By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 12, 2013
Surely you agree that when we are forgiven our sins by Christ, we become like a righteous person. We are sin free. If we refuse to live as a sin free person then we are not righteous any more.

The Lord knows of our human condition, if we are human, we sin. All He asks is that we give our will to Him, to will to not sin and accept His forgiveness whenever we fail.
False........

a. A man born again eternally from above has a Spirit born from above ETERNALLY by INCORRUPTIBLE SEED that does NOT SIN

b. It is still HOUSED in a dead body of SIN (flesh) that WARS FOR CONTROL

c. The Battle GROUND IS THE MIND and the MORE ONE IS TRANSFORMED (Romans 12:1-2) the LESS they will SIN, FAIL and walk contrary.

d. NO ONE IS FULLY WITHOUT SIN this side of the transformation/resurrection.

Hence.....and written to believers.....WHERE SIN abounds, GRACE abounds the MORE. Believers are placed into a POSITIONING OF GRACE (Ephesians 2, Romans 5) and said GRACE outbounds our sin as CHRIST MEDIATES FOR US AS THE GREAT HIGH PRIEST.

If WE say that WE have NO SIN, WE are deceived and the truth is not in US. <--written by JOHN the apostle, saved, immersed, writes 5 books of the N.T. and in present tense!

It cannot be explained any better than this, which is biblical....either receive it for once in your life or continue to walk contrary!

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
Is this before or after the cross and resurrection?
Before resurection but It is new testament

Do you believe after resurrection ok to be killer as long as you believe Jesus as God, you go to heaven, killing only reduce your reward?

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
what Churches have you been to where your told to kill people ?
No church teach me to kill, but don't you believe because save not by work mean killing still go to heaven as long as you believe Jesus is God?

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
You need to be careful the police might monitor your messages.
Don't worry, I am not killer.
But you do believe If killer Being wash by His blood, he save go to heaven regardless stop killing or not, killing only reduce his reward. Salvation not by work.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
No church teach me to kill, but don't you believe because save not by work mean killing still go to heaven as long as you believe Jesus is God?
Can a person who does not know Jesus , who has killed someone be saved ? Did Jesus not die for the sins of the world ? What about someone who lies ? What about someone who stole ?

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Don't worry, I am not killer.
But you do believe If killer Being wash by His blood, he save go to heaven regardless stop killing or not, killing only reduce his reward. Salvation not by work.
Your making the mistake of not realising Jesus has died for all sins . All our sins , past, present and future. Sin is no longer a issue , even for unbelievers.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Your making the mistake of not realising Jesus has died for all sins . All our sins , past, present and future. Sin is no longer a issue , even for unbelievers.
Can you explain what you mean that sin is not an issue for unbelievers please and thank you...

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Can you explain what you mean that sin is not an issue for unbelievers please and thank you...
Hi no problem . Thank you for a polite question . Jesus paid for all sins ,the entire cosmos . So all sins are not an issue for anyone . How could they be ?in the sense of salvation .

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Hi no problem . Thank you for a polite question . Jesus paid for all sins ,the entire cosmos . So all sins are not an issue for anyone . How could they be ?in the sense of salvation .
Hi...
Only believers who are in Christ Jesus have had their sins forgiven , unbelievers are still under the wrath of God , their debt of sins have not been paid for...

Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Hi...
Only believers who are in Christ Jesus have had their sins forgiven , unbelievers are still under the wrath of God , their debt of sins have not been paid for...

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.
Yes we sin its death . death to everything . life , relationships, jobs , health , fellowship . Why are unbelievers still condemned ? it can't be sins as that has all been paid for .
col 2.14 14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
Either Jesus died for the sins of the world or he did not ?
John 16 .8
8And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
9Of sin, because they blashemed , stole, lied , smoked , ? no ..BELIEVE NOT ON ME . limited atonement in any sense is unbiblical . Jesus really did die for all , as the bible really says . But not all RECIEVE the atonement if they don't believe the Gospel . Show me a verse where unbelievers are paying for their sins in hell ? ( or will do )

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Hi...

They can't ' pay ' for sins Jesus has already paid for . Thats the great tragedy. Jesus has died and paid for everyone sins but many refuse to believe the truth so as to be saved .

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
Can a person who does not know Jesus , who has killed someone be saved ? Did Jesus not die for the sins of the world ? What about someone who lies ? What about someone who stole ?
If you ask my opinion, every body who believe in Jesus that has been Lie or kill, as long he repent, go to heaven.

But Seem to me you believe after accepting Jesus, keep killing still go to heaven, only reduce his reward, don't you

You don't believe a branch that not bear fruit Will be Cut and burn, so you not agree with Jesus
John 15:6

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
Sin is No longer issue?
All sin are forgiven, believer and unbeliever?

So you believe after Jesus die, No body go to hell?

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
If you ask my opinion, every body who believe in Jesus that has been Lie or kill, as long he repent, go to heaven.

But Seem to me you believe after accepting Jesus, keep killing still go to heaven, only reduce his reward, don't you

You don't believe a branch that not bear fruit Will be Cut and burn, so you not agree with Jesus
John 15:6
Why does the person who has lied or killed who has repented and believed go to heaven ? this should answer your question.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
Why does the person who has lied or killed who has repented and believed go to heaven ? this should answer your question.
If they believe and repent from their sin, they are forgiven. If they refused to repent and keep killing, they aren't?

But you believe killer don't need to repent and still go to heaven only lose his reward.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Sin is No longer issue?
All sin are forgiven, believer and unbeliever?

So you believe after Jesus die, No body go to hell?
All sins have been paid for . Your sins have been paid for . But if you don't recieve Jesus can you go to heaven ? no ,even though all your sins have been paid for and that's no longer the barrier . If you don't ' recieve Jesus then there is no Glorification. Receiving Jesus is the only issue that stands in between heaven and hell .

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
It was when you said some believe all they have to do is hold faith . For example ,when I read 1 cor 15 I don't see that we need to 'Hold faith to be saved '. Now of course some could believe the gosepl in vain . But if you read :
1¶Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
2By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
3¶For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
9That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. then Romans 10
10For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
12For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
13For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Then eph 1
13¶In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
14Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.
I see nothing about 'holding faith ' 'working faith ' deeds ect ,to be saved ?
Acts 16:31
Verse Concepts
They said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.”

1 Corinthians 1:21
For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not come to know God, God was well-pleased through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.

Ephesians 2:8
For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;

1 John 5:4
For whatever is born of God overcomes the world; and this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith.

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
We know that it is through our faith, not our works, that we receive salvation. That does not mean that our works does not matter to the Lord. What we do matters to the Lord.

In Ephesians 2:8 Ephesians 2:8 For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not from yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9not by works, so that no one can boast. 10For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared i

With salvation God works in us, it tells us we are created then to do good works. We become a new creation in the Lord, that creation is a righteous one, cleaned by the Lord, and not a person who wills to sin so they immediately become unrighteous.

In Revelations it tells us that the Lord looks at our works. Rev. 22:12 Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done.
I think that part of Revelation is overlooked often enough.

I think that argument that is made claiming works have naught to do with our salvation has a lot to explain when denying God's own words that say the opposite.
Revelation 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works
https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/search?q=judged+by+works&translation=all