Broken and hurting

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 14, 2016
Long story short, I was engaged last year to the love of my life. Unfortunately we weren’t doing too well together for a time, there were things we were both working through, and ended up splitting apart.
I’ve hung out with her recently, as we go to the same church, and I’ve started to develop feelings toward her again. One of my roommates used to live with her, a few other younger folk and another family and has also been hanging out with her. Their relationship is like a brother/sister relationship. I think he might like her, but he expressed to me he wouldn’t ever pursue her since her and I had been engaged. I did let him know I’d been praying on if I should get back together with her or not. He let me know she still has her eye on me, too.

Basically, if I’m honest, I’m envious of what they have in a way, and I’m almost tempted to let my roommate know he should pursue her, as they really seem to be a good fit in my eyes. (I feel unfit or like I don’t meet what she needs - when I look at their interactions, I see life)

I’m not so great at relationships right now and really seem to be lacking motivation or drive in my life. It hurts when I look at how well she’s doing and how I’m kind of stuck.

I think my priorities might be in the wrong place. I don’t want to seek to be better or meet what she needs just for her because I want her. I should want to be better as a byproduct of being a Christian.

Not sure what exactly I’m asking prayer for, but I appreciate any prayer you pray for me.

Jun 14, 2016
Long story short, I was engaged last year to the love of my life. Unfortunately we weren’t doing too well together for a time, there were things we were both working through, and ended up splitting apart.
I’ve hung out with her recently, as we go to the same church, and I’ve started to develop feelings toward her again. One of my roommates used to live with her, a few other younger folk and another family and has also been hanging out with her. Their relationship is like a brother/sister relationship. I think he might like her, but he expressed to me he wouldn’t ever pursue her since her and I had been engaged. I did let him know I’d been praying on if I should get back together with her or not. He let me know she still has her eye on me, too.

Basically, if I’m honest, I’m envious of what they have in a way, and I’m almost tempted to let my roommate know he should pursue her, as they really seem to be a good fit in my eyes. (I feel unfit or like I don’t meet what she needs - when I look at their interactions, I see life)

I’m not so great at relationships right now and really seem to be lacking motivation or drive in my life. It hurts when I look at how well she’s doing and how I’m kind of stuck.

I think my priorities might be in the wrong place. I don’t want to seek to be better or meet what she needs just for her because I want her. I should want to be better as a byproduct of being a Christian.

Not sure what exactly I’m asking prayer for, but I appreciate any prayer you pray for me.
Please don’t get me wrong. I’m happy she’s doing well. It’s amazing to see her where she’s at.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
I would say kickback for a while and like you said, be who God created you to be. If there is anything between your friend and her then you'll find out and hopefully wish them the best and move on.
If you broke up with her once you should be honest and figure out what happened and if it's something fixable or if there was simply not that special kind of bonding between you and her.
One thing, you don't want to appear defeated, that's not attractive. Keeping busy and up in the Spirit is appealing and shows you put God first. I assume you are fairly young and will have a heap of choices to make, be wise. God bless!

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
I'm sorry you are not sure about the direction of your life. I will pray for Him to guide you and that you find strength and peace.

EmilyFoster

Jul 10, 2018
Hello, ManiaStar. I’m sorry you are going through so much. Be assured I’m praying, asking God to work in a powerful way in your life and fill your heart with the peace only He can bring. May He sustain you with His Spirit of love and comfort as you lean upon His grace each day. He is nearer than any person, and He knows your troubled heart as does no other. Hang in there!

Psalm 34:18 The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord bless Aephus, and this prayer, in Jesus loving name, Amen!

love_comes_softly

Feb 13, 2019

I think asking for prayer is such a huge step. Your heart is in the right place. I pray that the Lord guide and direct you in the path that He'd have you go. That doors would be opened to you and that you would find peace and joy in what He has for you, if it's with her great, if not, I still pray that same peace and joy.

I pray against hurt in your life and would encourage you not to suggest that your roommate seek a relationship with her, but to pray about it. The Lord will have his way and I think that wanting to do that is coming out of your emotions. Pray before acting.

Remember, you are very important to the Lord and through Him alone, you are worthy. He has big plans for you. I pray that you're able to trust His direction for you and that you feel comfort in whatever may come of your relationship with your Ex.

May 1, 2019
I feel broke alone and lost I dont even want to be around people or eat anything i have been faking smiles and saying its fine and i just go on with the day but u dont want to do that anymore even thou i feel like people already hate me enough

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
I feel broke alone and lost I dont even want to be around people or eat anything i have been faking smiles and saying its fine and i just go on with the day but u dont want to do that anymore even thou i feel like people already hate me enough
"Let us pray. Lord, touch this life with Your loving 'presence'. Give them strength and courage
to overcome their feeling of despair. I pray of the Holy Spirit to come upon this life with a new
energy of a positive attitude and behavior in their life. I pray they find new hope and new purpose,
and that they gain the courage to go forward with Your blessings to enhance their being alive
and that they learn to communicate with Your Divine 'presence' within their consciousness, and
to know to turn their life over to Your care, Lord. I pray of this prayer, 'to be' strongly felt."...:)
'Amen'
'Praise God'

Attachments