questions of insincerity are easily detected when one asked about another personal spiritual life with an attitude of contention because of what the other person said previously. It's real easy to see. There is no edification in that.

2 Timothy 2:23-26 (KJV)
[SUP]23 [/SUP]But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.
[SUP]24 [/SUP]And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
[SUP]25 [/SUP]In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
[SUP]26 [/SUP]And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

To know why some do this is also easy to detect because of what we read in scripture. A sincere heart will search for those who can answer their questions, and those questions will be for them to understand the truth in a more clear perspective.

The difference between these two attributes are conviction, and pride, versus conviction and humility. Not hard to detect at all, and we all know who is behind it all. That's the simple version, but there are many more subtle things to be vigilant about. One thing I must also add, those that want to throw away parts of scripture assist our opponent, and probably don't even know it.
 
That is not being mature or Spirit filled when you have the opportunity to speak the truth in love and then blame the recipient as being foolish and ignorant. You are copping out because you do not want to respond. When people get caught in a boldface lie they don't like to fess up and be a man, but rather hide behind a doctrine. Shame on you, and you are not an elder to me. I hope you come under conviction for that so that you can be restored for your transgression of presumption (Psalm 19:13).

The Bible says to cop out when it gets to that point doesn't it? What post did just-us-2 lie on? I'll rip her one when I see it. That ain't right!!! Give me the number!!! I'm gettin' a little upset now.
 
Last edited:
God likes to use covenants. They are important to Him and should be to us…but they aren’t.

We can say with all good intent that we believe that when we make a promise we keep it and that is part of the ‘integrity’ we should all have. What is so bad is that as a society (at least in America) we have become so accustomed to breaking promises and contracts that we no longer view the covenants God makes with us with the gravity He does. The proof is in the pudding as the old saying goes – just consider the number of marriage contracts broken, the number of home and car repossessions, and the number of bankruptcies we see today. As much as we might like to say that these things happen for good reasons in our own minds, a closer look at covenants would do us well. Why should we study covenants…because according to Galatians 3:14, the covenant blessings of Abraham are also for us. “in order that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we would receive the promise of the Spirit through faith. (NAS) Only a fool would not want to know his/her obligations and benefits of a contract he/she was a part of.

To begin with, in 21[SUP]st[/SUP] century America we use the common definition of the word ‘covenant’ to determine our understanding of what it is – an agreement or contract. This is logical and acceptable for modern secular life, although ethically, it is still terrible that we go back on so many contracts, so easily. However, when pondering the status of most of our prayers – answered or unanswered, or any other aspect of our spiritual health, or anywhere that God is concerned, we need to use His meaning of the word. In order to do that, we have to look at history.

Most of us probably never even looked at our salvation as a covenant with God but we enter into Covenant when we proclaim ourselves to be “saved” or a “believer or “a Christian” or simply a “follower of Christ.” We accept God’s gift of salvation without realizing the point of it is to bring us back to that state of fellowship for which we were created. That is the purpose of His covenants. Understanding all of this, to realize that He could have simply said, “I will do this and you do that,” but instead He chose to partner with us in covenant, while being breathtakingly awe-inspiring, is at the same time, equally as humbling. God created us to have fellowship with Him, and this is proven by the fact He makes covenants with man…as if He could not be trusted to keep His word. 1 Peter 2:9 (NAS) tells us we are “…A CHOSEN RACE, A ROYAL PRIESTHOOD, A HOLY NATION, A PEOPLE FOR God's OWN POSSESSION, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light ;” The moment we enter into Covenant with God we are His…dedicated to Him much like the Nazarites of Bible times.

We do not understand Covenant God’s way. Not only do we no longer respect authority and view dependence as weakness, we refuse to practice submission – all vital components of Covenant. Currently in America the separation of church and state has accelerated the process of covenant breaking and not understanding covenant because it is meant to infiltrate all of our daily lives, and used to be integrated into all of life until we began harping on the misinterpreted phrase, “separation of church and state” issue. God blessed America for befriending Israel and being the first to recognize her as a legitimate country when she became independent in 1948. Americans lived better and had more than ever before, until we allowed the separation of church and state to pull us away from the principles we stood for and propagated in our society…and look at us now.
yea its pretty much gone to crap. ButThere are many that know Him and follow Him, but we dont run this country
 
This is a really post. Perhaps more people should read it before commenting.:)

I agree! :) It was started to help other Christians draw closer in the all-important relationship with Christ, but I knew when I posted the op that those who have no desire to learn, those who think they are fine without changing anything, who think they know all the answers and do not need to learn from others, and those who don't know or care what it really means to edify one another, would raise cain and make a nasty situation out of a well-intended sharing of what our Father showed me in His Word. Oh well, such is professed Christianity these days. If anyone learned or was prompted to dig further by what I posted, i have accomplished the mission Father gave me this time. Nearly 1500 views - people are reading and avoiding the chaos - nothing against them - Father gives us each different jobs to do.
 
I agree! :) It was started to help other Christians draw closer in the all-important relationship with Christ, but I knew when I posted the op that those who have no desire to learn, those who think they are fine without changing anything, who think they know all the answers and do not need to learn from others, and those who don't know or care what it really means to edify one another, would raise cain and make a nasty situation out of a well-intended sharing of what our Father showed me in His Word. Oh well, such is professed Christianity these days. If anyone learned or was prompted to dig further by what I posted, i have accomplished the mission Father gave me this time. Nearly 1500 views - people are reading and avoiding the chaos - nothing against them - Father gives us each different jobs to do.

Ayyy, nothin new under the sun, just like Solomon said. Hey, I never could figure out, if he was so wise, why in the world did he have all those wives? lol man,
 
That is not being mature or Spirit filled when you have the opportunity to speak the truth in love and then blame the recipient as being foolish and ignorant. You are copping out because you do not want to respond. When people get caught in a boldface lie they don't like to fess up and be a man, but rather hide behind a doctrine. Shame on you, and you are not an elder to me. I hope you come under conviction for that so that you can be restored for your transgression of presumption (Psalm 19:13).

Maybe you should read the entire thread or at least what was posted by me before this mess started today, before you speak out of school.
Oh, by the way where did I lie? Which post? And back up your position with scripture.
 
Hey, don't worry about it. You did the work putting all this together. It's just sad when people have so little respect for their fellow man. they cheat themselves. You have a lot of good information here, and it has already been a blessing to some who would receive it. Thank you.

Since I read about the salt covenant, I did some reading elsewhere about it. Did you know that weddings use it as part of their ceremony? I didn't, cos I'd never heard of it. Anyway, interesting.:)
 
Ayyy, nothin new under the sun, just like Solomon said. Hey, I never could figure out, if he was so wise, why in the world did he have all those wives? lol man,

I looked into the law and found nowhere that it said that more than one wife is against the law. Nevertheless, I think common sense prevails with that concept. I couldn't handle any more than one. That's a big challenge within itself. LOL

Hope she doesn't get on my puter and read this. It will be sheol for sure. LOL
 
I looked into the law and found nowhere that it said that more than one wife is against the law. Nevertheless, I think common sense prevails with that concept. I couldn't handle any more than one. That's a big challenge within itself. LOL

Hope she doesn't get on my puter and read this. It will be sheol for sure. LOL

Hurry! Run get some flowers just in case!:)
 
Hey, don't worry about it. You did the work putting all this together. It's just sad when people have so little respect for their fellow man. they cheat themselves. You have a lot of good information here, and it has already been a blessing to some who would receive it. Thank you.

Since I read about the salt covenant, I did some reading elsewhere about it. Did you know that weddings use it as part of their ceremony? I didn't, cos I'd never heard of it. Anyway, interesting.:)

I did read that and it surprised me too! I read so much as I studied this that was new it was hard to make it short enough that people could read it without taking hours to wade through it all. The whole point got lost in the fray, unfortunately.
 
I looked into the law and found nowhere that it said that more than one wife is against the law. Nevertheless, I think common sense prevails with that concept. I couldn't handle any more than one. That's a big challenge within itself. LOL

Hope she doesn't get on my puter and read this. It will be sheol for sure. LOL

Hurry! Run get some flowers just in case!:)

Flowers don't make it because it always means "I'm sorry." Chocolate is better because that always says "I love you no matter what." I wonder if I ought to re-post what I wrote about covenant to hide this page, and go to the next one. Then we can start all over with contention with others instead. I can't afford chocolate. Just kidding LOL
 
Good point about adultery. The rhetorical question is, "Do we throw away the commandments because we cannot keep them?" Did you read my posts and how this all started? Go back to post 149 and read through to #158 and tell me what you think. There are 2 posts out of the blue after that from keren. She was saying it wasn't for her, and then the arguing started. I think it was due to conviction that doesn't want to be dealt with. Tell me what you think. It will take you a while to read it all.

I have already read the posts. I like her heart and the fact she articulates what is upon her heart. God has put grace in her heart so that he can establish her heart in grace and that is a good thing (Heb 13:9). I do not see any guile in what she has said whatsoever. Concerning the commandments for the NT believer is not what some have made it about. As NT believers we have been given the Spirit. We are to walk and be led of the Spirit These are actual NT commandments and facts that we are to be active in. Many of these verbs that call us to action are in the imperative mood, a mood of command or mandate and they are also in the indicative mood which is a mood of fact. Some of these commands we initiate the action by faith being in the active voice and others we receive the action of these commands by faith being in the passive voice.

Here is an example: In Eph 5 husbands are told to love their wives. The verb love is Present, Active, Imperative of agapao. The married couple is having a dispute and the Spirit brings to the mind of the husband, in a loving way, to stop and just love his wife. Right then and there he initiates the action to love his wife because it was imperative that he do that and not grieve the Spirit in him or his wife. That is a NT commandment that the husband keeps when the Spirit leads him into that action. It does not mean that he doesn't love his wife at others times but it is imperative that he does it then and there at that present time as his own flesh. The believing husband was quickened by the Spirit through the word to obey a specific command to love his wife.

An interesting note is that the scriptures never mandate the wife to love her husband. It does not mean she is not to love him, it's just means that she is not mandated to do so. However, she is strongly encouraged to take every occasion spontaneously and otherwise with godly fear to reverence her husband with a level of admiration and respect (same chapter) and to submit herself to him. Meaning that she is mandated to arrange herself under him because it is fitting in the Lord (Col 3:18). When she does this he becomes a covering for her, being over her, so that she can rest, have peace and be very productive and full of life as a woman, a wife and a mother if she has children. God honors that arrangement with tremendous blessings that go beyond the natural realm.

The commandments of the NT are not discharged in the same manner or intimacy as were the ones in the OT because we have the Spirit dwelling within. We are under grace and not the law so that we can grow in grace and knowledge through the word and doctrine and through abiding in Christ as our head to be productive and fruitful in our lives.
 
Maybe you should read the entire thread or at least what was posted by me before this mess started today, before you speak out of school.
Oh, by the way where did I lie? Which post? And back up your position with scripture.

If you have no conviction about lying then forget it until you do.