Caffeine ☕️

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TenderHeart

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
oh how much I enjoy coffee. But it does not enjoy me. 😅

I’m trying to lower my caffeine intake again from 3 cups down to 2 cups down to one cup to hopefully maybe no cups.

The good Lord has blessed me with removing plenty of unhealthy habits. But I’m still clinging onto this one, because I really enjoy a nice cup of coffee while reading the Bible.

I’m about to take a nap because I’ve only had 2 cups of coffee today and I’m considering brewing the third even though I know it’s not to my benefit. 🤨

Can anyone relate? I love coffee but I hate the anxiety so much. Anxiety really is a plague in my life I need to get rid of. It was revealed to me I need to remove the caffeine but it’s really hard.

I quit coffee in the past and it was pretty rough until it wasn’t. Which took months.

Do you think switching to decaf is beneficial? I shutter to think about drinking decaf coffee… Does it taste different? I really like hazelnut and flavored coffees. I don’t put sugar in them, just a bit of almond milk unsweetened. It’s a daily ritual. But I’m trying to free myself from all bad habits.

I suppose I should send it up in prayer, but I know the good Lord sees my heart that I am not true about letting go of this addiction just yet. 😫

T

TheIndianGirl

I drink decaf coffee since caffeine can make feel extra energized/agitated. I can't tell the difference. I like mine with a bit of cream and a bit of sugar. If I am having a sweet pastry, I reduce the sugar in the coffee.

TenderHeart

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
I drink decaf coffee since caffeine can make feel extra energized/agitated. I can't tell the difference. I like mine with a bit of cream and a bit of sugar. If I am having a sweet pastry, I reduce the sugar in the coffee.
Thank you for replying. I’ll give decaf a try. I think it would be good to have in the afternoon. And then I’ll slowly taper my 2 cups to one and to none (by like…2023 🤣). God bless you

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

I’m trying to lower my caffeine intake again from 3 cups down to 2 cups down to one cup to hopefully maybe no cups.

The good Lord has blessed me with removing plenty of unhealthy habits. But I’m still clinging onto this one, because I really enjoy a nice cup of coffee while reading the Bible.

I’m about to take a nap because I’ve only had 2 cups of coffee today and I’m considering brewing the third even though I know it’s not to my benefit. 🤨

Can anyone relate? I love coffee but I hate the anxiety so much. Anxiety really is a plague in my life I need to get rid of. It was revealed to me I need to remove the caffeine but it’s really hard.

I quit coffee in the past and it was pretty rough until it wasn’t. Which took months.

Do you think switching to decaf is beneficial? I shutter to think about drinking decaf coffee… Does it taste different? I really like hazelnut and flavored coffees. I don’t put sugar in them, just a bit of almond milk unsweetened. It’s a daily ritual. But I’m trying to free myself from all bad habits.

I suppose I should send it up in prayer, but I know the good Lord sees my heart that I am not true about letting go of this addiction just yet. 😫
I love coffee too. I have recently given up smoking after being addicted my entire adult life but don't believe that I will be giving up coffee anytime soon. If a standard cup is 8 ounces then I drink 3-4 cups a day. Still, this is reduction from the amount I used to drink.

Depending on what medical report you read coffee is either beneficial or harmful to your health. I'm going with beneficial and believe that 2 or 3 cups a day is a moderate consumption of this beverage. Switching to decaf is not really all that beneficial as there is still an amount of caffeine in it.

I really don't consider a moderate coffee consumption to be a bad habit.

By all means keep reading the bible though. That is a very good habit to have.:)

TenderHeart

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
I love coffee too. I have recently given up smoking after being addicted my entire adult life but don't believe that I will be giving up coffee anytime soon. If a standard cup is 8 ounces then I drink 3-4 cups a day. Still, this is reduction from the amount I used to drink.

Depending on what medical report you read coffee is either beneficial or harmful to your health. I'm going with beneficial and believe that 2 or 3 cups a day is a moderate consumption of this beverage. Switching to decaf is not really all that beneficial as there is still an amount of caffeine in it.

By all means keep reading the bible though. That is a very good habit to have.:)
I recently got off my anti-anxiety medicine because it was making me so fatigued and really lethargic. So now my body is reacting poorly to the amount of caffeine I used to have on the medication. I just really like the taste! Something about it. I like tea also but it’s not the same. Thanks for your reply! Hope you’re having a good day

TenderHeart

Jul 5, 2021
Florida

Oh and congrats on quitting smoking! That is a tough habit to break. Good for you! Keep it up

Jase

Jun 9, 2021
Hi! All...I really enjoy good, bold roast coffee.
Have French Roast over the weekend.

Good luck, T H ❤️, in reducing your intake.

Very funny, MMD. 😀

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Hi! All...I really enjoy good, bold roast coffee.
Have French Roast over the weekend.

Good luck, T H ❤️, in reducing your intake.

Very funny, MMD. 😀
I'm currently trending towards Columbian.

Mar 4, 2020

You can cut caffeinated coffee with decaffeinated coffee. Incrementally ween yourself off the addiction by changing the caf/decaf ratio. Give it some time, as long as you need, and you can gradually just stop drinking it all together. Maybe come to resent decaf coffee due to it's impotency. I hope that helps.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021

I used to drink 10 cups a day, including one just before bedtime. It did not affect me at all. A friend of mine was concerned, especially as I am getting older. This was about 3 years ago. She prayed for me. I went to make my coffee as usual and I completely lost the taste for it. Instant coffee became instant disinterest. I drink tea mostly, coffee maybe once a week or less.

I suspect that a lot of the supposed addiction to caffeine is actually psychological. If you believe that it's bad for you then it will be. I hope you are not cutting out milk. It's not the bogeyman that dieticians say it is, or used to say anyway. God sent Israel to a land flowing with milk and honey. It was not so that they could suffer health problems.

If you really want to give up, you can ask God to give you a strong desire to quit. Our will follows the desire of the heart. Personally, I would say that the amount of caffeine in 3 cups of coffee is negligible. But every metabolism is different, so there is no "one size fits all". Decaf? Try it out. You might be surprised.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018

Well it's more than a habit, it's a caffeine addiction. You have two sides of the battle. The addiction side, and the habit side. The addiction side is really just finding ways or lessen the hold, or just give it up all together.
The habit is the act you connect it with. On your case coffee and reading the bible. Cutting back on coffee is only half the fight. Replacing the habit is the other half.
Perhaps if you have two cups a day, only have one during bible reading and replace it with something else. That way you're attacking from both sides, not just one.

But quitting anxiety meds, then trying to quit a coffee addiction has really set you in a bad place to make so many difficult changes. You've put yourself at a disadvantage by changing so much so fast. Perhaps planning ahead a bit more before making changes could also be a greater benefit and make things easier.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Decaffeinated coffee!
It's useless, warm, brown water!

I don't drink coffee, but everybody else in my family does. I know what real coffee smells like.

When Grandma switched to decaf... it does NOT smell like real coffee.

T

tstumf

Myself I’ve tried to quit. Almost had it then peer pressure happened and im back on it. The last 12 months has been many changes for me I had high BP. So high that the doctors wouldn’t clear me to get a Commercial drivers license in the USA so being I had no other addictions or habits. I Lost 40 lbs and 5 pant waist sizes . completely quit sugary drinks pop/soda. I fit into my high school pants size again after 15 years. Now my BP is great! ideal even!!! Still have that pesky coffee addiction though as well. So I’m going to follow this as well cause much like you I usually have a cup as I’m reading the good word as well.

Tinkerbell725

Jul 19, 2014
Philippines Age 40
I love coffee but I am taking a break from coffee for now. I need space. 😅

I had a terrible headache because I forgot to drink coffee. I thought of going decaf but it does not taste as good as real coffee. Now I drink hot chocolate with milk.