Calvinist Kitchen...stirring the pot

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 28, 2016
He was not a 'natural man' in the earlier stages of his life, he became one when he began to worship nature. Just as I could not claim to be a 'spiritual man' until after I received Jesus Christ as my personal Saviour, and then only after I began to let the Holy Spirit control my life. For the most part in the early years I was a 'carnal' man at best.
Natural man is born that way. As soon as they are born they go forth telling lies (they have no truth in them)

Nature a beginning, as to what the eyes see and the ears hear is natural man born with no faith. Natural man cannot to see past what his eyes see the horizon . Walking by sight describes an evil generation that seeks after a sign before they will commit belief.

God has no nature he is supernatural and not a man as us.

Natural man seeks after the temporal things seen. This is unlike spiritual man the generation of Christ. They seek after the things not seen, the eternal. You could say they are not ashamed of putting on the 20/20 prescription (2 Corinthians 4:18) to see the hidden spiritual things in the various parable, which without parable Christ spoke not in these last times.

While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal 2 Corinthians 4:18

Because they do use the 20/20 prescription it explains the ministry of Christ to bring the good news the gospel of our salvation

John 9:39 And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.

Isaiah 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
False.

Utterly false.

The context is eternal salvation as per Ephesians 1.

You're dismissing context for your Primitive Baptist theology. In other words first comes your indoctrination, i.e. your time salvation heresy that you learned from other PB's, then you misinterpret Scripture.

The salvation in Ephesians here referred to is that of eternal life, not some on earth only salvation you continue to peddle. Ephesians 1 is that starting point and the context feeds off of this. That makes your view erroneous. Maybe if you "lose yourself" and your PB theology you'll see this, but, highly doubtful.
I agree that Eph 2:8 is referring to eternal life, but I am claiming that the faith is in reference to the faithfulness of Jesus to go to the cross (Gal 2:16), and not to man's faith. lest any should boast. I might have overlooked it, but did you ever answer my question? If one of God's children dies before he has repented of a sin he commits does he PERISH (go to hell)? This is in reference to your comment on 2 Pet 3:9.

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
We are all born into this world spiritually dead.(1 Cor 2:14). We remain in this state of being until God regenerates us and gives us the Holy Spirit.(Eph 2:5). You were regenerated before you received Jesus as your Saviour or had the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.
False Gospel alert! . . . False Gospel alert! . . . False Gospel Alert!

"Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent" (John 6:28-29).

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
No

We remain in this state until that whihc makes us dead (the penalty of sin) is removed.

This is called justification.

Once we are justified, We are regenerated.
The penalty of our sins were removed on the cross. God looks at us as holy and without blame. He says that our sins are as far away from as the east is from the west. We were also justified by Jesus's faithfulness to go to the cross ( Gal 2:16 ). God brought us from spiritual death to spiritual life in regeneration ( Eph 2:5 ).

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
Natural man is born that way. As soon as they are born they go forth telling lies (they have no truth in them)

Nature a beginning, as to what the eyes see and the ears hear is natural man born with no faith. Natural man cannot to see past what his eyes see the horizon . Walking by sight describes an evil generation that seeks after a sign before they will commit belief.

Natural man seeks after the temporal things seen. This is unlike spiritual man the generation of Christ. They seek after the things not seen, the eternal. You could say they are not ashamed of putting on the 20/20 prescription (2 Corinthians 4:18) to see the hidden spiritual things in the various parable, which without parable Christ spoke not in these last times.

While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal 2 Corinthians 4:18

Because they do use the 20/20 prescription it explains the ministry of Christ to bring the good news the gospel of our salvation

John 9:39 And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.

Isaiah 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

"Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent" (John 6:28-29).

E

eternally-gratefull

The penalty of our sins were removed on the cross. God looks at us as holy and without blame. He says that our sins are as far away from as the east is from the west. We were also justified by Jesus's faithfulness to go to the cross ( Gal 2:16 ). God brought us from spiritual death to spiritual life in regeneration ( Eph 2:5 ).
Yes,

But not induvidually, If it was No one owuld have to be justified, They would already have been justified on the cross.. Thus no one would have to recieve the Gospel and believe.

When I pay for a gift, It is not the persons until the person recieves the gift, As long as I have it in my posession, it is not the persons.

Jesus died, so all who believe may have eternal life. Those are the words of the scripture..

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018

Regeneration (Eph 2:5) is the work of God and generates belief.

E

eternally-gratefull

Adam and eve were-natural state when Preincarnat Jesus went looking for them..

Did that stop God from going to find them, and confronting them on the issue and forcing them to make a decision?

E

eternally-gratefull

Regeneration (Eph 2:5) is the work of God and generates belief.
It is the work of God we beleive

God works in all ways in our salvation.

But he just does nto force it on us, He wants us to chose, Thats what a LOVING creator does.. He does not keep the truth from some, while allowing others to see..

Thats what evil men do. Thats what dictators do. Thats is what the father of lies does.

NayborBear

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
You and I interpret 1 Cor 2:14 differently. I believe that verse 11 says that man knows the things of man by the spirit of man which is in him and the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. The fact in Eph 1:13 hearing and believing the gospel for the natural man does not harmonize with 1 Cor 2:11. Before a person can hear and believe the spiritual gospel they would have to have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit that is given in regeneration. (Eph 2: especially in verse 5.)

Just because the Lord stated in Gen. 6:3 "My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh:...and cnt'd?" Somehow are under the impression that God's Spirit has ABONDONED man! Nothing could be further from the truth! Using the term "dormant", comes to mind, but this is a too strong of a term! Sleeping, behind a very heavily armed "spiritual guard", rather like the armed guard of the tree of life, in the garden of Eden, as to make it quite IMPOSSIBLE in ones' accessing? Would be closer! And not that each and every man, woman, or childs' "life" is not monitered, and "filtered", then forwarded, when a, or the correct circumstances warrant? Is about as close as this poor retired truck driver can describe that which actually takes place!

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Yes,

But not induvidually, If it was No one owuld have to be justified, They would already have been justified on the cross.. Thus no one would have to recieve the Gospel and believe.

When I pay for a gift, It is not the persons until the person recieves the gift, As long as I have it in my posession, it is not the persons.

Jesus died, so all who believe may have eternal life. Those are the words of the scripture..
Receiving the gospel and believing the gospel does not save (deliver) you eternally, it does, however, deliver (save) you here on earth. You were saved (delivered) eternally on the cross. You are trying to make the natural man, who does not have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit be able to discern spiritual things and the scriptures will not harmonize that. The ALL WHO BELIEVE are those who God has regenerated (Eph 2:5).

E

eternally-gratefull

Receiving the gospel and believing the gospel does not save (deliver) you eternally, it does, however, deliver (save) you here on earth. You were saved (delivered) eternally on the cross. You are trying to make the natural man, who does not have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit be able to discern spiritual things and the scriptures will not harmonize that. The ALL WHO BELIEVE are those who God has regenerated (Eph 2:5).
Lol.

Again, Keep believing this..

I will trust God

You continue to trust self. (That God chose you over other people because yoru special)

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
It is the work of God we beleive

God works in all ways in our salvation.

But he just does nto force it on us, He wants us to chose, Thats what a LOVING creator does.. He does not keep the truth from some, while allowing others to see..

Thats what evil men do. Thats what dictators do. Thats is what the father of lies does.
Your fault is that you think that God is unjust because he did not choose all mankind to be his elect people. But the truth is, according to Psalms 53:2-3, he would not be an unjust God if he had not chosen any and let us all go to hell. Another fault that you have is that you cannot believe that God does not love all mankind, when the scriptures says that he does not. Job 12:6 - For whom the Lord loveth, he chasteneth, and scourgest every son whom he receiveth, Then if you be without chastisment, then are ye bastards, and not sons. Job 21:9 - Their houses are safe from fear, neither is the rod of God upon them. Ps 73:5 - They are not in trouble as other men; neither are they "PLAGUED" (divinely punished) like other men. Because of these false beliefs is why the majority of God's children do not understand the doctrine of Jesus.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Lol.

Again, Keep believing this..

I will trust God

You continue to trust self. (That God chose you over other people because yoru special)
It seems odd that you say that you will trust God, and most of your comments are not backed up with quoting God's word.

E

eternally-gratefull

It seems odd that you say that you will trust God, and most of your comments are not backed up with quoting God's word.
It seems odd you focus on only 2 passages, and make whole doctrines out of thse two passages..

Mar 23, 2016
First, show me where God doing this work is false, and show where no person can perceive these things until they are born again as false too.
My question was "does a person have to be "elect" to be able to "hear the gospel"?"

Instead of answering, you reply with the above, which does not answer the question and you changed the question from "hear" to gospel to "perceive" the gospel.

You and I both know faith by hearing and hearing by the Word of God (Rom 10:17).

So, I will ask again:

Does a person have to be "elect" to be able to "hear the gospel"?

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.