Calvinism And Predestination

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
When the Bible says the saints are predestined to salvation it means that God already had the plan to give the world salvation before He laid down the foundation of the world.
Where does the Bible say this? Thanks.

Melach

Mar 28, 2019
Because, I wanted to understand the wisdom behind choosing a word that can go to meaning good or to meaning evil. God is not the God of confusion. But if you look up the word melach, and the first hit claims Demon king Moloch, it's confusing as to why a poster on a Christian site would use it. Was there an attempt to be confusing, we cannot assume nor guess at it. And only a few meanings include salt, most go right to king, and then directly to Moloch.
i already explained it to you, so you did not want to understand. you are just making false accusations and rambling on and on and on about the same irrelevant thing cussing me and everyone else out and making lies and false accusations and im tired of it.

but im glad, i will be blessed for your vile behavior and so will the many others who you have slandered and falsely accused on this forum. keep it up.

(which I am a HILLBILLY REDNECK INBRED
i agree. is that the reason why you cant comprehend bible dictionaries that have been posted to you? is that why you jump to nonsensical conclusions and start going at me for no reason? probably. too much inbreeding in those backwoods there, remember to breathe while typing. its a sad situation, but i know you are just a victim of your circumstances, but atleast try to behave like a human being? im worried if you jump to a pool of alligators over there thinking your mailman is the demon king, hope you have enough sense to not do it? even more than that, im worried about the alligators, what if they catch something from you? someone should call animal services. no animal deserves to be degraded to be in the same area as you. i feel bad for your family and friends, but hey, birds of a feather flock together they are probably the same so maybe you can go demon hunting together? i suggest getting an inbred party started, go to the closest walmart and wear a tinfoil hat with some garlic and yell at people walking by.

i have never put anyone on ignore, but you are just too disgusting of a subhuman vermin that i have to go there, i will have to protect my braincells from reading your lying drivel.

anyway, whatever you do, PLEASE dont reproduce.. help humanity by not reproducing okay? we dont need any more self-admitted inbreds like you.

U

UnderGrace

i already explained it to you, so you did not want to understand. you are just making false accusations and rambling on and on and on about the same irrelevant thing cussing me and everyone else out and making lies and false accusations and im tired of it.

but im glad, i will be blessed for your vile behavior and so will the many others who you have slandered and falsely accused on this forum. keep it up.

i agree. is that the reason why you cant comprehend bible dictionaries that have been posted to you? is that why you jump to nonsensical conclusions and start going at me for no reason? probably. too much inbreeding in those backwoods there, remember to breathe while typing. its a sad situation, but i know you are just a victim of your circumstances, but atleast try to behave like a human being? im worried if you jump to a pool of alligators over there thinking your mailman is the demon king, hope you have enough sense to not do it? even more than that, im worried about the alligators, what if they catch something from you? someone should call animal services. no animal deserves to be degraded to be in the same area as you. i feel bad for your family and friends, but hey, birds of a feather flock together they are probably the same so maybe you can go demon hunting together? i suggest getting an inbred party started, go to the closest walmart and wear a tinfoil hat with some garlic and yell at people walking by.

i have never put anyone on ignore, but you are just too disgusting of a subhuman vermin that i have to go there, i will have to protect my braincells from reading your lying drivel.

anyway, whatever you do, PLEASE dont reproduce.. help humanity by not reproducing okay? we dont need any more self-admitted inbreds like you.
Melach, you have been a very gently spirit on this message board, do not let this person get to you.:)

NayborBear

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
how is believing Jesus is God antichrist spirit?

who do you believe Jesus is then? a man only?
If one, or should one say, as you just said? Jesus IS GOD? THIS, is the spirit of anti-christ!
For what you are saying, or thinking, or believing? Is that There is NO God the Father! ONLY JESUS!
Thus denying Jesus' SONSHIP! And His saying "NO ONE comes UNTO the Father, but BY ME!"
I can't count the number of times Jesus mentioned, He was SENT! And, how many times He referred to His "Father......IN HEAVEN!"
One would be very HARD PRESSED in finding ANY reference Jesus made to men, referring them to "His Children!"
Sheep? In the needs of a Shepherd? YES! And, as Jesus stated? "If you believe ME?" "Believe ALSO, in Him WHO SENT Me!"
Traditions of man, have made the "Word OF God", which Jesus was teaching, of such little effect? That they "wallow" in the GRACE of God, that was offered In Christ Jesus, to the EXTENT, that the ONLY way they can remain is this "STATE OF GRACE", is by believing Jesus IS GOD! WHICH? IS A LIE!
Yes? A strong DELUSION indeed! Yet? DELUSION, nonetheless!
So, are these ones' believing this lie, IN CHRIST?
I vote "How CAN they be?!"
So? are (very) WORTHY of CONDEMNATION!
Yet? It isn't the people I condemn!

Tis the spirit of anti-christ they believe, I CONDEMN!
And? As is seen here in the BDF, as well as many other locations, in the ethernet, as well, as in churches of stone, and on the street?
It CUTS TOO CLOSE TO THE BONE, for 'em! (and) They take offense!
I'll go one further then that, even.
How long do you think the Spirit of God, who raised Jesus from the dead, STRIVES (competes) with (a) man's spirit who (may) believe Christ? But NOT He who sent Him? NOT LONG! Not long at all!

Jesus is God's SON, through OBEDIENCE! To the point of offering ADOPTION to those of us (also) TO THE POINT, of WHOS0OEVER WILL, may come, and be what? to be called WHAT? "ADOPTED" sons of God! That's PRETTY HEAVY! Ain't it?

Was Jesus "just a man?" A man of flesh? He sure was, and is! Yet? So MUCH MORE, then "JUST a man!"

Melach

Mar 28, 2019
Melach, you have been a very gently spirit on this message board, do not let this person get to you.:)
yes i admit i should be more loving and gentle instead of sinking down to write back.

Melach

Mar 28, 2019
If one, or should one say, as you just said? Jesus IS GOD? THIS, is the spirit of anti-christ!
For what you are saying, or thinking, or believing? Is that There is NO God the Father! ONLY JESUS!
Thus denying Jesus' SONSHIP! And His saying "NO ONE comes UNTO the Father, but BY ME!"
I can't count the number of times Jesus mentioned, He was SENT! And, how many times He referred to His "Father......IN HEAVEN!"
One would be very HARD PRESSED in finding ANY reference Jesus made to men, referring them to "His Children!"
Sheep? In the needs of a Shepherd? YES! And, as Jesus stated? "If you believe ME?" "Believe ALSO, in Him WHO SENT Me!"
Traditions of man, have made the "Word OF God", which Jesus was teaching, of such little effect? That they "wallow" in the GRACE of God, that was offered In Christ Jesus, to the EXTENT, that the ONLY way they can remain is this "STATE OF GRACE", is by believing Jesus IS GOD! WHICH? IS A LIE!
Yes? A strong DELUSION indeed! Yet? DELUSION, nonetheless!
So, are these ones' believing this lie, IN CHRIST?
I vote "How CAN they be?!"
So? are (very) WORTHY of CONDEMNATION!
Yet? It isn't the people I condemn!
Tis the spirit of anti-christ they believe, I CONDEMN!

And? As is seen here in the BDF, as well as many other locations, in the ethernet, as well, as in churches of stone, and on the street?
It CUTS TOO CLOSE TO THE BONE, for 'em! (and) They take offense!
I'll go one further then that, even.
How long do you think the Spirit of God, who raised Jesus from the dead, STRIVES (competes) with (a) man's spirit who (may) believe Christ? But NOT He who sent Him? NOT LONG! Not long at all!

Jesus is God's SON, through OBEDIENCE! To the point of offering ADOPTION to those of us (also) TO THE POINT, of WHOS0OEVER WILL, may come, and be what? to be called WHAT? "ADOPTED" sons of God! That's PRETTY HEAVY! Ain't it?

Was Jesus "just a man?" A man of flesh? He sure was, and is! Yet? So MUCH MORE, then "JUST a man!"
thanks. while i believe Jesus is God.

i want to know, are you more arian or socinian?

do you believe Jesus was the first creation of the Father and pre-existed His visit to earth and is the son of God also called Word (arian). or do you believe Jesus came to exist in the womb of Mary and did not pre-exist His visit to earth (socinian).

E

eternally-gratefull

Ignore is your best weapon, If you see posts you think are out of line, report that post.. then walk away.

Not worth it bro

U

UnderGrace

yes i admit i should be more loving and gentle instead of sinking down to write back.
I was not judging you in that sense at all, you have every right to defend yourself,

......my point was more to make you aware that his accusations have no merit, therefore do not let him trouble you, spare yourself the anguish.

NayborBear

thanks. while i believe Jesus is God.

i want to know, are you more arian or socinian?

do you believe Jesus was the first creation of the Father and pre-existed His visit to earth and is the son of God also called Word (arian). or do you believe Jesus came to exist in the womb of Mary and did not pre-exist His visit to earth (socinian).
o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O
I have NO idea, as to what you are asking, or trying to get at here!

Melach

Mar 28, 2019
o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O
I have NO idea, as to what you are asking, or trying to get at here!
let me try again:

do you believe Jesus came to exist in the womb of Mary? or did Jesus exist as the son of God before coming to earth as human?

did Jesus create the world? was the world created through Jesus?

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
let me try again:

do you believe Jesus came to exist in the womb of Mary? or did Jesus exist as the son of God before coming to earth as human?

After NayborBear's comments in post #384, this is a good question.

NayborBear

let me try again:

Are you asking if I believe that Jesus was impregnated by the Spirit of God? A "soconian" may refer to this "act" of "conception" as in-vitro-fertilization. As they seem to be able to only believe things, by the "limitations" of human reasoning. Of which, they graft themselves into the "tree of knowledge", whilst completely disregarding the "good and evil" aspects! In their relentless "efforts" to "become AS god/s!"
It really doesn't matter to me, in how the Spirit of God did it. Just that He did! And, to a "virgin", from the house and lineage of David, King of Israel! Which, by the way, is also from the "first" Adam, if your into the genealogy "thing."

Using the same "seed", if you will, in which the Lord God MADE "Ha-Adam" aka "Spiritual Adam," BEFORE, the "garden of Eden incident."
BEFORE this "seed" became polluted, and corrupted, and defiled itself , while "beguiling"
(wholly seducing) others, into becoming just like "it!" Which is the "why" God "set a guard" around the "Tree of Life!"

Jez an FYI for ya. In the event you didn't already know, or are cognizant of?
There are MANY "sons of God!" Some Good? And, as we read in the Bible? Some? NOT SO GOOD!

In understanding that this world/heaven "AGE" was CREATED "BY and FOR"? Jesus of Nazareth? One must also understand that which "OCCURRED" in and during the LAST world "age", aka "everlasting!" Which is also in the "record" of what we today call "the Holy Bible."

So, was the "world" created BY, and THROUGH "these" sons of God also? :unsure: I CAN SAY MOST ASSUREDLY? That should this world/heaven age been created by and through these "sons of God?" It certainly wasn't created FOR 'em! :)

As you can read in the book of Enoch? That the FALLEN "sons of God", sought very relentlessly from Enoch into his offering up their "petitions" TO the MOST HIGH, in Enoch's pleading THEIR case/s.

So? In answering your 2nd question? Yes? And, No. YES! This world/heaven "age" was created by and FOR Jesus.
No! This world/heaven age was NOT created THROUGH Jesus.

May I ask you a question? although, I fully figure to be "blown off" as "Idiotic" as someone else, in this very thread, I might add, has done.

What does the term "Fulness of the Gentiles", mean to you?
Jez curious.

Melach

Mar 28, 2019
Are you asking if I believe that Jesus was impregnated by the Spirit of God? A "soconian" may refer to this "act" of "conception" as in-vitro-fertilization. As they seem to be able to only believe things, by the "limitations" of human reasoning. Of which, they graft themselves into the "tree of knowledge", whilst completely disregarding the "good and evil" aspects! In their relentless "efforts" to "become AS god/s!"
It really doesn't matter to me, in how the Spirit of God did it. Just that He did! And, to a "virgin", from the house and lineage of David, King of Israel! Which, by the way, is also from the "first" Adam, if your into the genealogy "thing."

Using the same "seed", if you will, in which the Lord God MADE "Ha-Adam" aka "Spiritual Adam," BEFORE, the "garden of Eden incident."
BEFORE this "seed" became polluted, and corrupted, and defiled itself , while "beguiling"
(wholly seducing) others, into becoming just like "it!" Which is the "why" God "set a guard" around the "Tree of Life!"

Jez an FYI for ya. In the event you didn't already know, or are cognizant of?
There are MANY "sons of God!" Some Good? And, as we read in the Bible? Some? NOT SO GOOD!

In understanding that this world/heaven "AGE" was CREATED "BY and FOR"? Jesus of Nazareth? One must also understand that which "OCCURRED" in and during the LAST world "age", aka "everlasting!" Which is also in the "record" of what we today call "the Holy Bible."

So, was the "world" created BY, and THROUGH "these" sons of God also? :unsure: I CAN SAY MOST ASSUREDLY? That should this world/heaven age been created by and through these "sons of God?" It certainly wasn't created FOR 'em! :)

As you can read in the book of Enoch? That the FALLEN "sons of God", sought very relentlessly from Enoch into his offering up their "petitions" TO the MOST HIGH, in Enoch's pleading THEIR case/s.

So? In answering your 2nd question? Yes? And, No. YES! This world/heaven "age" was created by and FOR Jesus.
No! This world/heaven age was NOT created THROUGH Jesus.

May I ask you a question? although, I fully figure to be "blown off" as "Idiotic" as someone else, in this very thread, I might add, has done.

What does the term "Fulness of the Gentiles", mean to you?
Jez curious.
you lost me there friend

my answer: fullness of the gentiles means to me that when the full number of gentiles has come into faith, God will start dealing with the ethnic israel again.

Luke 21:24 They will fall by the edge of the sword and be led captive among all nations, and Jerusalem will be trampled underfoot by the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.

Romans 11:25 Lest you be wise in your own sight, I do not want you to be unaware of this mystery, brothers: a partial hardening has come upon Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.

E

eternally-gratefull

you lost me there friend

my answer: fullness of the gentiles means to me that when the full number of gentiles has come into faith, God will start dealing with the ethnic israel again.

Luke 21:24 They will fall by the edge of the sword and be led captive among all nations, and Jerusalem will be trampled underfoot by the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.

Romans 11:25 Lest you be wise in your own sight, I do not want you to be unaware of this mystery, brothers: a partial hardening has come upon Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.
Good luck trying to get a real answer from this user

Notice how he twisted your question? He does this alot..

obedienttogod

Jan 3, 2019
4416. melach
Strong's Exhaustive Concordance
maintenance, salt
(Aramaic) from mlach; salt -- + maintenance, salt.
see HEBREW mlach
Forms and Transliterations
וּמְלַ֖ח ומלח מְלַ֣ח ׀ מְלַ֤ח מלח mə·laḥ meLach məlaḥ ū·mə·laḥ umeLach ūməlaḥ​

It is odd, my friend, trying to read into someones chosen name for a reasonable reason,
something like an association if Molech, the god of the Ammonites when clearly this is not
the intension of the contributor.

What value are you serving? You seem to want to create an issue where there is none.

No, I come from credited and renowned Bible Teachers in the Bible colleges stretching from Texas to Florida and the MidWest. I have read thesis after thesis, notes after notes, and according to medical specialists, I have a photogenic memory better than most and I could technically be a certified member of MENSA.

What I just wrote ^ means: I do not forget anything, I remember whatever I read even if it was 40 years ago. And that posters name was a NAME I have seen several times before. I just did not mention it, I took the time to look it up.

Now, you have the meaning for SALT, but that same word also means king, and then specifically means king Demon Moloch.

So, there are THREE CORRECT TRANSLATIONS to that ONE HEBREW WORD!!

so, I just asked about it.

And to be certain, because if a new born believer just GOOGLED that name, Moloch is the meaning to 93 of the 100 hits you get. Moloch is a king Demon. In my view, this would confuse a NEWBORN CHRISTIAN. It caught me off Guard after I looked at Young's Analytical, and then GOOGLED it. Because GOOGLE is mostly about a king DEMON!!

obedienttogod

Jan 3, 2019
i already explained it to you.

I am only answering those who asked why I did this, not that I don't accept your answer.

But I will ask you a question:
Would it make you feel bad, if a newborn Christian decided to Google your name, and 93 out of 100 hits claimed your name means king Demon Moloch. And it caused them to leave God because they don't understand from your point of view it means "SALT?"

That is why I asked you. Your name has 3 meanings. 2 are good and 1 is bad. A newborn Christian most likely is not going to look for the good once they read king Demon Moloch!!

God is not confusing, but a word with THREE CORRECT MEANINGS can be confusing!!

That is my point, not that you are a bad person!!

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
But I will ask you a question:
Would it make you feel bad, if a newborn Christian decided to Google your name, and 93 out of 100 hits claimed your name means king Demon Moloch. And it caused them to leave God because they don't understand from your point of view it means "SALT?"

That is why I asked you. Your name has 3 meanings. 2 are good and 1 is bad. A newborn Christian most likely is not going to look for the good once they read king Demon Moloch!!

God is not confusing, but a word with THREE CORRECT MEANINGS can be confusing!!

That is my point, not that you are a bad person!!

1. Why would anyone, unprovoked, just start googling the meaning of an anonymous name of an anonymous user on a internet site?

That's just weird.

Nobody does that unless they're provoked, or have some kind of specific reason.

So yeah, no "newborn Christian" is just going to suddenly do that for no reason... not a real thing.

2. Next, your main thesis seems inaccurate: 93 out of 100 hits on "melach" do NOT seem to show what you claim.

Since this sounded entertaining, and I needed a break, I looked it up.
Who knows right?
Maybe Melach is a horrible demon in disguise right?
Maybe he's come to eat our souls?
Surely nobody on CC would just make up crazy stuff... right?

So I googled:
I got 177,000 hits on google, and I stopped reading after the FIRST 7 PAGES... BECAUSE MELACH JUST MEANS SALT.

If anyone googled this word, they'd find nothing more than it's a VERY COMMON HEBREW WORD MEANING SALT.

If you found some obscure references showing the word has a different meaning, WELL DONE, because it couldn't be easy to find.

Conclusion:

This whole thing about Melach's name meaning something sinister is very entertaining, truly.
But maybe it belongs in the conspiracy forum.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
What is it specifically that you would like to emphasize?

He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.” John 3:36
I often hear works-salvationists quote John 3:36 in the NASB and "stress" the word "obey" to imply that we are saved by obedience/works. In regards to "does not obey the Son" in the New American Standard translation of the Bible, this does not mean that receiving eternal life is based on the merits of our obedience/works which follows believing in the Son, but obey by choosing to believe in the Son. If John wanted to make obedience the central theme in salvation here, he would have said: "He who believes and obeys the Son has eternal life," but that is not what John said. To obey the Son here is to choose to believe in the Son.

The King James Version renders this same verse as: He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that "believeth not the Son" shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. The NIV says "rejects the Son" and the CSB says, "refuses to believe in the Son." The Greek word translated as "believeth not" in that verse is "apeitheo" and it means: "not believe, disobedient, obey not, unbelieving." Strong’s definition of apeitheo is "to disbelieve willfully and perversely." In the context of 3:36, to "not obey the Son" means to reject the Son by refusing to believe in the Son.

Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God.
Descriptive of unbelievers.

He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son. 2 John 9
Descriptive of believers.

He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 1 John 2:4
More descriptive passages of scripture. 1 John 2:3 - By this we know that we have come to know Him, (already know Him/already saved) "demonstrative evidence" - if we keep (guard, observe, watch over) His commandments. 4 The one who says, “I have come to know Him,” and does not keep (guard, observe, watch over) His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

These passages of scripture must not be twisted to teach salvation by works. :cautious:

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
I often hear works-salvationists quote John 3:36 in the NASB and "stress" the word "obey" to imply that we are saved by obedience/works. In regards to "does not obey the Son" in the New American Standard translation of the Bible, this does not mean that receiving eternal life is based on the merits of our obedience/works which follows believing in the Son, but obey by choosing to believe in the Son. If John wanted to make obedience the central theme in salvation here, he would have said: "He who believes and obeys the Son has eternal life," but that is not what John said. To obey the Son here is to choose to believe in the Son.

The King James Version renders this same verse as: He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that "believeth not the Son" shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. The NIV says "rejects the Son" and the CSB says, "refuses to believe in the Son." The Greek word translated as "believeth not" in that verse is "apeitheo" and it means: "not believe, disobedient, obey not, unbelieving." Strong’s definition of apeitheo is "to disbelieve willfully and perversely." In the context of 3:36, to "not obey the Son" means to reject the Son by refusing to believe in the Son.

Descriptive of unbelievers.

Descriptive of believers.

More descriptive passages of scripture. 1 John 2:3 - By this we know that we have come to know Him, (already know Him/already saved) "demonstrative evidence" - if we keep (guard, observe, watch over) His commandments. 4 The one who says, “I have come to know Him,” and does not keep (guard, observe, watch over) His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

These passages of scripture must not be twisted to teach salvation by works. :cautious:
15 When you spread out your hands in prayer, I will hide my eyes from you;
even if you offer many prayers, I will not listen. Your hands are full of blood;
16 wash and make yourselves clean. Take your evil deeds out of my sight! Stop doing wrong,
17 learn to do right! Seek justice, encourage the oppressed. Defend the cause of the fatherless,
plead the case of the widow.

18 "Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet,
they shall be as white as snow
; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.
19 If you are willing and obedient, you will eat the best from the land;
Isaiah 1

God simply calls us to do good. It is not hard, it is what in Christ we are called to do. Amen.

10 For, "Whoever would love life and see good days must keep his tongue
from evil and his lips from deceitful speech.
11 He must turn from evil and do good; he must seek peace and pursue it.
12 For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer,
but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil."
13 Who is going to harm you if you are eager to do good?
1 Peter 3

This is not a difficult concept, it is what every child is taught to do as a youngster, yet
here on a christian forum it appears to be something impossible to accept or even do?

Who truly knows Christ?