A
Ariel82
Guest
Threads always get ugly when people start telling others what the other person believed instead of listening or asking questions.
Threads always get ugly when people start telling others what the other person believed instead of listening or asking questions.
Right? Was that what you meant when you told me in a thread I don't preach the Gospel either, not even knowing who I am? Was that ugly too, or is it only the "others?" Sorry, but your post has Matthew 7:1ff written all over it.
I honestly never realized just how destructive it is until just this moment. You're right. It's straight up Pelagianism.
Threads always get ugly when people start telling others what the other person believed instead of listening or asking questions.
Be fair. The Free willers came in here starting with us when Kayla made it clear the intent of this thread.
Yeah and you didn't in that thread.
I don't stalk you around the forums and I still believe evil speaking is a sin.
Be fair. The Free willers came in here starting with us when Kayla made it clear the intent of this thread.
True but I would rather hear about what you do believe then vitriol about what others believe and how WRONG and Heretical it is.
True but I would rather hear about what you do believe then vitriol about what others believe and how WRONG and Heretical it is.
If folks know the Truth ,then lies become obvious next to it.
You could spend your whole life chasing heresies or you could spend it preaching the Gospel.
It still stands without love, words are just clanging cymbals,
We have a right to defend our position when it's in question. Again, why the blame shift to us? We weren't hunting out anyone, they came to us. With more misrepresentation of our position I might add.
3. Is it any wonder, that these accounts are very readily received by the generality of men For who is not easily persuaded to think favourably of himself Accordingly, writers of this kind are most universally read, admired, applauded. And innumerable are the converts they have made, not only in the gay, but the learned world. So that it is now quite unfashionable to talk otherwise, to say any thing to the disparagement of human nature; which is generally allowed, notwithstanding a few infirmities, to be very innocent, and wise, and virtuous!
4. But, in the mean time, what must we do with our Bibles -- for they will never agree with this. These accounts, however pleasing to flesh and blood, are utterly irreconcilable with the scriptural. The Scripture avers, that "by one man's disobedience all men were constituted sinners;" that "in Adam all died," spiritually died, lost the life and the image of God; that fallen, sinful Adam then "begat a son in his own likeness;" -- nor was it possible he should beget him in any other; for "who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean" -- that consequently we, as well as other men, were by nature "dead in trespasses and sins," "without hope, without God in the world," and therefore "children of wrath;" that every man may say, "I was shapen in wickedness, and in sin did my mother conceive me;" that "there is no difference," in that "all have sinned and come short of the glory of God," of that glorious image of God wherein man was originally created. And hence, when "the Lord looked down from heaven upon the children of men, he saw they were all gone out of the way; they were altogether become abominable, there was none righteous, no, not one," none that truly sought after God: Just agreeable this, to what is declared by the Holy Ghost in the words above recited, "God saw," when he looked down from heaven before, "that the wickedness of man was great in the earth;" so great, that "every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually."
It was NOT false witness because I said I did NOT see you preach the gospel in that thread.
I stand for God and His truth and have spoken vehemently against the WOF movement.
So who is bearing false witness?
I will leave it for God to decide.
Threads always get ugly when people start telling others what the other person believed instead of listening or asking questions.
My apologies Kayla, it seems I have set off "attack mode" in some folks.