Cain's Offering

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 10, 2019
Psalm 104:29 Thou hidest thy face, they are troubled: thou takest away their breath, they die, and return to their dust.

Ecclesiastes 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Abel's new born again spirit left his corrupted body . The body returned to the corrupted dust it was formed from (lifeless clay).

His new spirit enter the New Jerusalem as the bride of Christ. The first martyr to enter eternal rest. The judgment as to the work needed was performed from the foundation of the world. Its all one testament divided in two.

Hebrews 4 King James Version (KJV) Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it. For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
Gen 4
9And the LORD said to Cain, “Where is your brother Abel?” “I do not know!” he answered. “Am I my brother’s keeper?” 10“What have you done?” replied the LORD.“The voice of your brother’s blood cries out to Me from the ground.

Mar 28, 2016
Gen 4
9And the LORD said to Cain, “Where is your brother Abel?” “I do not know!” he answered. “Am I my brother’s keeper?” 10“What have you done?” replied the LORD.“The voice of your brother’s blood cries out to Me from the ground.
Cain knew just as God knew where his martyred brother Abel was, out of sight out of mind. He was his brothers murderer. First murder of the father of the lies. . a murderer from that beginning. .

I would think we would search out the spiritual understanding hid from natural man in that parable.

Blood is used to represent spirit life throughout the Bible . His born again spirit longs to be clothed with the eternal incorruptible body.

All have died not receiving it.

While the life of the flesh is in the blood. literal blood without spirit life is dead.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
A matter of fact in respect to whose faith . A fool? Or the faith of Christ as it is written ? Law of faith or the philosophies of men? No limbo in between.
Garee, this is a really simple concept, and you are trying to make it complicated. The word "atheist" has a specific meaning, and you are using incorrectly. Stop arguing the point.

Mar 28, 2016
It's not a parable.
Yes I am aware of what you believe parables as the tongue of God are not prophecy, Do you mean the ones that without Christ spoke not as the signified tongue of God

What kind of sound does dried up spiritless blood make? What's it crying for? A blowing in the wind?

Mar 28, 2016
Garee, this is a really simple concept, and you are trying to make it complicated. The word "atheist" has a specific meaning, and you are using incorrectly. Stop arguing the point.
Which word in the Bible best defines a athiest? I would think no faith? A fool who says their is no Creator God in his deceitful heart a god unto himself.

Deuteronomy 32:20 And he said, I will hide my face from them, I will see what their end shall be: for they are a very froward generation, children in whom is no faith.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Which word in the Bible best defines a athiest? I would think no faith? A fool who says their is no Creator God in his deceitful heart a god unto himself.

Deuteronomy 32:20 And he said, I will hide my face from them, I will see what their end shall be: for they are a very froward generation, children in whom is no faith.
Scripture calls "fool" the person who says there is no God. However, that term is also used for those lacking or rejecting wisdom, so it cannot be used in an exclusive sense to mean those who don't believe in the existence of God.

"Atheist" is simply the wrong word for someone who is faithless. Cain was not an atheist.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Yes I am aware of what you believe parables as the tongue of God are not prophecy, Do you mean the ones that without Christ spoke not as the signified tongue of God

What kind of sound does dried up spiritless blood make? What's it crying for? A blowing in the wind?
This is another case where you have taken a word with a specific meaning and broadly applied it to loosely-related cases. Because you do this, many people struggle to understand what you're saying. "Parable" means a brief story teaching a moral or spiritual lesson where humans are the characters. In every single case with the possible exception of one, Jesus' parables did not discuss actual historical events such as Cain and Abel. The fact that a story teaches spiritual truth and/or contains metaphorical language does not make it a parable.

The story of Cain and Abel belongs in a category of literature called "historical narrative". Much of the gospels is also historical narrative: Jesus went here, spoke to this person, did this thing. These aren't parables.

SOME (but not all) of the things that Jesus spoke were parables. He told the parable of the unmerciful servant, the parable of the lost coin, and the parable of the soils. The characters were not named; they were just "a man", "a woman" and "a sower".

If you see the names of persons in the story (Cain, Abel, David, etc.), it is historical narrative, not a parable.

TLC209

Mar 20, 2019
Merced, CA
Cain knew just as God knew where his martyred brother Abel was, out of sight out of mind. He was his brothers murderer. First murder of the father of the lies. . a murderer from that beginning. .

I would think we would search out the spiritual understanding hid from natural man in that parable.

Blood is used to represent spirit life throughout the Bible . His born again spirit longs to be clothed with the eternal incorruptible body.

All have died not receiving it.

While the life of the flesh is in the blood. literal blood without spirit life is dead.
Its not a parable.

Bro check it out I think you need to get offline and really seek God to open your eyes. Ask God to give you His Holy Spirit. There is power love and A SOUND MIND in the Spirit. You havent been making sense and youre turning scripture into gumbo. Thats not the way it works. Your words contradict scripture. You need the Holy Spirit. I mean this with all sincereness. Youre sounding like a senile old man and I dont even know you. Please go get rest in Christ and seek the Holy Spirit. God bless.. christian chat can wait. You dont need to prove anything to anyone, you only NEED GODS APPROVAL. And im telling you, youre butchering the Word of God.

Jun 10, 2019
Psalm 104:29 Thou hidest thy face, they are troubled: thou takest away their breath, they die, and return to their dust.

Ecclesiastes 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Abel's new born again spirit left his corrupted body . The body returned to the corrupted dust it was formed from (lifeless clay).

His new spirit enter the New Jerusalem as the bride of Christ. The first martyr to enter eternal rest. The judgment as to the work needed was performed from the foundation of the world. Its all one testament divided in two.

Hebrews 4 King James Version (KJV) Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it. For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
Your pulling verses out of context, the spirit was not given in the Old Testament if it was so then this verse below would be invalid.

John 7:39
But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive; for the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.

Mar 28, 2016
Its not a parable.

Bro check it out I think you need to get offline and really seek God to open your eyes. Ask God to give you His Holy Spirit. There is power love and A SOUND MIND in the Spirit. You havent been making sense and youre turning scripture into gumbo. Thats not the way it works. Your words contradict scripture. You need the Holy Spirit. I mean this with all sincereness. Youre sounding like a senile old man and I dont even know you. Please go get rest in Christ and seek the Holy Spirit. God bless.. christian chat can wait. You dont need to prove anything to anyone, you only NEED GODS APPROVAL. And im telling you, youre butchering the Word of God.
LOL Well whippersnapper tell this old senile old man what words I used to express my opinion that contradicts scripture or what you call butcher it ?How do we rightly divide it in order to seek the unseen understanding

As a believer I have the Holy Spirit of God and follow the instructions for rightly dividing the signified language God uses to hide the gospel meaning in parables. Its how we seek the approval of God.

If I turn it into gumbo .What do those who literalize his understand turn it into. . a gamble?

Mar 28, 2016
Your pulling verses out of context, the spirit was not given in the Old Testament if it was so then this verse below would be invalid.

John 7:39
But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive; for the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.

The Spirit was given to Abel just as it is to all saints .Its how Abel believed in a God not seen. God's faith working in him to both will and perform the good pleasure of God. Why murmur? .

Remember all the work necessary to pay the just demands of the letter of the law was finished from the foundation of the world. The six days he did work . The outward demonstration of that work came later. God is not a man as us. Therefore although some did know Christ after the flesh when Jesus left he instructed us we know him no more forever more. No more demonstrations

He rested on the seventh.... Cain received no rest from Christ's labor of love or called a work of His faith .

Mar 28, 2016
This is another case where you have taken a word with a specific meaning and broadly applied it to loosely-related cases. Because you do this, many people struggle to understand what you're saying. "Parable" means a brief story teaching a moral or spiritual lesson where humans are the characters. In every single case with the possible exception of one, Jesus' parables did not discuss actual historical events such as Cain and Abel. The fact that a story teaches spiritual truth and/or contains metaphorical language does not make it a parable.

The story of Cain and Abel belongs in a category of literature called "historical narrative". Much of the gospels is also historical narrative: Jesus went here, spoke to this person, did this thing. These aren't parables.

SOME (but not all) of the things that Jesus spoke were parables. He told the parable of the unmerciful servant, the parable of the lost coin, and the parable of the soils. The characters were not named; they were just "a man", "a woman" and "a sower".

If you see the names of persons in the story (Cain, Abel, David, etc.), it is historical narrative, not a parable.
The name God named David (beloved) is a metaphor used in parables. It is compared to His Son beloved of God. The mane Israel is the same set aside to be used in parables . The same with the name or word Christian or Moses .names have meaning attached to them .Unlike today.

Parables as prophecy have more than one level us understanding .using the temporal things of this world to give us the eternal vison as eyes to see and ears to hear what the Spirit says to the churches (every Christian) Metaphorical language is the language of parables or prophecy .

The whole period of Kings in Israel is a parable .The drawing out of men in Exodus leading towards the promised land is a parable . the splitting of the Rock another .Without parables Christ spoke not. The historically true history of Cain and Abel is used as a parable. it would seem the literalist would say if the word parable does not appear .try and make sense of it any way.

How does the dried up literal blood of Abel cry out . What is its desire.?

Jun 10, 2019
The Spirit was given to Abel just as it is to all saints .Its how Abel believed in a God not seen. God's faith working in him to both will and perform the good pleasure of God. Why murmur? .

Remember all the work necessary to pay the just demands of the letter of the law was finished from the foundation of the world. The six days he did work . The outward demonstration of that work came later. God is not a man as us. Therefore although some did know Christ after the flesh when Jesus left he instructed us we know him no more forever more. No more demonstrations

He rested on the seventh.... Cain received no rest from Christ's labor of love or called a work of His faith .
I stand corrected on some of the things you mentioned, first yea it appears one can’t approach God without believing God exist. Hebrews 11 speaks on faith and assurance.

6And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who approaches Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him.

You mentioned Abel receiving the spirit, yet in Hebrews 11 the first five people mentioned, Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham and Sarah, this is mentioned of these people.

13All these people died in faith, without having received the things they were promised. However, they saw them and welcomed them from afar. And they acknowledged that they were strangers and exiles on the earth.

then Hebrews 11 goes on to talk about another set of people The Faith of Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Moses.

an the faith of many, the people who walked around the walls of Jericho for seven days and the walls came down.

Then Hebrews talks about another set of people.

32And what more shall I say? Time will not allow me to tell of Gideon, Barak, Samson, Jephthah, David, Samuel, and the prophets, 33who through faith conquered kingdoms, administered justice, and gained what was promised; who shut the mouths of lions, 34quenched the raging fire, and escaped the edge of the sword; who gained strength from weakness, became mighty in battle, and put foreign armies to flight.

they did gain what was promised and it says what they gained power to shut the mouths of lions, strength from weakness and mighty in battle.

the final statement says this

39These were all commended for their faith, yet they did not receive what was promised. 40God had planned something better for us, so that together with us they would be made perfect.

and it appears what that means is none receive the spirit, why because God had planned something better not only for them but us as well, so together with us they would be made perfect.

And I think that was the cross

Mar 28, 2016
I stand corrected on some of the things you mentioned, first yea it appears one can’t approach God without believing God exist. Hebrews 11 speaks on faith and assurance.

6And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who approaches Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him.

You mentioned Abel receiving the spirit, yet in Hebrews 11 the first five people mentioned, Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham and Sarah, this is mentioned of these people.

13All these people died in faith, without having received the things they were promised. However, they saw them and welcomed them from afar. And they acknowledged that they were strangers and exiles on the earth.

then Hebrews 11 goes on to talk about another set of people The Faith of Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Moses.

an the faith of many, the people who walked around the walls of Jericho for seven days and the walls came down.

Then Hebrews talks about another set of people.

32And what more shall I say? Time will not allow me to tell of Gideon, Barak, Samson, Jephthah, David, Samuel, and the prophets, 33who through faith conquered kingdoms, administered justice, and gained what was promised; who shut the mouths of lions, 34quenched the raging fire, and escaped the edge of the sword; who gained strength from weakness, became mighty in battle, and put foreign armies to flight.

they did gain what was promised and it says what they gained power to shut the mouths of lions, strength from weakness and mighty in battle.

the final statement says this

39These were all commended for their faith, yet they did not receive what was promised. 40God had planned something better for us, so that together with us they would be made perfect.

and it appears what that means is none receive the spirit, why because God had planned something better not only for them but us as well, so together with us they would be made perfect.

And I think that was the cross
More of not received the new incorruptible body . If any man has not the Spirit of Christ working in these bodies of death then Romans informs us they are not of Christ. They received the power to believe as a new spirit working from within. Before they left the flesh which returns to the spiritless, faithless, powerless dust or clay it was formed from .

2 Corinthians 4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

Yes, looking at Hebrew 11 without the faith of Christ's labor of love working in us to both will and do the good pleasure of God no man could please God .

Abel did not experiment with different first fruits as the battle of who will be given the Ok of the first fruit? like Peter it was revealed by God not seen. Abel was not wrestling against flesh and blood as in no faith, as was Cain who to prove he has none .Plowed his brother Abel under his first fruits as in out of sight out of mind (no faith)

Abel heard the word of God, drank in the good things coming a new incorruptible body and did not fall away . Cain tasted and fell away .

Interestingly to show us the last will be first and the first last. He does not list the names of the ones he kept in caves of whom he said . . "the world is not worthy of" . None is good saved one, God not seen, alone.

Hebrew11:38 (Of whom the world was not worthy:)they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.

Jun 10, 2019
More of not received the new incorruptible body . If any man has not the Spirit of Christ working in these bodies of death then Romans informs us they are not of Christ. They received the power to believe as a new spirit working from within. Before they left the flesh which returns to the spiritless, faithless, powerless dust or clay it was formed from .

2 Corinthians 4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

Yes, looking at Hebrew 11 without the faith of Christ's labor of love working in us to both will and do the good pleasure of God no man could please God .

Abel did not experiment with different first fruits as the battle of who will be given the Ok of the first fruit? like Peter it was revealed by God not seen. Abel was not wrestling against flesh and blood as in no faith, as was Cain who to prove he has none .Plowed his brother Abel under his first fruits as in out of sight out of mind (no faith)

Abel heard the word of God, drank in the good things coming a new incorruptible body and did not fall away . Cain tasted and fell away .

Interestingly to show us the last will be first and the first last. He does not list the names of the ones he kept in caves of whom he said . . "the world is not worthy of" . None is good saved one, God not seen, alone.

Hebrew11:38 (Of whom the world was not worthy:)they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.
I think we are all waiting for that day together the ones from the past present and future. judgement day isn’t just for people of today or tomorrow but of yesterday’s as well

Mar 28, 2016
I think we are all waiting for that day together the ones from the past present and future. judgement day isn’t just for people of today or tomorrow but of yesterday’s as well
I would agree its not a new spirit we are waiting for but a new incorruptible body

Judgement day the last day is for the execution of his plan .Not a day of evaluating and dividing the sheep from the goats .

Mar 28, 2016
I agree. An Atheist is someone who denies God exists. They believe in the big bang, the universe, and the planet as well as evolution. (Maybe even aliens??)

Cain knew the Lord. So is the devil an Atheist as well? Using this logic Garee is using? Thats absurd. Cmon lets not make up theories that dont line up with scripture. Cain is not an atheist. He is a reprobate.

Seems like people want to categorize Cain as something far removed from themselves when in reality people need to do self examination. Many here are reprobates as well. Cain being an atheist is an easy way diferentiate Cain from ourselves because no one here is an atheist... as the referee would say "SAFE!!" But no gentlemen Cain knew God and spoke to God and brought his offering and was rejected. Reprobate not atheist. Sorry.
Cain who being born condemned had no faith coming from God a froward nation that knew not God . God looked on Abel giving him his faith that worked in Abel to do the good pleasure of God. Cain did not believe God .To prove he walked by sight and not faith. He plowed his brother under the fruit of the field .Satan whose desire Cain followed is a murder from the beginning, Abel the first recorded Martyr.

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that "believeth not" is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.John 3: 16

The act of murder did not condemn Cain. He was born condemned(no faith) It showed the work of the god of this world as the lust of the eyes the lust of the flesh and the pride of this life. The pagan religion. "out of sight out of mind". like that of Hebrews 6.tasted of the unseen glory of God and shared but denied the gospels power.

No limbo in between. Either the faith of Christ is working in a individual or there will be no fruit of a imputed rightousness .

TLC209

Mar 20, 2019
Merced, CA
Cain who being born condemned had no faith coming from God a froward nation that knew not God . God looked on Abel giving him his faith that worked in Abel to do the good pleasure of God. Cain did not believe God .To prove he walked by sight and not faith. He plowed his brother under the fruit of the field .Satan whose desire Cain followed is a murder from the beginning, Abel the first recorded Martyr.

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that "believeth not" is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.John 3: 16

The act of murder did not condemn Cain. He was born condemned(no faith) It showed the work of the god of this world as the lust of the eyes the lust of the flesh and the pride of this life. The pagan religion. "out of sight out of mind". like that of Hebrews 6.tasted of the unseen glory of God and shared but denied the gospels power.

No limbo in between. Either the faith of Christ is working in a individual or there will be no fruit of a imputed rightousness .
You keep quoting a scripture about believing in Jesus Christ the Son of God and a secondary quote that faith comes by hearing about Jesus Christ. Cain knew nothing about the Son of God. Jesus was not born yet and wasnt going to be born for thousands of years. Cain didnt even know about a flood coming. Your interpretation makes no sense.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Cain who being born condemned had no faith coming from God a froward nation that knew not God .
Garee, once again you are making the fallacy of anachronism.

Please don't make up your own definition for it! Go and look it up in a proper dictionary.