Calvinist Kitchen...stirring the pot

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
It is not the only issue. Thats why you have 5 points of calvinism instead of just one.
It IS the issue, your anti-calvinist stance says that you do not believe God is sovereign over you but that you are in charge

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
It is not the only issue. Thats why you have 5 points of calvinism instead of just one.
did you look up the word sovereign?? I'll bet not.
all the points of calvinism stem from that main point

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
I've shown it several times. Romans 5.........the sin of Adam was impuned to all, therefor all are born sinners. Adam is the federal head of the human race.
No, you did not. The text of Romans 5 does not correspond with what you say about it.

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
Find scripture proof that God is NOT sovereign, and you have defeated calvinism.........all 5 points AND the Trinity to boot.

a 3 for 1

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
Find scripture proof that God is NOT sovereign, and you have defeated calvinism.........all 5 points AND the Trinity to boot.

a 3 for 1
The sovereignity of God does not equal calvinism. Therefore you are making a false requirement.

Its as false as saying "find proof that God is not love and you have defeated arminianism".

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
The sovereignity of God does not equal calvinism. Therefore you are making a false requirement.

Its as false as saying "find proof that God is not love and you have defeated arminianism".
YOU are a stinker.......misquoting me now and not just the bible. SHAME

nobody said anything about God and LOVE. It's about God and His sovereignty. YOU ARE DEFLECTING from the issue.

Dec 28, 2016
It IS the issue, your anti-calvinist stance says that you do not believe God is sovereign over you but that you are in charge
Scripture is crystal clear that man's salvation is not determined by man's will, yet they continue to preach decisional regeneration, man "chose" his way into eternal life &c.

John 1:13 could not be any more plain. Salvation has zero to do with man's determinative choice via his will.

But that won't stop them, Scripture never does stop them until God opens their minds to the truth.

There are other passages proving this, but there is no need on offering them when they reject one so plain. They'll just hop over to a whosoever will verse as if it disproves another passage...sad to witness their poor hermeneutic in action all in order to protect their faulty gospel of man choosing his way into heaven via "free will."

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
YOU are a stinker.......misquoting me now and not just the bible. SHAME

nobody said anything about God and LOVE. It's about God and His sovereignty. YOU ARE DEFLECTING from the issue.
Please, read more carefuly.

Your statement "prove that God is not sovereign and calvinism will be blah blah" is as wrong as to state "prove that God is not love and arminianism is blah blah".

I hope you can comprehend the point.

U

UnderGrace

I have been humbled many times, God loves to do that to people. And I praise God he does it.

I still pray you can be humbled. Sadly, from past calvinists who have come, Something about that group and pride is hard to break. They love to judge, But they refuse to take admonishment.
There are some funny jokes on the internet about this "temperament" ... must be several have made this observation and connection too!

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
"Calvinist" patriarchs - Irenaeus, Hippolytus, Clement, Polycarp, Tertullian, Augustine, Luther, Tyndale, Wycliffe, Justin Martyr, Zwengli, Hus, Calvin, Beza, ..........well of course the apostles who wrote those great gospels and letters to the church.
Then how come they call in Calvinism, shouldn't it be IHCPTALTWJMZHCB?

E

eternally-gratefull

ROFL.........right back at ya!!! Careful when you throw those rubber insults, they tend to bounce right back on you.
How about this, You do it, and I will do it?

Or you can ontinue to deny you have done anything wrong.

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
Did you not get the memo? I agree with Sola Mio.
ok, I can see you just like being silly and have no substance to deal with. I did try to make the offer to explain my side and ask why we differ on some points, but I see you would rather not. ok by me

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
ok, I can see you just like being silly and have no substance to deal with. I did try to make the offer to explain my side and ask why we differ on some points, but I see you would rather not. ok by me
I seek no common ground with a person that would seek to limit My Saviour's mission field. Your whole theory is a sad joke . . . on you . . . and those that could come to Christ through you, that won't, because they don't need to come to Christ when they have already been there from the foundation of the world.

E

eternally-gratefull

CAUSE AND EFFECT ARE NOT CHOICES.
An example I gave awhile back.......drink poison you die. CAUSE -poison, EFFECT - death. Now you might say that you can choose to not drink the poison, to which I am saying, drink or not does not change the fact that it IS poison and the effect IS death.

Ergo: The cause does not change and neither does the effect
God causes, then you are born again.
No cause, no effect.
Nice example, But I think you are missing something

I take you to the OT where God sent snakes to punish the people who sinned, the penalty would be death.

The people repented, and asked for salvation

What Was Gods response?
Here I will let moses speak for himself.

Numbers 21:
7 Therefore the people came to Moses, and said, “We have sinned, for we have spoken against the Lord and against you; pray to the Lord that He take away the serpents from us.” So Moses prayed for the people.

8 Then the Lord said to Moses, “Make a fiery serpent, and set it on a pole; and it shall be that everyone who is bitten, when he looks at it, shall live.” 9 So Moses made a bronze serpent, and put it on a pole; and so it was, if a serpent had bitten anyone, when he looked at the bronze serpent, he lived.

in Fact, Jesus mentioned this while he walked the earth, that he too must be liften up.

John 3:
As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness
, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up; 15 so that whoever [d]believes will in Him have eternal life.

16 “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. 18 He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

As you see in both cases

Sin caused death

God provided a means of salvation

The people had to CHOSE to believe in Gods provision and live, or reject Gods provision and continue in death.

God caused, He offered, I just humbled mysef enough to say yes. No different than the children of Isreal who were being bitten by poisonous snakes (using your poison example) who had to CHOSE in faith to look up at Gods provision. Failing to do so would result in death.

E

eternally-gratefull

You can't even define "soverignty"
Who was it that was telling people not to attack or judge others?

Judge not lest ye be judged.

I understand Gods soverignty completly. I also understand Gods love completely. And his justice, and his total essence..

E

eternally-gratefull

No one is saying this

One more time, Stop judging people with false truths. Just because they disagree with you

E

eternally-gratefull

I've shown it several times. Romans 5.........the sin of Adam was impuned to all, therefor all are born sinners. Adam is the federal head of the human race.
Yep,

And as has been shown to you, Christ is made the head of all who believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.