Calvinist Kitchen...stirring the pot

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
This post, if not so tragic, would be hilarious....the fact of the matter is....it is not only ignorant, it is also argumentative for the sake of holding and promoting a false gospel. Look in the mirror man because it for sure applies to you!.

God would have ALL MEN be saved and cone to the knowledge of the truth.

Not just the followers of Calvin!
Was the false gospel promoted by the Pharisees or the ones the Pharisees mocked? I can't remember....

E

EleventhHour

That definitely doesn't mean to cast pearls before swine.

She said she was saved. That IS the answer to any man the reason of her hope.

If they don't believe then they don't believe. If they mock then they mock.
I think you mean the were not given the "ability to believe."

Stay true to your dogma.

Remember God has only chosen some. to force to believe.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
He heard the Saviour Christ, the one who died, buried, resurrected, ascended and sitting in the right hand of God. Well, Paul have heard the preaching of Stephen.

Acts 7:58-60

58 And cast him out of the city, and stoned him: and the witnesses laid down their clothes at a young man's feet, whose name was Saul.
59 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.
60 And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep
Not sure if that preaching of Stephen was the gospel or an accusation.

Not that they didn't deserve it...

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011

Stay true to your dogma.

John 3:19-21
19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

E

EleventhHour

Is that what Paul did?

Did he call on the name of the Lord on the Road to Damascus?

I obviously gave you WAY too much credit. You must have been talking about something entirely different when I agreed with you.

That probably won't happen again.

The bible tells me...... 9 And for three days he was without sight, and neither ate nor drank.

On speaking to Ananias, Saul gained his sight, received his commission, was filled with the Spirit, and was told to get baptised.

So he was not filled with the Spirit/regenerated on the road to Damascus.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
The bible tells me...... 9 And for three days he was without sight, and neither ate nor drank.

On speaking to Ananias, Saul gained his sight, received his commission, was filled with the Spirit, and was told to get baptised.

So he was not filled with the Spirit/regenerated on the road to Damascus.
Right.... That's funny.

So who was Paul praying to and how was he receiving visions that come true?

Did he just get lucky?:ROFL:

E

EleventhHour

19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.
Your use of scripture is not helping.

"And this is the condemnation"

In context the rejection of the new birth, so they are help accountable for what they reject.

Meaning God holds people accountable for their love of darkness rather than light.
See here you want to say "all" and it does not.

"But he that doeth truth"
The one that obeys and submits to the new birth is the one who has acknowledged his need of a Saviour.

Scripture is much easier to understand when no twisting and embellishing is involved.

E

EleventhHour

Right.... That's funny.

So who was Paul praying to and how was he receiving visions that come true?

Did he just get lucky?:ROFL:
Really Calvinism makes everything so convoluted and complicated.

He had a special revelation and he responded to the revelation he was given.

God deals with individuals not your one size fits all.

Paul had an option to obey or disobey Jesus’ calling. Fortunately he obeyed and was a useful chosen instrument.
So then, King Agrippa, I WAS NOT DISOBEDIENT to the vision from heaven (Acts 26:19)

May 19, 2020
Ephesians 3.
I’m not trying to put words in your mouth, I’m simply trying to understand how you can be saved without ever hearing the Gospel which you have stated on multiple occasions.

I had heard the gospel at school.was taught religious education..Mathew,Mark,Luke,etc........Jesus also came into my thoughts when I was saved.......It was like the Holy Spirit opened up my heart to receive Him......I never thought for a second of my receiving/ saving......it was just a very natural receiving......of the Holy Spirit...my spirit knew instantly that it was the Holy Spirit.

It was very personal at the time....and a lot of crying.

My saving was also completely and utterly unexpected.........seriously,it blew my mind.

May 19, 2020

Once you become born again,Granpa.....your whole life changes,the Holy Spirit is at work in us,transforming us.
Romans 8:29
For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son,that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.

May 19, 2020

Stay true to your dogma.

Looking back on my saving......yes,Jesus came into my thoughts,....but it was God who opened up my heart to receive the Holy Spirit...it was very natural,I never thought for a second on my receiving/ saving,the Holy Spirit........it was huge and very personal,just God and I.

God’s timing of my saving was perfect.....was all very natural and nothing “FORCED”...as you seem to call it...no dragging either.

May 19, 2020
Looking back on my saving......yes,Jesus came into my thoughts,....but it was God who opened up my heart to receive the Holy Spirit...it was very natural,I never thought for a second on my receiving/ saving,the Holy Spirit........it was huge and very personal,just God and I.

God’s timing of my saving was perfect.....was all very natural and nothing “FORCED”...as you seem to call it...no dragging either.

He opened the eyes to my heart.

Open the eyes of their hearts and let the light of Your truth flood in.
Shine Your Light on the hope You are calling them to embrace.
Reveal to them The glorious riches you are preparing as their inheritance.

Ephesians 1:18

May 19, 2020
Galatians 1:11-12
11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Amen!

E

EleventhHour

11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.
Why is Paul making this assertion do you think?
I can assure you it was not to prove some tenet of Calvinism.

May 31, 2020
Ephesians 3.

I had heard the gospel at school.was taught religious education..Mathew,Mark,Luke,etc........Jesus also came into my thoughts when I was saved.......It was like the Holy Spirit opened up my heart to receive Him......I never thought for a second of my receiving/ saving......it was just a very natural receiving......of the Holy Spirit...my spirit knew instantly that it was the Holy Spirit.

It was very personal at the time....and a lot of crying.

My saving was also completely and utterly unexpected.........seriously,it blew my mind.
I can relate. I remember the exact moment hearing about Jesus for the first time and I was completely overjoyed. Like being welcomed to a party and that party is still swinging.

Keep reading Scripture prayerfully and always take comfort in knowing your salvation is irrevocable; purchased with the blood of Christ and forever secured in God’s love and grace.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
Why is Paul making this assertion do you think?
I can assure you it was not to prove some tenet of Calvinism.
This is like those interviews of college kids. You tell them Trumps tax plan, but you tell them it came from Obama and they love it. You then tell them it was really from Trump and they hate it.

Its probably better not to even mention Calvinism with you guys. I'll just tell you it came from the democrats and we should be fine...

May 31, 2020

Once again you take scripture out of context. No wonder you believe in calvinism. By your reasoning Paul was persecuting Christians without ever hearing a single detail of the Gospel. He just felt like persecuting Christians because he had nothing better to do.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Since y'all want to interact like children, I'm forced to take your toy away. I don't have the time or inclination to dig through over 200 pages of this nightmare to find out who started it.

Status
Not open for further replies.