Calvinist Kitchen...stirring the pot

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 12, 2013
But my "insta-fruit doctrine" allows me to judge what I perceive as a lack of fruit in another.:cautious:
Funny how a month or so ago she was unsure of salvation and now all of a sudden is a Master Teacher arguing like she knows what she is talking about.....all the time bearing false witness against men, 1 of 7 things God hates.....but hey...wisdom is justified of her children!!!

E

EleventhHour

Funny how a month or so ago she was unsure of salvation and now all of a sudden is a Master Teacher arguing like she knows what she is talking about.....all the time bearing false witness against men, 1 of 7 things God hates.....but hey...wisdom is justified of her children!!!
She has the Holy Spirit, we do not, makes it convenient to not put in any real work and learn to discern truth from error.

ljs

Jan 13, 2018

E

EleventhHour

"EleventhHour,

[Yes, God does allow people to believe things that are not true, however, I will not believe them because they are not true.

When Calvinites cannot defend their dogma this is the typical retreat position.]
If you offered anything that looked like a biblical defense of your ideas, every Calvinist on here would gladly correct you caricatures and strawmen.
So you say but you retreat from responding to this post?
Why is that?

https://christianchat.com/threads/calvinist-kitchen-stirring-the-pot.180696/post-4351515

May 31, 2020
i thought you did not believe in Work? :unsure::)
I can speak on her behalf although it’s not necessary. Some of us recognize we don’t need works to maintain salvation. We simply work to the glory of God in Jesus Christ’s Name. 😉

Iconoclast

May 27, 2017
We already know you reject scripture....why cast it out to be trampled..and the implication is obvious!
I understand you are reluctant to offer any scripture because it is obvious you have nothing to offer and would be further embarrassed by your foolish responses being corrected left and right.

If you want to try and man up and post something, by all means, try. I think every Cal on here has probably discovered your errors, that is why you just attack now...Have you offered a verse in the last few weeks? I must have missed it:cautious::cautious::cautious:

May 31, 2020
I understand you are reluctant to offer any scripture because it is obvious you have nothing to offer and would be further embarrassed by your foolish responses being corrected left and right.

If you want to try and man up and post something, by all means, try. I think every Cal on here has probably discovered your errors, that is why you just attack now...Have you offered a verse in the last few weeks? I must have missed it:cautious::cautious::cautious:
May I interject? What Scripture are you interested in receiving?

Iconoclast

May 27, 2017
"EleventhHour,
[So you say but you retreat from responding to this post?
Why is that?]

https://christianchat.com/threads/calvinist-kitchen-stirring-the-pot.180696/post-4351515

All the Cal's are right here. All correct your error. Name what you believe are your best scriptural arguments for your point of view...with scripture, then we have something to discuss.
I can assure you I will be right here, not backing away from anything you have to offer.

Oh, hold on, I must have missed this post, you did offer something, I could not open this link, so I am sorry i missed it, but have opened it now....lets look;
[Soon as we present scripture that refutes this dogma, TULIP, Calvinists retreat and say we cannot understand.]

Not at all. I did not see this post until now, There will be no retreat my friend, instead i will help you with it.(y)

[Here deal with this does "all" mean all?]

All means all of what is in view...all what? all oranges? all zebra's? So let's look at the teaching.

[Romans 5:12 states, “. . . all have sinned.”]

yes, indeed, Paul established this earlier in this epistle
Romans 3:2323 For all sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

All sinned and died IN Adam at the fall..ALL died spiritually with physical death to follow.

[Yes Calvinism denies this statement as meaning "all"]

Calvinists do not deny this at all.

[Consequently, just as one trespass resulted in condemnation for "all" people, so also one righteous act resulted in justification and life for all people.
Romans 5:18]

Now here is where you have gone off into a wrong conclusion. There is an easy biblical fix that i will offer to to you.
Romans 5:12-21 is dealing with two representative men, the First Adam and the
last Adam'

Here is the simple biblical fix......
All died spiritually in the first Adam.
All men ever born are born physically alive, mentally alert but spiritually dead in the first Adam.

Those who are born again are alive from the dead, they have died to the first adam,
and are alive In the Last Adam, the Lord Jesus Christ.

[So which one is true]

Just like mentioned earlier, all oranges, does not equal all Zebra's

All physically born, die in Adam.All men everywhere start dead in Adam.

All born again believers [not all men ever born]
are alive in the Last Adam, the Lord Jesus Christ.
What do you think? I did not have to retreat, no, just read it with understanding:unsure::unsure::unsure:

Iconoclast

May 27, 2017
Duskey,

[May I interject? What Scripture are you interested in receiving?]

Any and all scripture that any here want to discuss??
We can look at anyone you want to offer. I do not limit it.
We have to reconcile all scripture with any view we think to be biblical.
Most Calvinists I know are all about scripture.

For example, many use the 1689 confession of faith, feel free to take any section, show where you agree or disagree and we can look it over. Do not be like some of the foolish posters offering childish insulting speech containing no edification.

http://vor.org/truth/1689/1689bc00.html

May 31, 2020
Duskey,

[May I interject? What Scripture are you interested in receiving?]

Any and all scripture that any here want to discuss??
We can look at anyone you want to offer. I do not limit it.
We have to reconcile all scripture with any view we think to be biblical.
Most Calvinists I know are all about scripture.

For example, many use the 1689 confession of faith, feel free to take any section, show where you agree or disagree and we can look it over. Do not be like some of the foolish posters offering childish insulting speech containing no edification.

http://vor.org/truth/1689/1689bc00.html
I’m at a friend’s home and my phone is at 2%. I’ll get back to you when I can. 😎

Iconoclast

May 27, 2017
@Iconoclast, with the deepest respect, I don’t care about any confessions of faith. Give me some scripture my friend. I’m eager to correspond with you regarding SCRIPTURE. 😎
Allow me to show you something.....
Chapter 1: Of the Holy Scriptures
1._____ The Holy Scripture is the only sufficient, certain, and infallible rule of all saving knowledge, faith, and obedience, although the light of nature, and the works of creation and providence do so far manifest the goodness, wisdom, and power of God, as to leave men inexcusable; yet are they not sufficient to give that knowledge of God and his will which is necessary unto salvation. Therefore it pleased the Lord at sundry times and in divers manners to reveal himself, and to declare that his will unto his church; and afterward for the better preserving and propagating of the truth, and for the more sure establishment and comfort of the church against the corruption of the flesh, and the malice of Satan, and of the world, to commit the same wholly unto writing; which maketh the Holy Scriptures to be most necessary, those former ways of God's revealing his will unto his people being now ceased.
( 2 Timothy 3:15-17; Isaiah 8:20; Luke 16:29, 31; Ephesians 2:20; Romans 1:19-21; Romans 2:14,15; Psalms 19:1-3; Hebrews 1:1; Proverbs 22:19-21; Romans 15:4; 2 Peter 1:19,20 )

22 scriptures are listed, they are meant to be looked up and studied....The confession is loaded with scripture.

Go over any topic, the scriptures are on the bottom of each section.
If you think you can improve on what these men taught, offer it.:cautious::oops:(y)

May 31, 2020
Allow me to show you something.....
Chapter 1: Of the Holy Scriptures
1._____ The Holy Scripture is the only sufficient, certain, and infallible rule of all saving knowledge, faith, and obedience, although the light of nature, and the works of creation and providence do so far manifest the goodness, wisdom, and power of God, as to leave men inexcusable; yet are they not sufficient to give that knowledge of God and his will which is necessary unto salvation. Therefore it pleased the Lord at sundry times and in divers manners to reveal himself, and to declare that his will unto his church; and afterward for the better preserving and propagating of the truth, and for the more sure establishment and comfort of the church against the corruption of the flesh, and the malice of Satan, and of the world, to commit the same wholly unto writing; which maketh the Holy Scriptures to be most necessary, those former ways of God's revealing his will unto his people being now ceased.
( 2 Timothy 3:15-17; Isaiah 8:20; Luke 16:29, 31; Ephesians 2:20; Romans 1:19-21; Romans 2:14,15; Psalms 19:1-3; Hebrews 1:1; Proverbs 22:19-21; Romans 15:4; 2 Peter 1:19,20 )

22 scriptures are listed, they are meant to be looked up and studied....The confession is loaded with scripture.

Go over any topic, the scriptures are on the bottom of each section.
If you think you can improve on what these men taught, offer it.:cautious::oops:(y)
You left out:
Isaiah 53
Luke 12:32
John 3:16-18
Romans 10:9-10
and much more

Iconoclast

May 27, 2017
You left out:
Isaiah 53
Luke 12:32
John 3:16-18
Romans 10:9-10
and much more
Those are great verses found in different sections of the confession. A Confession of faith is like a toolbox, each section deals with a focused topic. In the first section it is just establishing that Scripture is the sole rule of faith and practice, so it starts of with 2 tim 3:15-17....it is not necessarily exhaustive, but meant to provoke further thought and study.

They spent months working on the wording of each section and the verses are designed to demonstrate it.

E

EleventhHour

"EleventhHour,
[So you say but you retreat from responding to this post?
Why is that?]

All the Cal's are right here. All correct your error. Name what you believe are your best scriptural arguments for your point of view...with scripture, then we have something to discuss.
I can assure you I will be right here, not backing away from anything you have to offer.

Oh, hold on, I must have missed this post, you did offer something, I could not open this link, so I am sorry i missed it, but have opened it now....lets look;
[Soon as we present scripture that refutes this dogma, TULIP, Calvinists retreat and say we cannot understand.]

Not at all. I did not see this post until now, There will be no retreat my friend, instead i will help you with it.(y)

[Here deal with this does "all" mean all?]

All means all of what is in view...all what? all oranges? all zebra's? So let's look at the teaching.

[Romans 5:12 states, “. . . all have sinned.”]

yes, indeed, Paul established this earlier in this epistle
Romans 3:2323 For all sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

All sinned and died IN Adam at the fall..ALL died spiritually with physical death to follow.

[Yes Calvinism denies this statement as meaning "all"]

Calvinists do not deny this at all.
:unsure:
[Consequently, just as one trespass resulted in condemnation for "all" people, so also one righteous act resulted in justification and life for all people.
Romans 5:18]

Now here is where you have gone off into a wrong conclusion. There is an easy biblical fix that i will offer to to you.
Romans 5:12-21 is dealing with two representative men, the First Adam and the last Adam'

Here is the simple biblical fix......
All died spiritually in the first Adam.
All men ever born are born physically alive, mentally alert but spiritually dead in the first Adam.

Those who are born again are alive from the dead, they have died to the first adam,
and are alive In the Last Adam, the Lord Jesus Christ.

[So which one is true]

Just like mentioned earlier, all oranges, does not equal all Zebra's

All physically born, die in Adam.All men everywhere start dead in Adam.

All born again believers [not all men ever born]
are alive in the Last Adam, the Lord Jesus Christ.

What do you think? I did not have to retreat, no, just read it with understanding:unsure::unsure:
I think you making an illogical argument>>> false equivocation.

Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men (you change to the elect men) unto justification of life. (Romans 5:18)

That is a logical fallacy.

Paul goes on to clarify that while sin did come upon all men, salvation is a gift it must be received, whereas he does not state that about the offence and Adam.

E

EleventhHour

Yes, good connection...

The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, ‘Look, a glutton and a winebibber, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!’ But wisdom is justified by her children.” Matthew 11:19

Now if only @jackrosie can see the connection.. perhaps the Holy Spirit will do some revealing.

Iconoclast

May 27, 2017
I think you making an illogical argument>>> false equivocation.

Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men (you change to the elect men) unto justification of life. (Romans 5:18)

That is a logical fallacy.

Paul goes on to clarify that while sin did come upon all men, salvation is a gift it must be received, whereas he does not state that about the offence and Adam.

Status
Not open for further replies.