Calvinist Kitchen...stirring the pot

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

EleventhHour

Irresistible Grace is only extended to Gods Elect.

Unbelievers can easily resist Grace.
You are not following your own Reformed Theology now.

Grace is extended to only some, those that God has pre-selected.

In your dogma if you present it accurately it is....

Jane Smith is deliberately foreordained to commit sin.
Is hated by God
Is predestined to hell because God withholds His Grace, salvation is intentionally out of reach for her.
Is deliberately excluded from the atoning sacrifice of Jesus
Jane Smith will be judged by a god and sent to hell because he favored someone else over her
This is a god who essentially goes against his own commandments where believers are called to love those he hates?

Tell me do not see a problem here?

E

eternally-gratefull

Grandpa? He said he thought everyone here was saved including us, so it could not be him

preacher? If this is who you mean, then yes I think he thinks this, or at least appears to the way he argues

E

EleventhHour

It IS redundant.

Why say He is the Saviour of all men and then say He is the Saviour especially of those that believe?

Does that mean that those who don't believe are also Saved? NO.

It means that there are men, right now and in the future, who don't believe but will believe. God is the Saviour of them too.
How about this substitution...

John 8:34
Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Elect committeth sin is the servant of sin.

Or this one...

Romans 13:2
Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
Elect therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. :eek::eek:

Something ...

May 31, 2020
This is talking about everyone in the world who comes to Christ, past, present and future.

It is not saying that the Lamb of God has erased all the sins of all the people who will ever live.

To make it say the 2nd is dishonest.

Think about the consequences of what you are trying to say here. Christ has taken away the sins of EVERYONE who ever lived and who will ever live. That means everyone who has ever lived and will ever live is Righteous before God without having to come to Christ or receive ANYTHING else from God.
Jesus Christ took away all the sins of the world except for one, blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. When people deny Christ they are blaspheming the Holy Spirit by calling God a liar, hence why nonbelievers do not have salvation.

E

EleventhHour

We believe in an almighty God who saves everyone He purposed to save, you believe He failed big time. So you don't believe that God is almighty, because He failed to save the majority of those He came to save.

So we have two different views of God, you believe He tried to sell salvation to everyone but ended up embarrassed because most didn't buy His sales pitch. It makes God look like a loser, who failed to sell eternal paradise for free and the majority of those He begged laughed Him to scorn and choose the spend eternity screaming in the lake of fire.

I can't accept a God who fails in anything, let alone selling eternal paradise for free. So I'll just stick with the God who has a 100% success rate in everything He does. I refuse to believe in a god who fails to achieve his goals.
Does your sovereign God will sin?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Regeneration does not precede belief/faith that is an incorrect doctrine of John Calvin and not taught in scripture.

God does not regenerate the sinners heart so that a person can accept Him.

So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Romans 10:17

Not ..... regeneration comes by hearing

1 Corinthians 2:14 :)

Jimbone

Aug 22, 2014
This is a completely unwarranted tyrade attacking another user
I find the art of going out of your way to target people to be typical of a certain type of mentality that has displayed itself as being unable to hold up its end of the conversation, so it resorts to the usual mockery and fake mirth

well, since you can't put people to death like your mentor when he wanted someone to shut up, I guess that is how you illustrate what you have in your heart but just cannot physically enact

I seldom use any x's these days, except for the little run I just had on the person who started it all for no reason, but I do show likes and so on

just so when it gets back that I x also, I really don't, except for the exception just mentioned in keeping with a certain verse in
Proverbs
Look lil miss fire cracker and pot stirrer, the only red "X's" I put were on the comments like this. You're like an angry little fan-girl hype woman going around shouting "Ohh Calvin is bad, you worship Calvin, Calvin this, Calvin that, Yet you continue to attack others with this that could not be more clear when they tell you "I DON'T FOLLOW CALVIN YOU DEAF HARD HEADED, TROUBLE STARTING, GOSSIP , RIDICULOUS MOUTHED, LITTLE JEZEBEL." You will turn around and literally in the next comment tell that person say "you follow Calvin, TULIP, and Blah, blah blah......" You TELL us, along with the other CC Democrats, what we believe, and then wont shut up about accusing all that YOU DEEM unworthy of salvation, and go on to tell us about how we are not saved. I do not know why you, DC and crew can't ever try to make peace in any way, show an ounce of humility, which runs in your whole clique, or ever admit you are wrong in any way in these endless debates, it's because I guess you guys get off on chaos.

Anyway back to the red "X's". I agree the "disagree" looks so harsh, I have stopped myself from using them many times simply for that reason, but I red "Xed", every single comment I read where you were starting trouble for no reason, or falsely going off on a straw man you were attacking that no one was even making and argument for, you're just blowing hot air for NO REASON. I was using the reaction system straight up, unlike you who can't seem to take any disagreement at all, so like a 2-year-old pitching a fit, you went back and "Xed" as many of my old comments as you could. Very mature and Christ like, and your brother above me that has the nerve to call others a joke. You guys are embarrassing to me. Have a nice day and we love you guys.

Dec 12, 2013
If you have paid any attention to what I say I have ALWAYS SAID ALL GLORY TO CHRIST...thst does not change the facts that..

Which you have no way of understanding until God gives you understanding.

You can't reason with someone who can't understand.

God is a spirit but we are carnal.

That God exists. Not the gospel of Salvation.

Which they cannot do until they are given understanding.
Nothing you said supports Calvin's dogma that you and your pals peddle

SO THAT THEY ARE WITHOUT EXCUSE <--this one phrase destroys Calvinism WHICH STATES ->God made some for hell and only man "A" for salvation.

Wrap your head around the truth man.....IF GOD made MAN "A" for salvation and man "B thru Z" to burn in hell, there is NO NEED to make them accountable because THEY HAD NO CHOICE in the MATTER....

it is not ROCKET SCIENCE and your religion is easily dismantled by the common sense God gave a goose and deductive reasoning basef upon the word.

Dec 12, 2013
Irresistible Grace is only extended to Gods Elect.

Unbelievers can easily resist Grace.
This is so hilarious and honestly reeks of ignorance....another tenant of Calvin's dogma thst can be shot down.

The gifts and CALL OF GOD ARE IRREVOCABLE......do you understand that word irrevocable?

MANY ARE CALLED, few are chosen....

The call made to the many is IRREVOCABLE <--They have the OPTION AND CHOICE TO ACCEPT IT AT ANY TIME BECAUSE IT IS IRREVOCABLE.

See....your Calvinite dogma has blinded you to this truth because YOU believe men HAVE NO CHOICE...when indeed they DO!

Dec 12, 2013
It IS redundant.

Why say He is the Saviour of all men and then say He is the Saviour especially of those that believe?

Does that mean that those who don't believe are also Saved? NO.

It means that there are men, right now and in the future, who don't believe but will believe. God is the Saviour of them too.
Wow.....a prime example of how one's man made dogma skews the word to something it is not saying because it is viewed through the rose colored glasses of error

May 31, 2020
Nothing you said supports Calvin's dogma that you and your pals peddle

SO THAT THEY ARE WITHOUT EXCUSE <--this one phrase destroys Calvinism WHICH STATES ->God made some for hell and only man "A" for salvation.

Wrap your head around the truth man.....IF GOD made MAN "A" for salvation and man "B thru Z" to burn in hell, there is NO NEED to make them accountable because THEY HAD NO CHOICE in the MATTER....

it is not ROCKET SCIENCE and your religion is easily dismantled by the common sense God gave a goose and deductive reasoning basef upon the word.
I’d like to echo your sentiments by adding that if man “A” was made for salvation and thus never held accountable for his sin then there was no need for Christ’s perfect sinless life, sacrifice and resurrection.

Dec 12, 2013
It all comes down to how we choose to arrange the scriptures, God choose to have the written in such a way that they would confuse the wise of the world. We don't find many smart believers, all of the worlds top minds are atheists. Bible believers are seen as fools by the wise people of the world.
Yeah......ok...............actually, some of the top minds of history have believed in Jesus/God and even now some do......but hey, if you want to believe what you have written, especially the part about how we CHOOSE to arrange scripture, have a ball...

Faith comes by HEARING and HEARING by the word of God. <--clear enough for me the way God had it written

Dec 12, 2013
This would be incorrect.

Jesus paid for the sins of all humanity, this does not mean all are saved.
Calvinism is drawing a conclusion that does not exist in scripture.
My bible is clear...the sins of the whole world.....just another way Calvinites like to twist the word to their own particular view....

John146

Jan 13, 2016
The scriptures never make any such claims, so this is your private assumption. The elect are all born dead in sins and trespasses, just as the reprobate are but God quickens them to life at His appointed time.
The thing created has no right to question the Creator, regarding His timing or motive.
Lol, I said if this were true, going back to the post I was addressing.
Do you believe you were in Christ before the foundation of the world?

John146

Jan 13, 2016
We believe in an almighty God who saves everyone He purposed to save, you believe He failed big time. So you don't believe that God is almighty, because He failed to save the majority of those He came to save.

So we have two different views of God, you believe He tried to sell salvation to everyone but ended up embarrassed because most didn't buy His sales pitch. It makes God look like a loser, who failed to sell eternal paradise for free and the majority of those He begged laughed Him to scorn and choose the spend eternity screaming in the lake of fire.

I can't accept a God who fails in anything, let alone selling eternal paradise for free. So I'll just stick with the God who has a 100% success rate in everything He does. I refuse to believe in a god who fails to achieve his goals.
God’s will is for you to not sin. Did He fail or did you?

Status
Not open for further replies.